Wristband effort called 'unethical'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
FYI on the wrist bands. I'm a volunteer for ONE/DATA.org and last night we were at the Seattle Art Walk passing out wrist bands I asked my field representive from DATA about the bands. And yes, the first batches were Made in China. These are the ones that have "www.onecampaign.org" on the inside of the band and is clearly marked with "Made In China." The new bands that have "www.one.org" on the inside are nowing being produced here in the US.

Ms. M said:
FYI on the wrist bands. I'm a volunteer for ONE/DATA.org and last night we were at the Seattle Art Walk passing out wrist bands I asked my field representive from DATA about the bands. And yes, the first batches were Made in China. These are the ones that have "www.onecampaign.org" on the inside of the band and is clearly marked with "Made In China." The new bands that have "www.one.org" on the inside are nowing being produced here in the US.

:D :applaud: :up:

digsy said:

I think you'll find your dvd player probably says made in china also but I don't think you're going to throw that in the trash now are you?

just because it's made in china does NOT mean it was made by small suffering children in a tiny overcrowded factory where everyone is suffering in horrendous oxygen and food starved environments while being beaten!

you guys are jumping to conclusions - go back and read the last 2 pages of this thread about the reality of sweat shops and how they really effect the people and the economy.
in fact, do one better, go out and read "The End Of Poverty" by Jeffrey Sachs - you'll soon change your tune on the "shame" of wearing a product made in a developing country.

I see the point.. Good one!

Back
Top Bottom