Wish me good luck ladies - I'm going out to find... A tile!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Merc

Rock n' Roll Doggie
On a long train-ride home a week ago I'm bored and find a train-magazine to read, just to kill time...

The main article in the magazine is about a danish chef who worked in several fancy restaurants. When I read trough the article I suddenly see this pic:

BonoogBoserup.jpg

...and read the text and realises " :ohmy: It's actually Bono to the right!"

I knew that U2 had dinner at his restaurant in '97 when they were here with the Popmart-tour, but never knew that they wrote on the tiles infront of the place! :shocked:

This chef doesn't own the restaurant anymore, and everytime I go by, it looks very deserted so I doubt that there is anything there at all...

I live about a 15-min. bike ride from this place, so sometime very soon I'll go there and take pics of the tiles and post them here! :yes:

The hunt of the U2-tiles - to be continued... :D

MrsSpringsteen said:
So that's Bono w/ the drill?

:yes: ... and the chef with the candles...

MrsSpringsteen said:
Hmm, Bono w/ power tools :uhoh: :wink:

:lol:

Thanks for the good luck! :D I think I'm going there on friday morning since I have some buissness to do in the other end of town, and I can make a stop there on my way to see if I can actually find the tile and maybe take a pic - don't hope someone even more fanatic then myself have stolen it! :ohmy:

MrsSpringsteen said:
Hmm, Bono w/ power tools :uhoh: :wink:

Considering what we were saying about Bono with chopsticks, this could be quite, er ... let's not go there!

greety said:
btw how did your exams go?

Well, haven't got the result from the last one yet, but... :tsk: ...lets just say I'm lucky that I don't have to take them again. I knew they were pretty difficult, but I felt like I did better than the grade shows... But in the end I'm not sure how important high grades are - If you work with something that really interests you and you really feel strongly for it... I see no use for a grade :shrug: - It's just a number (or a letter) and it doesn't say anything at all about you as a person...

MissMaCo said:
and, isn't it Fabien Barthez on the left ? !

I'm sorry to dissapoint you fans of the French football-team, but the guy on the left isn't your goal-keeper - It's the chef from the restaurant! :D

He could look a little like Barthez though... Which btw actually is quite good looking! :flirt:

Well Merc, in the end the grades don't really matter, it's more important if you pass or not.
It might matter in getting a better job, but even that is not for sure.
So well done, congrats:applaud:
I hope the last one is ok too!:up:

greety said:
Well Merc, in the end the grades don't really matter, it's more important if you pass or not.
It might matter in getting a better job, but even that is not for sure.

:yes: My words exactly!

greety said:
So well done, congrats:applaud:
I hope the last one is ok too!:up:

Thanks alot - I really appriciate your concern! :hug:

greety said:
:hug: You're welcome.
I missed you here. But I believe you went on vacation right?
Good to have you back!! :hyper:

Yeah, I went away the day after my last exam - to the west of the country to the national YMCA-camp for a week. And when I returned from there I went to Norway the next day - also for a week... It was great - I've missed Norway so much since last time. It's like "home away from home" or a second home-country to me :)

I'm really glad to be back! :D

greety said:
How many years of school do you have ahead? Or are you finished now?

I've got two more years - then I'm Cand.Pharm. ( = M.Sc.Pharm.) :D

But I plan to stay at the university a little longer to become Ph.d.Pharm and after that maybe go to another university to become M.I.H. ( = Master of International Health)... So, I guess I have many more years in schools ahead of me... :wink:

That's great Merc, if you like to study anyway. I admire your will. I had my gut full when graduated from secundary school!
But if like what you do and you have the support (parents?) you need, why not.

Good luck:up:

TILE UPDATE:

I went to the restaurant today!

I was there about 8:45am... I first passed it very slowly on my bike to see if anyone was there, but as I couldn't see anyone inside or outside, I turned the bike around and went back...

The terrace infront of the restaurant is covered with tiles in different colours and shapes. I didn't want to seem too suspicious :shifty: so I kept the pic from the magazine in my bag and started walking around the terrace looking for the "Bono-tile" - but I couldn't find anything written on any tile that looked just a little bit similar to the things I'd seen on the pic, just a black tile with a big heart!

Since I had to be at uni I couldn't stay there any longer, so :confused: and :grumpy: I left the restaurant, wondering where the tile could be... and desided that I had to return to the restaurant on my way back home...

So, on my way back home I drove past the restaurant again. This time a parking-guard was standing at the entrance to the restaurant-terrace, looking very interested at a car, and I was like " Go away - I don't want anyone to see what I doing! :shifty: " But he left and this time I took out the picture, so I could try and locate the tile from the combination of tiles I could see in the magazine... But, unfortunately, I didn't help :sigh: I searched, but couldn't find it :crazy:

But I'm not giving up! It has to be there - a tile of that size couldn't have been removed or simply disappear, I'm sure of that! I'm considering dragging my mom with me next time I go there - she's got the best eyes and can find almost anything...

The hunt for the "Bono-tile" continues... :lol:

greety said:
That's great Merc, if you like to study anyway. I admire your will. I had my gut full when graduated from secundary school!
But if like what you do and you have the support (parents?) you need, why not.

Good luck

As I wrote above I went to uni today (in the middle of my summer holidays :coocoo: I know! lol), to talk with a professor about writing my masters with her as my counsellor, even though there 1? years 'till I shall start writing it... but it was a very insipering meeting, were we talked about alot of ideas and this I could write about, but one thing is sure... It's going to be about pharmaceuticals in developing countries. Right now, I cant wait to get started...
As far as support from my parents - they've always been there for me and supported my choise of education. My mom may not be too happy about the fact that I most likely will be going to Africa (or Asia or Eastern Europe), but I guess mothers are supposed to be that way :lol: And sometimes my dad doesn't quite understand why I'm so drawn to slowing AIDS-problems, but lately it seems like I've convinced him that 6500 African people dying every day just isn't acceptable - especially not for a person like me, with an education and knowledge that can actually make a difference...
Sorry, I'm :blahblah: - sometimes I can't stop when I first get started! LOL

... And thanks for wishing me good luck! *hugs*

Back
Top Bottom