Window In The Skies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:wave:

Chapter Thirty Three

"Adge can you hear me?"

"Shep!"

"I'll take that as a yes."

"It's shes." Adge mumbled as I awkwardly lifted her out of the back of Adam's van with Bono's help.

"I've never seen her like this." I whispered, feeling a burst of anger towards Bono.

Adge's head fell to the side and she glared blearily at me. "I'm not so think as you drunk I am!" She slurred.

"Right." I said dryly and Bono stifled a laugh. "I'm glad you find this so funny Bono." He looked properly chastised. At least as much as a guy can after he's just been snogged within an inch of his life.

The street lights were out at this time of night and I pulled Adge out into pitch black. I cursed and glanced over my shoulder. My parents were probably passed out by now and how in the hell was I supposed to get Adge upstairs by myself and be quiet on top of it all!?

"I'll carry her upstairs for you." Adam volunteered, popping up at my side.

"Thanks." I turned and kicked the curb on accident. "Ouch! Crap, I can't bloody see anything."

"I have a lighter in my pocket." Adam grunted as he took Adge into his arms. Her head flopped onto his shoulder and she looked up at him through heavy lidded eyes.

"Adsham? Why are shoo holding me?"

"I'm taking you to bed love." While Adam tried to get a hold of her and be comfortable I reached around to his back pocket and dug around. "Not that I don't like this fondling you're giving me Amber... but the lighter is in my front pocket." The laughter in Adam's voice was apparent. I blushed in the darkness.

"Oh God you should have said that. Sorry." I got the lighter out of the front pocket and flicked it on. A small circle of light illuminated us. I raised the lighter to Adge. She squinted.

"What shoo doin? Why is Adsham takin me to bed?...I don't want Adsham...I'm conshused..."

"Uh..did you catch any of that?" Adam asked, grinning down at me. The lighter flickered against his glasses as I raised the it higher.

"Yeah. She wants to know what we're doing. Why you're taking her to bed and she's confused."

"I'll take your word for it. Should we try explaining anything?"

"Not now. Lets get her inside first." I took the lead up the driveway, holding the lighter out as our only source of light.

"Isn't there anything else I can do?" Bono's whisper reached us across the yard.

"Yes. You can stay there and keep the engine running." Adam grunted back behind him and adjusted Adge again.

The whole time it took to open the door and get up the stairs felt like an eternity but literally was only a few minutes. I prayed that no one would wake up and hear us. Wouldn't this be a fun one to explain. I thought with a snort.

We made it safely to my bedroom and I breathed a little more easily.

"Lay her down here." I pulled back the covers on my spare bed and Adam gently laid Adge down. She snorted softly and rolled over her side. She curled into a ball and snuggled into the blankets.

I smiled. "I guess she's comfortable as she's going to get."

"Guess so." Adam shoved his hands into his pockets and smiled down at Adge. I impulsively hugged him.

"Thanks for all your help."

His arms wrapped around me. "It was my pleasure.
Only..maybe next time you could try not to bite me."

I grinned, shamefacedly. "Sorry. I was a little hysterical."

"A little?" He snorted. "You screamed so loud I'm not sure I'll ever get my hearing back." His voice filled with amusement. "I never knew you could get that loud."

"All right." I laughed. "I get it. Sorry again." I walked him back to the front door and we kissed briefly.

"Are you going to be okay?" Adam asked, looking concerned.

"We'll be fine. Adge will be passed out till morning and then..I don't know what we'll be doing." I worried my bottom lip. Adam reached up and smoothed my lip out with his thumb.

"If you need anything call me. I'm staying with my Aunt tonight."

"I will. Don't worry."

"I always worry about you." He sighed. "I'll call in the morning." One more peck on the cheek and Adam slipped out into the darkness with his trusty lighter. I watched him until the low rumble of the van signaled him driving off.

I closed the door with a sigh. I headed up to my room and quickly got ready for bed. It was already 11:30. More sleep I got, the better. I just knew that the morning was going to bring a whole mess of trouble.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up early, thinking I had to get ready for school. I pushed the covers off with a groan and sat up. Another day. I gave a jaw cracking yawn and turned blurry eyes onto my bedside clock. It was knocked onto it's side and I couldn't read it. I cursed and reached out to turn it right. 7:30. Ugh way too early.

I got out of bed and padded my way to pick out an outfit for the day. I'd just settled on a stylishly ripped up pair of jeans and my favorite bright red shirt when I heard the oddest sound.
Almost like a gurgle but kind of like a snort too. I turned, frowning and wondering what the hell that was. I saw Adge in my spare bed and my mouth gaped momentarily.

"Oh my God!" I gasped. Last night came back in a flash and I flung my clothes onto the floor and rushed to Adge's side. "Adge. Wake up!" She didn't budge. Good thing we don't have school today. I thought in amusement. I'd so be on her bad side if I woke her up right now.

I left Adge to sleep and got in a quick shower. I snuck downstairs. The familiar sounds of Mum fixing breakfast were absent and I felt it safe to make Adge and I a quick breakfast. I threw together some coffee and toast. I rummaged in the refrigerator and came out with a bottle of orange juice. I grabbed some muffins, piled everything on a tray and headed upstairs.

I kicked open my door, having my hands full and I heard a small moan from inside the cocoon of covers on Adge's bed. I set the tray down on my desk and checked on her. Her eyes flickered in sleep and she tossed her head back and forth. She mumbled something and I leaned in.

"Edge...Mmm...YES!" My eyes widened. She couldn't be dreaming what I thought she was! Well I have to find out! Shamelessly I kept listening.

Adge moaned again and thrashed a bit. "Hmm..Oh Bono...Ooooh...God YES!"

My eyes went round as saucers and I jerked away as if stung. She'd cried out for Edge and Bono!? Well, she certainly has an eventful dream life. Almost as eventful as her real life. Adge kept mumbling and I started to feel bad for listening. This was her business not mine.

I reached out and shook her. "Adge. Wake up!" She groaned. "Adge!!!" I shook her hard and she jerked awake.

"Edge!" She sat up, her hair a wild jumble framing her face. She turned a wild look onto me.

"Sorry. Not even close." I smiled.

She stared at me as the sleep cleared from her mind. "Am I dying?" She groaned out and flopped back.

I winced sympathetically. "Nope. It's a nasty hangover you have. I've got coffee and food to help."

"Oh God thanks." She sat up and took the steaming mug I offered her gingerly. She sipped and closed her eyes in bliss as she moaned.

The moan reminded me of what she'd just been calling out in her sleep. I grinned as I joined her on the bed with a cup of my own.

"What are you so jolly about this early?" Adge grouched at me.

"Nothing..just..you were talking in your sleep."

"Really?" Adge sipped her coffee and looked at me curiously. "That's weird. What was I saying?"

I tried to keep a straight face. "Oh just something about..'Edge...hmm...YES!' Ooooh..Bono...God!"

She turned red and grinned. "Oh my God! I wasn't really doing that was I!?"

"yeah you were."

"Strange." She looked thoughtful. "Now that you mention Bono, I was having the strangest dream about him. I was making out with him! How weird. That would never happen." She laughed and shook her head. My heart sank. She didn't remember last night..and I would have to tell her. I dreaded it.

"Ahh Adge I think there's something you should know." I knew I sounded grave, but I couldn't help it.

Adge picked up on my mood right away. "Who's dead?" She jokingly asked but I could see the seriousness in her eyes.

I tried to smile. "No one. But..how much do you remember about last night?"

"Last night?" Her face scrunched in concentration. "I remember going to Edge's house. I took care of him for a while cause he's sick."

"That's all you remember?" I asked, astonished.

"No." she laughed. "Then you and Adam came over and then Bono. We all went to the carnival except Edge. Bono kept trying to win me a prize. He was so cute." She trailed off frowning. "It's a little hazy after that."

"You started drinking ale."

"I remember that." She nodded.

"Then we went into the funhouse." I started hesitantly.

Adge shook her head. "You and Adam did but Bono wanted to go on some other ride...the Ferris wheel! yeah Bono...." She went pale as a bleached sheet and her eyes flew to mine. "I didn't." She croaked. "Please tell me I didn't."

"You didn't what?" I asked, desperately hoping she was thinking of something else.

"Please tell me I didn't make out with Bono on the Ferris wheel!"

"I wish I could." I said grimly.

Adge stared across the room blankly. "I made out with Bono."

"Yeah but you were drunk! It's not your fault. Bono took advantage of you." I leaned forward and tried to reason. "People do stupid things when they're drunk. You were under the influence of alcohol!"

"But I still did it." She stayed utterly calm until she turned to me and whispered, " Oh my God. What am I going to tell Edge?" She burst into tears and I cried out and held her.

"Shh. It'll be okay. You'll see."

"H-how will it b-be okay? I-I made out with B-Bono! Edge will n-never forgive me! What will I even s-say to him!" She gasped, sobbing so hard she could barely talk.

I cried too, not knowing what to say to help and feeling utterly useless. "Maybe you wont have to tell Edge."

"I have to! I can't keep this f-from him!"

"I guess not. And he knows you so well that he's bound to know something is wrong."

"E-exactly!"

We held each other and cried until Adge eventually calmed down a little. She blew her nose and wiped her eyes.

"I have to tell him."

I nodded as I wiped at my eyes. "yeah. When though?"

"Now."

"What?!" I panicked, thinking about Edge wanting to propose. "You can't! Not when you're this upset!"

"Why not? The longer I keep it from him the angrier he'll be when I tell him." The idea of Edge mad made me scared as hell.

"Feck Adge. This isn't going to be pretty."

"Ya think?" She snorted sarcastically and got out of bed with a sigh.

"Where are you going?"

"To call Edge."

"NOW!?" I scrambled off the bed and followed her out of my room.

"That's what I just got done saying isn't it?"

"yeah..but..now!?"

"Yes." She stopped next to the phone in the hallway and we both stared at it.

"Don't do it Adge." I whispered fearfully.

"I have to." She reached out and the moment her fingers touched it, it rang. Adge and I both jumped a foot in the air and screamed.

"God!" I cried, gripping my chest. "I swear I'm surprised I'm still alive with all the excitement around here." The phone rang again and I picked it up.

"Hello?"

"Good Morning." I sighed in relief and looked up at Adge.

"It's only Adam."

"Well I love you too." Adam said dryly.

"Oh! I didn't mean that. We thought you might be someone else."

"Hmm. How is everything?"

"uh..well Adge woke up not long ago..and..she remembered everything with Bono. She was about to call Edge when you called."

"She needs to call Edge? Fuck..she's going to tell him."

"Yeah. I tried to talk her out of it." Adge made a face at me and I smiled. "She wont listen to me though."

"It might be good for them. Clear the air so to speak...like with us."

My eyes widened. "Yeah..that's true. If Edge can forgive her. And Bono! God, how is he going to forgive Bono!"

"Don't ask me. Edge still hasn't forgiven me for taking his toy guitar when he was four."

I laughed in surprise. "What?!?"

"I was bored so I took his guitar one day and accidentally broke it." He sighed. "I tried giving him my miniature bass but he said it just wasn't the same."

"You're making this up!"

"Every word. I needed to hear you laugh. Call me if you need me. You've got my Aunt's number." He hung up. I rolled my eyes.

"Why is it that guys never know how to properly end a phone conversation?"

Adge shrugged and took the phone from he. "I don't know but Edge is the same way." She started dialing in Edge's number. My stomach felt like a volcano of anxiety.

Adge finished dialing and held the phone to her ear. I made to walk away and give her a little privacy but she waved me back. I sighed. Dangit I thought I might be spared this.

"Hello may I speak to Dave please? This is Adrienne."

I tensed. Waiting. Adge sighed and brushed her hair back. Suddenly she straightened and smiled. "Edge? Hi. How are you feeling?"

I groaned. God I'd completely forgotten that Edge was sick! Somehow that made what Bono did all the worse.

"That's great news. I'm glad you're feeling better...listen Edge do you think you could come over to Amber's house? Yeah that's where I am..Because I need to talk to you....It's important." Adge started crying. "Could you just come over? Okay..I l-love you too. See you in a while." She hung up with a sob. "Christ. I don't know if I can do this."

"Yes you can. I'll be here with you if you need me." I moved to rub her back.

"Thanks that helps. Edge is on his way. He should be here soon. I better go try to fix myself up."

Adge disappeared into the loo and I went downstairs. I found Mum and Dad in the kitchen eating breakfast and I told them about Adge staying the night. They didn't care much. She'd been over so much lately that she was like a second daughter to them.

I poured a cup of coffee and almost spilled it all over myself when a knock sounded at the door. Crap that was fast!

"I'll get it!!" I ran all the way and opened the door.

Edge stood there with his hands in the pockets of his clean pair of blue jeans. He had on a neat brown shirt that I'd never seen before. He looks hot. I thought and wanted to die when I blushed. Feck.

"Edge..Hi..you're here."

He nodded and ran a hand over the back oh his neck. A trait that I noticed he did when he was nervous or worried. His face looked haggard as he stared at me. Well don't just stand there gaping! Let him in!

"Come in!" I said, trying to deflect attention away from my blushing. "Adge is upstairs."

Edge paused and stared at me in surprise. "Adge?"

"Oh yeah!" I smiled. "She decided she likes that better."

Edge smiled, pleased. Although it was a pretty pathetic effort. I didn't blame him. I knew he was probably crazy with worry.

I ushered him upstairs before my Mum could get her claws into him. The door to the loo was still closed and I assumed Adge was still in there. I busied myself making the beds and Edge walked to the window and looked out.

I felt so awkward. What do you say in this situation? Talk about the weather?! It was almost like Adge was planning to break up with Edge and I was trying not to look at him too much in case he saw the pity in my eyes. Of course that was true with this situation too. Just when the silence was getting deafening Adge walked out of the loo.

I fluffed the last pilled as Edge walked to her, his face a picture of distress. "Adrienne" He took her hands, looked into her eyes and she burst into tears. I winced and my own tears started again. I tried to make my way for the door to leave them alone.

Edge took Adge into his arms, looking confused and worried. Adge started mumbling incoherently against him chest.

He pushed her back gently and wiped her tears away with the pads of his fingers.

"Tell me, what is it love. What's happened?"

Adge looked Edge in the eyes. His worried, sweet, innocent, wise and beautiful eyes. I wanted to look away but I couldn't. I knew it was coming.

"I kissed Bono."

My heart stopped. Adge was looking at Edge with wide watery eyes. Five seconds passed in tense silence. Then ten. I saw her tighten her hold on Edge's hands as if she was afraid he'd pull away.

"You...what?" Edge's small hurt voice sent Adge into tears again.

"I kissed Bono. Or maybe he kissed me. Either way I didn't mean too. I was drunk and..I know that's not an excuse, but I wasn't myself. I would never ever do that if I was at all sober. I love you too much Edge. You mean everything to me." Adge talked fast, desperate to make Edge forgive her. "I'm so sorry."

He was quiet, so quiet I started to wonder if he'd heard anything she'd said.

"Edge..please..say something." She pleaded.

He swallowed and seemed to be struggling with himself. Was he angry? I inched closer to the door.

"I'm not sure what to say. I'm hurt by this Adrienne." I flinched along with Adge. God. Ouch.

"The last thing I ever want to do is hurt you. I'm so sorry." Tears streamed down her face.

"I know." he whispered and took Adge into his arms. She clung to him. I let my breath out in relief. At least he didn't yell.

They stayed close together and I got the feeling that I wasn't needed. I slipped out. I went and called Adam. I needed to talk to him.

"Hello?"

I spilled my guts. "I love you. So much. God. I can't live without you."

"Em..I think you're wanting to speak to Adam?"

I blushed. FECK. "Uh yeah. Who is this?"

"Glen. I'm a second cousin of Adam's. You must be Amber. Adam talks about you all the time."

"Really. Nothing bad I hope." I smiled.

He chuckled, sounding a lot like Adam. "No it's only the best stories he tells us about you."

"Oh good. Um..is he there?"

"One second."

I sighed and slapped my forehead. I'd just told Adam's cousin that I loved him. What an idiot.

"Hello love." Adam's relaxed drawl filled my ear and I smiled

"Hi. This is Adam this time right?"

"Yes." He sounded amused. "Why?"

"Because I thought you're cousin was you when he picked up and I told him I love him and can't live without him. God."

Adam laughed. "I'm sure he's flattered, but he's married. Sorry but you'll have to settle for yours truly."

"I guess." I sighed. "Or there's always Larry." Adam growled a warning. "I'm kidding! Larry and I don't even get along that well I don't know why you get so jealous of him. Anyway I called to say I love you. Oh and Edge is here and Adge told him."

"Bloody hell. How'd he take it?"

"Better then I thought." A loud shout interrupted me and I gasped. "Or maybe not! I think I hear Edge shouting now!"

"Fuck. Do you need me to come over?"

"I don't know. I don't think so. I'm staying right here. I don't want to see Edge mad. I'll never be the same."

"it's not that bad." Adam snorted. "Why are you so scared of seeing him mad?"

"I don't know it just scares the hell out of me." The yelling had stopped. "I better go and see if Adge needs me. I'll talk to you later."

I hung up and turned just as Edge came around the corner. I felt the color drain from my face. Adge was right behind him and I saw they were holding hands. Edge's eyes looked a little puffy like he might have been crying and my heart lurched. If I ever saw Edge cry I'd simply shiver up and die.

"Are you leaving Edge?" I asked when I found my voice.

"Yeah." He looked beat. "I have some plans to make." He sounded a bit better then he had in my room but there was something else. Almost like there was a bit of resentment in his eyes.

Edge kissed Adge on the forehead at the door and she gave him a watery smile. He left and Adge closed the door and slowly slid down it.

"Oh my god. I'm never doing anything stupid ever again. If I even think about it then just lock me away. I never want to see Edge looking like that again."

"What happened? He's not leaving you is he?" I sat next to Adge and she shook her head.

"No. He's not leaving me. Thank God. He said he wants everything to work out."

"Was that him yelling I heard?" I asked hesitantly.

"Yeah. He kind of blew up when I told him it was more like making out then just one kiss."

"Oh my God."

"I know. But he still wants to work through this. We're going to dinner tonight to talk and hopefully resolve things."

I was speechless for a second. "I have to say again that you're so lucky to have Edge. Not every guy would be feeling like he is."

"I know. I kept waiting for him to start screaming but the most he did was yell a little. It was nothing like what I was expecting.

"Wow..what about Bono?"

"He said he doesn't know what he feels towards Bono yet. Resentment maybe."

"So what now? How is it going to be when Edge sees Bono?"

"I guess we'll see tonight at the gig."

"The gig! I totally forgot!" I groaned. "You and Edge are going to dinner before that then."

"Yep. Edge is making all the arrangements." Adge's eyes were red and she still looked a little hung over. I marched her up to my room and put her in bed. She resisted and got out again.

"I can't. My parents are probably freaking as it is. I have to get home."

"Fine." Adge gathered her stuff and I walked her out. "You don't think Bono will bother you do you?" I asked.

"Probably but right now I don't care. I'll deal with that later. Edge is more important now." Adge squinted and groaned when the sunlight hit her.

"Of course. If you need me just call." I offered.

"Thanks. I might do that later. You can help me pick out what to wear tonight."

"Sounds good." I waved as Adge made her way down the street. Damn what a day so far. I checked my watch and groaned. It was only 9:00. The day had barely begun and everything was just getting started.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The rest of the morning I tried not to worry too much about Adge and Edge but it was basically impossible. I have a habit of cleaning when I'm nervous so I cleaned my room from top to bottom and then, like a maniac, moved on to the downstairs. By noon the whole house was spotless and I was still anxious. I ended up in the kitchen with a cup of hot tea to try to sooth my nerves.

Mum joined me after a while. "Are you quite alright Amber?"
"Fine." I answered in a monotone.

"It doesn't sound like it...are you having troubles with Adam?"

"No Mum. Adam and I are fine."

"Oh." If I didn't know better I would say that she sounded disappointed. I turned to her.

"Is there something you want to say about Adam?"

She sipped at her tea and sighed. "Of course not. I only worry about you. You have so many boys as friends..it doesn't seem natural."

"What the hell..oh Mum really I can curse now I'm seventeen I think I'm old enough..why are you bringing this up now?"

"I've been thinking a lot about you and I want you to know something." She reached across, took my hand and spoke earnestly. "There are other men out there. You don't have to settle for one. Just because he may be attractive and he may flatter you with words, that is no reason to be with him forever."

"Mum! Why are you doing this? I'm so young..what makes you think I'm even going to be with Adam forever?"

"Well, now that's better. You need to look around and see what else is out there."

I pulled me hand away and ran all ten fingers through my hair, leaving it a tangled mess. "I don't need this. I really don't."

"Amber..have you ever seen any of these other boys besides Adam?"

"You mean like a date?" She nodded. I thought back to the time I'd practically made out with Edge as a joke. God that seemed so long ago. Then there was all the close calls with Bono but those didn't really count. At least nothing has ever happened with Larry. And I didn't even want to think about Guggi. Feck.

"No Mum. Adam is the only one." I lied through my teeth. I wasn't very surprised when Mum looked disappointed.

"That's a pity. If you haven't seen any of the others..maybe you're interested in one?"

"Why are you asking that?"

"I'm still hopeful that Dave might catch your fancy. He was such a nice fellow. So sweet."

"Oh my God not that again!" I groaned. "Mum, Dave is Adrienne's boyfriend. I don't want him! That's how it is and that's how it's going to stay."

Mum wasn't beaten yet. "Paul is a charming boy."

I let my head hit the table in defeat. "Fine. If you like Paul so much then why don't you go out with him yourself. He's all yours." Mum giggled and I looked up in surprise.

She grinned, "I only wish I was twenty years younger! I would jump at the chance."

"What!?"I was assaulted by images of Bono and my Mum together and I groaned. "Thanks so much. Now I'll never be able to look at Bono without thinking of this conversation."

Confusion filled her eyes. "Bono?"

"Sorry I meant Paul."

"Oh..well, Amber..do you truly love Adam?"

I didn't hesitate. "Yes. I do. Very much."

"And you really don't have your eye on anyone else?"

"Well, there's always Larry." I grinned and obviously meant it as a joke but Mum pounced on it.

"Larry? Isn't he that young blonde bloke? He's quite attractive. Would you like to have him over for tea?"

I stared at her like she was insane. "Noo I wouldn't like to have him over for tea. Crap. I can't even make a joke around here." I sighed. "Mum are you ever going to be okay with Adam?" She hesitated. "What if Adam asked me to marry him? What is we start a family?"

"A f-family?" She whispered fearfully, her eyes searching my face. "H-have you given yourself to Adam?"

I gaped at her. "I..uh..no. I don't think we're ready." I felt it best to lie. Guilt ascended onto my shoulders but I knew that Mum wouldn't be able to understand if I told her the truth. I thought it was about time to end this conversation.

"I have to go see Adrienne soon. I better go call her." I left, half expecting Mum to call me back. When she didn't I smiled and ran to the phone. I dialed and waited.

"Hello?" Adge's tired voice answered.

"Hi it's me."

"Oh hey."

"How're you doing?"

She sighed. "As well as expected. I have a pounding headache right now...I just got off the phone with Edge. I can tell he's still hurt and it's killing me. I hope tonight works out."

"It will. You and Edge will pull through all this." I decided to ask a question that had been nagging at me all day. "About Bono..has he tried to contact you?"

She snorted. "Yeah. He's called a few times but I keep hanging up on him. I can't deal with him right now."

"Good. He can wait a while. Do you know where Edge is taking you tonight?"

"I'm not sure. All he said was to dress kind of casual but not too casual."

"Right. So It'll take us at least two hours to pick the right thing because what Edge said is probably crap."

"Yep. Can you come over in like forty minutes?"

"Sure see you then."

"K Bye."

~~~~~~~~~~~

I arrived on Adge's doorstep forty minutes later with a basket of blueberry muffins my Mum sent over. I knocked on the door and waited.

A rustling in the bushes by Adge's house made me jump. I turned to investigate and didn't see anything but an empty yard. I figured it was a stray cat or something. I knocked again and taped my foot on the pavement.

The weird rustling noise came again and I whirled around with narrowed eyes.

"Hello?" No answer came and I frowned. What the hell. Maybe the stress of life was getting to me and I was hallucinating. I laughed under my breath. It was probably just Adge's sisters trying to freak me out.

The door opened and I turned back and saw Adge's Dad standing there. Oh feck.

"What do you want?" He scowled.

"Uh..I'm here to see Adrienne..." I said nervously. If he refused to let me in then I'd end up going around back and climb up, and that would be kind of hard with an arm full of muffins.

Adge's dad glared and opened the door. "She's in her room." He barked and left me standing there.

"Whatever." I grumbled and made my way up the stairs.

I found Adge in her room. A record was playing softly in the background and Adge was laying, prone, on her bed with a pillow over her face.

"Need any help with that? Suffocation is my specialty."

She grunted and lifted the pillow off. Her face was red and she smiled weakly at me. "If I ever need help with that I'll know who to call."

"Uh huh." I walked over to Adge's humongous stack of records and started flipping through them. "Got anything new?"

"Yep. Over in the white bag."

I wandered over. "Wow how do you get all of these! I didn't even know these were out yet. So how many do you have now?"

"I don't know. Maybe five hundred at least."

"Holy shit." I laughed. "That's impressive."

"Guess so." She sounded down and I turned to her and leaned against her desk.

"Want to hear something funny?"

"God yes." She sat up and flung the magazine she'd been looking at across the room.

"My Mum wants to invite Larry over to tea. She sees him as one of my possible future husbands."

Adge grinned. "No shit. That's hilarious. Why Larry?"

I rolled my eyes. "It's all my fault. I was just joking around and she took it seriously. At first she wanted it to be Edge." Adge snorted. "Then she wanted Bono. Literally. She said if she was twenty years younger..."

"Oh my God Eww." She pretended to gag. "I didn't need that mental picture."

"Tell me about it. God."

We fell into comfortable silence for a second. I glanced around, taking in the piles of clothes, records, and odds and ends. This was Adge. She somehow had order in chaos.

I went to the closet and rummaged around. "Do you have an idea of what you want to wear tonight? Like jeans and a blouse or maybe a dress?"

"Not a dress. I don't need to be that fancy. We'll be going straight to the gig after dinner so there wont be any time to change."

"hmm..how about that jean skirt and the plum sweater you have? You'd be drop dead gorgeous in that."

She laughed. "Yeah maybe. I'll try it on."

We picked out and Adge tried on several outfits. She picked the patched jean skirt with a deep ruby red top that accentuated her curves perfectly.

"You look great. Wait you need jewelry." She put on an adorable pair of silver guitar shaped earrings that Edge had gotten her. She stood in front of the mirror and checked herself out.

"How do I look? You think I should put my hair up?"

Together we fussed, putting her hair up and taking it down again when it didn't look right. Finally we left it alone. It was up in a silver clip with a few soft strands falling to frame her face prettily.

"Perfect." I grinned.

She looked at herself with a critical eye. "I hope so. I want Edge to see me at my best. He's already seen me at my worst." I saw sadness trying to creep it's way into her eyes.

"And you also saw his worst. At least you're real with each other. Not everyone would have done what you did and admit what they did wrong."

Adge caught my eyes in the mirror. "Would you have?" I was taken aback. I hadn't really thought of that. "What if you were in my situation and you made out with Bono. Would you tell Adam?"

"God. I don't know. Probably. If I didn't the guilt would eat me alive."

"Exactly how I felt. I didn't have a choice."

"Edge doesn't know that Bono loves you right.."

"No and I'm not going to tell him. I think it would ruin their friendship. That can't happen."

"Yeah." I sighed sadly. "That would be so terrible. You know what?" Adge finished applying her lipstick and smacked her lips together before answering.

"What?"

"I think in the long run that this is going to bring you and Edge closer, and make your relationship stronger."

Adge stared off, her eyes going fuzzy as she thought that over. "Yeah..we're already closer because of everything. I just hope that Bono doesn't do anything else stupid."

"Look who you're talking about. You better watch out for him." I warned. "I'll help, but Bono is tricky. He'll do whatever it takes to get you. And not to mention the fact that he's bloody gorgeous. It's not exactly a piece of cake to resist him."

"God." Her cheeks flushed and she raised her hands to them. "What would have happened last night if it went further...I could have...we probably would have..." She covered her face and moaned. "Oh God. I still find Bono desirable even after what he did and I can't help it."

"No one can help it when it comes to Bono. So don't feel bad. Yeah you're Edge's girlfriend, but you're not dead."

She laughed weakly. "That's true." A loud knocking sounded through the house and Adge and I looked at each other in anxious excitement.

"Is that him already?" I asked.

Adge checked the clock and nodded. "Yeah. He wants to go early so we can take a walk first."

We hurried downstairs. Adge took a deep breath and opened the door. Edge stood in the doorway with a bouquet of red roses and a smile.

"These are for you My Love." He held them out and his smile grew when Adge reached out with trembling hands.

She brought them to her face and breathed deeply their fragrance. "Oh Edge. These are beautiful. Thank you." She reached up to kiss him and he wrapped her in his arms and really went for it. I gaped for a second and then blushed when I realized I was watching Edge and Adge practically making out.

I looked away and brushed some invisible dust off my shirt. Eventually they broke apart and I looked back after a short while. I didn't want them to think I was gawking at them the whole time.

Edge pulled Adge up to his side and she snuggled into him with a sigh.

Edge saw me then and smiled. "Hey Red."

I blushed like a virgin. "Hey Edge." Adge noticed and grinned.

"So where are you taking me love?" Adge asked sweetly.

"You'll have to wait and see." He grinned when she pouted at him. "I'll have to drop Larry off first."

"Larry?" I perked up at this. "Where is he?"

"Waiting out in the car." Edge said and looked over his shoulder.

"Where are you dropping him off at?" Adge asked as she waved towards the car.

"His house. He was helping me with..eh..some stuff."

Adge grinned. "He was helping you get ready wasn't he?"

Edge flushed a bit. "Maybe. He made me swear not to tell anyone. His fashion sense is not something that's well known." Adge and I laughed.

Adge and Edge walked hand in hand to the car and Larry got out.

"I think I'll just walk."

"For ten miles?" Edge asked, laughing.

"Feck." Larry scowled.

"I can take you." Oh my God did that come out of my mouth? Great. Larry turned to me.

"That's okay. I can walk." He turned me down stiffly.

"Larry please let me take you. It's not any trouble." I might as well go for it now that I opened my fat mouth. Larry accepted after that and Edge and Adge got into Edge's car. They waved and Adge suck her head out the window.

"See you guys tonight!" They honked at they drove away and I waved. As soon as they were half way down the street a car peeled out from the other direction and zoomed after them. I caught a flash of the driver and my stomach dropped.

"OH MY GOD THAT WAS BONO!!!"

"I saw him." Larry frowned. "What the fuck is that idiot doing now?"

"He's following them! We have to go too! Come on!" I ran as fast as I could to my Mum's car and thanked god that Adge and I lived so close together. I hoped into the car and started it. Larry stayed out in the driveway. "Larry get in!"

"I'm not going on some fecking goose chase!" He folded his arms and shook his head firmly.

I cried out and then my wheels started turning. We didn't have much time. Edge and Adge were driving away, Bono was following them and we needed to hurry. I had no choice but to stoop to blackmail.

"If you don't get into this car right now I'm going to tell everyone about the time I walked in on you at Adam's house in the shower and heard you singing Elvis songs."

Larry glared. "You wouldn't."

"I would."

He cursed loudly and got into the car. I grinned and pulled out of the drive. I went the way Edge and Adge had gone and I could still see Bono's car at the end of the road. I stepped on the gas and hightailed it after them.

"Fucking Hell." Larry cursed and grabbed the safety grip. I laughed and tossed him a grin.

"What's the matter Larry? Don't you like a little excitement?"

"This is more then a little fucking excitement!" He yelled at me.

I turned on the stereo and blared it. "Sorry Lar I can't hear you!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We followed Bono and Edge and Adge for miles. I stayed back far enough so that I hoped Bono couldn't see me. Larry kept quiet but I could practically feel the Larry-ness radiating off of him. After about twenty miles Bono made a sharp left and I cursed and followed. He pulled into a pub parking lot and parked.

I looked around for Edge and Adge and couldn't believe it when I saw them only forty or fifty feet from Bono. They would see him if he wasn't careful. Unless he wanted them to see him! This could be his way of interfering and I couldn't think of a better way. The last person in the world either Edge or Adge wanted to see right now was Bono. And here he is about to waltz up to them and say hello.

I parked at the other end, as far away as I could and shot off the engine. "Here we go Lar. Come on."

He stared at me cooly. "You got me to get into this car but you wont be getting me out of it!"

"Larry we don't have time for this! Edge and Adge's relationship is at stake here! Please help me." I begged him. He wavered and sighed so loudly I was surprised the windows weren't blown out.

"OKAY! I'll go. Lets get this over with."

I slipped out and Larry lumbered out loudly. I cursed and glared at him. He shrugged. I peeked over the top of the car. Bono was out of his car now and doing exactly the same thing we were only he was spying on Edge and Adge. The couple walked into the pub and Bono, after looking around suspiciously, followed them in.

"Come on." I grabbed Larry's sleeve and pulled him along.

"I'm coming. You don't need to jerk me around." He pulled away and rubbed his arm.

"Sorry. I'm just worried. I should've known Bono would do something this idiotic."

"That would make us idiots for following him." Larry pointed out. I ignored that and Larry snorted. He pulled open the pub door for me and I thanked him.

We walked inside. The place looked very stylish, considering the outside was kind of plain. The walls were painted a dark red and all the wood in the place was dark oak and polished to a shine.

Larry whistled. "Edge has good taste."

I turned to him in surprise. "Yeah he does."

Someone came over to us and asked if we'd like to be seated. He smiled at us like we were a couple and Larry and I shared a look. Yes, this was going to be a long LONG night.

Last edited:
:)

Chapter Thirty Four

"What's Bono doing?"

"The same thing he was doing two minutes ago. Staring at Edge and Adge." Larry pulled his jacket up to cover his ears and looked around. "This is fecking stupid."

"Everything is stupid to you Larry..unless it involves drums."

"That's right. Remind me why I'm here again?"

"Because I blackmailed you that's why." I smiled sweetly and Larry scowled.

"Feck."

Larry picked up his menu and raised it to his face. I turned away for a second and when I turned back Larry was completely hidden.

"Larry what are you doing?"

"Hiding. You better do it too if you don't want Bono to see you. He's looking over here."

I gasped and flipped my menu up in record time. "He didn't see us did he?"

"It didn't look like it."

Larry sighed heavily. "How much longer do we have to do this? I feel like a dumb ass."

I knew how Larry was feeling because I was experiencing the same thing. I hadn't exactly planned to spend the evening like this.

"We have to stay as long as Bono does." I peeked over my menu cautiously. Bono was no where in sight.

"Lar..I don't see Bono." I started panicking. "Did Edge and Adge leave? Where's Bono!? I can't see anything!"

"Get a hold of yourself woman!" Larry rolled his eyes. "I'll check." He raised his head, pulling his menu down, and found himself staring right into Bono's shinning eyes. Larry jerked back as if he'd been struck. "Fuck Bono!"

I had to think fast so I cleared my throat lightly while I looked over my menu. "I think I'll get the salmon Lar. What looks good to you?" I looked up and pretended to see Bono for the first time. "Bono! What are you doing here?"

"What do you mean what am I doing here." He glanced around and slid into our booth. "What are YOU guys doing here?"

"We're out for a bite to eat." Larry said in a way that was just so..well, Larry. He sat back and observed Bono casually. I bit the inside of my cheek to keep from laughing.

"Sure Larry." Bono smirked and turned to me. He smiled and I swallowed. Not the smile! Bono was very charming when he wanted to be and that was dangerous for someone trying to lie to him.

"How long have you been following me Love?" He practically purred at me as he scooted closer and laid his hand on top of mine. I pulled away from him and turned to Larry for help.

"We haven't been following you." Larry deadpanned.

"Yeah I don't know what you mean Bono." I smiled, feeling better with Lar backing me up. "It is funny that we should run into you here. Are you out for a bite too?"

Bono looked back and forth between us in surprise. "No...if you're not here following me then why are you two here together?"

I bit my lip. He had us there. The odds of Larry and I ever going out just the two of us were next to nothing.

Larry drummed his fingers on the table as he looked at Bono like he was considering something important. I hope he knows what he's doing. I thought with a snort.

Larry pursed his lips when he finally spoke. "You're leaving us no choice but to tell you..and trust that you keep this a secret."

I shifted in my seat, starting to get nervous with what Larry was saying. I was totally lost but I tried not to look like it when Bono looked at me and frowned. "What? You can trust me."

Larry glanced at me and sighed. "There's no point in lying any longer." He wrapped an arm around me and flashed a toothy grin at Bono. "We're on a date."

I gasped along with Bono.

"What the bloody hell do you mean you're on a date!?" Bono wailed.

"Shh! They might hear you!" I squeaked.

Realization dawned on Bono's face as he stared at me. "You ARE here because of Edge and Adge! You did follow me!"

Larry shot me an irritated look and I rolled my eyes at myself. "No we're not! And we didn't...oh I don't even know what's going on anymore!" I took a deep breath and glared. "And for God's sake don't tell Adam that you saw me and Larry here together. I've been joking about that with Adam and he would have a heart attack if he thought it was true."

"What's this?" Larry arched a brow at me. "I thought we were keeping our love a secret?"

"Oh my god Larry!" I groaned. "NOW you decide to tease me!" He grinned and winked at me. I dropped my face into my hands and sighed.

"Why did you follow me?" Bono asked. I lifted my head and stared at him in shock

"What!? We followed you because we saw you!" I jabbed a finger at Bono's chest. "You followed Adge and Edge here so we had to see what you were up to!"

Bono wrapped his hand around my finger. "Kindly stop poking me." he said dryly. Larry snorted. I blushed and kept my fingers to myself.

Bono sat back and turned to look towards Edge and Adge. From our point of view all we could see where the tops of their heads.

"I followed them here to see...I had to know.." He trailed off.
"After last night you had to know if you stood a chance with Adge?" I guessed.

Bono nodded vigorously. "Yes! I woke up this morning thinking, 'She has to have some feelings for me!' Last night wouldn't have happened if she didn't."

"Maybe you're just a good kisser." Larry interjected. Bono and I stared at him. He grinned. "Just trying to help out."

I shook my head. "Adge does love you Bono."

"Ah ha! I bloody knew it!" Bono beamed.

"Let me finish! She does love you but compared to Edge..you don't stand a chance. She's so in love with him."

"I'm not giving up." Bono spoke fiercely. "She has some feelings for me and that's all I need to build on."

I didn't try to talk him out of it because I knew it was no use. It was Bono and once Bono set his mind to something there was no going back as far as he was concerned.

"I'm going back to see how it's going." Bono slid away to leave.
"Wait!" I called. He turned back. "What's going on so far? Is it going okay?"

Bono grinned. "Well Edge ordered for them and they got the wrong meals taken to their table. Then the waiter poured ice water into Edge's lap."

Larry laughed. "Tonight is not Edge's night."

"It's not Edge's week." I flinched and looked at Bono suspiciously. "You don't have anything to do with things going wrong do you?"

"Who..me?" Bono flashed a charming grin and disappeared back to his spy watch.

I turned to Larry. "I can't believe you told him we were on a date!"

"I thought we were." Larry said quietly, his eyes on the table, and a strand of hair fell over his face.

I opened and closed my mouth. "I..uh..wha..." Larry peeked up at me and grinned devilishly. "Oh that's cruel!" I fanned my face. "You had me worried!"

"All part of the fun." Larry chuckled and stood. "We need to get closer. The booth behind them is open. I bet we could hear all they're saying from there."

"Larry I'm surprised! I didn't think you knew about this kind of thing!"

"I've picked up a thing or two being around you lot as long as I have." Larry reached out and took my hand. Seeing my surprised face he smiled. "We're on a date remember? If we get caught that's our cover story."

I snorted. "Lar...that'll never work."

~~~~~~~~

We switched booths, the whole time I was shifty, hoping we wouldn't be seen. I shared a quick wave with Bono, trying to tell him, via hand signals, that we were sitting closer. He gave us thumbs up and grinned. I got the uncomfortable feeling that he thought we were all in this together. Really I was here to make sure he didn't do anything stupid. At least I hoped that was why.

Larry and I slipped into the booth right behind Edge and Adge and I closed my eyes and prayed we didn't have a squeaky seat. The good thing about this was that we could hear Adge and Edge's conversation perfectly. The bad thing was that we couldn't talk ourselves without risking getting caught.

Larry and I leaned back, getting as close to them as possible. The booth was tall enough so that they couldn't look back and see us but we couldn't see them either. I shared a partner in crime grin with Larry as we started listening.

"Edge I don't know why this is happening. I'm happy with you."

"Are you?" He sounded small and insecure and I wanted to cry.

"Of course! I love you Edge." Aids sounded on the verge of tears herself. "Bono is nothing compared to you. It was just one stupid mistake..."

"I'm still going to speak with him." Edge spook quietly.

"Bono? How...what will you say to him?" Adge sounded strained and I knew she was worried about creating a rift between Edge and Bono.

"I haven't given it much thought. I'm focusing on you right now." He sounded a little more relaxed and I heard Adge sigh.

"I love you so fucking much Edge. Say you forgive me?"

"I haven't decided yet." Edge's teasing tone made me grin in relief. Larry let out a small sigh next to me and shot me a quick grin.

"Edge-" Adge began but Edge cut her off.

"I think a kiss might sway me to forgive you."

Adge giggled. "Oh really?"

There was no sound then except the wet noises of kissing. I made a grossed out face and shared it with Larry. He mouthed, 'This is disgusting.'

I grinned and mouthed back, 'It's not that bad. We're not making out are we? That would be worse'

"Worse?" Larry growled lowly in irritation and I gasped and covered his mouth with my hand.

"What was that?" Adge asked. Larry and I froze. I stared into his eyes and saw his frustration. He was NOT happy with the situation.

"It's nothing." Edge whispered. "Bring those honey lips back here."

I took my hand away from Larry's mouth and pretended to gag, because really this was getting a little mushy for me.

I took it to mean that Larry agreed with me when his tongue stuck out of the side of his mouth and his eyes rolled into the back of his head like he'd fainted. I snickered silently. Yeah, Larry defiantly agreed with me.

"Are you sure it's nothing. I swear I hear something." Adge said and Edge laughed.

"Babe we're in a pub. There are other people here."

"Well, I know that. But I thought I heard..never mind."

"No, tell me."

"I thought I heard Larry."

"What?" Edge sounded surprised and Adge cleared her throat.
"It's probably nothing. Forget it."

"Why would you be hearing Larry?"

Larry and I shared a look. Maybe it was time we made our presence known. Larry ran a hand over his hair and sighed. He was about to stand when Edge spoke,
"Lets get out of here. I have a surprise planned for us."

"Ooh really? I love surprises."

They both stood up and I caught a quick glance of Edge's face. I looked around in a panic. We needed to hide somewhere and quick! I looked at Larry and gaped when I saw him sinking down under the table. He caught my eye and motioned for me to follow him. I shook my head wildly and he glared. He reached out, grabbed my arm and yanked me down. I let out a squeak as my head disappeared.

"Did you hear that?" Edge asked.

Under the table it was quite close and I glared at Larry. "This is really great Lar." I hissed. He snorted and grinned.

"It was your idea to do this in the first place."

I rolled my eyes and listened. I didn't hear Edge or Adge and I hoped they were out of the way when I pulled up the table cloth and peeked out. I cried out when I was met with a confused looking waiter.

"Excuse me Miss..Sir...If you wish to dine under the table you may want to try Rusty's down the street. They're quite flexible with that sort of thing." I blushed to the roots of my hair.

"No thanks." Larry said politely as we lumbered out from our hiding place. "We were just leaving." He grabbed my hand and we ran out of there like our butts were on fire.

~~~~~~~~~

We followed Bono, Adge and Edge in our car all the way to a park on the other side of town. Whatever Edge's surprise was it sure was a long drive to get there.

Bono must've seen Edge stop at the park gates because he drove around and parked a few blocks away.

"Idiot." Larry cursed Bono's idiocy and I agreed as I pulled up next to his car.

We slipped past the gates stealthily and I almost died of fright when Bono popped out of nowhere and waved at us.

"Don't scare me like that!" I smacked his arm.

"Sorry." He grinned. "This reminds me of when we used to have Village meetings here. Ahh the good old days."

"Much as I'm loving this trip down memory lane.." Larry began dryly. "What is this accomplishing Bono? Nothing that's what."

Bono shoved his hands into his pockets and looked down. "I can't leave until I know what's going to happen with them."

"Edge has already forgiven her Bono." Larry said sternly, trying to talk some sense into his friend. "It's best if you give up now and leave them to their happiness."

"What about my happiness?" Bono spoke quietly and looked up at us, his eyes shone with wetness in the gloaming and I wanted to yell at the unfairness of it all.

Larry clapped Bono on the shoulder and gave him a heartening smile. "You'll get over her Bono. There's someone out there for you. You have to find her is all."

"Or you might have already found her." I interjected softy.

Bono's eyes flew to mine. "Who're you meaning?"

Too late to turn back now. I braced myself and spoke. "Ali."

Bono softened. "I do love Ali..but I can't have her as long as I'm in love with Adge. It wouldn't be fair to anyone."

"You need to get over her mate." Larry squeezed his shoulder once before letting go.

"How?" Bono asked weakly, looking to us pleadingly for the answers.

"I think the first step towards letting go would be to stop stalking her." Larry grinned at Bono's shameful chuckle.

"Right. I think I get that. What else?"

"You might try to not be so obvious about how you feel. Especially around Edge. That's not helping anything." I put in, hoping that I was helping some. Bono nodded and sighed at he looked out over the wild life. I hadn't seen or heard a single thing from Adge and Edge. I wondered where they'd disappeared off too.

Larry led the way slowly back to the gates and spoke up once we reached Bono's car. "Another thing would be to stop kissing her. That's a big one."

Bono flinched and smiled grimly. "You're right about that one Lawrence. Maybe I should be writing these down. Wouldn't want to accidentally forget one of them."

"I'm sure you wouldn't." I snorted and Bono grinned guiltily.

"I'd best be going then. I'll work on..falling out of love with Adrienne." Even saying the words seemed to be a strain on him and he sighed as he got into the drivers seat.

Larry and I stood by, waving Bono off as he drove down the street. I looked back at the park and got a sneaky look on my face.

Larry saw this and moaned. "No. Whatever it is. NO!"

"I just want to go in and see what they're up too is all."

"That's what Bono said..a.k.a. Mr Stalker!"

I laughed. "I know but I'm just curious. It's not like I'm in love with Edge." I eyed him. "You're not in love with Edge are you?"

"NO!" Larry looked like he would be breathing fire any second.

"Come on. Just one peek and then we'll leave. I promise."

Larry folded his arms. "I'm not going anywhere but into the car."

I pouted. "Fine. You're no fun at all...I could still tell about you singing in the shower." I grinned.

"Try it and you better watch your back the rest of your life."

I sighed. "Please Larry? I only want to see that everything is okay and then we can leave."

I gave him my sappiest puppy eyes and he gritted his teeth. "SHIT!"

I laughed and took his hand. "We better stay together it'll be easier to hide and stuff."

"How will it be easier?"

"I don't know.." Larry snorted at me. "Just try and enjoy yourself. It's beautiful out."

"I'm freezing my bullocks off."

"Thanks for that information Lar."

We walked through the park for a while, searching in the dark for two figures that might be Edge and Adge. Finally Larry grabbed my sleeve and pointed.

"There."

I squinted in the dark and saw two people sitting on a bench by the lake. "They must be freezing!"

"They're warming themselves up."

"What..oh." I caught the tilt of Adge's head and I knew they were kissing.

"You have your answer now. Can we go?"

"I guess." I wasn't really satisfied but it would have to do. Larry wasn't in the mood for more of my begging.

As we walked back to our own car Larry turned to me, the street lamps catching his toothy grin.

"Some night it's been."

I laughed. "Yeah. Even if I wanted it to be better by spying a little more. Aren't you glad you came?"

Larry tossed me a look of disbelief. "You had better be joking about that Red."

I grinned. "I am."

"Good. I'd rather not have a repeat performance of this."

"Ahh why not Lar? I was thinking we could make it a weekly event." I teased and bumped our shoulders together.

Larry groaned and rubbed the bridge of his nose roughly. "Feck. Don't joke about that. Or I might tell Adam about the mad passionate affair we're having." He slanted a cautious look at me. Probably to see how I was taking his threat.

I paled, then flushed. "Really funny Lar. Adam wouldn't believe you."

He arched a brow. "Why not?"

"Well.." I was groping at straws here. "You don't have any proof!" I breathed out in relief, only to suck it back in when Larry spoke.

"I could tell him about that cute mole on you inner left thigh."

I tripped over my own feet and almost fell on my face. Larry latched onto my arm and yanked me back up. I stared at him, completely gob smacked.

"How...WHEN!?"

"When I pulled you under the table. Your skirt rode up a tad bit." I blushed, mortified. Larry laughed, clearly enjoying my discomfort. "Some things are best left unsaid don't you think?"

His eyes glowed with the sweet essence of revenge and I blew out an aggravated breath and shrugged.

"Okay you win. You finally have something to get me with. What do you plan to do with it?"

He got a wicked gleam in his eyes and my stomach was in a slick knot before I knew it. Not to self: Never let Larry get as far as blackmail. Oh, and never ever go under a table with a skirt with him because you never what he might get a peek of!

Last edited:
Here's the Last chapter!!:dancing:

:giggle:

Chapter Thirty Five

It turned out that Larry wanted to take a rain check on using his blackmail on me. But I could see the wheels turning and I started preparing myself for the worst.

After dropping Larry off at his house I drove home and contemplated all that had happened. Edge and Adge were working things out and Adam and I were on our way to healing. I still felt bad for Bono but I had been relieved and happy to hear him say he was going to try and move on. If he was being truthful.

It was impossible to not feeling sorry for Bono. Just because he had fallen in love with the wrong person was no reason for me not to feel for him. I could blame him for a few things though. Like for putting Adge into a situation that proved tempting for her. But wasn't that Bono's plan all along?

And what about Edge? He must be feeling so betrayed. I was amazed that he was being so forgiving to Adge. But then again, hadn't Adam forgiven me for freaking out and almost ruining our relationship? How was this any different? The truth was that it wasn't. We four had a lot more in common then we realized.

I finally made it home and went straight to getting ready for that night. Adam would be picking me up in little over an hour and that didn't give me much time. I spent a long time getting dressed. Mostly because my mind kept wandering and I'd keep finding myself standing in the middle of the room, not having a clue what I was doing.

I managed to get myself together and I went out to sit on the porch swing and wait for Adam. I adjusted my shirt for the thousandth time and cursed myself for actually being nervous. And not only over the whole Edge and Bono thing. I was also nervous about seeing Adam.

For the past few weeks an underlying pressure had been building with U2. They were planning like mad to go on their first tour in America. It was nerve wracking for everyone involved, including myself. I knew that the guys couldn't bring anyone along with them unless they were a member of the road crew. So I would have no choice but to stay.

Unless I wanted to become a roadie. The thought had crossed my mind more then once, but I was getting ahead of myself. First Adam would have to ask me if I wanted to go with him. I wasn't about to invite myself and force that onto him.

I had barely been letting myself think about it in case I should get my hopes up. But that's exactly what had happened anyway. And now whenever I saw Adam I would wonder 'will he ask me today?' It was driving me crazy. My one relief was that Edge hadn't asked Adge yet so there was still time. Even though U2 was leaving in a couple weeks and it was a little short notice!

I sighed and brushed my hair away from my face in irritation. I was being pathetic. Of course Adam was going to ask me to go with him! He'd been talking about it, he was excited, and if he didn't bring me I would be heartbroken.

I looked up at the overcast sky and asked, "Why did I have to fall for a musician!?"

I didn't receive an answer, not that I expected too. I eyed the clouds warily and hoped it wouldn't rain tonight. U2 was playing an outside gig and being wet and sweaty at the same time was never a barrel of laughs.

A distant honking brought my eyes back down and a grin flashed over my face. I stood up and walked down to the sidewalk. Adam pulled up and honked again as he flashed me a saucy grin.

"You need a ride sugar?"

I flung my hair back and bated my lashes. "Only if you promise not to take advantage of a poor helpless young woman like myself."

"I think that can be arranged." He chuckled.

I grinned and climbed in, all the while trying to fight the swarm of butterflies in my stomach. I got comfortable and moved to buckle but Adam reached out and placed his hand over mine. I looked at him curiously.

"I need to talk to you." He stared into my eyes and his face gave away nothing.

I swallowed past my dry throat. "What's the matter?"

"I know that you were with Larry tonight."

Oh my God! I stared at his blank face in horror, unsure of what to say. "I..I don't know what to say here Adam..."

"Are you going to deny it?" He questioned.

"Well..no. I was with Larry, but it's not what you're thinking." I laughed. "Not at all believe me! We weren't on a real date. We were there because..wait.." I frowned. "How do you even know about me and Larry? Did Larry call you!?" I scowled, planning an evil revenge against the drummer.

Adam sat back, reaching into his pocket and pulling out a stick of gum. I blinked in surprise that it wasn't a cigarette, but Adam did like his gum too. He unwrapped the piece and popped it into his mouth.

"Edge told me." He began causally. "He knew that you, Larry and Bono were following him and Adge."

Nothing else could have shocked me more. My brain felt like it had turned to mush with all the confusion and all I could do was stare. Adam watched me in amusement.

"You could try saying something." His lips twitched up as he reached over and closed my mouth for me.

I tried to scoop together enough brain cells to formulate a response. "I..what..how!?"

Adam snorted. "Well, at least you tried to say something."

I leaned back and looked out my window, trying to get a grip. "How did he know? I thought we were being pretty careful."

"He knew. Edge is a genius. He pays attention to more things then we give him credit for."

I panicked. "Oh my God do you think he knows that Bono loves Adge?"

"He didn't mention it."

"He called you then?"

"About an hour ago. He saw you and Larry in the pub and him and Adge had a bit of fun with you. Edge said something about them making snoggy noises..care to explain that one?"

I laughed loudly. "Those tricksters! Larry and I thought we were being hot stuff all spying and everything. But they know the whole time!"

"Edge said something about knowing Bono was there when he walked out of the loo and saw a mysterious shadow lucking nearby."

"Oh my God." I covered my eyes. "This is so embarrassing! I was working so that something exactly like this could be avoided!"

"It was a nice try. By the way, Edge knew you and Larry were under the table..I don't I think I want you to explain that one." I groaned and Adam laughed. "He also knew that you followed them to the park. He wasn't sure if you stuck around or not because he didn't see any sign of you."

"We left right after getting there. God, I hope Bono didn't go back after! He might have circled back after I drove away!" I shook my head. What a weird day this was turning out to be! I turned to Adam. "Why did Edge tell you all this anyway?"

Adam pulled out onto the road and focused intently on his driving. I watched him, wide eyed. Adam was not acting like himself, I thought with a trace of surprise. What could be going on now?

Adam glanced at me quickly and looked at the road again. "There was another reason for Edge calling me. He was supposed to ask Adge some questions for me."

"What questions?" Now this was confusing. What would Adam need to ask Adge?

"Em..they were about you.."

I blinked, my butterflies coming back in the form of a tornado. "I need a little more information then that Adam."

His face flushed slightly and I was even more surprised. "I needed to know if you have any plans for the next few months...after graduation."

Oh my God. Could this be about what I think it is? I held my breath and watched Adam avidly. He cleared his throat, and glanced at me anxiously a few more times.

"You know that U2 is planning to go on tour and all..."

"Yes I know." I said eagerly, trying to move him along.

"I had Edge ask Adge also if she thought you might say yes if I asked you to go with me..."

My butterflies slowly started to disappear into relief and a warm happy feeling filled me. "Adam..are you asking me to go with you?" I asked breathlessly.

Adam slowed at a stop sign and gave me his full attention. His whole face was a picture of nervousness. He wiped his palms on his jeans and cleared his throat loudly. He was so cute. "I..yes. I'm asking you. Will you go with me?" He squeaked it out and I laughed as I flung myself in his arms.

"I'd love to go with you! You know I've been so excited too. I love you so much." We hugged and kissed, enjoying our moment of happiness.

The cars behind us started honking soon, forcing me to climb out of Adam's lap so he could drive and I couldn't stop grinning.

We arrived at Bono's house, and Adam honked. Bono was the only person we'd be picking up, I found out from Adam. Edge was giving Adge a ride, probably because she didn't want to deal with Bono. Larry was getting his own ride as usual.

Bono slammed out of his house and walked towards us with a furious expression on his face. I shared an alarmed look with Adam as Bono yanked open the van door and climbed in, cursing up a storm.

"Easy there B. This van is older then you are." Adam remarked easily but Bono didn't respond.

In any way what so ever. He simply sat back and looked out his window.

Adam and I looked at each other and Adam shrugged and drove on.

The ride was tense and silent, except for the music that I finally put in because I couldn't stand it another second.

We made it to the festival and no sooner had Adam parked, Bono shot out in a flash and was halfway across the lot before I had even unbuckled.

"What the fuck climbed up his arse and died?" Adam mumbled, cutting the engine and tossing me the keys.

I was in charge of all personal items during the shows so that they wouldn't get lost. Adam had a tendency to loose things while he was in the moment.

"My bet is that it has something to do with his Da or with Edge and Adge." I sighed and climbed out. I walked across to Adam's side and he smiled as he got out and took my hand. I smiled back, thankful that I had Adam in my life.

We headed towards the back entrance of the building. I noticed on our way, that the parking lot was already filling up with cars. It was probably the most people that U2 had ever played in front of. There had to be a few hundred all ready at least. It was defiantly going to be a defining moment in U2's career. A few people wandered over to us to talk to Adam but he cut it off quickly and said he had to get inside. I grinned at the surprise on the faces of the people when they realized that they were talking to the bassist.

At the backdoor Adam gave his name to the security guard and he was checked off his list. The guard glanced at me. "Name please?"

"Um.." I wasn't sure if I would be on there so I hesitated but Adam swooped in with a savvy smile.

"She's with me." He put his arm around me and I grinned so wide I thought my face would split in two. This was so unbelievable.

The guard eyed me for a moment and nodded. "Go right in then."

"Wow you come in handy after all." I teased as I wrapped an arm around Adam's waist.

Adam laughed and pulled me closer for a kiss.

I grinned. "What was that for?"

"Because you're so cute." He winked and I blushed at the compliment, which made me feel about ten years old. Adam always made me blush though.

We walked through the many back halls, stopping once in a while to ask for directions to the performance section of the building. I looked around in awe, trying to take in as much detail as possible.

The floors were a shiny cement but painted a dark green and I blinked at the amount of wires running everywhere. It looked way too complicated but I was used to it from other U2 gigs. The walls we pretty plain, and painted a light cream color. Although there was the occasional spray paint slashed across the surface. All in all it had the feeling of being the back workings of an important building. The front was where all the good stuff could be found but the back was for the working part of it all.

A group of people walked by us quickly, talking to each other madly and I watched them with wide eyes. They were talking so fast I could barely catch a word. 'I'm going to have to get used to this.' I thought with a grin. 'After all I've got months of this ahead of me.'

"Charming isn't it?" Larry's voice said from behind us. We turned and met his bursting grin with one of our own.

"Hey Lar! This place is great. Isn't this exciting!?"

"It's quite comfortable feeling." Adam put in, sounding posh.

"If you say so. I've already had three woman hit on me!" He scowled darkly and glared around as if expecting to catch someone in the act of ogling him at that moment.

"I think that's supposed to be a good thing Lar. It means that you're the sex symbol of the band." I said with a grin while Larry looked like I'd just given him a death sentence.

"What if I want to be the sex symbol?" Adam asked cheekily.

"You wont get it afro man. That job is reserved for The Edge." Adge came up to us, grinning and looking relaxed in her tripped out punk outfit for the show.

She looked fantastic and I pounced on her. "Adge! Oh my God I need to talk to you!"

"We might want to get out of here while we still have the chance." Adam suggested and turned to Larry, but he was already half way down the hallway. Adam laughed. "You wanker! Don't leave me here!" He chased after Larry.

I shared a look of confusion with Adge and shrugged. "Men." I sighed.

"I know. What's wrong with them?" She grinned. "Anyway what did you want to talk about?"

"Adam asked me to go!!!" I yelled, causing a woman near by to spasm and drop her cup of coffee. I flinched and smiled guiltily. "Sorry."

"Oh my God Amber that's great news!" Adge beamed and hugged me. "Now we'll all be able to go!"

I gasped happily. "Edge asked you!? Is that what he was doing earlier at the park?"

"Yes...I knew you were following us by the way."

Adge grinned widely while I blushed. "That was all Bono's fault. I had to make sure he didn't wreak anything."

"Aw I know that. Don't worry about it."

I still couldn't believe that we were all going and I let my excitement take over as I let out a happy shriek and tackled Adge with another hug.

"This is going to be the adventure of a lifetime! Think of all the places we're going to go to!"

"I know! It's the best!" We finished gushing and sighed happily. "Oh by the way I noticed you and Lar were getting kind of close earlier...hiding under a table and all.." She grinned wickedly.

I moaned. "No! Oh my God. We were trying to hide from you. NOTHING is going on with me and Larry believe me. We'd kill each other in a day. I'm sorry we followed you. Did you ever see Bono?"

"Yeah I did. He's not really the expert at hiding himself. More like the opposite." She smirked, then grew serious. "Edge and Bono are talking right now."

"What!? You left them alone? What if they try and kill each other or something!?"

"I'll take the winner." She shrugged.

I gaped. "You're only saying that because you think Edge will win."

"Hell yes he'll win..if anything happens." She said proudly.

"Aren't you worried at all?"

She sighed, "Yes. I've been nothing but worried all day. But I'm trying not to focus on it. Edge promised me that he wouldn't get into a fight with Bono and I trust him." She flinched. "Now I have to earn his trust back."

"You're not the only one. Does Edge really think Lar and I were spying on you guys?"

She laughed as she opened a door that had U2's name on it. I stared at it for a full minute and took my camera out to snap a few pictures.

The inside of the room was even better. It was fairly simple but well put together and with good taste. The walls were a relaxing shade of blue..much like the color of Adam's eyes. A couch stood in the middle of the room, a few chairs were spread about the room, and there was a dresser with a mirror on it and bright lights all around it. It was probably the best dressing room that U2 had ever had. I took some pictures and Adge grinned at me through the lens.

"What do you think?" She asked.

"It's brilliant. I love it."

"It's not that good, but Edge was ecstatic when he walked in."

"I bet. How long until they go on?" I asked as I inspected a chair before sitting in it with a sigh.

"About an hour. They should be getting ready soon. I should actually get to Edge and see how he's holding up."

"Have you seen or talked to Bono yet?"

"No and I know I need to but I don't know what to say yet."

"Yeah I can understand that. I haven't smoothed things over with Guggi yet either." I rolled my eyes.

"God what a pair we are. I need to see Edge right now though. I can't stop thinking about him."

"Aww. Yeah Adam could probably use a kiss right about now."

"You mean you could use a kiss. I swear you guys never stop making out." She grinned.

I laughingly agreed. I suddenly felt like I was floating on air and nothing at all could bring me down. Life was good.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Right before the show Adge and I snuck backstage to give Edge and Adam good luck kisses and plus Adge had to make sure Edge's guitar was all set for him. I had to pry Adam's hands off of me and Adge looked like she was having the same thing with Edge. Only she wasn't trying to get away from him, more like the opposite. They looked like they were trying to eat each others faces off and I grinned at them.

Since Larry was standing off to the side and didn't have anyone to kiss him I went up to him and gave him a hug and a quick peck on the cheek.

"Good luck out there Larry."

He blushed. "Thanks." He wandered over to get a drink to cover his embarrassment and I giggled.

"Has anyone got a kiss for me?" Bono came out of now where, pouting and leaning into me, bating his eyes.

I laughed and planted a kiss on his lips. "There you go. Good luck."

"That's all I get?" Bono stuck out his lip at me.

"Uh..If I give you any more we'll be in danger of getting Adam jealous B. Sorry. Maybe next time."

"Next time I'm asking Adge for a kiss." He said in a whisper and winked at me.

I gaped. "What? Bono you can't-"

I was cut off as the stage manager rushed backstage. "You're on! They're calling your name in twenty seconds!"

We all listened as U2's name was called and the crowd went wild. I got in one more kiss from Adam and he grinned as he pulled away. "See you after the show love."

"I'll be waiting. I love you!" I yelled as he left. He waved and shouted that he loved me back.

Adge and Edge were staring into each other's eyes and something unseen was passing between them. Edge gave her one more bruising kiss and left without looking back.

Adge blinked back tears and I walked up to her and put my arm around her shoulder. "You okay?"

She nodded. "Yeah. Lets get out there. I don't want to miss anything."

Shouts of U2's name could be heard as we made our way to our seats. By the time we reached them U2 was playing 'I Will Follow' and my ears were ringing.

Bono's voice shouted out the first line to 'Street Missions' and everything exploded from there. 'I Will Follow was played twice, much to the crowds approval.

Adge and I jumped up and down and screamed just like the rest of the fans and it felt exhilarating. Halfway through the set U2 was in between songs and the crowd cheered them on, waiting impatiently for the next burst of adrenalin.

Edge's icy guitar notes filled the air as he started 'The Electric Co.' and Adge and I shared an excited scream. Adam came in with his heart beat of the bass and I screamed louder.

A smiling Bono brought the microphone to his lips and stomped his foot to the beat. When he didn't start singing right away but instead grinned and danced around, I frowned. That was normal yeah but something was wrong. Bono's grin turned a little crazy and he looked behind him. It hit me then.

Larry wasn't coming in. Not the first time, or the second, and still not at the third time.

"Oh my god." I said and turned to Adge. She was squinting up at the stage.

"I don't see Larry. Where is he?" She said it under her breath and I leaned in to catch it.

I turned shocked eyes onto the stage and looked for Larry. It looked like he wasn't even sitting at the drums.

Bono was yelling now. Not into the microphone but it was still loud enough to catch a word here and there.

I heard, "Larry...wanker!....kill you!"

"That can't be good." Adge said faintly. I shook my head and watched in horror as Bono ran to the drums and Larry popped up, looking like he was about to say something but before he could Bono flung the microphone across the stage and raged at him.

The crowd started booing and some were chanting Bono's name. They were probably hoping for a fight and at this moment I wasn't sure if they were going to get one or not. I hoped not.

Larry was standing now and as Bono got closer, his arms waving madly, Larry was quickly backing up. Bono suddenly stopped waving his arms and broke out into a run, going after Larry. Larry cried out and made a run for it.

We all watched in disbelief as Bono chased Larry around the stage, screaming at the top of his lungs, his face red as a fire truck.

By this time Adge and I had started working our way through the crowd to get to the stage.

"Oh my fecking god!" I jerked my eyes to the stage at Adge's cry and gaped.

Edge was in the on chase now!

He was chasing after Bono, who was still chasing after poor Larry. If I wasn't so freaked out I would probably be finding it hilarious to see the band running around the stage like idiots. Half the crowd was booing and the other half was cheering and laughing.

Edge caught up to Bono and took his arm, looking like he was trying to calmly talk Bono down. Bono yelled something at Edge and tried to yank away, and when that didn't work he turned on his heel and punched Edge right in the face. Edge's head snapped back and Adge screamed in outrage and yelled at the security guard.

"Why aren't you doing anything?! Let me the fuck up there right now!"

The guard was so shocked that he lifted and tossed her up. I was left to watch as Edge recovered from the punch. He came back at Bono, gritting his teeth in anger and his eyes blazing, as he swung out and made contact with Bono's face. Bono flew back and fell right onto his arse with a 'thud.' The crowd booed.

Adge reached Edge by then and grabbed his arm before she started yelling. I couldn't hear what it was but I didn't imagine that it was anything pretty. After Adge was done with Edge she left him to clean himself up and rushed to Bono, who was just attempting to sit up.

Adge dropped to his side and it looked to me like Bono was going to be fine as he stood up with his arm around Adge. The stage was swarming with security by then. Of course once the fight was over they rushed to help. Idiots.

It hadn't escaped my notice too, that during the whole show Adam was off on his own having a smoke! I very much wanted to do a little yelling of my own. How could he stand by and let all that happen!?

A few minutes passed, with the band and Adge talking on stage. I itched to know what they were talking about. I watched with anxiety as the stage cleared and U2 took their places once again.

Bono took his microphone back and laughed softly into it, "We seem to have had a bit of a misunderstanding folks. But we're going to make it to you. How about we get a little...Out Of Control!!!!!"

I wasn't interested in the music anymore but in talking to Adge. She came back out towards me and motioned for me to follow her. Together we pushed our way out of the crowd and made it backstage.

As soon as I could her myself think again I asked, "What the fuck happened!?"

Adge snorted. "Insanity that's what. When Larry didn't come in I guess Bono thought he was doing it to just to fuck with him. In reality Larry had a slipped cord or something and was trying to fix it."

"Oh my God. So all of that was because of Bono's temper getting away with him! Someone could have gotten seriously hurt! How's Edge?"

"I know. Edge is going to have a black eye and Bono's got a swollen cheek already. He wont be looking much better then Edge in a couple hours."

"God! And did you see Adam! He wasn't doing a thing!"

"He said it wasn't his fight so he stayed out of it."

"Lord." I rolled my eyes and Adge flung her hands in the air.

"The drama never ends around here!"

"No it doesn't and you know what?" I snorted and looked around us at the unfamiliar surroundings and Adge looked with me.

"What?" She asked.

"We still have months of this to look forward too."

Adge's groan could be heard for miles.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A couple of hours later we were all gathered in Edge's backyard shed and having a few relaxing drinks. Everyone was freshly showered and Bono and Edge were holding ice packs to their faces. Adge was snuggled with Edge on a beat up looking couch and she was fussing over him, which he happily aloud and seemed to be soaking it up. We had music playing in the background and thankfully it wasn't U2. That would just remind us all of earlier at the gig.

A put out Bono sat next to a grumpy Larry, Gavin and Cat were there too and I hadn't known it but they'd been at the show. They hadn't stopped laughing yet. I sat pressed up against Adam as we leaned against one wall. I laid my head on his shoulder and sighed as he slung an arm around me.

Bono shifted in his seat and gingerly peeled back his ice pack back, revealing a black and blue eye that was almost completely swelled shut. He turned his one good eye towards Edge.

"How's that eye feeling The Edge?" He asked quietly, probably not sure if he was forgiven yet.

Edge took his ice away and lightly felt around his eye. It didn't look that different from Bono's. His fingers touched a sensitive spot and he hissed at the pain.

"It's feels just brilliant B." He said dryly. Adge glared at Bono.

Bono smiled guiltily, trying to make light of the whole thing. "I'm really sorry Edge. I was over excited and not thinking straight."

"I'll say. You looked like a mad man." I said with a small grin. "It was kind of a turn on actually. You looked hot." OH MY GOD DID I JUST SAY THAT!?

"What did you just say!?" Adam asked incredulously and I blushed and hid my face in his shoulder.

"Did you really think that Red?" Bono's smile turned seductive as he swayed his body and moved to get up.

"Don't even think about it Bono." Adam warned and pulled me tighter against him. "She's mine and this is where she's staying."

I pulled my face back and smiled. "Aww Adam you're so sweet!" I cooed but rolled my eyes at Bono just to tease. Gavin saw this and grinned.

"I saw that." Adam growled and bit chomped on my neck. I squealed.

"Besides the band breaking out into a fight half way through, I'd say that was the best show to date." Gavin commented as he rested his head on the wall and Cat snuggled into him.

Edge turned his one good eye onto Gavin curiously. "You think so? I think we've had better but I could be suffering brain damage from old iron fist here."

He spoke calmly but with a hint that he might be joking and none of us were sure if we should laugh or not. We all stared at him in alarm. His lips turned up and his eye crinkled at the corner. "You guys really can't take a joke."

"Oh God I thought you might be serious." Adge fanned her face in relief that Edge wasn't suffering from brain damage. Edge chuckled as he kissed her cheek. His lips moved to her ear and I saw him whispering something. Adge smiled widely and nodded.

They both stood up and shared a secret smile as they grasped hands. "We're going for a walk guys."

"Okay. Have fun." I smiled.

"Don't get lost." Gavin grinned.

"Watch out for those blood sucking rabid dogs!" Bono called out cheerfully.

We all stared at him stonily. He grinned sheepishly, "What? They could exist..."

"Whatever Bono." Adge rolled her eyes and pulled Edge out of the room.

I turned my attention to Cat. "What've you been up to lately Cat?"

She shrugged. "Finishing school mostly. Gavin's taking me to visit his family next weekend." She smiled warmly at Gavin and he winked and took her hand.

"That's a big step." Bono said around his ice pack.

Gavin nodded as he watched Bono in amusement. "Yeah it is but we've been together a while now and we think the time is right."

"That's sensible." I smiled.

Gavin cursed suddenly and stood, "We have to get going. The Prunes have a gig in two hours."

"This late?" Larry asked, surprised. But this was normal for The Prunes. They were pretty crazy sometimes.

"Why not? We play whenever we can. The show was brilliant. Say bye to Adge and Edge for us."

"Will do." Adam saluted and Larry gave him a weird look.

Gavin stopped by the door and turned back, "Oh and Red..Guggi gave me a message to give to you."

Adam tightened his grip on me until it was almost painful and I swallowed loudly. "Oh..what is it?"

Gavin grinned as he straightened and cleared his throat. "Life is a bitch sometimes, but you've never been and that's why I'll always love ya. Give me a call sometime." Gavin finished with a bow while everyone went silent.

I couldn't keep back my grin. That sounded so much like what Guggi would say if he was here. "Gavin would you tell him something for me?"

"What ever you want love." He nodded.

"Tell him that I said 'the world is fecked up sometimes but that's what friends are there for. Too help you get past the hard times and I love ya too."

Gavin laughed, "I'll relay every word. Night all." Cat and Gavin waved as they left. And then there were four.

We sat in comfortable silence. There wasn't much to say anyway. We were all exhausted from the day's work and now was the time to crash and burn. Soon we'd all be passed out in our beds and life would begin anew in the morning.

Adam kissed my cheek and I smiled at him. He didn't seem angry about my message to Guggi and I was thankful. Larry stood up to stretch and Bono moved to lay down on the cement floor.

Larry watched him with a look that said 'you're mental.' "Bono why are you doing on the floor?" He asked dryly as he stared down at Bono.

Bono opened his eye and looked up at Larry upside down, "Because I want to be Lar. Just because I want to be." Larry left it alone and Adam chuckled.

"What's so funny?" I asked him.

"We're an entertaining bunch aren't we?" He grinned.

Larry snorted loudly enough to blow the roof off and Bono and I laughed.

"Yeah we're a barrel of fun." I turned my gaze to Bono. "Bono?"

"Yes Red?" He kept his eyes closed with the ice still on his one eye.

"How're you feeling? And I don't mean your eye..."

He looked at me then with his good eye. "I'll live. I may never love again..but that's life."

"Bono that's not true!" I was dismayed to hear his attitude. "You probably felt that same way with everyone else that you've been with haven't you?"

"I don't care. Adge is different."

"For feck's sake Bono get over her!" Larry yelled.

Bono sat up and glared. "I wont! She's the one for me!" He was getting worked up again and I tried to intervene.

"Bono-"

The door slammed open and a beaming Adge burst through. "OH MY GOD!!! Guess what!?" She was practically bouncing around the room. I looked her up and down, trying to guess what could be making her this excited.

"I don't know..did you finally get those new sheets you've been wanting?" Larry guessed with a smirk.

She laughed. "NO!"

"You've decided to except my offer and run away with me?" Adam asked hopefully.

"HEY!" I yelled.

Adge rolled her eyes. "Nope that's not it either!"

"You're pregnant.." This came dryly from Bono and Adge's eyes bugged.

"God NO! You'll never guess..."

Edge came in then and stood behind Adge, wrapping his arms around her from behind and snuggling his cheek against hers. Edge was practically glowing and my stomach jumped with excitement.

"Don't leave us in suspense! What's the news?!" I cried.

Adge grinned mischievously and brought her hand to her face, showing off the fact that she was wearing an engagement ring. "We're getting married!"

Silence descended before chaos broke out. I cried and hugged everyone at least once. Edge got some slaps on the back and plenty of hugs. I hugged Adge for at least a minute.

"Congratulations both of you." I sniffled.

The happy couple beamed.

"We have to celebrate!" Bono said with false cheerfulness. "I'll go get some drinks from inside for everyone." He left and we all grew quiet. We all knew why he had really left. He couldn't see Edge and Adge so happy together. Not when his heart was breaking.

"I'm going to talk to him." Edge said quietly and moved to leave.

"No wait..let me." Adge insisted.

Edge hesitated for the briefest of moments before nodding.

"Why don't we take a walk of our own love?" Adam asked me. I grinned and giggled.

"Why..you haven't got an engagement ring for me too do you?" I pretended to rummage around in his pocket.

He laughed. "Sorry not this time."

I pouted until he kissed it away.

"We'll be back guys." Adam said as we got into our jackets.

"Have a nice time." Edge waved us off.

Outside I shivered. It was freezing out. Adam put his arm around me and pulled me into his warmness.

"Hmm..thanks. It's freezing out here." Adam didn't answer so I looked at him and my throat constricted. He was so handsome and kind and perfect..and he was all mine. "I love you Adam."

His eyes found mine and he smiled slowly, his eyes lighting up, "I love you too Amber."

We walked for as long as we could take the cold, which was only a few minutes. We were forced to go back inside and I ran the last few feet causing Adam to laugh at me and run too.

We burst into the shed, laughing and out of breath. I halted when I saw Edge and Bono hugging in the middle of the room. Adge was standing near by and silent tears were running down her face.

I walked up and hugged her. She squeezed me back and whispered, "Edge forgave him. They've made up." I breathed in relief.

Bono pulled back and grinned at Edge sadly, "You're still my best mate. Even if I'm not yours."

Edge shook his head, smiling. "You'll always be my best mate Bono." They hugged again before breaking apart. Edge came over and hugged Adge. She cried into his chest a little.

I sniffed and Adam was there to hug me. Bono and Larry stood on their own. Bono turned to Larry, a sniffling mess, and held out his arms.

"How about a hug Larry?"

Larry looked pained, then he grumbled, "What the hell." And pulled Bono into his arms. We all laughed and sat down to have one last drink before we all went home.

Adge, Edge, and Bono squeezed onto the couch while Larry, Adam and I pulled up some chairs to make a circle.

"You know what I just realized?" I said.

"What's that?" Adge asked.

"Our lives are just starting. We have so much ahead of us and I feel like I've lived 100 years at least all ready."

Adge grinned and Edge, Bono, Larry, and Adam chuckled. We faded off into silence and I relaxed into Adam's side and stared playing with his hair.

Adge sighed and laid her head on Edge's shoulder. "I feel really good right now."

"Me too." Edge murmured, kissing her lightly.

"So do I." Bono said in surprise.

I grinned. "Well I do too. Adam?" I looked at him and he gave me a cheeky smile.

"I feel wonderful." He turned to Larry and grinned. "Lar what about you?"

Larry sighed and sat back, studying the ceiling. We all waited. Larry looked back at us all and grinned widely. "I feel bloody fucking fantastic."

The End :)

Last edited:
Thanks! :D :happy:

I really enjoyed writing it and it was my first fic so I know it's not as good as some others on here. But I feel accomplished now that I've finished it.
Thanks to every one who read and commented! I appreciate it so much.:hug:

:applaud: I enjoyed it too and a really good first fan fic.
Thanks and more please?

Back
Top Bottom