Would he even pick up if he could???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spinninghead77

Refugee
I was watching the ZooTV video on Saturday, and I noticed that when they start flashing a bunch of numbers on the screen that some of them are phone numbers. Has anyone ever tried calling them???

------------------
***Spinny***
Here I go and I don't know why
I spin so ceaselessly
Could it be he's taken over me????

Originally posted by spinninghead77:
I was watching the ZooTV video on Saturday, and I noticed that when they start flashing a bunch of numbers on the screen that some of them are phone numbers. Has anyone ever tried calling them???

I have noticed that too ... though I have never tried calling any of them. I actually watching the Zoo TV video yesterday before the Superbowl. I love Zoo TV ... Bono in leather, MacPhisto ... *swoooooon*

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

they seriously scare me those numbers!
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75:
Good question. I was wondering that myself a few weeks ago while I was watching. Hmm, I dare you to call one of the numbers!
wink.gif
I will call it, if someone can get the number. They flash so quickly and when I tried pausing it, the screen got so blurry!!

*Waits patiently for the release of ZooTV on DVD*

Good question. I was wondering that myself a few weeks ago while I was watching. Hmm, I dare you to call one of the numbers!
wink.gif
I will call it, if someone can get the number. They flash so quickly and when I tried pausing it, the screen got so blurry!!

*Waits patiently for the release of ZooTV on DVD*

I really wish that they release ZooTV and PopMart on DVD soon. Hmm, If I get really bored tonight, I will try to see if I can pause the screen and slowmotion the frames to get a number. I remember seeing a 1-800 number...
*all of the sudden feels like a 14 year old wanting to make prank calls at a spend the night party*
wink.gif

hehe! My new nightly thing is to fall asleep watching the Zoo TV tape, and it works like a charm, but last night, I was lying in my bed, and for some reason, something other than the normal must watch the sheer and utter hotness of U2 was keeping me awake, it was Adam's bass on Zoo Station. I couldnt fall asleep until that song was over, luckily it's the first song.

------------------
Dana

"U2 is hot."
-random girl from my math class.

Originally posted by DML:
hehe! My new nightly thing is to fall asleep watching the Zoo TV tape, and it works like a charm, but last night, I was lying in my bed, and for some reason, something other than the normal must watch the sheer and utter hotness of U2 was keeping me awake, it was Adam's bass on Zoo Station. I couldnt fall asleep until that song was over, luckily it's the first song.

that is so funny, because for some reason the past few nights i have been using PopMart to fall asleep to. But it never works, I end up having to turn it off because I get way into the concert to fall asleep.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by MissVelvetDress_75 (edited 02-04-2002).]

*all of the sudden feels like a 14 year old wanting to make prank calls at a spend
the night party*
wink.gif

LMAO sleepovers!
Oooh... let's call boys!

*ahem* If they're one of the U2 boys, maybe!

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*
"And the Lord said 'Humble thyself, Bono!'" ~ Bono

"It's not like a family. It's like a street gang." ~ Larry

But you know there's something more
Tonight, tonight, tonight

Let's have a slumber party at the PLEBA Mansion!! We can stay up late and eat tamale's, and drool over the boys!!!

Originally posted by wildhoney22:
LMAO sleepovers!
Oooh... let's call boys!

LMAO...memories, oh to be that young again...

Haven't anyone tried to call the number Bono called?? I mean you can see pretty clear what number he is dialing and if you're living in Australia it's just to dial and for the rest of us, just dial the countrycode before.
I've heard a few MacPhisto calls and some times Bono mumbles the number while dialing so why not give it a try??
biggrin.gif
LOL Fun entertaintment on a drunk evening.

Eight
Six
Seven
Five
Three
Oh
Ni-i-i-ine...

------------------
~*Mona*~ LOVE me, give me SOUL

"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~Bono

"Mona Lisa must have had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles."

The Man Corral

LMAO sleepovers!
Oooh... let's call boys!

Yes ... prank calls for the boys.

Is it just me or does anyone else love the prank calls on the Simpsons. Here are a few good ones ....

Is anyone here Jass? A Hugh Jass?

Hey Magroin!! Pat Magroin!!

I need Hugginkiss!! Amanda Hugginkiss!!

Anyone seen Mike Rotch Lately?

Is anyone here Wayne King

Is a Bath here? Guys! Guys! Anita Bath

Klosoff Wanted? Can I have Oliver Klosoff?

O'Problem? Do I have a Bea O'Problem?

Butts! Butts! I wana Seymour Butts!!

Is Daily Here? Oy!! I.P Daily!!

Say Magroin!! Who's Holden Magroin

Anyone here an Al Coholic

Pidass please! A Stu Pidass is wanted on the phone!!

Excuse Me Strap!A Jock Strap please

Uh, is I.P. Freely here? Hey, everybody, I.P. Freely!

Uh, Jacques Strap! Hey guys, I'm looking for a Jacques Strap!

Uh, Homer Sexual? Aw, come on, come on, one of you guys has gotta be Homer Sexual!

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

Originally posted by JessicaAnn:
LMAO sleepovers!
Oooh... let's call boys!

Yes ... prank calls for the boys.

Is it just me or does anyone else love the prank calls on the Simpsons. Here are a few good ones ....

Is anyone here Jass? A Hugh Jass?

Hey Magroin!! Pat Magroin!!

I need Hugginkiss!! Amanda Hugginkiss!!

Anyone seen Mike Rotch Lately?

Is anyone here Wayne King

Is a Bath here? Guys! Guys! Anita Bath

Klosoff Wanted? Can I have Oliver Klosoff?

O'Problem? Do I have a Bea O'Problem?

Butts! Butts! I wana Seymour Butts!!

Is Daily Here? Oy!! I.P Daily!!

Say Magroin!! Who's Holden Magroin

Anyone here an Al Coholic

Pidass please! A Stu Pidass is wanted on the phone!!

Excuse Me Strap!A Jock Strap please

Uh, is I.P. Freely here? Hey, everybody, I.P. Freely!

Uh, Jacques Strap! Hey guys, I'm looking for a Jacques Strap!

Uh, Homer Sexual? Aw, come on, come on, one of you guys has gotta be Homer Sexual!

LMAO...I am laughing so loud in my office. My coworkers just asked "Iris, are you alright?" LOL!!I should have answered "No, I am lauhging at a U2 message board about making prank calls and I am 27 years old"...

LMAO...I am laughing so loud in my office. My coworkers just asked "Iris, are you alright?" LOL!!I should have answered "No, I am lauhging at a U2 message board about making prank calls and I am 27 years old"...

Here's me calling Bono at the PM offices:

BONO: Hello ...

ME: Yes is there a Mr. Magroin there. The first name is Pat.

BONO: No Pat Magroin here.

ME: How about a Holden Magroin.

BONO: Who's Holden Magroin?

ME: Apparently no one.

ME: How about a Mr. Rotch. First name is Mike.

BONO: Hmmmm ... I am not sure. It's hard to keep up with the new people here. *To someone standing near by* Has anyone seen Mike Rotch?

ME: Bwahahahahah.

BONO: No one knows about Mike Rotch here. Hey ... wait a second ... you're not one of those PLEBA girls are you?

*click*

------------------
Jessica

--Bono

--Bono

Originally posted by JessicaAnn:
Here's me calling Bono at the PM offices:

BONO: Hello ...

ME: Yes is there a Mr. Magroin there. The first name is Pat.

BONO: No Pat Magroin here.

ME: How about a Holden Magroin.

BONO: Who's Holden Magroin?

ME: Apparently no one.

ME: How about a Mr. Rotch. First name is Mike.

BONO: Hmmmm ... I am not sure. It's hard to keep up with the new people here. *To someone standing near by* Has anyone seen Mike Rotch?

ME: Bwahahahahah.

BONO: No one knows about Mike Rotch here. Hey ... wait a second ... you're not one of those PLEBA girls are you?

*click*

LOL!!!!!!
*I am so immature*

you know, I did call Spanky's in Toledo. It wasn't Spanky's House of Fatigues...but I'm willing to take a risk and call random numbers.

My cell phone has free long distance...of course, if the thing actually WORKED when I wanted it to...calling random numbers is always a good thing in my book

------------------
Dana

"U2 is hot."
-random girl from my math class.

Hey, who is up for a slumber party? Guess what I was able to find? *LOL at myself* I was up to the challenge to see if I can make out the phone numbers that are flashing very fast during UTEOTW. And well, thanks to superslow motion on my VCR I was able to do it.
There were only three 800 numbers that were flashed throughout the number sequence and they are:

800-535-4555
800-555-5644
800-424-9530

I have a feeling they are for Greenpeace or something like that. So, who is going to call? *evil laugh*

oh yeah, these dates kept popping up during the sequence as well, anyone know the meaning behind them(because I don't)?

2/23/1963
2/23/1998 *I am assuming this is for someones bday b.c. of the date above*
7/11/1964
4/24/1996

Hey, who is up for a slumber party? Guess what I was able to find? *LOL at myself* I was up to the challenge to see if I can make out the phone numbers that are flashing very fast during UTEOTW. And well, thanks to superslow motion on my VCR I was able to do it.
There were only three 800 numbers that were flashed throughout the number sequence and they are:

800-535-4555
800-555-5644
800-424-9530

I have a feeling they are for Greenpeace or something like that. So, who is going to call? *evil laugh*

oh yeah, these dates kept popping up during the sequence as well, anyone know the meaning behind them(because I don't)?

2/23/1963
2/23/1998 *I am assuming this is for someones bday b.c. of the date above*
7/11/1964
4/24/1996

i'll call
but not right now.
my husband is sitting across from me, and ...well...he might look at my funny.

We've uncovered Bono's underground phone sex company!

------------------

"Mona Lisa must have had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles."

The Man Corral

Originally posted by WildHonee:
We've uncovered Bono's underground phone sex company!

Does Bono just run the business or does he take calls too?
biggrin.gif

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*

Does Bono just run the business or does he take calls too?
biggrin.gif

Smooth operator. He does it ALL.

------------------

The Man Corral

i don't want to call if it is going to be a Bono sex company!!!

i wouldn't mind an Adam one...but....

and oh yeah, if someone else wants to call before i can....and it looks like my husband is going to settle in here for awhile...feel free

Smooth operator. He does it ALL.

But he makes poor Edge work weekends...

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*

But he makes poor Edge work weekends...

ROFL

Well if by PRESS SECRETARY you mean *PRESS* then yes...I suppose Edge is in charge *ahem* of handling *ahem* much of the work *ahem* load.

------------------

The Man Corral

Well if by PRESS SECRETARY you mean *PRESS* then yes...I suppose Edge is in charge *ahem* of handling *ahem* much of the work *ahem* load.

And he takes some of Bono's *ahem* personal calls when he's not around...

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*

Back
Top Bottom