Window In The Skies Video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Filling in some blanks

Anji said:

After Bjork is Dionne Warwick, Is the Lou Reed (Before Frank Sinatra) Not Marc Bolan? Zappa?? Before Keith Moon is actually Mick Jagger.

True! But it sure is nice to look at :drool:

Long time reader, 1st time post-er.

Some of the missing singers, starting from the beginning of Soda's list from zootopia:
Between Bjork and Bob Marley is Ella Fitzgerald.
Between Iggy Pop and Mary J Blige it sure looks like Paul McCartney to me, but not 100% sure.
Between Beck and Elton John, is it Fergie of the Black-Eyed Peas?
At 1:55 I thought perhaps John Mayer.
At 2:21 I could swear George Harrison, but not familiar with the wrinkle-free Keith Richards!
Between Ray Charles and the Clash, might be Donny Hathaway?
At 2:44 looks like Smokey Robinson.
2:51 classical pianist is Vladimir Horowitz.
Dancing feet after Ronnie Spector--Elvis (blue suede shoes?).
At 3:10, could either be Iggy Pop or Prince? (very wild guess).

Ohhhhh wow. That second one really makes ya smile :) Just something about it makes you feel special to be a U2 fan. It's so nostalgic, and great for the fans that have been with them from the beginning. Recognising a lot of pictures made me :cute: and remember a lot of caption threads :D and finding the pictures for the first time. Bloody brilliant. End of story! :)

-Nikki

The second vid: I wanna live in THAT world! :wink:

And some randomness from the Guster website, which had me wondering just exactly how much video footage was sifted through to make the WITS video! It makes my brain hurt.

"BONO WATCHES "GUSTER ON ICE" CONSTANTLY

In somewhat bizarre Guster news, there are two crowd shots from our Live in Portland Maine DVD concert in the new U2 video. See if you can pick them out."

redhotswami said:

well at least we have something in common!

:love: Are you a Guster fan, redhotswami? Curious...it's hard to find fans of Guster around!

at least it's IN the charts in the UK...

it's not yet here, the single wasn't available last week, I went yesterday, found the 1st version in one store, the dvd version in a special store.. :happy: and ofcourse the 2nd one, the one GG wants, is nowhere to be found...
I ordered it tho

Bono Mot said:
The second vid: I wanna live in THAT world! :wink:

SaME HERE! i WAS so deeply moved when i saw 1st version, and it was nothing compared to 2nd version. It was like the whole my youth was there with their youth, i feel so deeply that early period. (and it was my favourite since my early 20s). I completely understand when you say:i wanna live in THAT world. early 80s, and u2, and Dublin .....:happy: :heart:
Cant stop try get back there!

Bono Mot said:

:love: Are you a Guster fan, redhotswami? Curious...it's hard to find fans of Guster around!

Oops! I didn't see this until now. Sorry!!! Yes, I :love: Guster. I've seen them twice, and they are amazing live.

Chizip is also a fan too. He was the first to point out the Guster on Ice scenes in EYKIW.

I'm glad to find another fan! :hug:

would someone be nice enough to upload the first video... (perferably in IPOD format...but normal is fine too)

:bump: Hi sorry if I missed this elsewhere... but I just saw the newly edited version of the first WITS video, which is now heavy on the Beatles clips, and wondered if anyone had that? (I don't think it's commercially released video is it? if it is.. sorry :reject: )

Back
Top Bottom