Wouldn't it suck...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheWho4Life

Rock n' Roll Doggie
If you died before the new album came out?
:lmao: I aws just thinkin of thins while writin about the new album in another forum lol!
I was thinkin "What if i died before the new album came out" :sad: :censored: :no: :scream: :slant: :uhoh: :sigh:
I mean, no more U2 obviously... but... I would never get to hear it!!!
BUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not that I'm going to... *crosses fingers*

I just thought about that a half an hour ago.

U2democrat said:
Well since Bono's basically Jesus's homeboy I'm sure they'd crank it upstairs :wink: (I mean no offense to anyone here with what i just said!)

And that is why I don't worry about it.

^^ ...and besides that, heaven is filled with good music! :yes:

Freddie, Elvis, Bob Marley, John and George, Hutch, Jim Morrison, Jimmi Hendrix, Kurt Cobain, Buddy Holly, the Wilson brothers, Michael Kamen, Phil Lynott, Roy Orbison, Joey Ramone - just to mention a few - they're all jamming it away up there, I'm sure! :D

Merc said:
^^ ...and besides that, heaven is filled with good music! :yes:

Freddie, Elvis, Bob Marley, John and George, Hutch, Jim Morrison, Jimmi Hendrix, Kurt Cobain, Buddy Holly, the Wilson brothers, Michael Kamen, Phil Lynott, Roy Orbison, Joey Ramone - just to mention a few - they're all jamming it away up there, I'm sure! :D
I don't wanna start soundin too Whoish but, you forgot 2 great artists :D Keith Moon(only the greatest drummer ever) and John Entwistle :wink:
But you're right! All those great dudes up there jammin!:dance: :dance:

Keith Moon was a monster (i mean that in a good way). He absolutely ROCKED. I loved his facial expressions as he would play....so funny! I don't think we can expect Larry to be making as many goofy faces behind the drum kit as Keith did.......:|

TheWho4Life said:
If you died before the new album came out?
:lmao: I aws just thinkin of thins while writin about the new album in another forum lol!
I was thinkin "What if i died before the new album came out" :sad: :censored: :no: :scream: :slant: :uhoh: :sigh:
I mean, no more U2 obviously... but... I would never get to hear it!!!
BUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not that I'm going to... *crosses fingers*

What a horiffic thought! death before not hearing the album!!!!!

eugh. but its a good point that they would be played in heaven!! :D:D lol, except maybe MOFO :eyebrow:
it would be worse to get to a concert and get trampled to death on the way in.
gosh. im morbid today
my BF shaved all his hair off today and im a little touchy

Keith Moon was a character. He was the ultimate "live fast, die young" rock star. I plan to be around when the album comes out so I can look forward to the tour, and then to hit the show in Atlanta!

u2bonogirl said:
it would be worse to get to a concert and get trampled to death on the way in.
I don't knwo why I'm relatin everything back to The Who today guys, sorry :shrug:
Anybody heard about or remember that one concert The Who had where all those people died and were injured and stuff? I don't know when it was or where it was but, it was horrible :( :sad:

Or, are you relating what you said to that moment u2bonogirl?

scaring idea

U2, if you are reading this, hurry up!
The fans are goin out crazy

Resist! Just a few days and we will have Vertigo on Radios wordwide!

Who4Life, about the trampling people thing
It was in Cinci Ohio and I think 11 people were killed...and I"m totally blanking on the year. It was on Vh1's 100 most shocking moments in rocknroll.

U2democrat said:
It was in Cinci Ohio and I think 11 people were killed...and I"m totally blanking on the year. It was on Vh1's 100 most shocking moments in rocknroll.
I think it was after Keith passed, so maybe in the 80s sometime?

Reminds me of the story about Siskel from Siskel and Ebert the film critics. I guess he was super excited about the new Star Wars Prequels, and then he died before the first one was released. Kind of sad. Pleba girls drive carefully and look both ways before crossing the street!

U2democrat said:

Old fart here with first hand info :wave:

It was December 1979. :( I was a senior in high school and very into The Who. I collected all the newspapers and magazines on the story, as I did everything on the band. I saw them on that same tour when they came to my town. Something that bugged me was that it was reported that the band played on anyway and didn't care about the fans who died. That wasn't true. They were not told until after the show was over, and most of the fans inside didn't know until afterwards either.

BTW it was 1978 that Keith died and that was their first tour without him. The shirt I bought (From scalpers who were later arrested) had a painting of Keith and a tribute on the back, and the band and the Union Jack on the front. It was $5. The official tour shirt was very plain and had no pics and was $20, what would you buy? I saw his buddy get arrrested and told him to flee, but he kept hanging around.

Back
Top Bottom