WOOHOO!!! I am gonna see Bono!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mrs. Edge said:
Hi girls,

:wave:

Even though I live not too far from DC, and I would love to see it, I couldn't afford a ticket. I am thinking about a little pre-show hanging out at the hotel though, and maybe saying hi to a few of you....what do you think? I haven't a clue what time to show up though. The weather will have a lot to do with it I suppose....

Hey Mrs. Edge!:wave:

Come on down! I am gonna park at the hotel and pay the enormous parking fee which will be worth it. I know I am probably gonna get down there early afternoon..not sure when. At least that's the plan for now...

I know skjuls and u2forlife will be there later in the afternoon nearing around 3-4pm.

If you want to meet up PM me and let me know.. we can exchange phone numbers..

or email me: Liams_mom@yahoo.com

Lila64 said:
can you bring a camera in? :sexywink:

I called and specifically asked that question they claimed that Bono specifically requested no cameras, I have a hard time believing that because it doesn’t say no cameras anywhere on what they sent us.

yeah..i dont think Bono would specifically ask for no cameras...and if he did it would of been printed somewhere...on the ticket or info sent with the tickets...
:hmm:

U2Fanatic4ever said:
yeah..i dont think Bono would specifically ask for no cameras...and if he did it would of been printed somewhere...on the ticket or info sent with the tickets...
:hmm:

Also, I know I don’t actually know the guy, but does it really sound like Bono to say no cameras?

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sad:

Weather forecast for friday: Friday
54°F (12°C) | 40°F (4°C) with Showers...

I don't want it to rain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! booooooooooooooo

pattip2000 said:

Also, I know I don’t actually know the guy, but does it really sound like Bono to say no cameras?

Were cameras allowed for the Philly event last year???

I will bring my camera anyway but will not take pictures during the event.

I have enough pictures of Bono from his DATA talk in Louisville.

But hopefully my camera will used to take pictures of him later on.

skjuls said:

I will bring my camera anyway but will not take pictures during the event.

I have enough pictures of Bono from his DATA talk in Louisville.

But hopefully my camera will used to take pictures of him later on.

That's my plan too :up:

skjuls said:

Cameras were not allowed for the Philly speech last year. I don't recall them searching, but at the venue in Philly you would at stuck out like a sore thumb if you would have attempted to take a picture.

Last edited:
wait wait wait....skjuls, YOU WERE AT LOUISVILLE?!?!? I have been looking for YEARS (well, since then) for someone else that was there and took pics (better than ours...this was long before I had a digicam). Would you be willing to share privately? I mean, if they're not digital I'll even pay for reprints.

Hi Kimla! I'm really looking forward to seeing you again too! :hyper: Hopefully the rain won't be too heavy. :yuck:

I'm going to be showing up to meet OliveU2cm at around 2:30 or 3. I'll probably head out once you've all gone in for the talk. :)

U2Fanatic4ever said:
Woohooooooooo! 2 days to go...!!!:drool: :wink: :drool: I am so so excited!!! :hyper:

:hyper: Same here!

Sad thing is I started a new job in July (actually that's good), but since then I've used up all of my leave going to various U2 events. My boss rolled her eyes when she found out why I needed to be off Friday. And yay for another long train ride. Worth it though.

Has anyone ever met Bono at one of these speeches?

:bump: :bump:

1 DAY TO GO PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2.gif

Can I get anymore excited after seeing Bono speak this morning at the National Prayer Breakfast! I can hardly contain myself! I am going to be frantic freak all day today..
8.gif
:crazy: God help me if I even get any sleep tonite either.:huh:

U2Fanatic4ever said:
:bump: :bump:

1 DAY TO GO PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2.gif

Can I get anymore excited after seeing Bono speak this morning at the National Prayer Breakfast! I can hardly contain myself! I am going to be frantic freak all day today..
8.gif
:crazy: God help me if I even get any sleep tonite either.:huh:

You sound like me :lol: :dancing:

U2Fanatic4ever said:
We are a bunch of nutcases aren't we? :lmao: God help any other people around us today! :huh:

I’m going to do my best to be normal today. I feel for the people around me as well. I am planning a spring break trip with a friend who is still in school and she requested that we maximize the time between me hearing Bono and our trip! (I’m guess she doesn’t want the play by play of the entire day, some friend right? I guess I’ll just have to share that with my fellow plebans)

U2Fanatic4ever said:
We are a bunch of nutcases aren't we? :lmao: God help any other people around us today! :huh:

As difficult as it is, I'm keeping my composure while at my job. My coworkers already threatened intervention if I told them I was attending another U2 concert, I can't imagine what they'll do in this instance.

:giggle:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
wait wait wait....skjuls, YOU WERE AT LOUISVILLE?!?!? I have been looking for YEARS (well, since then) for someone else that was there and took pics (better than ours...this was long before I had a digicam). Would you be willing to share privately? I mean, if they're not digital I'll even pay for reprints.

Yes, I was at louisville, my avatar comes from that event!

hehe!

I do have some great pix but sadly I don't know where the negatives are.

Damn, why weren't digital cameras big back then.

These pix are in Kentucky and I won't be back there until Feb 23 so.........................you will have to wait in anticipation.

I can scan the pix so you can see them and then I can try and find the negatives. I also have some video of that nite. Front row center during American Prayer..............

Hi! I'm going to be at the speech tomorrow night too! I can't wait. I'm walking over to pickup my ticket in a few minutes. Bono looks so good in the pictures from the prayer breakfast this morning. I hope my dear husband comes home early from work so I can leave the kids with him and head downtown!

Are ya'll meeting somewhere for dinner or just after the show? I would love to say hi and emerge from lurker status!:wave:

Back
Top Bottom