Wow! What A Great Gift For Mom!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonochick

Halloweenhead
Staff member
"Carson Daly took his mom, Pattie Daly Caruso, on a whirlwind trip to Ireland, where she got to meet her favorite band, U2."

I always knew Carson was a fan...didn't know his mom was too!

------------------
"Frisbetarians believe that when they die their soul goes up on the roof, and they can't get it down."

Bonochick's Place

i am not wild about the guy, but it was a great gift!
parents can be cool, my mom loves bono!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Is it getting hot in here or is it just ADAM??
*+*MaRiA*+*

After I got into U2, my mom did too! She doesnt know a whole lot about them, but she does love their music, and BONO
wink.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

I never liked Carson either but that's nice! My son is in a band, maybe one day he'll introduce me to U2! Best present ever!

------------------
"I've been all over,
and it's been all over me!"

Carson looks joost like the bass player guy I had the biggest crush on in high school. He was hot.
So I always have a special place in my heart for Carson
wink.gif

And that is quite a cool mother's day present! I got my mom... flowers and a color ink cartrige (hey those things are $40!)

------------------
~ALOTWU!~
"I have to concentrate so hard not to fook up." ~Larry

I got my momma some flowers to plant in the garden somewhere and a big ole 5 pound bag of salt water taffy!!!
Love ya momma!
Oh, and I gave her a super pretty picture of Larry that I taped to her mirror where she gets ready in the morning...

I was never really wild about Carson, but hearing that he's a huge fan of U2 made me respect him a LITTLE.

My mom was the person who opened my eyes to U2 in the first place. Happy mother's day!!!

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

Originally posted by sparkys girl:
i am not wild about the guy

That's because you love Kurt Loder
wink.gif

*must resist urge to post pic*
biggrin.gif

Carson must have taken her to Slane-didn't he go there and show his 'home video' on MTV? I missed that

------------------
~Your insults and your curses make me feel like I'm not a person~
~The more people I meet the more I like my dog~

Am I the only one that thinks Carson is really good lookin'?!?!

Carson.jpg

------------------
"Frisbetarians believe that when they die their soul goes up on the roof, and they can't get it down."

Bonochick's Place

Originally posted by daisybean:
He is a cutie

On SNL last night they did a spoof of his late night show.

oo I saw that once
his show, not the SNL skit
and... Kurt Loder always kinda frightened me

------------------
~ALOTWU!~
"I have to concentrate so hard not to fook up." ~Larry

*prays for child who will do likewise...before they're dead
wink.gif

------------------
Official Town Crier of Willyville

Laura: Dad, don't forget that you'll have to take mom home.
Dad: Well, Laura...y'know your mother...she's all that you can't leave behind...

*sings loudly*
"AND I KNOW IT ACHES, AND YOUR CAR IT BREAKS, YOU CAN ONLY TAKE SO MUCH...DRIVE ON"

"Here we are in our 40 ft. lemon. F*@k off!" - Bono

Originally posted by Miss MacPhisto:
After I got into U2, my mom did too! She doesnt know a whole lot about them, but she does love their music, and BONO
wink.gif

GAH! No fair!!! My mom hates Bono, she's always screaming at him (or, at the speakers rather). The other day I was laying in the sun forcing the entire neighborhood to hear Achtung Baby and my mom says "That man has a hard time carrying a melody line...." WTF does THAT mean?!?!?! gr! my mom is soooo stooopid!

I try to compromise, I even wear her Buddy Holly sweater that she made WAY back in the day. I listen to her oldies and folk rock (and LIKE most of it).

I think our relationship is hopeless.....

------------------
"I retain the right to act like a hormonal teenager because i am one!!!" ~~~ Laura

AIM: Rattle n Hum 02

peace out \\//

And I thought putting pictures of U2 on my mother's card was nice, and Carson Daly had to go show me up. Oh well, there's always NEXT year.

------------------
Dana

Ma: The car was rattle and humming...
Dana: COOL!

Originally posted by Ultraviolet Light:
At least your mother isn't totally CLUELESS!

damn straight, ellen, I'd rather have my mom be clueless that feckin CONFRONTATIONAL!!! I mean, its not like I'm forcing stuff down her throat, but she goes out of her way (and into mine) to complain/mock/ridicule my taste. I mean, i could see her point if I were the one trying to convince her of something, but SHE is always the one to bring it up. And its not just U2, or my music in general, ANYTHING i choose is not good enough for her....GAH!!!

------------------
"I retain the right to act like a hormonal teenager because i am one!!!" ~~~ Laura

AIM: Rattle n Hum 02

peace out \\//

Originally posted by LivLuvAndBootlegMusic:
GAH! No fair!!! My mom hates Bono, she's always screaming at him (or, at the speakers rather).

At least your mother isn't totally CLUELESS!
My mother actually said to me the other day "Are the U2s Irish?"
After I stopped beating my head against the wall, I gave her a 15 minute speech...but I think she tuned me out after I said something to the effect of "WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?!?"
biggrin.gif

Yeesh...

------------------
"Well, it could have been an artichoke, but we wanted a more practical fruit." -Larry

AIM: LightMyWay02

Back
Top Bottom