WOOHOO!!! I am gonna see Bono!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LOL! Kelly and Diane :hug: I should have clarified....I actually only drove home from my Metro stop, I wasn't driving around downtown DC. I'm not quite ready for that yet! :yikes:

But I did have an interesting time picking up BAW from BWI when she came to visit. I had the wrong directions coming back from the airport, and ended up driving all the way to Annapolis, then almost into downtown DC, then out to Glen Burnie!!! I was on the Beltway, sandwiched between several Tractor Trailers in the pitch dark! THREE hours of highway driving. That was one scary introduction to driving on the highways here! :lmao:

Ok folks here are the pics that were ok..the rest turned out crappy...:(

BonoSpeech1.jpg

DSCF0898.jpg

DSCF0900.jpg

DSCF0902.jpg

Has anyone posted the Ashley story yet? I thought that was about the sweetest thing I've ever seen! (Ashley is the girl in the pic above).

During the Q & A session one of the conference host's was reading questions written by the audience...one of them started out "I love you" and then went into a question about what teenagers could do to get more involved with ONE. The girl had written her name at the bottom so Bono read it aloud and asked her to come meet him on the stage...there was about a five minute collective 'aaaww' from the audience as a 14-year-old girl stood up and Bono kept gesturing for her to come on up, come on up. He talked to her on stage for about five minutes (I had my fists clenched because I was so nervous for her...being impromptu interviewed by Bono...on stage...) and then kissed her hand...sigh...

Hi Amy and Julie :kiss: :hug: :kiss: Thanks so much for this weekend, I had a really great time.

Mrs. Edge it's always great hanging out with you. I've got to come back and do it again :sexywink:

I just got home from DC so I'm a tad bit tired. Will post my pictures tomorrow. Unfortunately I was sitting right behind U2fanatic4ever and skjuls so my pictures might not be much better :(

Ralphie said:
Has anyone posted the Ashley story yet? I thought that was about the sweetest thing I've ever seen! (Ashley is the girl in the pic above).

During the Q & A session one of the conference host's was reading questions written by the audience...one of them started out "I love you" and then went into a question about what teenagers could do to get more involved with ONE. The girl had written her name at the bottom so Bono read it aloud and asked her to come meet him on the stage...there was about a five minute collective 'aaaww' from the audience as a 14-year-old girl stood up and Bono kept gesturing for her to come on up, come on up. He talked to her on stage for about five minutes (I had my fists clenched because I was so nervous for her...being impromptu interviewed by Bono...on stage...) and then kissed her hand...sigh...
]
aaaawwwwwwwwwww even outside shows he still is making contact with 'his' audience :cute:
what did he say to her?

:wave:

Back at school! It was SOOOOO exciting to see Bono and meet fellow interferencers!!!! :hyper:

I got some video of him talking (i took it of the video screen lol) and I'll upload it when I get the chance :up:

Nobody's mentioned the bitchy staff/guard people that had a bunch of sticks (or their heads) up their arses :madspit: Bono was kind enough to get on his tippy toes and wave at us "poor" folks...even though we're the REAL fans and members of the one campaign! :mad::rant:

Anyway, Bono's speech was typical bono, which was of course EXCELLENT. It was fun meeting fellow U2 freaks, it's good to know i'm not alone in this world. Hello to everyone I met! :wave:

U2democrat said:
:wave:

Back at school! It was SOOOOO exciting to see Bono and meet fellow interferencers!!!! :hyper:

I got some video of him talking (i took it of the video screen lol) and I'll upload it when I get the chance :up:

Nobody's mentioned the bitchy staff/guard people that had a bunch of sticks (or their heads) up their arses :madspit: Bono was kind enough to get on his tippy toes and wave at us "poor" folks...even though we're the REAL fans and members of the one campaign! :mad::rant:

Anyway, Bono's speech was typical bono, which was of course EXCELLENT. It was fun meeting fellow U2 freaks, it's good to know i'm not alone in this world. Hello to everyone I met! :wave:

Hey u2democrat!
I am bummed that I didn't get a chance to meet you! I was at the hotel at 2:30pm and hung out for a bit then went and ate and came back..Went to McClellans Bar afterwards...

U2democrat said:

I had honestly forgotten about the staff. I don't think they were prepared. Or had looked at what the tickets looked like. We ended up being 2nd in line to get in. The doors opened right behind section 8, which is where our tickets were. We split up, Mom went to the right, I went to the left. As I was getting to the front of the section, a female usher caught me, looked at my ticket and said I was in section 3. After I repeated to her 3 times that no, I wasn't, and that "3" was the date, she said "What row are you?" I told her (several times) that it was GA. She argued with me before consulting her map and then realizing the middle front sections were reserved. She backed off. But had she taken me up to 3, it could have really messed things up. Had great seats though, clear view of Bono all the way through.

Anyone else hang out outside the dessert reception in the hopes of seeing him and get fussed out by one of the staff people? She was yelling and on a complete power trip, and all we were doing was standing, then sitting at the tables.

I think he knew where we were (and I mean the fans, not us specifically). He was catering to other part of the crowd, but you know he knew. If memory serves, when he brought up the One campaign, I think he gestured to the perimeter and said something like "some of you may have already joined..."

And how cool was it when all the fans started clapping and singing alone with Streets in the introductory video. :cool:

I wish I'd gotten to meet people. I loved the speech too. Absolutely amazing.

Galeongirl said:
]
aaaawwwwwwwwwww even outside shows he still is making contact with 'his' audience :cute:
what did he say to her?

Something along the lines of getting her school involved in the ONE campaign and having them do work to raise awareness of these issues. If my memory serves me correctly he reached over and held her hand or arm at one point as she was trying to answer his question and not quite able to get the words out (she looked about as nervous as I would have felt in that situation!), as if to be supportive. I was so happy for her but must admit I was kicking myself for not submitting a question with my name on it...from another girl who loves you...section 8, row 2, seat 5, just, you know, FYI...phone number included and whatnot...:wink:

I was also not happy with the staff! There were a few of us waiting around afterwards to get a glimpse of Bono walking out, and the staff more or less misled us into waiting in the wrong place. I know they can't have him being mobbed or anything but this was a small group of devoted fans who were there well after the crowd had cleared out. Then as I went to leave I heard from another girl that Bono actually left in a car via the front of the hotel AND that he stopped and got out of the car to sign autographs and talk to a small group of fans gathered there. I missed him by minutes thanks to those guys!!! :mad:

bearleft said:

She was yelling and on a complete power trip, and all we were doing was standing, then sitting at the tables.

If this is the woman I'm thinking of I had a run-in with her as well...I was hanging out by the doors to the reception area where Bono was doing the meet-and-greet thing...the woman knocked on the door to be let in and at first the security guard behind the door looked like he was going to turn her away. Then he saw who it was and said "Oh, it's you", and she answered, "Yeah, don't worry, I'm not one of those screaming (rolled her eyes) 'I want to meet Bono!' fans." GRRRRR!!!:mad: :madspit: To which I replied "And what exactly is wrong with that?", but she ignored me.

Ok, back to focusing on the positive...awesome speech, awesome speech...

I am submitting my report from the ASAE event tomorrow to Carrie and crew.

It is very complete and will hopefully be enjoyed by all!

I also have a lot of pics (some of them close-ups) from the event as the "no cameras" policy was never enforced and they even allowed me to go down from and sit in front of the stage when they learned that I was covering the event as a "news" item. :wink:

If I knew how to post pics, I would do so for everyone soon.

BONO IS SIMPLY THE BEST....:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

xERINx said:
was anyone with bono?

No, It was just our beloved Bono who spoke. :wink: Are you referring to the speech or some other part of that nite? Your question is a little vague... Can you give some more details and what you are referring to?

I'm so glad everyone had fun :hyper: . I wish I had been able to hold my money and go, because I only live about 30 miles from DC, and I would have loved to have met you, Jamila!

U2Fanatic4ever said:

No, It was just our beloved Bono who spoke. :wink: Are you referring to the speech or some other part of that nite? Your question is a little vague... Can you give some more details and what you are referring to?

oh sorry.. i mean like did any family, friends or security go with him?

xERINx said:

sorry I dont know the answer to this question since I MISSED HIM LEAVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :madwife:

>>>*Shoots self in head*:faint:
1.gif

You said we were not to discuss this anymore!!!

Phooey!!!

U2Fanatic4ever said:

Thank you u2democrat! :hug: That was something that I needed to hear. :wink: Was feeling alone there for a bit...

*hands gun to u2democrat to get rid of*

No guns.........................

We were unlucky but had fun.

Wah!

Oh well let's go Monterrey!

Last edited:
skjuls said:
You said we were not to discuss this anymore!!!

Phooey!!!

No guns.........................

We were unlucky but had fun.

Wah!

Oh well let's go Monterrey!

But I am not going to Monterrey!!!!!!!!!!WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:sad: :sad: :sad:

Hey Jules:wave: Did you have fun!! Was Bono looking fine...of course, he was...Did you see Jamila and Kimla there?:hyper:

DO TELL

Carmelu2fan said:
Hey Jules:wave: Did you have fun!! Was Bono looking fine...of course, he was...Did you see Jamila and Kimla there?:hyper:

DO TELL

Yep Kimla hung out with us! It was such a blast! So much fun! And kimla stayed at my house...:wink:

Bono was drop dead gorgeous as usual!:drool:

U2Fanatic4ever said:

Thank you u2democrat! :hug: That was something that I needed to hear. :wink: Was feeling alone there for a bit...

*hands gun to u2democrat to get rid of*

I need a hug too :reject:

xERINx said:

I was outside when Bono came out and I'm sure the person accompanying him was his personal assistant Catriona.

That was the only person that any one of us would recognize that was with him (at least that we could see).

Hope that answers your question. :wink:

pattip2000 said:

I need a hug too :reject:

I feel your pain guys. I was soooo not happy when I heard I missed Bono by minutes!!! :banghead: Those security people are so not on my Christmas card list this year!

Just curious, since I heard he did stop to talk to fans on the way out and I know there was that reception with the ASA (or whatever it was??) people...no stories anywhere about someone who did meet him? At least so we can get a little vicarious thrill?

Back
Top Bottom