Window In The Skies - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > PLEBA > PLEBA Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-26-2007, 11:06 PM   #31
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:21 PM

Chapter Sixteen

"Aids I need to talk to you....NOW!" After talking to Bono in my room for the last half hour I was bursting with information. Mostly everyone had left by now and only Adam, Edge and Bono were still hanging around in the living room. I found Aids in the kitchen digging around for a snack.

"What?" She glanced at me over her shoulder.

"If you don't want me to kill Edge then you better talk to me!" I was fuming mad by now and ready to take out some of my anger.

"Slow down. What do you mean?" Aids grabbed an apple out of the refrigerator and leaned against the counter. I sighed heavily and reached into my back pocket.

"THIS is what I'm talking about!" I held out Edge's underwear in her face. Her eyes went wide and she grinned.

"oops. Sorry about that."

"Oops!? That's all you have to say!? Do you know what I just went through!! Bono found these and thought that Edge and I were..." Aids burst out laughing, effectively drowning out the rest of my words.

"Bono thought...you and Edge!? That's hilarious!!!" She doubled over and I glared.

"It's not funny!! It was the most embarrassing thing that's ever happened!!" I flung the garment at her. "Here. Make sure you give these to Edge."

Aids snorted and wiped the tears of laughter from her eyes. "Oh no. I can't give those to Edge. Where would I put them?" She looked down at her dress and raised an eyebrow at me.

I scowled. "You can wear them on your head for all I care! I'm done with this. Oh and by the way Bono knows now."

"Bono knows?" Aids looked fearful. "What'd you tell him?"

"I didn't tell him anything. He guessed most of it. He doesn't want you to know that he knows though."

She frowned and took a huge bit of her apple before talking. "Why shnot?"

I rolled my eyes. "Bono has a little revenge planned against you and Edge. He just got done telling me the whole thing." I grinned. "I think this is the perfect opportunity to get back at him."

She raised a brow and grinned. "Oh yeah? So tell me, what's this brilliant plan of Bono's?" I snickered and moved closer to whisper in her ear.

~~~~~~~~
Later Aids and I wandered back out into the living room and glanced at each other pointedly before making our move.

"Hey guys." I smiled as I sat down next to Adam. He grinned back at me around his cigarette. I made a face and plucked it out of his mouth. "If you're going to smoke that's okay, but do it outside please."

Adam sighed and rolled his eyes as he stood up. "Bossy witch." He muttered and I gasped.

"You'll get it for that Adam Clayton!!"

"Yes, I will get it." He said cheerfully. I glared daggers at him as he walked to the back door, grinning like a fool. I couldn't keep the smile off my face once he was gone.

Aids had sat down in between Bono and Edge and she looked like the cat who'd just had the cream. I fought to keep my giggles down.

"Bono could you pass me the remote please?" Aids asked sweetly. Bono grunted as he leaned forward. His fingers had just wrapped around it when I saw Aids' hand sneak out and cup his arse.

"Nungh!!" Bono's eyes flew wide open and the remote went flying across the room.

"What the hell Bono?" Edge frowned and got up to retrieve it. Lucky for us Edge hadn't seen a thing. Bono looked back at Aids wildly and she just sat back smiling innocently

I looked at Bono in mock concern. "Are you okay Bono? Have you got a pain or something?" His head whipped over to look at me and I saw the question in his eyes. Had I just seen that? I smiled innocently back at him and Bono slowly sat back down. He glanced worriedly at Aids before sliding down to the opposite end of the couch, putting as much space between them as possible. I had to stifle a snicker with my hand.

Oh this was too hilarious! Edge sat back down on Aids' other side and flipped through the channels. He stopped on a nature show about the Australian Rain forest and we all groaned.

"Edge do we have to watch this!? Isn't there a movie on!?" Bono whined pitifully and we all begged him to find something else.

"This is very educational. If you give it a chance I'm sure you'll enjoy it." Apparently he had no intention of changing the channel as he slipped the remote into his back pocket. Adam came back then and grimaced when he saw what we were being forced to watch. I looked at Adam and Bono after about five minutes and saw the familiar glazed over look in their eyes. Time for a little more fun then.

I caught Aids eye and gave a small nod. She winked and her lips twitched up briefly.

"I'm starving. Anyone want anything while I'm up?" Aids asked. Bono and Adam said no and Edge shook his head, not taking his eyes off the TV. I wondered what could be so exciting and tried to watch it again. I took in a few facts about the red back monkey before I felt my own eyes glazing. I wonder if it's possible to sleep with your eyes open? Judging from the vacant look on Bono and Adam's faces I guessed it was.

Aids came back with a bowl of popcorn and a soda. She sat back down on the sofa, only now she was dangerously close to Bono. So close that their hips touched briefly and Bono reacted like Aids was on fire. He squished himself up against the arm of he couch and Aids scooted along with him until he had no where else to go. He brushed his hair back from his brow, looking franticly at anywhere but at Aids.

Aids turned to him and held out the bowl. "Bono..would you like some popcorn? It's got extra butter...just the way you like it." Her voice was soft and silky and Bono broke out into a sweat.

"Uh..no t-thank you." He kept looking at Aids quickly and then back to the television, He looked a bit like a trapped animal at this point. This was too good to be true. I tried not to stare and make it so obvious that I was watching but it was the hardest thing ever.

Whenever Bono looked over to me for help I'd focus intently on the show and pretend nothing was happening. My stomach muscles were starting to ache from the strain of holding my laughter in. Adam, who was still sitting next to me snorted in surprise and I glanced at him. He was watching Bono and Aids closely. Feck. If Adam said anything then all our plans would be ruined.

"Aww don't be shy...I know you want some Bono. Here." Aids picked up a piece of the buttery popcorn with her fingertips and held it in front of Bono's mouth. His eyes went huge and he plastered himself back against the couch, Aids fingers just followed. "Have a taste." She was whispering in his ear now and I was suddenly glad that Edge liked science so much...if he was aware of what was going on who knows what would happen.

Adam made a small choked noise as he watched Aids' fingers brush Bono's lips and I reached out to grip his hand. Adam looked at me in disbelief and I winked and shook my head. Hopefully that would be enough to keep him quiet.

"Try it for me Bono." Aids purred and we watched as a drop of butter fell onto Bono's bottom lip. "Once you try it you wont be able to resist me...oops I mean the popcorn." She giggled.

That was apparently the last straw as Bono flung Aids away and vaulted himself off the couch. Popcorn went flying everywhere, including in Edge's face. He blinked rapidly, finally bringing his attention away from the show and looked around in confusion. He looked at Aids, who was cleaning up the mess, then at Bono who was pacing around the room.

"Bono what's got into you? Are you ill?" Edge asked, watching his friend in concern.

Bono snorted loudly "No I'm not ill! I..well she!....erm..." Bono trailed off and scowled as he ran both his hands through his hair in irritation. He couldn't very well tell Edge that he thought his girlfriend was coming on to him. He'd open up a can of worms with that one. I decided it was time to intervene.

"Bono?" I stood up and put my hand on his shoulder. He turned to me and his eyes lit in relief. Without a word he swung his arm around my shoulders and hauled me out of the room. I looked back and saw Adam watching me in amusement and rubbing his mouth, trying to hide his face splitting grin. It looked like I'd have some explaining to do later.

I didn't bother saying anything to Bono as he led me away. I knew what was coming. I just had to remember not to ruin this and keep playing the game. No matter how distressed Bono was getting. That was all part of the fun.

"I can't believe Aids would do this to Edge!" Bono dragged me back into my room and started pacing again.

"What are you talking about Bono?" I'd have to play innocent for as long as possible if this was going to work.

Bono exhaled loudly and walked over to grab me by both arms. He leaned right in my face and said, "Aids. Was. Just. Flirting. With. Me!!!!"

I blinked "Bono, I think you've finally gone round the bend."

He shook me lightly and furiously shook his head. "No! I'm serious! Didn't you see!? Didn't you see what she was doing? How close she was to me!? She tried to feed me popcorn with her fingers!!!"

"Oh is that was this is all about? I saw that."

Bono's smiled in relief. "You did see it then?"

I nodded. "Yeah I saw it Bono..what do you think it means?" I congratulated myself on fooling him. Everything was working perfectly.

Bono chewed his bottom lip while he thought about it and my mind wandered. With Bono this close and still holding me by the arms it was impossible not to think about him. His cologne smelt so good..I'd have to ask him what brand it was. And I couldn't help but think of the few times we'd kissed either. They'd been nice but not real. If we were to kiss for real I wonder what it would be like? Ugh stop thinking like that!! I chided myself and tried to focus on the now.

"I think...I think Aids wants me." Bono said hesitantly.

I grinned, "Bono I know that you can get a little full of yourself sometimes but this is ridiculous. Aids doesn't want you! She's so happy with Edge, why would she even give you a second look?"

"W-what!?" He sputtered. "Are you saying that Edge is better looking then I am!?"

My grin widened. I was enjoying this was too much. "Nope, I'm not saying that at all. Love is blind isn't it? Aids is in love with Edge so why would she be flirting with you?"

"I don't know!! Why would she? Are you sure she loves Edge as much as you think?"

I nodded. "Yep..oh wait! Bono I think she might know that you know about her and Edge."

"What? How could she?" His eyes narrowed at me. "Did you tell her?" I hesitated and Bono tightened his grip on my arms. "DID YOU TELL HER?!?"

"Yes! But she practically dragged it out of me!! Don't worry I have a plan okay?" Bono breathed heavily for a moment, then nodded and let me go. "Does this mean that Aids was only pretending to flirt with me?"

"I think so." I said and Bono sat down heavily on my bed and flung himself onto his back.

"I'm going to murder her in her sleep! She almost frightened me to death!!"

I laughed. "Yeah I could see that. It was hilarious when she grabbed your arse. I admit I've wanted to do that a time or two." I blushed as Bono lifted his head and stared at me in shock.

"You want to grab my arse?" He grinned and sat up. He turned around so that his back was facing me and wiggled his butt around. "Have a go." Bono leered at me over his shoulder and I dissolved into laughter.

"Bono I'm not going to fondle your butt!! What kind of a girl do you think I am!!"

He lifted a brow. "One who just said she'd thought about it a time or two." He wiggled again and I snorted.

"Stop that. Don't you want to know my plan to get back at Aids?"

"Oh yeah." He flopped back down and patted the bed. "Join me and we can figure out how to give Aids as best as she gave me."

I smiled and climbed in next to Bono. He wrapped his arm about me and I turned to look at him. "Getting a little close aren't you?" He had the grace to look guilty and I smiled and shrugged. "Its okay...for now." Bono grinned triumphantly and snuggled closer. I rolled my eyes in annoyance but on the inside I was glowing. Being around Bono always made me feel good, and as long as I didn't act on the feelings I got for him once in a while then it was okay. He was really a good friend...most of the time.

Old 09-27-2007, 04:31 PM   #32
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 10:21 PM
Bono

Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 09-27-2007, 08:44 PM   #33
ONE
love, blood, life

Bono=

Thanks to all for reading

Chapter Seventeen

"Are you ready?" I slipped out into the hallway with Bono by my side. We'd been gone long enough that I wondered why no one had come looking for us.

"I think so, " Bono said, "Wait." He stopped me with a hand on my arm. I turned to him.

"What?"

"How do I look?" He stood back and brushed his hair over his shoulder. I slowly looked him up and down, taking in his tight fitting jeans, his plain black tee-shirt and his usual wayward hair. If he was my boyfriend I'd run a brush through that rats nest and get him a decent shirt. Maybe in a blue, to bring out his eyes, and what remarkable eyes they were too. I inwardly sighed and rolled my eyes at myself. There I go again, jumping onto the Bono train again. I really needed to stop that.

"You look perfect as always Bono. What are you worried about? You're the best at flirting, this will be no problem for you. Just give Aids all the best you've got and she'll flip faster then Penny Jinkens after a shot of whiskey."

Bono grinned in surprise. "I thought that was a secret only us men knew."

"Well, think again Bono. Why do you think we hide the booze whenever Jenny's around? Anyway, are you ready now?"

He took a deep breath. "I think so." Running his hands through his hair, he smiled nervously at me. "I know I'm good at flirting, but it's never been asked for before. Usually it comes naturally."

"Let it come naturally this time too. Aids is good looking so you shouldn't have a problem."

"That's true." Bono looked relieved.

"Lets go then yeah?"

Bono nodded and together we walked back into the game.

In the living room Edge and Aids were snuggled on the couch together and I smiled. I saw Adam then and my smile widened. He'd fallen asleep sitting up, his chin rested on his chest and his glasses had slid forward, on the verge of falling off the tip of his nose.

I sat down next to him and carefully removed them and set them safely out of the way. Adam moaned quietly as I did and shifted to get more comfortable.

"Em, you guys aren't doing something you shouldn't are you?" Edge asked dryly. I rolled my eyes,

"Shh. No, Adam's fallen asleep is all."

"Oh. It is getting rather late. We should be off." He turned his head and placed a kiss on Aids temple, bringing a smile to her face. "Ready to go love?"

"Hmmm. I think so. I can barely keep my eyes open." Edge kissed her again and de tangled himself to stand.

"I'll just use the loo first. Am, do you think we should wake Adam?"

I glanced at Adam's sleeping face and my heart melted at the sight. "I don't want to but I guess so. Aunt K probably wouldn't let him stay." While I gently woke Adam up I watched Bono casually sit next to Aids. She smiled brightly at him, her smile faded a little though when Bono grinned back. I hoped she was prepared for what Bono had to give. The thought of being on the receiving end of Bono's charms (which I had..a lot) it made my palms start to sweat.

I pushed Adam's shoulder again and whispered, "Adam, get up."

"Mmph..noo...tired..don't wanna." Adam grumbled and wrapped his arms around me.

"Adam you've got to wake up and go home." He turned his head and buried his face against the side of my neck. I lost myself for a moment, just enjoying the feeling of having his arms around me and how safe he made me feel. I leaned into him briefly, breathing in his scent, before pulling back reluctantly.

"Adam..."

"You're my home, love. Mmm..can't I stay here?" His lips brushed my skin lightly with every word and I shivered.

I wanted Adam to stay. Very badly. Just having him close to me made me feel complete. If I could talk to Aunt K..there might be a way and I was willing to do it for Adam.

"I'll talk to Aunt K. Maybe you can have the couch for the night."

"Brilliant, love. " He sighed, placing a kiss just bellow my ear, he snuggled down and drifted off again. I gently pushed him off me and placed a pillow under his head as a replacement. I peeked at Aids and Bono and grinned.

Bono was smiling in that way that takes your breath away and makes you feel like the only woman in the world. Nothing else seemed as important when you had a guy looking at you that way. I felt a quick flash of jealousy that it wasn't me in Aids' place and almost laughed aloud at myself. Did I want Bono that badly? Why would I want Bono when I had Adam? Yet my eyes were drawn back to Bono and the way he was staring at Aids.

They looked like they were in their own little world now. Bono had Aids trapped with his stormy gaze and not only that either. He was holding both her hands in his and I was momentarily mesmerized by his thumb tracing patterns on the top of her hand.

Wow, he was taking it a bit far wasn't he? Aids seemed to be holding up well against him though. She looked stressed but was still smiling and leaning into Bono, which in turn made him lay him charms on even thicker.

Was it just me or was the temperature in the room getting higher? Luckily Aids managed to free herself from Bono just as Edge came back and they all stood to leave. Bono was grinning widely and Aids was trying not to look at him as she grabbed onto Edge. This was more then a game now. It was a challenge to see who could last the longest, and I was on both teams. I wanted Aids to win though, being beaten by Bono again was not something I would enjoy.

While Bono dug around in Adam's pants for the keys to van, and tried to ignore the noises Adam was making, I went off to find Aunt K.

I found her in her room and begged on bended knee if Adam could stay. Being the best Aunt in the world she was she said yes. But only if Adam stayed on the couch. She said this with a knowing look and I blushed and nodded as I made a hasty exit.

Aids was the only one waiting behind at the kitchen table when I walked in.

"Hey." I said. She turned to me, looking a little pale. "How're you holding up? Everything okay?"

"Terrible. Fine. Oh my god. Did you see what Bono was doing? I expected flirting but not like that!" She looked shaken and I felt a flutter of concern.

"If you don't want to go any further..."

"I do! Bono's not winning this one." She said fiercely, then went on in a softer tone. "It's only..well he's never looked at me like that before. It reminds me of when I really liked him. I'm kinda shaken."

I understood completely. All of us had gone through our loving Bono faze and it never really left you. And to think I had been jealous of her! And with my passed out boyfriend only a few feet away! Crap I really needed to get my hormones under control. This was getting ridiculous! In my mind I saw Aids and Bono sitting close and talking and suddenly wondered what they had been talking about.

"So what happened?" I was eager now to know the details and maybe telling me would help Aids get over the way Bono had effected her.

"Well, first Bono told me how beautiful I was looking. Then he went on to praise practically every part of my body..in detail." Aids wiped her brow.

"Holy mother of God. He didn't." I whispered.

"Yes he did. Then he took my hands in his and started giving me the 'look.' His hands...did you see what he did? I almost died on the spot. Damn him."

So I'd been wrong that telling me would help Aids out. It was only bringing it all back and she looked a little flushed and bothered. And now I couldn't get that image of what Bono's hands had been doing out of my head...hmm..maybe I could get Adam to do that. I pulled my mind out of the gutter and moved on to the plan.

"Did you get a chance to set up everything for tomorrow?"

"Yeah. I don't know where we're going to do it yet though. I'm calling Bono in the morning with the details."

"Why don't you have it here? I'm sure Aunt K wouldn't mind. And we might as well get in as much fun as possible before the dragon Lady and my Da get back.

"Are you sure?" Aids frowned. "I don't want you to get in trouble over this."

"Oh I wont. Don't worry about it. Lets say seven?"

"Perfect. Maybe I should avoid eye contact with Bono. It might help me not lose it completely." She smiled weakly.

"Stay strong Aids. You can do this. It's only Bono...." As soon as I said it I realized how odd it sounded and we both grinned.

"Only Bono!?" She said shocked. "Are we talking about the same man? God..he is a man isn't he? I felt his arm muscles when he leaned into me. I've never thought of Bono this way before. Shit." She started fanning herself with her hand and I laughed.

"Bono is a man, but you're a woman. You can beat him. And don't forget the brilliant man you have. Edge is perfect for you. For now though I think you should get a good nights sleep. I have the feeling Bono's going to ware you out tomorrow." I winked and Aids groaned.

"Why couldn't it be Larry?" She moaned. "I'd have an easier time resisting him."

"No, you wouldn't. As soon as you saw his eyes up close it'd be just as bad. I swear it's like staring into the sky sometimes. So beautiful." I let a small sigh escape and we both smiled.

"Em...I'm deciding that I didn't hear that comment. And you'd better leave it off there. If you start going on about Larry's hair I wont be pleased." Adam's lazy drawl startled me and I jumped guiltily. I turned to see him leaning against the door frame.

"I thought you were sleeping?" I smiled sheepishly at his raised eyebrow.

"I was. Had to piss. Where'd Edge and Bono go?"

The honking of the van horn answered his question and Aids jumped up.

"That's for me. I've got to go. Thanks for letting us use your van Adam." She hugged him quickly and he snorted.

"I don't recall doing that." Aids ignored this comment and turned to me.

"Thanks for everything Red. The party was fun" She grinned. "You'll have to do it again soon."

"Like hell I will." I grumbled as I returned her hug. Adam and I walked outside with her and waved as the van drove off, watching it disappear around the turn.

"I'm staying over tonight then?" Adam asked.

"Yeah. Aunt K said it was all right. As long as you stay on the couch."

"Feck. That ruins my plans then."

"Sorry. I would like to have it different but I don't want to risk it." Adam's disappointed shrug pulled at my heart strings, and I thought that I might be able to get around my Aunts rules. I inwardly snickered and couldn't wait to tell Adam...or maybe I'd make it a surprise.

"Em..what's going on with Bono and Aids?" He asked with a raised eyebrow, his voice muffled slightly behind the click of his lighter as he started yet another cigarette.

I fidgeted at his question and avoided eye contact. Telling Adam would bring another person into the loop and make things more complicated...or more interesting. I battled internally for a moment.

"If you don't tell me now I'll keep asking you." He paused to exhale a billowing cloud of smoke from his lungs. "And I'll just get louder and louder the longer you make me wait." He grinned, catching my flinch at his words.

I knew that now was the time, so I told him the whole story. I left out a few things here and there. He didn't need to know every embarrassing detail. Like about Edge's left behind piece of clothing. I felt my
cheeks coloring just at the thought of that. By the time I'd finished Adam was smirking in amusement.

"I guess I missed out on an exciting night. It was bloody boring from my point of view."

"I would've told you but Aids made me promise.." I frowned at Adam's silence, wondering if he was angry. Did he think I was keeping secrets from him besides that one? That maybe I didn't trust him? My stomach clenched painfully at the thought.

"Interesting." Adam's eyes narrowed at the corners in thought.

"What?" I watched him closely and wondered what I was about to hear.

Adam smacked his lips together briefly in that way he had and smirked. "I was thinking it's interesting that Aids and Edge were shagging in the kitchen and I never even heard a squeak."

"What!?" I gasped, my eyes widening and my jaw falling slack.

Adam smiled and flicked his spent cigarette across the lawn. "Why are you so shocked? Didn't you just finish telling me that?"

"No! They weren't in the kitchen! They were in my room-"

"Oh? Then how did these end up under the kitchen table?" Adam pulled Edge's underwear out of his back pocket and my heart stopped. Aids hadn't taking the bloody underwear!! Damn her! A part of me was angry that Adam had found them and another was relieved. If Aunt K had found them I'd never see the light of day again.

"Em...well Edge..he left them and I found..well actually Bono found them. Only he thought that Edge and I were.." Adam's eyebrows rose behind his glasses and I blushed. "It's not true. You know it isn't!" He tortured me for five long seconds before he grinned and nodded.

"Yeah I know." I released the breath I hadn't realized I was holding and decided to tell Adam the truth. The whole truth, and after this I'd never lie to Adam again because really it wasn't worth it. Not at all.
Old 09-28-2007, 12:11 PM   #34
Galeonbroad

Edge's underwear kinda go around a bit don't they?
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 09-28-2007, 12:37 PM   #35
ONE
love, blood, life

Okay here's another. Enjoy!

Chapter Eighteen

Humming to myself, I slipped out the front door and curled up on the porch swing. It was a beautiful morning, the sun was shining and there wasn't a cloud in sight. Sipping on my tea I let my thoughts run free.
Adam was one person who I thought of a lot. He was almost never out of my mind. Not even when Bono was draped all over me. I grinned to myself, thinking of last night and how much fun we all had together. I was lucky to have friends like that. Not many others had what we had.

Aids was probably my best friend. She'd been there for me since the very first day we'd met. Always ready with a joke to lighten the mood and always there when I needed her or vis versa. And now she had Edge. The more I saw them together the more I knew that they were made for each other. Edge with his calm exterior and shy demeanor, but on the inside beat the heart of a scientist, and a musician. Most people didn't see all the sides of Edge because either he chose not to let them of they didn't look close enough. But he was really one of the kindest people I had ever met.

And then there was Larry. Strong, wounded, and a heart of gold. He needed to be held close as much as he needed to push away. It had taken a long time to break through the walls he'd put up around himself, but once you did you were set for life. Larry was loyal if he was anything at all. As long as you didn't try to feed him any bullshit. He hated lying above all else. I'd learned that the hard way of course.

And I can't forget Bono. My lips twitched up into a small smile. No matter how hard I'd tried to block him out he'd still charmed, cheated, and cruised his way into my heart. One day I was adamant about holding him within arms length and the next day I was pulling him into a hug. He was such a character that I couldn't help but love him to pieces, but I could still get angry as hell at him too. Ali was his perfect match. She smoothed out his rough edges and brought him back down to earth when he threatened to fly too high. Bono had an opposite affect on Ali. He brought out the child in her. The adventurous side that wanted to go out and live life to the fullest. I hoped they'd be together for a long time.

I gulped down the last of my tea and sighed happily as I looked out over the yard. The flowers were starting to bloom and the tiny buds were opening to say good morning. I closed my eyes and sighed again.

"What are you thinking about?" I opened my eyes and smiled. Adam was standing in the open doorway. His clothes were adorably wrinkled and his face still had indents from the couch. Last night I'd waited until my Aunt was sound asleep before I'd snuck Adam into my room and we'd had some time alone.

Some very unbelievable mind blowing time alone. Later when he almost fell asleep next to me I had to drag him back out to the couch and make him promise to stay there. Seeing him like this so early in the morning made my heart flutter and I grinned.

"I'm thinking about Life. Care to join me?" I patted the spot next to me.

Adam ran a hand through his wild curls and grimaced. "Thinking this early will not be done properly until I have at least five gallons of coffee in my system. Can I sit with you instead?"

I scooted over to make room and he sat down with a sigh. "It's beautiful out here."

"It is isn't it? I love days like this." Closing my eyes again I took a deep breath, bringing in the smells of fresh cut grass and freshly bloomed flowers. "I love the smell of summer."

"Hmmm." Adam hummed a response and curled his arm around my shoulders as I sunk into his side.

"How'd you sleep?" I asked through a yawn.

"Before or after you molested me in my sleep?"

I slapped his chest. "Hey!"

He laughed. "I slept beautifully. Your couch is softer then I thought."

"Too bad you couldn't stay another night.."

"Why Amber are you asking my to move in with you?" Adam's voice was teasing but there was something that made me think he was a little serious. I lifted my head to see his face, and relaxed when I saw his easy grin.

"That's not funny. I thought you were serious..."

Adam chuckled as he shifted and placed a kiss on the top of my head. "Maybe I was serious.." He murmured into my hair.

I stiffened and pulled back. Searching his eyes I whispered, "Adam don't joke like that."

He raised an eyebrow, "What if I'm not joking?"

"I love you Adam, but I don't think either one of us is ready..." I trailed off, searching his face for some clue as to how he was feeling. "You're not ready for this..are you?" My stomach tightened at the thoughtful look on his face as he looked away. He turned back shortly and smirked.

"No, I'm not ready. I like to see your face look like that. All panicky..it's cute."

"What!? You bastard!" I pushed him roughly away from me and he laughed as he fell off the end of the swing and landed flat on his arse.

I sent him a scolding look which only made him laugh harder. "Ha. That'll teach you."

Adam stood up slowly, flinching and rubbing his backside.

"I'll have a bruise now. I've gotten more bruises on my arse in the last few months than I ever have before." He paused still rubbing his arse and grinning at me. "You think that it might have anything to do with your obsession with my bum?"

"I do NOT have an obsession with you bum!" I glared.

"Sure looks like it to me. If you want to touch it so badly all you have to do is ask Love."

My jaw dropped. "Feck off!"

"You're sounding like Larry now. You better be careful or you'll be scowling like him too." Ignoring the fact that I was sending him a very Larry like scowl already, he stretched his arms over his head and groaned. He glanced at my face and must've decided that he'd tested my patience long enough for one day and quickly changed the subject.

"I'm starving. Does borrowing your couch maybe include a spot of breakfast?" Adam looked so hopeful that I couldn't turn him down. And I knew that if I didn't feed him he would end up eating something disgustingly bad for him and that wouldn't do at all.

Sighing, I stood. "Sure. I'll fix you something. How does scrambled eggs, coffee and toast with jam sound?"

His eyes glazed over with hunger and he started drooling. "That sounds like heaven." He captured me in a hug and I struggled briefly but soon gave in to his soft kisses. I could never stay mad at him for very long anyway. Holding hands we went back inside and headed to the kitchen.

I sent Adam off to steal a shower while I fixed breakfast. Humming along to the tune in my head I went about cooking. It felt good and a little odd to be making Adam breakfast. He was my boyfriend yeah but last night he'd actually stayed the night. Was this what it would feel like if we did live together? I decided it was way to early for those thoughts and got back to cooking.

I was just setting the full steaming plates onto the table when Adam strolled in. His hair was still dripping and stray droplets slid down his face and neck. I put my tongue back into my mouth and wiped up the drool. Crap, Adam looked good like that.

Adam spied the food and grinned appreciatively. "Smells good."

"That's because it is good. Eat." I didn't have to tell him twice. He shoveled in the first bite and his eyes closed in ecstasy.

"I love you." He mumbled around his eggs and I giggled. Adam opened his eyes and smiled.

"My cooking isn't that good."

"Yes, it is." When Adam was done he sat back, groaning. "I'm stuffed. Thanks for that. Now..what's for dessert?" Smiling broadly he winked at me and I rolled my eyes.

"Don't you ever get enough Clayton?"

"Me?" He tilted his head to the side. "Never."

I gave in and kissed him soundly, then escaped to finish my toast.

"What are your plans for today then?" Adam asked, picking up a few crumbs off his plate with his finger tip.

I grinned, remembering about Aids and Bono. "Aids will be over later. We've got some scheming to do."

Adam rolled his eyes and chuckled. "Oh of course. What are you going to do?"

"I don't know. Well, actually I do know but I'm not telling you. In case you go blabbing to Bono."

"Did you ever think that you might be able to trust me?" Adam suggested dryly.

I pursed my lips, considering. "Yes, I do trust you, but this is about getting revenge. So it's just Aids and me against Bono."

"That's not fair. He's outnumbered." I shrugged and Adam narrowed his eyes contemplatively "Maybe Bono could use some friendly help?"

"No, Adam you can't!"

"Why not? I think there might be some pointers I could give him." That Clayton grin was back and it grated on my nerves. Adam wasn't supposed to help Bono! That would make things twice as hard for us. Damn him.

"Fine." I spat out. "But you'll never be able to beat us. We've got the best ideas."

Adam smiled smugly "We'll see."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that afternoon I arrived at the Village meeting place. Now it was moved to a field behind some old deserted buildings. I was the first one to arrive and stood in the middle of the green and brown waist high grass. A butterfly flew by my head and landed on a wild flower. I smiled as I watched it's yellow and brown wings flap in the breeze.

"Hello Red!" Hearing my name I turned and smiled at Gavin as he walked up to me. I noticed a figure walking next to him that I didn't recognize. Did we have another member?

Gavin trampled up to my side with the girl next to him. He was holding her hand and I raised a brow at this. The girl smiled at me shyly and I smiled back.

"Red this is Cat. Cat this is Red...she's the one I've been telling you about." Gavin's eyes twinkled above his grin as his arm wrapped around Cat's shoulders briefly before heading off in the other direction. He said he was leaving us to chat like hens. Cat sent him a glare and he whistled around his grin as he walked off.

"Nice to meet you Red." Cat offered her hand and I took it and shook it warmly.

"Hi Cat. You can call me Am if you want. Red is just my Village name."

Cat grinned. "I thought so. Did you pick it yourself?"

"Nope. Bono did. He had an obsession with my hair. He never stopped touching it. I thought I'd have to cut off a curl and give it to him so I could get some peace."

Cat laughed. "Well, Bono must really like you then. Is he your boyfriend?" Gavin had wandered far over to a nearby tree for a smoke and missed this question. Thank God. He'd have had a real laugh at that one.

"Bono? Um...no he's not." I grinned. "No matter how much he'd like that. I'm sure it's his fondest dream."

Cat, still smiling, was starting to look confused. I snorted. "Don't worry. Everything will make sense when you meet Bono. Either that or you'll be even more confused." I saw Cat's eyes stray to Gavin. "So..is Gavin your boyfriend?"

Cat blushed. "Yes, he is. We've only been seeing each other for a few days but I really like him. He wanted me to meet everyone and I admit I was curious to put names with faces." Grinning, she brushed her hair off her shoulder and leaned in closer. Her voice dropped as she admitted. "I thought you'd be a blonde."

"Really?" I found this hilarious for some reason and snorted out my laughter. "Why'd you think that?"

Cat shrugged, looking a little guilty. "With everything Gavin's been telling me I just pictured you that way. Maybe because he said how much Guggi likes you. I always picture him with a blonde." Cat bent down to pluck a wild daisy and placed it in her hair. She was completely unaware that she'd just told me something that shocked me into silence. I must've made some kind of noise though because she looked at me and frowned. "Are you all right?"

"Fine." I rasped.

Cat put a hand on my arm. "Are you sure? You look white as a ghost."

I choked on a laugh and shook my head. "No. I'm fine." I took a deep breath and another and another until I was calmed down.

"What's wrong?" Cat asked, looking concerned.

"I...nothing. I'll tell you later." I couldn't talk about it now. Not with Gavin coming back, now with Guggi walking by his side. My stomach clenched and Guggi looked at me at that moment and smiled. I caught my breath and smiled back. God but Guggi was very attractive. How had I not noticed that before? Well, I had...when we'd first gotten The Village together we'd spent a lot of time together. More time then two people who were only friends should. I'd felt something strong for him but it never occurred to me that he might feel the same way. And now..

"Hey Red." Guggi grinned as he slipped an arm around my waist. I stiffened at first but forced myself to relax. This was Guggi..sweet, caring, and a right pain in the arse sometimes, but still my friend.

"Hey Guggi. How're you? Everything okay?" I inwardly flinched at my impersonal tone. Feck. I had to act normal or he would know something was wrong.

"How am I?" He laughed and leaned in to kiss my cheek. "Who put that stick up your arse? You never ask me things like that. Who are you and what have you done with my Red?" I blushed fiercely and he laughed louder. "Now you're blushing? Okay..so what planet are you from? Can I come visit?"

I turned to him. We were about the same height and standing this close we were eye to eye. His turquoise eyes sparkled at me, his full mouth smiling widely and my gaze was drawn to an adorable dimple in his cheek that I'd never noticed before.

"Red?" I watched him lips form my name and swallowed heavily as I quickly looked away. What in the hell had I just been doing? Please tell me I did not just think about kissing Guggi. Oh my God. I was coming on to one of my best friends! I apparently had a serious problem with becoming aware of hidden attractions at the worst possible times.

"Hey, earth to Red? Where've you gone to?" Gavin asked, waving a hand in my face. I blinked. Gavin and Cat were both watching me and I blushed again. Guggi grinned cheekily and I wondered what he was so happy about. Oh no...he didn't notice what I was doing did he? Feck.

"Sorry. Off in dream land again. I'm back."

Guggi chuckled. "Too bad. I was hoping I'd have to use mouth to mouth to revive you."

My eyes widened and I couldn't stop the mental image of Guggi bending over me and snogging my face off. I inwardly groaned and realized I had to make some kind of response.

"Y-You wish Guggi." I cursed my voice for shaking like that. Guggi gave me a funny look and excused the two of us. He pulled me aside and Gavin and Cat moved away to greet Bono, Edge, and Aids as they trampled through the field.

"Is something bothering you?" Guggi asked me. When I avoided eye contact he grabbed my chin gently and forced my gaze to him. "Amber what is it?"

"It's nothing...." I broke our gaze and lowered my head.

"You're a terrible liar." He whispered and I slowly looked back up.

"I...Guggi..d-do you like me?" I saw surprise flicker over his face before he shuttered off his emotions. I'd have to remember to ask him how he did that. It could come in handy in these type of situations.

Guggi let go of my chin and stood back. "Where'd you hear that?"

"Um..that's not important. Is it true?" I stepped close to him and realized it was him now that broke eye contact. "Guggi..I thought about it once you know..a lot." That got his attention and he stared at me intently.
"You thought about me...like that?"

I smiled. "Yeah. For a long time. When we were first friends-"

"How about now?" He blushed. "Oh but you've got Adam now. Forget I asked.."

"I haven't thought about you like that in a long time but when I found out about your feelings then yes, I did just..I wondered.." I hesitated, not sure if I should go this far. I was risking a lot by doing this. And what was I doing exactly!?

"You wondered?" Guggi pressed, looking anxious.

I took a deep breath and forged on. "Well, I've sometimes thought of you like a best friend." His eyes lit up and I licked my lips without realizing it. "I wondered Guggi...if maybe we should..um...just to see you know...oh hell." I threw caution to the wind and reaching up I brushed his hair back from his face. His eyes watched my every move, his body staying completely still. I leaned in and his eyes widened when he realized what I was going to do. But he still didn't say anything and he didn't tell me to stop either.

"I just want to see..." I murmured, my breath brushing his parted lips. He nodded briefly and when I didn't move any closer he closed the gap between us to press his lips against mine.

I gasped against his mouth and closed my eyes. Pressing in, I parted my lips wider and with a groan Guggi slipped his tongue in to meet mine. He tasted like honey and I was momentarily lost in the flavor. I felt his tongue press against mine and I gasped again. It was a strange sensation. Here I was kissing Guggi and I didn't feel a thing. There was no spark or tingling like what happened when I kissed Adam. Instead I felt a pleasantness that came with kissing someone that I loved but wasn't in love with.

I felt his breath puff lightly on the side of my face and then we pulled apart. He licked his lips as he stared at me. I reached up and lightly brushed my lips with my fingers. Guggi followed my movements with his eyes.

"Well..."I mumbled, not quite sure what to say. Should I tell him that I didn't feel anything? Had it been the same or different for him?

"Well, is right. We should've done that years ago." He grinned widely.

What? Was he about to tell me that he liked the kiss? Crap, what do I do now?

"If we'd done that years ago it would've saved me a lot of grief." He chuckled and tugged on his shirt sleeve. I was really confused now. Seeing the look on my face Guggi cleared his throat and said solemnly, "If only we'd kissed earlier then I'd have known that we're bullocks together. No offense to you. I know you're a good kisser. And that was good, just no heat between us. Much like kissing my cousin." He shuttered and grinned at my blank look.

The awkwardness of the moment was lost on a wave of relief. I let my breath out if a rush. The absurdness of this whole thing hit me then. When the first giggle escaped, Guggi snorted. That really got me going and before long we were both laughing so hard we had to hold each other up.

"Oh my God!" I gasped out. "We're total bullocks at kissing! I can't believe it!" We fell to our knees as the laughter got louder.

"Like kissing my cousin I tell you!" Guggi howled as he fell onto his back, gasping. I fell onto my back next to him and held my stomach.

I gasped. "Ow..hurts..can't..breathe!"

"Me neither!" We both took deep breaths, calming down a little. As our laughter subsided with occasional bouts of giggles, I sighed and reached out to take his hand. I was still embarrassed about it all but it'd helped to laugh.

"We're still friends aren't we?" I chewed my lip, nervously waiting for his answer.

He turned his head, smashing his cheek into the prickly grass. I turned my head too and saw his soft smile.

"You'll not be getting rid of me that easily. We've been friends for so long I sometimes feel like you're a part of me." He blushed lightly at this admission. I was stunned but also so happy.

"I love you Guggi and I feel like you're a part of me too." I sniffed and my eyes started burning with unshed tears.

Panic spread across his face. "Don't cry! When woman get all weepy I never know what to do."

I glared. "I'm not all weepy." I sniffed again. "Just emotional."

"Hmmm. If you say so." He rolled into his side and propped himself up. He grinned down at me. I grinned back, the memory of our kiss causing a few giggles to surface.

"We should be getting back before Bono comes looking for us." He said, with a trace of regret in his voice.

Reality hit me hard and I groaned in alarm and sat up.

"Oh fuck! Do you think they saw us?"

"100% sure. At least Gavin did. Didn't you hear his cheering us on?" He flashed his cheeky grin again
"We're going to have to explain."

He raised one delicate eyebrow. "Why?"

"Why? Because we can't have them thinking that you and I...."

"Why not?" His face splitting grin made me glare and push him hard so that he lost his balance and fell onto his back. I hauled myself up and brushed off.

Guggi got up too and gave me a weird look. "Just out of curiosity...what would you have done if there was something between us?"

I paused in my brushing. I opened my mouth to answer but realized I was at a loss for words. What would I have done? What was I thinking doing something so stupid as kissing one of my best friends? I hadn't been thinking at all.

I looked at Guggi and shrugged. "I would've dealt with it when it happened I guess, but it didn't so I have no idea."

He barked out a laugh. "So why'd you kiss me?"

"If you recall it was you who made the move to kiss me." I folded my arms and sniffed.

He rolled his eyes. "Whatever. What made you make the first move then?"

I dropped my arms and sighed. That's the one question I hadn't even asked myself.

"I honestly don't know. When I heard that you liked me those old feelings surfaced." I glanced at him and blushed when I saw his cocky grin. "I just wondered what would happen if we did kiss so..I did. Or rather WE did." I felt embarrassed again and prayed for the ground to open and swallow me up. Guggi's arms did that instead. He pulled me against him and rested his chin on my shoulder.

"Don't be embarrassed Red. It was one bloody good kiss. My favorite part was the tongue action." I gurgled out a laugh and reached up to return his hug. Things were a big mess at the moment and it felt good to be held.

"Uh oh..." He murmured into my hair. "I think we've got trouble."

I pulled away and followed his gaze. My stomach flipped when I saw Aids and Bono coming our way.

"What should we say?" Guggi asked out of the corner of his mouth. He brushed off the last clumps of grass and schooled his face into a calm smile.

"Tell the truth...or not say anything. What do you think?"

"Lets not say anything and have some fun with them."

I grinned and shook my head. "I'd love to, but what did you have in mind?"

"Just follow my lead." He whispered as Bono and Aids marched up to us. When Guggi put his arm about my waist I had to bite the inside of my cheek to keep from grinning crazily.

"Hey guys." Guggi smiled casually.

"Hey." Aids smiled knowingly at me. "What are you guys doing over here?"

"We saw you." Bono snickered. "Nice snogging."

"Oh you saw that?" Guggi's smiled widened at their nods. "Oops. I guess we'll have to be more careful about that. Wont we Am?" Bono's eyes narrowed as his gaze turned to me.

I smiled. "I guess so. Sorry you had to see that. You wont tell Adam will you? He doesn't like it when I make my affairs to obvious."

Bono's eyes widened slightly, "Adam knows?"

Aids rolled her eyes, "No Adam doesn't know. They're fucking with us."

"Oh..." Bono frowned. "Then why were you kissing?"

"Cause we like to?" Guggi offered as a wicked smiled traced his lips.

"This is very amusing but we've got to start the meeting now." Bono waved back at the group that was waiting impatiently. "So can we talk about your hot and steamy love life later? I don't think there's much we don't know about anyway. Even the birds on O'Connell street are chirping madly about it."

"Um..huh?" I stared blankly at Bono.

"Yes yes we know all about your affair." Aids grinned. "I see the way you look at each other when you think no one's looking."

"Huh?" I stared back and forth and realized they were only teasing us when Bono's mouth twitched. That was always a sure sign that he was dying to laugh about something.

"You wankers." Guggi snorted. "I almost thought you were serious."

"Did you?" Bono chuckled, looking pleased with himself. "We're mighty convincing then."

"Yeah I guess so." Aids smirked at my relieved sigh.

"What did you really think when you saw us?" I asked as we all walked back to the group.

"I thought you were finally giving in to your animal instincts and shagging outside." Bono said, shrugging.

Guggi grinned wolfishly. "I wish mate."

My eyes widened. "You do? But I thought you said...." I didn't want to repeat anything with two pairs of eager ears so close by. Especially Bono seemed to be hanging on our every word.

Thankfully Guggi knew what I was talking about and his grin softened. "I still think you're one of the most beautiful woman around and I'd be lucky to have you. Especially for a roll in the hay." He winked.

"Ha ha." I punched his shoulder. "Thanks for the compliment though. That's very sweet." We shared a secret smile, until I noticed Aids watching us closely and I looked away, blushing.

"Can we get the meeting started already?" Bono pouted.

"Yes can we?" Edge asked, walking up to us and slipping an arm around Aids. Cat and Gavin were already sitting on a space they'd cleared of grass and I joined them. Cat turned to me and smiled.

"Hey Cat. Thanks for telling me about Guggi."

Cats eyes widened. "What? Oh my god! You mean you didn't know?" She looked horrified.

"No, I didn't know, but I'm glad you told me."

"You are? Why..do you like him too?" She smiled. "Are you a couple now?"

"Um..no. We're really good friends but that's all."

"But..that kiss..."

"Oh you saw that?" I blushed.

Gavin leaned in and snorted. "Did we see that? Yes, we saw that bloody hot snog you and Guggi were going at under the tree!" Everyone in the circle snickered. I caught Guggi's eye and he smiled. He didn't seem bothered by any of this so why should I? Just because I kissed one of my best friends. And the fact that Adam would probably find out and I would have some definite explaining to do. Nope I shouldn't be bothered. Not at all. Feck.

Bono called a close to the meeting after about an hour and I realized I'd probably only heard a few minutes of it. Most of the time I'd been thinking about Adam and that kiss with Guggi. I still didn't know why exactly I'd done something like that but it was done and I couldn't take it back. I wasn't sure that I wanted to anyway.

Nothing more would come of it so why was I feeling so guilty? Was it because I'd kissed Guggi knowing that he liked me and that maybe there could be more between us? Or was it because just that morning I'd been thinking that Adam was the one I wanted to be with and then a few hours later I was kissing another guy? Inwardly groaning, I decided to try and forget about it for now.

I stood and brushed off the grass and dirt for the second time that day. Once again I pictured and felt Guggi's kiss. The brush of his lips, his hands holding me...I sighed and firmly pushed it away. Still brushing my backside I glanced up and caught Guggi's eye again. He grinned mischievously and I knew he was thinking about earlier too. At least I wasn't the only one. I smiled back and shooed him away with my hand.

Ignoring my shooing he strolled over. "Nice meeting wasn't it?" Oh Crap. Now he was going to know I hadn't heard a thing because I was too busy thinking about him!

"Yeah...brilliant." I said, hoping that would be enough. He was letting me off that easily.

"What was your favorite part?" Waiting patiently for my answer he brushed at his blond hair and I lost my train of thought. Why did I have to be so attracted to guys with long hair anyway? It was very dangerous when you had so many friends in the music business. They all had freakishly long hair and I could hardly keep the drooling at bay.

He was still waiting and I blurted out, "Everything. I liked everything."

Guggi laughed. "You didn't hear a word of it did you?"

"That's not true..I heard..I heard Bono welcoming Cat."

His eyes were laughing at me. "Anything else?"

"yes..um...eh..oh all right. Crap. No, I didn't hear anything."

He snorted. "Thought so. Neither did I." I blinked and he leaned in and kissed my cheek. "See you around Red." I watched him walk away and my stomach twisted. He was so sweet and caring. It wasn't fair that I couldn't be with both Adam and Guggi. Wouldn't that be a perfect world? I abandoned those thoughts as hopeless and moved over to where Aids and Edge were standing.

"Hey guys. Did Bono leave already?"

"Yeah." Aids grinned. "He said he had something important to do later." Ha ha. Meaning he was going to try and make Aids crack. In his dreams. We both glanced at Edge to see if he was catching on to any of our plans but he looked clueless. I thought that was a little strange. Knowing Edge like I did I thought he would at least be asking us questions by now. Was he up to something? I watched him with narrowed eyes but shrugged it off when he seemed like his normal self.

Aids looked at Edge too and shrugged. She glanced back at me and winked.

"So I'll see you in about an hour?"

"You bet." I grinned. The excitement was almost too much. Maybe we were finally going to get away with something. The teasing between Aids and Bono was about to get very heated and I inwardly snickered when I thought about the fun that was ahead of us.
Old 09-28-2007, 12:38 PM   #36
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Galeongirl
Edge's underwear kinda go around a bit don't they?

Yep
Old 09-28-2007, 04:50 PM   #37
ONE
love, blood, life

Chapter Nineteen

"How can you be thinking about Guggi like this when the day before yesterday you were so in love with Adam that you slept with him!?" Aids glowered at me accusingly.

"I. Don't. Know!!!" I gripped my hair in my fists and tugged. "Maybe I'm going insane. That's the only explainable reason for this. I haven't thought about Guggi like this in so long! Why does it have to be back now!?" I paced around my room madly while Aids watched from my bed where she was laying on her stomach.

"You know it might have helped if you told me about your feelings for Guggi a long time ago. Why didn't you?"

"How could I? You were dating him!" I pulled my hair harder, remembering one of the worst nights of my life. Last year I'd fallen so hard for Guggi that everything else seemed inconsequential. I'd looked forward to the time we spent together and hung on his every word. I was his groupie. So when you feel that way about someone the last thing you want is to walk into a room and see him with your best friend. Painful is an understatement.

Aids jumped up off my bed and exploded. "I never dated him!! I told you that!"

I gritted my teeth and got in her face. "Then why did you go to the dance with him?! Why did I see you holding hands and kissing!?"

Aids rolled her eyes. "Are you still on about that!? For fecks sake! The only reason we held hands was because we're friends and that's all! And that kiss you think you saw was only a little peck on the cheek! And the reason that we went together in the first place is because both of our dates canceled and he asked me!" After her heated outburst Aids flopped onto the edge of the bed and proceeded to glare at me.

I stopped pacing and stood in front of her. "You never told me that..."

Aids folded her arms. "I never told you because...because my date was...Mmph." I raised my eyebrows and Aids looked away.

"I'm sorry I didn't catch that last part. Your date was...?"

She sighed and looked up at the ceiling, her cheeks turning a light pink. "Larry. It was Larry."

My jaw dropped. "Larry? You..you.." The rest of my words were lost as I collapsed onto my bed and laughed my arse off. Gasping I looked up at her pink face and managed to get enough control to say, "That's a real funny one Aids. Oh my God...Larry!" I sat up, wiping the tears away and snorting. "I'll have to tell that one to Adam."

Aids glared, "I'm not joking. Larry and I almost ended up together."

My eyes bulged. Larry and Aids?! If there was ever two people who I never thought would be together, it was those two. How in the hell was it even possible for that to happen? It felt like Larry had been with Anne forever.

I shook me head and sat down next to her on the bed. "You and Larry? How? When? I didn't even know he liked you like that!"

"Yeah well, I didn't know that Guggi liked you. I guess we don't know everything about each other like we thought. How long has Guggi liked you?"

I grinned. "Oh no I don't think so. You're not changing the subject that easily. Tell me everything. Including all the juicy details."

Aids groaned and flopped onto her back. Laughing, I joined her and rolled onto my side. This we going to be good, I could tell already. And I was feeling deprived from juicy gossip. The only thing going on lately was my own twisted problems with Adam and Guggi..and Bono. Oh crap of course you just had to go there didn't you Am? Great now I'm talking to myself again. I flipped my hair back and pushed those thoughts away for now.

Aids was still quiet and I narrowed my eyes at her. "Come on. Dish the dirt."

She sighed, "Oh all right, but you can't tell a soul. Especially not Edge."

My eyes widened. "Edge doesn't know?"

"Nope..not about the kiss anyway. I never thought it would be a good idea to tell him and I threatened to tell everyone about Larry's little potty problem if he told anyone."

I grinned. "Nice one. Okay I promise."

Aids took a deep breath and closed her eyes. "Hmm...It started when Larry and I accidentally kissed-"

I sat up suddenly. "Excuse me!? How do you accidentally kiss someone?"

"Oh I don't know. How about like you and Guggi?" Aids raised an eyebrow.

I grimaced. "That was completely different circumstances. I knew that Guggi liked me.." I gasped when Aids smiled. "You knew that Larry liked you?"

"Yep."

"How'd you find that out?" I suddenly had a craving for a bowl of popcorn. This was even better then the movies.

"Edge told me about Larry liking me. At first when Edge came up to me I thought he was going to tell me that he liked me, so when he said it was Larry I was kind of shocked."

"Uh..yeah! What happened then?"

"I confronted Larry by kissing him."

"Oh my god! So what..you just walked up to him and snogged him?" I laughed at the mental picture of Aids walking up and grabbing Larry's face. He wouldn't even know what hit him. Somehow they didn't seem to make a good couple in my head, but what did I know? It could work...wait what was I thinking? Aids had Edge and Larry was so dedicated to Anne it was sickening sometimes.

Aids shifted, putting her hands behind her head and studying the ceiling. "It was sort of like that. I caught up with him after school one day and pulled him behind the oak tree. You know the big one by the gate?" I nodded, completely entrapped by her story. She shrugged. "So I pulled him behind the tree and kissed him. I don't think he knew who it was at first because he pushed me away but then he saw me and pulled me back. We made out for almost a half hour."

"No, you did not!" I grinned widely. This was way too good to be true.

Aids turned to grin at me. "Yes, I did. Yes, WE did. It was nice..he's a good kisser."

"Wish I knew."

Aids laughed. "Well, I could ask him to-"

"I'd kill you! Get on with the story! What happened after the make out session?"

"He was embarrassed and blushing, then he asked me out to the dance. We decided not to tell anyone for a little while. Just to see how things would go." Aids looked a little sad then and I frowned.

"What happened then?"

"Nothing."

"What'd you mean? Why couldn't he take you to the dance?" I was a real romantic person and whenever a love affair went wrong I thought of how unfair the world was to keep people apart. I'm a complete sap, I know.

"He was busy. He had a family event to go to. When he got back he'd met Anne and the rest is history."

"Hold ON. When Larry left for his family thing you two were together?

Aids shrugged. "I don't know. We never really talked about it. We hadn't even told you guys. When he got back he told me about Anne. I wasn't that upset. I wanted to tear him limb from limb of course but I got over it."

I felt an anger build in me towards Larry for making Aids feel that way, and she hadn't had anyone to talk to about it. "Larry should be killed!" I snarled.

Aids laughed. "Relax. It's over. It happened forever ago. I'm over it."

"How can you have not done something? Said something!?" Aids just stared at me and I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose. "Okay so it's over. What exactly did he say when he got back?"

"He told me about Anne right off. How much he cared about her. Apparently a weekend with her was enough to wash out his feelings for me. Fortunately for him I respected him enough as a friend to not geld him right then.

"You have more control then I do." I said dryly and Aids smiled thinly.

"Well, I did plan to get my revenge on him. I had the perfect plan to break them up."

What was it?" I asked with wide eyes.

Aids shook her head. "Doesn't matter what it was. In the end I couldn't do it. And after that when Guggi asked me to the dance I was just relieved that I wouldn't have to go alone."

"Damn. I'm sorry that happened. Larry had no right to treat you like that." I scowled down at my comforter. The longer I thought about it the more irritated with Larry I got. Why'd he just blow her off like that? And hadn't Larry met Anne at school? I'd never heard anything about a family trip being the place they met. What really happened? I pondered these thoughts for a while, and Aids went through my closet, looking for a sexy dress to wear for Bono later.

"Just when I thought I knew everything." Aids snorted and I looked up from my thinking. "Just when I think I'm on top of life I get another pile of shite on my head."

"What do you mean?" I stood up and walked over to the closet.

"I mean with you and Guggi and me and Larry. It's so fucked up sometimes isn't it?" I snorted and sighed as I ran my hands over my face tiredly.

"Hey.." I lowered my hands and saw Aids was holding one of my favorite jackets and as I watched she reached into one of the pockets and pulled out an envelope. It had my name on it. She looked up at me and held it out. "What's this?"

I shook my head as I took it from her. "I don't know..." I opened it carefully and poured the contents into my hands. We both gasped at what we saw. There was a single picture and a folded piece of paper. The picture was of Guggi and me at a bonfire party. Probably one that we'd had during the early days of The Village. Guggi and I were sitting closely on a stump, our faces close together and I was laughing. Probably at one of his jokes. He always seemed to make me laugh. Guggi was smiling at me and as I looked at it I couldn't miss the look on his face. It was a look of adoration. I'd only ever seen that look on Adam's face once and I remembered clearly that it had been one of the most memorable moments, and at the time I'd thought that Adam was the only person to ever look at me like that. I was wrong. I felt my eyes burn.

"Oh my God." Aids whispered as she picked the picture up and looked at it closely. "When was this taken?"

"Um.." I sniffled and wiped my eyes. "At a Village party I think. It..it must've been last year. Some time in the summer I think."

Aids brushed her thumb over the surface. "How could you have missed this? It's so obvious that he likes you!"

"I don't know. I just..don't know. That's not all that was in there. Look" I held out the folded piece of paper that also had my name on it.

Aids took it gingerly. "Aren't you going to open it?"

I shook me head. "No."

Aids eyes widened. "No? Why not?"

"I don't want to know what it says. I can't be with Guggi...I love Adam too much. I feel bad enough that I kissed Guggi. And it's not right either for me to be reading something he wrote to me so long ago."

"Have you lost your mind? You have to read it! It might be something important!" She held the note up and looked me straight in the eye. "This note might contain what you've been looking for. His true feelings..the answer you've been wanting. Can you pass that up?"

I rolled my eyes. "Not when you put it like that!" I took it back to open it, then hesitated. "I don't know...his feelings could've changed over time. What if he doesn't feel the same way as he did when he wrote this? Isn't it rude to read it?"

"He wrote it to you didn't he? He thinks you've already read it..."

I stared hard at it and bit my lip. "Right." I sighed and crumbled it in my fist before I could change my mind.

"What did you do that for!?" Aids cried and took it from me. She unfolded it carefully and tried to smooth it out.

I shrugged, "You can read it if you want but don't tell me what it says."

"You'll be begging me to tell you what it says and you know it." Aids quickly scanned the note and her eyes widened before she looked up. "You sure you don't want to read this?"

I swallowed and nodded. "I'm sure."

"Okay, but I'm going to keep it in case you change your mind-"

"I'm not going to change my mind." I didn't say it quite as firmly as I wanted but it was good enough. Aids shrugged and slipped the note into her pocket. I sighed and glanced at the clock. "Shit! We don't have much time before Bono gets here."

Aids groaned. "Oh fuck. I forgot for a minute. All this drama about Guggi and Larry totally threw me off."

"We can cancel it today if you want. Bono would be willing to do it another day I think-"

"No way. This is happening today. I've been looking forward to fucking with Bono's head." Aids snickered.

"That's the spirit!" I patted her on the back and turned back to my closet. "Did you find what you want to wear?"

"Not yet. Hmmm...let me see..." We searched around until Aids spotted a dress she fell in love with on the spot. It was deep green, knee length and had a very flattering neck line. Aids tried it on and twirled in a circle. "What do you think?"

I grinned. "Beautiful. He'll pass out as soon as he sees you." I fixed a sleeve and eyed her in the mirror. "I'm completely jealous. You look much better in it then I do."

Aids laughed. "I do? She looked up then. "How're you feeling?"

I blinked. "What do you mean?"

She tilted her head to the side. "I mean about Adam and Guggi."

My throat constricted. "I just want to forget about it. That kiss...it was nice but there wasn't any spark so what's the point?"

Aids looked thoughtful as she turned to me. "I'm going to tell you something and if you repeat it I'll completely deny it, but I think you need to hear it."

This was unexpected. I wasn't sure I could deal with anymore surprises but something told me this might help. "Okay, what is it?"

Aids took a deep breath. "You know how much I love Edge?" I nodded. "Well, when we had our first kiss it wasn't perfect with fireworks going off and all that."

I frowned. "What?"

"Our first kiss wasn't very good either. Actually it wasn't until our third or fourth kiss that things really got good." Seeing the slack jawed look on my face Aids snorted. "Well, what did you expect? Edge isn't very experienced in that area and we were both nervous. That has a lot to do with it."

I was wrong. This wasn't helping. Not one little bit. "Aids why would you tell me that?! You're saying I should go and kiss Guggi again just to make sure?"

"I never said anything. That came from your mouth not mine."

"I thought you were on Adam's side in all of this!?"

"I'm not on anyone's side." Aids took my hand and squeezed. "I want you to be happy. All I'm saying is that maybe you should give them both a fair chance. Guggi is a special guy. He deserves to be happy too."

"Aids I know that, but what about Adam? I can't break his heart for a chance that there might be something with Guggi. It's not like I'm shopping for a pair of shoes! I'm certainly not going to go around trying on other guys to see if they fit better then Adam!"

"WHAT!?" Aids laughed in surprise and I blushed.

"You know what I mean."

"I know." Aids smiled. "I can't tell you what to do but I can tell you what I would do. I'd think about my options carefully, and wait for my heart to tell me what the right thing to do is." My mind whirled with images of Adam and Guggi and my stomach was in knots. I'd managed to get myself into another mess and this one was by far the biggest.

~~~~

I was just putting on the finishing touches of Aids makeup when my Aunt stuck her head in and smiled at us. "Oh you girls look so pretty. Amber dear you've got another guest."

"Bono!?" Aids gasped. "He's here already?" She scrambled around, fixing her hair and checking her face.

"No dear it's not Bobo. It's a lovely girl named Cat."

I laughed. "Okay Aunt K first of all it's Bono not Bobo and Cat's here?"

"Yes, dear. You know I can never keep all your new names straight. Why you choose to change them I'll never understand." I rolled my eyes as I followed her down the hall.

Cat was standing in the living room, looking around when I walked in. She turned to me and smiled.

"Hey Am."

"Hi Cat." I grinned.

"I hope you don't mind that I came over. I wanted to see if you wanted to go hang out somewhere tonight. Gavin's busy with rehearsing."

"Course I don't mind. The more the merrier, but I can't go out tonight. We've got a thing with Bono..."

"Oh. What are you doing?"

I stared at her for a second before grinning. "You want to join us in getting back at Bono?"

She raised her eyebrows. "Depends...what'd he do in the first place?"

"That would take all night to explain. Lets just say that he's arrogant, extremely annoying and he's got us so many times it's our turn to get a little revenge." Cat pursed her lips, thinking and then she nodded.

"I'm in. What can I do?"

I rubbed my hands together and grinned evilly."How're you at applying mascara?"

~~~~~

"You're all fucking mental."

"Shh! They'll hear us!"

"What the fuck does it matter!? They know we're in here!" Larry's exasperated growl made me roll my eyes and Cat giggled. We'd hidden ourselves in my closet a few minutes ago when Aids and Bono had moved into the bedroom. I'd had to practically drag Larry by the collar but I finally managed to get him in. Now the three of us were squashed into a four by four feet space and we had one very irritated drummer on our hands.

Cat and I were closest to the door and Larry was in the back. He muttered under his breath every once in a while but I'd decided to ignore him. Cat on the other hand kept asking him if he was all right.

"Cat, one piece of advice. Don't ever give Larry a reason to complain. He'll talk you to death."

"Excuse me but I will remind you that I agreed to get in here with you!" Larry said and I snorted and scooted closer to the door. It was open a crack wide enough for us to see out and catch all the action going on.

Aids was nervously fixing her hair again in my dresser mirror while Bono left to use the loo. Larry sighed heavily from the back and shifted, pushing us all forward.

"Hey! Watch it." I grumbled when my nose banged against the door.

"Larry would you mind not stepping on my foot?" Cat asked politely and Larry just growled.

"It wont be much longer. Bono wont last very long." I murmured.

"How'd I get sucked into this anyway? One second I'm minding my own business and the next I've got two crazy woman pulling me towards this hell hole."

I rolled my eyes in the semi darkness. "Larry why are you so grumpy today? Lighten up and have some fun."

He snorted sarcastically. "Fun?"

"Yes, FUN. Relax and enjoy yourself."

"How can I relax when I'm hunched over in a closet, in the dark, with you both, and I'm pretty sure I've got a coat hanger stuck up my arse!"

Cat and I laughed, covering our mouths to muffle the noise. "Lar it's not that bad and the more you think about it the worse it's going to be so lets try to make the best of it okay?"

"Mmph."

"It might help to think of something you like to do." Cat suggested and Larry sighed.

"How about getting out of here?"

Cat nodded and shifted slightly, trying to find a more comfortable position. "Whatever makes you happy. Why don't you try not being so annoyed with everything?"

"I'm not annoyed! I'm perfectly content. Can't you tell?" Larry scowled and reached up to brush his hair back. On the way down his elbow smacked Cat in the face and she cried out in pain. "Oh fuck! Cat are you okay?"

"Shit! Cat where'd he hit you?" I reached out for her and glared at Larry. "Why'd you hit her?"

Larry shook his head, his face tight with anxiety and I felt bad for snapping at him "My elbow..I didn't mean too."

Cat lightly fingered her eye and flinched. "It's not that bad."

"Ouch. Looks like you'll have a black eye. That'll be hard to explain. When you tell people don't mention the fact that it was Larry. It might not look too good if you say you were in a closet with a guy." Her eye was already looking a little red and I chewed my lip nervously. "Maybe we should get you out of here so you can put some ice on that."

"No way! I'm can't miss all the good stuff! I want to see Aids and Bono." She lifted her chin stubbornly and didn't look like she was going to back down so I had no choice but to nod and turn back, carefully, to look out the door.

"Are you nervous Am?" Larry's question surprised me and I looked back at him.

"Why do you ask that?"

"You seem tense and you've been biting your lip the whole time. You always do that when something's bothering you."

He was right. I was nervous and scared, but not about this. About that stupid note that we'd found. I couldn't stop thinking about it. Wondering what Guggi had written to me all that time ago. Was it a poem maybe? Or a love letter? It was also possible that it was only a friendly note saying hi or something silly. I should've read it. Should have made Aids give it to me. I felt better if I thought that Aids was keeping it from me. That way I wouldn't be able to think of simply asking her for it. Even though that's exactly what I'd wanted to do ever since I saw my name on that piece of damn paper.

I sighed and realized Larry was waiting for an answer. "I was thinking." Jeez how long did it take to go to the bathroom? Bono seemed to be taking an extra long time. Maybe he was as nervous as Aids was.

Cat pushed up against me and lowered to her knees to look through the crack, and I squeezed back closer to Larry.

"What were you thinking about?"

"Huh?" I was deliberately stalling for time to think up something. I couldn't tell him the truth. I wasn't stupid after all. Although lately that opinion might be changing. At least in my own mind.

"I was just wondering. If something's bothering you...or you need to talk..." Larry looked uncomfortable and I smiled.

"Oh. That's sweet Lar, but I don't think you can help me. Unless you know how to get rid of unwanted crushes?" This statement got me the focused attention of both Larry and Cat.

Larry stared at me and slowly shook his head. "Sorry, can't help you. If I could help that problem I'd be a millionaire."

"You like someone else? Aren't you seeing Adam?" Cat asked, scooting closer to me, if that was possible.

"Um..yeah. To both questions." I smiled weakly.

Larry cleared his throat quietly, "Who is it?"

"No fair Larry. If I answer you then I get to ask you a question."

"Seems fair." He nodded. "So?"

"Crap.." I sighed. "You can't tell, either one of you." I added with a pointed look at Cat. I wasn't sure if she caught it but then she nodded. "Guggi. It's Guggi..."

"Interesting." Larry smiled. "Your taste is improving at least."

"Shut up. Adam is wonderful. And Guggi is..just as wonderful." I flinched as soon as the words were out of my mouth. I knew I was sounding like a love sick idiot but I couldn't help it. I blushed and turned my face away from Larry's smirk.

"Wow it must be some crush you have on him. This crush doesn't have to do with that snog you had with Guggi under the tree today does it?"

Cat gasped and whispered, "How'd he know?" I shook my head. Larry wasn't at the meeting so the only way he could know was if someone told him...my blood ran cold at the thought.

"Who told you?"

"Positive you want to know?"

"Yes! Tell me or I'll hurt you!" I fisted the front of his shirt and he laughed, his eyes crinkling at the sides.

"First of all there's no way you could hurt me. Second, don't even try because I'll take you down. Third...Edge told me."

"EDGE!?"

"Shh!! They'll hear you remember?" Larry smirked widely and I growled and tightened my grip.

"I'm going to kill Edge."

Larry grinned. "Can I help?"

I glared and Cat gasped "Look!" I let Larry go and turned to see what was going on. Aids was walking towards us and looking pissed. She stopped in front on the door and hissed at us through the crack.

"What are you guys yelling about in there?! Keep it down!"

"Sorry. It's all Lawrence's fault." I shot Larry a glare. "Is Bono coming back yet?"

"No..I think he might have jumped out the window."

Larry grinned. "That sounds about right. He'd rather be splattered all over the sidewalk then make out with you."

Aids cocked her head. "Oh really Lawrence? That's not what you said when we made out is it? Or have you forgotten?"

Larry's face flushed and I sniggered. Cat shook her head. "Wow...it's amazing how much you can learn while in a closet."

"You got that right." I laughed. Aids snorted and I sobered at the nervous look on her face. "How're you feeling?"

"Me? Oh I'm fabulous. I can't stop sweating, my heart feels like it's going to pop out of my chest and on top of that...I think I'm going to puke."

"If she tosses her cookies I'm out of here." Larry grumbled and Cat agreed.

"That's not going to happen. Aids, everything will be perfect." I tired desperately to reassure her. "You're worrying over nothing. I bet Bono wont even make it past the kissing." What little color that was in Aids face drained.

"Past the kissing!?" She raged.

"Uh oh." Cat whispered and Larry sighed and covered his eyes.

"What do you mean past the kissing!? I thought you said Bono would crack right away? What's next..groping? What then? We'll end up in bed together! Then Edge will walk in and see us in bed and..and he'll never forgive me! Oh my god! I've lost Edge now and it's all your fault for making me kiss Bono in the first place!!" Larry and Cat exchanged incredulous looks. I blinked in confusion and pushed my way out to hurry to her side.

"Aids! Get a hold of yourself! None of that have happened! You haven't even kissed Bono yet!"

"I know that!" She snapped. "I'm only thinking of what could happen." She looked a little more like herself and I relaxed. She'd had me scared for a second there. I helped her fix her hair and slipped back into the closet.

"Can't I leave now?" Larry complained, rubbing the back of his neck irritably. "My neck is getting stiff."

I bit my lip and tried to think of something that would make him want to stay. "Lar no you can't leave, because I haven't asked you my question yet and you can't you just..." I stopped when Cat hissed and pointed.

"Bono!" She whispered and I gasped and scooted closer to the door. I leaned in and pressed my face to the crack. Cat pressed up against it too and waved back at Larry. "Come over Larry. There's room for you."

"No fucking way."

"Suite yourself." I whispered and grinned. The show was about to start.

Bono and Aids were standing close and shifting nervously around, but getting closer to each other.

"Oh no I can tell this is going to be embarrassing." Cat cringed and I nodded.

"Finally something interesting then." Larry said as he moved forward. "Make some room." He nudged me aside lightly and pressed his face next to mine, cheek to cheek. I inhaled sharply at the close contact. Then my focus was all for Aids and Bono.

Bono cleared his throat nervously, "Aids you look particularly nice today. I like your dress."

"Thank you. You look very handsome Bono. Is that new cologne?" Aids reached out to brush her fingers over his sleeve and smiled easily. She wasn't fooling me though. I could tell how tense they both were.

"Yes, it is...do you like it? I wore it just for you." Bono stepped closer and licked his lips enticingly. Aids swallowed thickly, but held her ground. It was now or never.

When Bono's lips brushed Aids' I couldn't hold back my surprised squeak. This was all so unreal. I felt Larry breathe out slowly and I knew he was being effected by this too. As for Cat I didn't hear a thing from her and I wondered if she was breathing at all.

"Calm down Love. It's not going to hurt." Bono's soothing voice whispered into Aids' ear as his arms slipped around her waist and pulled her closer to him. She managed a smile and wrapped her arms around his neck. Bono pulled back to kiss her sweetly.

"I'm calm Bono. A little excited too. Aren't you?" She spoke softly against Bono's mouth and threaded her fingers through his thick hair. I saw his shiver and grinned.

"He's cracking already." I whispered.

"No, he's not." Larry murmured. "He's only warming up."

"Feck." I cursed, knowing that Larry knew Bono very well and he might be right. I mentally sent out thoughts to Aids. Hold on. Hold on. Don't let Bono win! Not after all we've been through!

"Oh Aids." Bono sighed huskily, brushing kisses over her face. "You don't know how long I've wanted this." He moved to start nuzzling Aids neck and she sighed and shifted to give him better access.

"Really B? I'm so glad you feel that way. I've been in love with you for so long I've almost forgotten when it happened."

Bono pulled back, looking wary. "You l-love me?"

Aids blushed and reached up to brush her fingers lightly over his cheek. "Of course I do. I wouldn't want you to make love to me if I didn't."

"What!?" Bono voice was high and squeaky and Aids looked like she was finally getting into the swing of things.

She pulled her hand back, pouting. "Am I moving too fast for you? We could slow things down if you want. Or..we could stop all together.."

Bono swallowed and smiled thinly. "No, I don't want that." He pulled her back into his arms. She looked up at him and smiled sweetly. "I want to know everything about you Love." His brilliant blue eyes entrapped hers and wouldn't let go. "I want to feel you. I want to know what it feels like to be one with you." Bono leaned in and captured her mouth for a deep kiss.

"Oh my God." I watched in disbelief as Bono and Aids fell onto the bed. Things had quickly heated up after they'd started kissing. Bono had already lost his shirt and shoes and I nervously thought that we should have dressed Aids in more layers. She only had the dress covering her. So far Bono hadn't tried to take it off though, and he'd been the one to slip his shirt off over his head. Aids had wavered then, probably thinking about Edge but she hadn't given in and murmured a comment about how good looking Bono's chest was. I couldn't stop the blush from creeping into my face. On top of that it was about 500 degrees in this freaking closet and I felt like melting into a puddle of goo.

Bono positioned himself above Aids and grinned rakishly down at her as their bodies slid against one another. Aids smiled, looking a little stressed out as she stroked Bono's bare shoulders. Bono sighed and leaned down for a kiss.

"This is fucking ridiculous." Larry said, and I felt the movements against my cheek. Larry had been glued to the door like Cat and I had. NO way were we missing this! "How long is this going to go on?"

"Not until one of them gives up." Cat whispered and I was relieved to hear her voice. There wasn't much light in here and It was hard to not imagine that Larry and I weren't the only ones in here. Not that I wanted to be alone with Larry, but that doesn't stop the thought for floating through my head.

"We're going to be here all night." Larry complained and tried to pull his face away. I pulled him right back.

"Stay. It's almost over."

"Okay but I'm leaving when Bono's pants come off."

I grinned. "I'm defiantly NOT leaving when Bono's pants come off."

Cat snickered and Larry groaned, "Someone save me."

While they were still kissing Aids ran her hands slowly down Bono's muscled back and cupped his arse. She gave it a good hard squeeze and Bono squeaked in alarm and broke their kiss. Aids blinked innocently up at him.

"Something wrong B?"

Bono glared. "No..em..no." He bent down to kiss her again and as he did his hand moved up her side and hovered over her breast. Bono broke off their kiss again and stared into her eyes, giving her plenty of time to say no. She only smiled and all five people in the room held their breaths as Bono cupped her breast and ran his thumb roughly over her nipple through the silk fabric of her dress. Aids gasped and reached up to grip his arms.
"Bono-"
"Well, this is interesting..." Aids and Bono both froze and turned their heads to see that Adam was lazily leaning against the door, watching them with an amused smirk. He pulled the cigarette from his mouth and blew a few smoke rings. "I think someone has some explaining to do. Who wants to go first?"
Old 09-28-2007, 05:30 PM   #38
Refugee

Arghhh! You can`t stop there - next chapter please........
Old 09-28-2007, 05:46 PM   #39
Galeonbroad

What she said! what she said!
Old 09-28-2007, 06:19 PM   #40
ONE
love, blood, life

Your wish is my command

Glad you guys like it!

Chapter Twenty

"Uh oh. I think we're about to come out of the closet." Cat said and started giggling when she realized what she'd said.

"I'm too young to come out of the closet." I said sadly and Cat and I both dissolved into laughter. Larry sighed and reached out to open the door, but I put my hand over his to stop him.

"What are you doing?" I asked, tightening my grip.

Larry turned to look at me. "What does it look like? I'm getting out of here."

"You can't do that!"

Larry glared. "Why the hell not?"

Cat sighed, "Haven't you been paying attention? She doesn't want us to leave because if Adam sees her in here then she'll be in big trouble because he'll know she went through with the whole joke on Bono, and not to mention the fact that she'll have to talk to him about the kiss she had with Guggi." Larry and I both turned to Cat, who was smiling after her little speech.

"You know way to much about us." Larry said dryly and Cat beamed.

"Thanks Lar."

Larry rolled his eyes. "I'm getting out of here and I don't care who gets in trouble."

He pried my hand away and started to twist the knob. I gasped and pushed against him, hoping to get him to stop. But it was too late. He had already opened the door and he lost his balance with my weight colliding into him. He flew out of the door, bringing me with him. I screeched and reached behind to grab something to hold on to. Unfortunately I grabbed Cat and all three of us went flying out of the closet. My last thought before I hit the floor was that this was not going to one of my more favorite moments.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Bono-"

"Well, this is interesting..." Aids and Bono both froze and turned their heads to see that Adam was lazily leaning against the door, watching them with an amused smirk. He pulled the cigarette from his mouth and blew a few smoke rings. "I think someone has some explaining to do. Who wants to go first?"

Bono hurriedly rolled away from Aids, his face flaming.

"Adam it's not what you think-"

Adam held up a hand. "Don't start that bullshit with me. I know what I just saw." He grinned wickedly at Aids, who was trying to hide herself behind a pillow. "And I know what I heard."

"Adam this is not what it looks like!" Aids stuttered as she pushed away from Bono and stood up. She started wringing her hands. "I can explain it all. If you'll just listen-"

He folded his arms. "Well? I'm listening."

Bono stepped in to answer. "Um..eh..well you see it all started with me and Aids flirting with each other. Aids was all over me...it was very nice actually."

"Bono! If you're going to lie then I'm going to tell him!" Aids fumed and Bono laughed until he caught sight of her face and then tried to cover it with a cough.

"I think I've listened long enough and frankly I've already lost interest." Adam shrugged and put out his cigarette in the ashtray that I set out for when he visited. He brushed a bit of stray ash off his sleeve and turned back to the nervous pair. "You two are pretty fucked up or something and I'm glad I have nothing to do with this."

Bono looked seriously panicky now. He grabbed his shirt and yanked it over his head. "Are you going to tell anyone?"

"What do you mean!? There's nothing for him to tell!" Aids glared daggers Bono's way and he glared right back.

Adam rolled his eyes at the pair of them and turned to leave. "I think I'm going to leave and go find Am. At least I know she's got nothing to do with this either. By the way you could've at least asked before you used her bed. Do you know where she's hiding?"

Bono and Aids shared a panicked look and Adam frowned. "What? What's going on now?"

Before either one of them could answer a loud crash and screeching sounded from across the room and Larry, myself and Cat all came crashing out of the closet and onto the floor.

We all lay there groaning as Adam, Aids and Bono stared in surprise.

Adam sighed wearily and ran his hands over his face. He slowly lowered them and stared at the pile of groaning limbs. "Do I even want to know what this is about?"

I panicked and looked up. Adam was frowning deeply and I didn't take that as a good sign. I needed to fix this and do it as quickly as possible. At least Adam couldn't think that anything was going on between Larry and me. For one thing Cat had been in there with us and for another, Larry would never do that to Adam. At that moment Larry just happened to be laying on top of me and I groaned as I pushed on his shoulder.

"Lar would you mind getting off of me before you crush me to death!?"

His face was very close to mine as he glared at me from behind his blond fringe. "It not my bloody fault that you flung yourself at me! What the fuck were you thinking anyway?" Larry rolled away and pulled himself up to his knees. "You could have seriously gotten injured!"

I sighed as I sat up and turned to Cat.
"You okay Cat?"

She nodded as she pulled herself up. She brushed her hair back and Bono gasped from across the room.

"What happened to you Cat?"

Cat looked up, confused about what Bono meant and then she saw him staring at her eye.

"Oh that was an accident. Larry hit me."

"Larry HIT you!?" Bono looked furious and everyone rolled their eyes.

"Super Bono to the rescue." Larry muttered under his breath and Bono glared.

"It was an accident Bono, so calm down and get off of your high horse."

I sighed and brushed myself off gently. My arse was a little sore and my arm was bruised from where Larry practically sat on it. I glared at him for a second, getting a confused glare back and then I stiffened when I felt an arm slip around my waist.

"Hello love. You've been up to some mischief again I see." Adam's low voice sent a shiver down my spine and I swallowed hard.

"Well, I did tell you that I was going to do something didn't I?"

Adam was quiet, his breath tickling the back of my neck and my ear. I bit my lip, wondering if he was mad. If he was, would he be holding me like he was? I started getting twitchy when time went by and he still hadn't said anything. The anxiety was rising and I was getting impatient. If he was going to yell at me then get it over with already!

"Adam?" My voice was high and breathy and I noticed that the rest of the room went unusually quiet. I looked up in time to see Bono slipping into his coat, nervously pushing his messy hair away from his face before glancing our way.

"I'll be leaving now. Doesn't look like you need me anymore." Bono announced nervously and Aids came up to him and grabbed his sleeve.

"This is not over Bono." She said, a challenge flashing in her eyes. Bono's eyes widened slightly as he nodded and started backing quickly towards the door. His foot caught on my carpet halfway out the door and he stumbled and went down face first. We all tried not to laugh as Bono blushed and excepted Larry's helping hand. He left with a muttered good-bye and Larry waved at us, before following him down the hall. Larry looked relieved to finally be free of all of this and I wished I could trade places with him.

Aids was studying Adam, who was still holding me quietly and it was starting to unnerve me. I caught Aids eye and mouthed 'Help me.' Aids grinned and winked as she clasped Cat's hand and hauled her towards the door.

"We'll be getting out of your hair now. See you later tonight." Oh God I'd forgotten about tonight! We'd all be going to see The Prunes perform at a local pub. Oh just what I need right now. To be in the same room with both Adam and Guggi. Feck.

I took a deep shaky breath and chanced a look at Adam's face. I relaxed a little when I saw his frowny smile. Things weren't too bad then. Unless Adam was thinking about my punishment and that smile was really an evil smirk. My stomach twisted and I grinned. Maybe there would be a way to get out of this yet.

Fixing a soft smile on my face I turned in Adam's arms and leaned into him. Looking into him eyes I saw the curious glint that came into them.

"Adam..I'm very sorry about all that. I should have warned you when it was happening so you wouldn't walk in like that." My silky voice made Adam's eyebrows raise and I silently cursed. I knew it wouldn't work. Adam knew me too well.

"Yes, it must be difficult for you to except that you lost to Bono again." His face was calm, his voice tranquil but his words cut through me and I flinched.

"We didn't lose! We never finished because you walked in and interrupted!"

Adam went on as if I hadn't said a word. "I'm curious..are you planning on having your own little game with Guggi?"

I gasped and took a shaky step back. I was shocked that Adam had said that. He wasn't acting like himself. Actually he was, but it was the way he got when he was angry. It hardly ever happened and when it did the change was so quick you'd swear it wasn't even the same person.

"Adam...." I struggled to find the words to explain myself and Guggi's actions but I found that I couldn't. Not without admitting the guilt I was feeling. Finally I sighed. "Adam I'm not going to be doing anything with Guggi. You've probably heard about the kiss?" He nodded stiffly and dug around in his pocket, pulling out a cigarette. Suddenly I wished that I smoked so I could have something to do with my hands. I'd never felt so unsure of myself before. Especially when I knew I wasn't giving Adam the full truth. I forged on, hoping this would be over soon.

"It was a kiss between friends." Adam snorted loudly round his smoke and I went on, my voice firmer then before. "We're only friends...there's nothing going on. He thinks of me as only a friend and I feel the same way about him." I was technically not lying so I felt a little better. Oh who was I kidding...I was a liar and a scum bag.

I looked up to find Adam staring at me searchingly, he looked into my eyes for a moment then looked away. He took a deep drag off of his cigarette, his eyes crinkling at the sides and I fought back the urge to touch him. If he was angry with me then that wouldn't help anything. Although it would make me feel a hell of a lot better. This was about what he was feeling now. Just because I was thinking about Guggi, didn't mean that I wanted to lose Adam.

Adam searched my face again, and he must've found what he wanted because he sighed and shrugged. "I'm thinking that you're going through something now and you're not telling me."

My jaw dropped to the floor. How had he known!? Seeing my shocked expression Adam smiled humorlessly and sighed again. "If you want to talk about it I'm here." I stood there staring blankly at him, completely in shock. He knew something was going on and he wanted me to talk to him about it? I couldn't! No way in hell! I shook my head at the craziness of this whole thing and Adam narrowed his eyes. "Have it your way. You know where to find me." With those parting words Adam left me alone, standing in my room, feeling like I'd just been run over.

Finally when I could move my legs again I walked over and collapsed onto my bed. What the hell had just happened? My eyes burned and I sniffled and cursed. Should I have told Adam what I was feeling? I pictured what he would do in my mind and his reaction of screaming and yelling made me whimper and cover my eyes. Would Adam really be like that? Staring up at my ceiling I heard a loud clinking noise and I sat up. Was Adam back? I moved to the window and looked out. Aids and Cat were standing on my lawn and waving. I sighed and waved at them to come up. I flopped back onto my bed and waited.

Aids and Cat were there in a flash, both looking worried.

"What happened?" Aids asked and I sighed and recounted the whole thing. "This day is turning out well." Aids grumbled as she flung herself onto the bed next to me. I laughed and shook my head.

Cat joined us on the bed and giggled. "Well, I can tell you one good thing that came out of today."

I turned my head towards her. "What?"

Her face stretched into a wide grin. "I got to touch Larry's arse." We all fell into hysterics and rolled around on the bed, gasping for breath. Some things were just too funny.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few hours later Aids and I were sitting on her lawn and thinking about the problems of life. Actually that was just me. Aids was strumming away on her guitar. I recognized what she was playing as the tune that her and Edge had been working on lately. But they wouldn't tell any of us anything about it and I got the feeling that it was personal between the two of them.

I laid back on the grass and stared up at the stars. We'd have to be at the pub soon and then I'd have another fiasco to deal with. I sighed again.

"If you don't stop feeling sorry for yourself I'm going to smack you." Aids had stopped playing and was staring at me in exasperation.

"Sorry." I mumbled and Aids shook her head.

"You're impossible."

"Sorry..I mean I can't help it!" I glared at her from the ground and finally decided to ask her something
that had been eating away at me. "Do you still have that note from Guggi?"

Aids looked at me, surprised. "Yeah. Do you want it now?"

I hesitated. Did I want it? Aids had been right before. Maybe there was something in it that would help me with my feelings for Guggi.

"I want to read it. I NEED to read it."

Aids nodded and reached into her pocket. Pulling it out she held it out to me. My heart sped up and my palms started to sweat. A thousand things ran through my mind of what it might say and I couldn't torture myself any longer. I carefully opened it and squinted at Guggi's familiar hand writing.

Dear Red,
I like you a lot and I know you only think of me as a friend but I really want us to be something more if you can give me the chance..maybe we can go to a movie or something? Please think about it.
Yours,
Guggi

"Oh my God." I looked up at Aids, feeling breathless.

She smiled and patted my shoulder. "It's nice isn't it?"

I blinked. "Nice? This is the sweetest note that I've ever gotten in my life!" I grinned and Aids suddenly looked at me like I'd sprouted a second head. "What?"

"Are you...what are you going to do?"

I stared down at the note sadly. "What can I do? He wrote it so long ago. He probably doesn't even remember. Wait! That's perfect! What if he does remember? Only I could pretend that I just found the note and that he just wrote it to me. If he really wants to be something more with me then maybe he'll go along with it and neither one of us would have to feel guilty about it."

Aids turned a little green when I was done explaining my plan. "You're sure you want to do something like that? What if Adam finds out? You'll be feeling loads of guilt then."

I flinched. If Adam found out there wouldn't be enough of me left to bury. "Adam wont find out."

"That's what you said about the kiss." Aids said dryly.

"What are you..like my score keeper or something?" I snapped and Aids snickered.

She sobered immediately and leaned back against the grass. "If you're sure this is what you want..?" Aids eyes met mine and held until I nodded. "Okay. So what can I do to help then?"

I grinned in relief. Red and Aids were back once again to wreak havoc on the world. "Lets see what our twisted minds can come up with shall we?"

~~~~~~~~~

I shifted uncomfortably in my seat and glanced at Guggi again. He was standing with Gavin now, talking, and I swore I'd never seen him looking better. His hair was styled to stand up in crazy directions and his eyes were surrounded by dark eye shadow.

At first I'd found it startling, but after really watching him and seeing how the light shining on him just right made his face sparkle, my heart was in my throat. His clothes were having a similar effect on me. I had to have seen him in those pants before but I'd never noticed how tight they were until tonight. Black leather was defiantly his style. I could see every muscle in his legs ripple as he moved and not to mention his gorgeous arse. I watched as he walked into the back, giving me a perfect view. We were at the pub, watching as Gavin and Guggi set up everything for the show, and God but Guggi looked so good I couldn't look away.

"You're staring again." Aids hissed in my ear as she rejoined the table with our drinks. I jumped guiltily and with great effort, tore my eyes away.

I smiled shamefacedly. "I can't help it. No one should be allowed to wear pants that tight!" My eyes strayed back and Aids turned to look. Her eyebrows rose as she studied Guggi's backside.

"Damn but he does have one hot arse."

"He does doesn't he?" I grinned.

Aids put her fingers in her mouth and whistled loudly, causing several people to look our way. Including Guggi. He turned toward us and smiled and waved. Aids grinned and cupped her hands over her mouth and yelled. "You've got one hot arse Guggi!"

Guggi's eyes widened and he tried to get a look at his own backside. Aids laughed and I wished I could just die as Guggi looked back at us and grinned. My breathe caught in my throat.

"What'd you say that for?" I gasped at her and she leaned in, with an interested look on her face before she turned back to yell in Guggi's direction.

"Hey Guggi! Red says that she'd like a lap dance anytime you're ready!"

I gasped and covered my red face. Aids laughed and tried to pull my hands away. There were some comments from the group sitting at the bar and then Guggi's voice rang out from across the room.

"All you have to do is ask me Red!" I lowered my hands in time to catch him sway his hips in invitation and wink before Gavin called his attention away. Thank God.

"That was very embarrassing." I moaned.

Aids smiled sneakily, "I thought you said you wanted to try things with him? That's never going to happen unless you DO something. I'm just giving you a little push."

I pouted slightly as I looked away. The pub was slowly filling now. The show was going to start in little under an hour and people were rearranging their chairs to face the front. Aids and I were the first ones to arrive so we'd taken the table closest to the back. One of our favorite spots. It gave other people a chance to see and us a chance to talk if we wanted. Aids was a little down because Edge had said he wouldn't be able to make it until later.

The bartender walked by our table with a tray of drinks and he gave Aids a smile and a wink. I blinked and then laughed when Aids tried to pinch his arse but missed by a good foot. Apparently she wasn't as down as I thought. I picked up my cola and sipped it slowly, my eyes continuously glancing between the door and Guggi. Adam was going to walk in any moment and what was worse was that he was playing with the band. Guggi and Adam would be on the same stage together and neither one would know what was really going on in my mind.

My eyes traveled back to Guggi just in time to catch him brushing a bit of hair out of his eyes. I sighed and bit my lip. I really liked it when he did that.

"You're starring again." Aids said, a disapproving look on her face. She sipped on her drink. "And you might want to wipe away that drool before Adam sees it."

Panicking I quickly brushed at my mouth, only to find it dry. I glared at Aids as she had a laugh at my expense. I sniffed and ignored her as I looked toward the door.

"Is Adam really here?"

"Yes, I am."

I swung around as Adam pulled a chair up and turned it around to straddle it. He grinned at me, and I was surprised. The last time I'd seen him he'd been upset with me and now he was happy? Then I noticed the dilated eyes and flushed face. Oh feck. He'd been doing something. Some drug was swimming in his system and I fought down my disgust. Why did he have to do these things? I managed a smile.

"Adam. I didn't see you come in." I brushed nervously at my hair and Adam leered at me. My stomach tightened.

"I'm not surprised Love. I saw how busy you were ogling the main attraction." His lips twitched up in a full grin that had a slightly manic touch to it and I frowned. Aids coughed to get my attention and pointed across the room. I looked and paled when I saw Guggi walking our way. Is that what Adam had meant? Holy shit he couldn't be talking about that and not be angry. If he noticed my drooling over Guggi then why wasn't he making a bigger deal out of it? Maybe because he was out of it and flying on some drug. I braced myself for what might be coming.

Guggi reached our table, grinning happily. "Bout time you made it Sparky. We've got your bass all set up. Couple things you'll need to look at of course."

Adam smiled blearily as he stood. "Sure thing Guggi. I know the drill." He swung his arm around Guggi's shoulders and whispered in his ear. "What's a bloke have to do to get a drink around here?"

"Well, I know just the person to talk to but first we need to go over the line up. Gavin wants to talk to you too." Gavin was motioning to them from the stage and they made their way to him. Adam turned back and waved at me with a lopsided smile. I smiled weakly and waved until Adam looked away. I collapsed back in my seat and groaned.

"This is going to be a long night isn't it?"

"Probably." Aids shifted, turning her head towards the door. She smiled. "Looks like more of the gang is here." I turned and saw Bono, Ali, Edge and Cat all walking up to our table.

"You saved seats for us!" Bono beamed. "How sweet." He leaned in and pecked my forehead and flashed a cheeky grin. Sliding along to Aids he held out a hand, waiting for Aids to take it.

"What do you say we call it a truce?"

Aids sat back, watching him through narrowed eyes. He pouted, pushing his bottom lip out. "I want us to be friends again. Please?"

Aids gave in with a sigh and leaned forward to clasp his hand. "It's a truce then. But it's only temporary. I'm still going to get you back one of these days." Bono nodded, seeming to be taking it all very seriously. That is until Gavin came up from behind and tickled his sides. Bono squealed and wiggled away. He whirled to see his attacker.

"Gavin! I'll get you for that! You'd better run!" Bono proceeded to chase Gavin around the room like they were a pair of two year olds. Cat giggled as she sat down next to Aids.

Ali pulled up a chair next to me and sighed as she watched the pair. "They never grow up do they?"

I shook my head. "It doesn't look like it so far. Maybe by the time they're 40 or so?"

"Somehow I doubt that Bono will ever grow up all the way." Aids said this was a small secret smile and my eyes widened. Where did that come from? Uh oh. Was Aids getting her Bono crush back? It was like the plague around here. It went through us like wildfire and it was best to put it out as soon as you could or who knows how bad you'd have it. And thinking yourself in love with Bono was not fun. Especially with Ali around.

Ali laughed hard, interrupting my thoughts. "No, I don't think Bono will ever grow up. " Her face softened as she watched Bono and Gavin fall to the floor in a fit of laughter. "But that's why I love him so much. He's my perfect match."

The rest of us grew quiet. Ali seemed to be in her own world and no one wanted to disturb her. Then Cat sniffed, breaking the spell. I frowned when I saw her wiping her eyes.

"All right there Cat?"
She smiled and nodded. "I was just thinking..." She hesitated and Aids, myself, and Ali all leaned in.

"What?" I asked, feeling concerned.

Aids patted Cat's hand. "Tell all Cat. We girls don't keep secrets. Well, not many anyway. It might help if you talk about it."

"Yes, tell us Cat. I could use something to keep my sappy mind off of Bono." Ali smiled in encouragement and Cat breathed out slowly.

"I was thinking about my perfect match and if it might be Gavin." She looked up at our confused faces. "You're wondering why I'm so sad if I have Gavin?" We all nodded.
"I should start at the beginning so you understand a little better where I'm coming from."

We all nodded eagerly and Cat wiped her eyes again before starting her tale. Apparently a few moths ago she'd broken up with her boyfriend after going with him for several months and it had been a hard blow. They'd been friends first and after the break up their friendship was unsalvageable. So after that she'd begged her parents to let her change schools and after a few weeks of begging and pleading they gave in and Cat came to Mount Temple.

After the first few days she met lots of people but no one that she clicked with. She felt alone and lost and then one day she'd come to school early and that's when she met..Larry. Cat fiddled with her sleeve, not looking at any of us.

"Larry!?" Aids' jaw dropped along with mine and Ali's.

I shook my head, trying to clear it. "I must've heard wrong. Did you just say you met Larry first? I thought it was Gavin?"

Cat stared hard at the table top and blushed. "No, it was Larry. I...we kind of hit it off."

I'd just gotten my jaw back in the upright position but it went plummeting again. "Huh!? My brain is obviously not working at the moment." I said dumbly.

Aids snorted. "Mine isn't either. Leave a written message and I'll get back to you in 4-6 hours. Thank you and have a nice evening." Cat's face grew redder and Ali swooped in.

"Lets not jump to conclusions." She said kindly and Cat gave her a relieved smile. "Why don't you tell us what happened?"

"Yes, please do." I murmured. I swore that Larry was lucky he wasn't coming tonight because I would have a few words to say to him. I was trying to get my head around it all when something occurred to me and I narrowed my eyes dangerously.

"Wait a second. How many people in this group has Larry come on to? First Aids and now Cat?"

Ali and Cat both gasped and stared at Aids with wide eyes.

Aids glared at me. "Do you not know what 'keep it a secret' means!?"

I cringed. "Oops. Sorry. It slipped out."

Aids smiled evilly. "I'll get you back." I swallowed nervously, wondering what she'd really do to me. Crap.

Cat leaned in and spoke anxiously. "What happened with you and Larry?"

Aids waved her hand in dismissal. "I'll tell you later. First I want to hear about you and Larry. Did you do anything with him?"

"Aids! You can't come out and ask that!" Ali frowned and Aids rolled her eyes and smiled.

"Sorry but you have to admit that it's interesting that Larry would be the one to make the rounds between us girls. Who's next do you think? Red maybe?"

I grinned and waggled my eyebrows. "Larry can bang my drum anytime he wants." The table burst into loud snickers, getting us some interested attention from a table full of men. Aids eyed them appreciatively.

"I think we might be able to get one of them to bang your drum for you Red."

I blushed. "No thank you. That's what I have Guggi for." I gasped and my hand flew to my mouth.

Ali looked shocked. "Guggi!? Since when? What about Adam?"

"Shh!! Someone might hear you, and I really don't want to talk about all of that now. I'll tell you later. Besides don't we all want to hear about Cat and Lar?"

Cat sighed and blew her bangs out of her eyes. "Feck. I thought I was off the hook."

"Don't think so Cat." Aids pushed Cat's drink at her. "Start spilling the cream."

Cat looked confused. "Cream?"

"Aye, because you're a Cat." Aids grinned at Cat's blush.

"Oh."

I thought of something then and grinned. "Oh my God Cat! Earlier you said you touched Larry's arse!" Cat blushed almost violet and we all laughed.

"So? Tell us about Larry."

Cat nodded and sipped on her drink as she continued her story.
"We met in class and he was nice. He talked to me about where my next class was. He even offered to walk me there and before I realized Larry was walking me to most of my classes. Everyday we met and he walked me around. We started talking and getting to know each other. I liked having a friend. I liked him." She blushed again and looked down into her drink.

"Did he ever mention Anne?"

Cat flinched and looked up. We could all see the brief pain flash in her eyes and we were sympathetic. "Yes, he did. Almost right after we met. That's why I didn't say anything about how I felt. Then he introduced me to Gavin and the rest is history."

We all stared. Something was missing. I blinked and frowned. "That's it?" Cat nodded. "But what about the juicy stuff? Did you kiss him or anything?" Cat went a little pale.

Aids jumped on the opportunity. "Ah ha! So you DID kiss him?"

"Well..maybe. I said I wouldn't tell." Cat looked uncomfortable and I scowled.

"What do you mean? Larry kissed you and then made you promise not to tell?" I shook my head in disbelief. "What kind of a friend do we have!? What kind of a person is he? Going around kissing girls, breaking their hearts and then telling them to keep it a secret! That's sick!" I was really getting worked up now as I sat up and started forming a way to kill Larry without going to prison.

Aids punched the air with her fist. "Yes, it is sick! That wanker!"

"Larry is not any of those things!" Cat sat up and glared at us all. Her cheeks went a little pink as she defended him. "He's one of the sweetest, kindest, most caring people around. Neither one of us wanted to fall for each other but we did. And we let it get out of hand. We kissed once but we couldn't go any further. We didn't want to hurt Anne so we stopped and agreed to still be friends. And that's what we are. I still feel something for him once in a while but I really like Gavin now and that's that!"

We all stared at her unblinkingly. Aids was the first to find her voice. "You and Larry have been acting like you've never met. Why? Why not tell us you'd met before and were already friends?"

"Anne still doesn't know." Cat said quietly. I pinched the bridge of my nose. This was starting to give me a headache.

"That's it." I lowered my hand and shook my head. "I don't care what anyone says, but that's at least slightly twisted. Larry keeps so much from Anne that I'm surprised they're even still together."

Aids nodded in agreement. "That's true. It'd be hilarious if Anne knew about it all already wouldn't it?"

Ali giggled. "She probably already does. I know everything that Bono gets up to. Even the things he thinks he's hiding from me." Ali gave Aids a rather pointed look and Aids groaned and turned red in the face.

"Oh my God. I'm sorry about that Ali. It was all in good fun. It didn't mean anything. I love Edge."

Ali smiled. "I know that you do, but in the future if you're planning on using Bono's body in any part of your jokes would you mind running it by me first?"

Aids color started returning to normal as she nodded "I promise you'll be the first one I call."

"Ali! Could you come here a minute love!?" Bono called from across the room, looking excited as he bounced around on the balls of his feet. Ali waved at him and stood. She smiled at us and sighed.

"Duty calls. Save my seat."

Once Ali was out of ear shot Aids groaned loudly and banged her head on the table. "She found out. I can't believe she found out. How!?" I flinched as she kept banging her head. I knew from experience that it had to hurt. "I'm never going to get that out of my head."

I blinked at her. "What do you mean?"

Aids continued banging her head. "Me and Bono. I don't think I'll ever be able to forget it. The way he was touching me..." She trailed off and cursed when she hit her head harder then she meant to. She raised her head, fingering her red forehead. I had a good idea of what she was talking about. And I patted her hand sympathetically.

"I know what you mean. You'll forget it eventually. Especially when you have a guy like Edge to help you along."

Aids relaxed a little and I inwardly banged my own head. I've been so stupid! I have Adam to help me to forget about Guggi!...but did I want to forget? And how long would I go in circles like this? I was becoming increasingly annoyed with myself over it all.

Just then the house lights went down and our attention was pulled to the stage by Gavin welcoming us to the show. Adam and Guggi looked fabulous. Edge's brother Dick and Gavin didn't look too bad themselves. Out of no where Edge came on stage, holding his guitar and Aids gasped. I guess that wasn't planned.

Bono and Ali slipped into their seats and Bono whistled and clapped with the rest of the crowd. I felt myself relax a little. Maybe tonight wouldn't be as bad as I thought. I might go home with my sanity still intact after all.

The music started up and my eyes followed Guggi around the stage without my noticing. When I did realize what I was doing I blushed and hurriedly looked away..and my eyes landed right on Adam. His face was partly shadowed so I couldn't tell for sure but I thought he might be frowning. My groan was covered up by the music thankfully and I was filled with guilt. But that didn't stop my traitorous eyes from staring at Guggi once again.

So I was wrong. I would be leaving without my sanity. And probably some other vital body part if Adam figured out what was happening. At that moment I couldn't bring myself to be too worried about it.
Old 09-29-2007, 04:13 AM   #41
Refugee

This story just gets better and better - its hard to keep up with who fancies who......great fic. Lets have the next chapters ...
Old 09-29-2007, 10:30 AM   #42
Galeonbroad

once again, what she said!

I really like the story, it's pretty realistic!
Old 09-29-2007, 01:09 PM   #43
ONE
love, blood, life

Chapter Twenty One

The gig was one of the best I'd seen so far, even if I was hardly paying attention to the music. The crowd cheered loudly as the band got off stage to have a chat and a hand shake with a few new fans.

At least that would give me some time to clam down. During the whole show my mind be been in turmoil. My eyes moved back and forth between Adam and Guggi and the longer I stared the fuzzier things got. It really didn't help that the guys were all sweaty and looking drop dead gorgeous either.

Adam's wild curls were practically dripping with sweat and he had slipped his shirt off half way through the show so his chest gleamed in the low lighting and my heart beat so hard in my chest I felt like it would pop out any second. Adam was still a little unsteady on his feet but Edge seemed to be helping him along. Kind Edge was always there for his friends.

"Hey Red." Hearing Guggi's voice and feeling his warm arm slip around my shoulders as he sat in the seat next to me made me break out in a nervous sweat. I wasn't ready for this. There was no way I could go through with our plan and talk to Guggi about the note. Besides how could I possibly proposition another guy while my boyfriend was right in the same room?!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey Aids it looks like there's room here by Bono."

After coming back from the restroom and finding her seat taken by Adam and also not seeing Edge anywhere in sight, Aids shrugged and took the seat next to Bono. As soon as she was comfortable Bono slipped his arm around her shoulders and leered at her. She leaned back, looking anxiously around for Edge and trying to keep her distance. Ali, who was sitting on Bono's other side didn't seem the least bit bothered.

As I watched how hard Bono was trying to get Aids' attention I wondered if something was going on that I didn't know about. Maybe Bono was starting up the game again? But wouldn't Aids be playing back? Something wasn't right. And if Edge came back from wherever he was and saw the way Bono was all over Aids then she would be in about as much trouble as I was.

I was in a 'pickle' at the moment myself. Adam had plunked himself into Aids' seat right next to me and now that left me right smack dab in the middle of Guggi and Adam. They were both so close. Adam's arm was around me, holding me close and I was getting all fidgety.

On my other side Guggi was so close that under the table his leg was pressed up against mine from knee to thigh. His shoulder was pressing warmly into mine and my senses were overloading. I felt like I was in a man sandwich and surely I was going to burst into flames any second, but oh God what a way to go!

To make things a little more uncomfortable Cat and Gavin were making out across the table and I started praying. Maybe this was all a dream. That's what it was. I would wake up and find that this whole day had been one terrible nightmare.

Just then Ali excused herself and left the table. I didn't think it meant much of anything until I caught that 'look' in Bono's eyes. The one that said something was about to happen. Before my brain could formulate what he might be up to this time Bono was standing up, his eyes shinning as he stood behind Aids and pulled her chair out.

"Ahh!" Aids looked over her shoulder in surprise. "Bono what are you....?"

The rest of her sentence died on her tongue as Bono swiftly deposited himself into her lap.

"What the fuck!?" Gavin laughed and the rest of the table joined in. All except me. I couldn't manage to get my mouth to work properly. I HAD to be dreaming!

Aids' eyes had never looked bigger as she held on to her chair and watched Bono's face.

Bono tilted dangerously to the side before balancing himself by holding onto the back of the chair. Aids was gripping her chair so hard her knuckles were white. I didn't blame her for a second. No way would I even still be alive if I was in her place. I would have combusted a long time ago.

As we all watched and Gavin, Adam, and Guggi cheered on along with half the pub, Bono preceded to give Aids the sexiest lap dance I had ever seen in my life.

He slid and writhed against her tantalizingly slow and I had to remind myself to breathe. Aids looked like she was having the same problem when Bono slid his hands slowly up her legs and caressed her thighs. With a satisfied smirk on his face Bono abruptly stopped moving.

"How was that?" He asked innocently.

Aids eyes looked glazed over as she answered. "Nugh...it was...spectacular. Why did you do it?"

Bono grinned and shrugged. "I don't know. I felt like it." His eyes gleamed. "Call it a little revenge."

Aids nodded and shook her head. Poor thing. We'd need to give her some serious recovery time after that. Wow. If Ali had seen that...wait did she have something to do with it? That must have been why she left when she did.

Well, thank God that Edge hadn't seen it. Who knows what he would have done. He'd probably...my thoughts were cut off when Edge walked casually up to the table, and he didn't look happy, and Bono was still in Aids' lap. Oh FECK.

Edge stopped by Aids' chair and calmly took in Bono in his girlfriends lap. I waited with bated breath.

"Bono we need to talk." I inhaled sharply and the table grew quiet. Bono's grin slid off his face and he craned his neck back.

"The Edge! I thought you'd fallen in! You can have my seat." Bono kept his butt snugly in Aids' lap and motioned towards his empty chair. The tension thickened, and everyone stayed silent.

Adam's hand found mine under the table and I turned to stare into his eyes. He smirked around his cigarette and jerked his chin towards Edge, who was watching Aids with a look of suspicion and hurt. Oh my God. Edge knew...he knew!

Edge turned back to Bono and stared steadily at him, making Bono squirm a little under his gaze, which in turn made Aids turn crimson.

"I prefer to stand. I said we need to talk Bono. Now."

Bono's eyes flickered with annoyance. "Now?"

"Yes."

Bono returned Edge's solid gaze with one of his own. He looked amused as he shrugged and slid off of Aids. Bono was biting his lip as he faced Edge and I got the feeling that he was trying to hide a grin. I couldn't see anything about this that was funny.

Bono gave Edge a curt bow and looked up at him, his face as mocking as his voice. "Shall we take this outside The Edge?"

Edge's eyes flashed. "If you don't mind I think that might be wise." He waved toward the door and eyed Bono with disgust. "Shall we then?"

Bono narrowed his eyes as if trying to read Edge's thoughts. Then his mask was back up and he smiled and shrugged.
"Lead the way The Edge."

My stomach flipped as I watched them walk away through the crowd. Whenever Bono used the 'The' in front of Edge like that was the signal that this was big.

"This can't be good." I hadn't realized that I'd spoken aloud until Adam snorted.

"I can't say I'm surprised. After that stunt you tried to pull. What were you thinking putting Aids and Bono in a bedroom and telling them to shag each other senseless?"

There were snickers all around the table and I tightened my jaw defensively.

"Hey what about what Bono just did! I think that might have something to do with it! And I didn't tell them to do that! I never told them-"

"I seem to recall you saying something about it going as far as it needed too. So long as you won." Adam smirked when I blushed.

I glanced around the table and saw that we had to attention of everyone at our table.

"I never meant for anything like that to happen-"

"Hold it! Are you saying that Aids and Bono shagged in your bed?" Gavin's shocked question got us some unwanted attention from the group at the next table. I was sure that my face was as red as a tomato now.

"No they didn't! Why is everyone ganging up on me? I didn't do anything-"

Cat coughed loudly and Aids snorted. What? Oh..flash backs of my kiss with Guggi went through my mind and I inwardly groaned and purposely didn't look Guggi's way.

"What? Did something happen I should know about?" Adam's soft growl made me jump slightly and my eyes widened as I turned to him. His gaze pierced mine and held me captive. "Not that I would care. Whatever you do on your own time is your business"

All right..what the hell happened to the Adam that was stoned and carefree that was here a second ago!? Apparently he'd checked out early. Feck.

I was highly aware of everyone's eyes glued to my face and I looked away from Adam and swallowed past a sudden dry throat. Not daring to look back up and see everyone staring, I leaned towards Adam and whispered,
"Can we do this later? I'd rather not have the whole pub knowing about our personal business. Besides I think you know it all anyway.."

Adam laughed dryly and sat back, lighting up a smoke. Where the hell did he get all those things? I eyed him closely, wondering for one crazy second if he had a cigarette dispenser somewhere on his person. Maybe stuffed in his afro. Really it was a bit odd how he always had one at the perfect moments.

But that wasn't the point and now my mind was wondering. I came back to myself and saw Adam staring at me expectantly. Shite! Had he asked me something? I hadn't heard a word.

My cheeks warmed. "I'm sorry. I didn't catch that last part."

Adam blinked, "I said it's fine with me. I don't care anymore."

I very was hurt by his words and my eyes stung. He couldn't be serious. He couldn't be. The silence at the table was deafening and I couldn't bare to look at Guggi. This was horrifying.

"I think I need some air." Suddenly I felt like the walls were closing in and my breathing got faster. This was insane. How could everything be so wrong? I realized I was well on my way to a panic attack if I didn't get out..NOW.

I stood too quickly and swayed dangerously. A hand on my back steadied me.

"Stood up too fast did you? You okay?" Guggi's concerned voice did nothing for my anxiety. I was also hyper aware of the stares coming from my friends. I ignored their concern and stepped back from the table.

"I need some air." I said shakily.

"I'll join you." Adam moved to stand but I put a hand on his shoulder and looked into his eyes.

"I'd rather be alone right now." My voice was firm, leaving no room for argument, even though on the inside I was panicking and needing to get out of there. Adam's face tightened briefly before his nonchalant, faintly interested mask came up and he relaxed back in his chair.

After excusing myself and sharing a look with Aids. I made my escape. The night was finally getting to me. Everything swirling in my head like a tornado.

Bursting through the front door I felt a little better. The breeze wafted over my face and lifted my hair with it's cool fingers. I shivered and tugged my coat tighter around me.

There were a few stragglers hanging about the pub entrance talking in low voices, but I ignored them as I wandered down the street toward the darkening play park. It was a great place to be alone with your thoughts.

My shoes crunched on the parched summer grass as I made a beeline for the swings. The motion of swinging never failed to calm me, and I could use a bit of that right now. My Mum used to tell me about when I was just a baby and refusing to go back to sleep she would have to sit on the porch swing and rock me for hours at a time.

I was hoping for something to relax me now as I sank onto the nearest swing, coiled my arms around the chains, and stared moodily at the ground.

Now that I was alone for the first time in a while I decided to dissect my feelings and maybe get some answers.

I pushed off of the ground gently with one foot to get the swing going and let my thoughts wander.

I knew that the crush I had on Guggi was just that. A crush. It would leave. Like all the other fleeting crushes, this was only an infatuation. Over the years I'd had it bad for Bono, Edge, Larry, Gavin, and even Guggi that first time. So there had to be a reason why it was all coming back now....what was it? It couldn't all be because of a kiss? Maybe I had harbored these feelings all along and never knew....

The confusion, anger and fear welled up so quickly inside me that I wanted to yell in fury. It was so unfair! If it hadn't been for that stupid kiss none of this would be happening. That had to have been what triggered it. Before that my feelings were at least manageable, but now...

I didn't know how long I'd been sitting on the swing before the sound of footsteps interrupted my musings and I looked up. The lamps lining the street cast a misty glow strong enough to silhouette a long figure making their way toward me.

I was maybe expecting Aids or even Cat but as the mists shifted and cleared it was a calm looking Edge who was walking up to me.

I didn't bother hiding my surprise at seeing him.

"Hey." Edge smiled cheerfully, a bit too cheerfully and I was immediately suspicious.

"Hey. I wasn't expecting anyone to follow me."

Edge made himself comfortable in the swing next to me and shrugged. "I saw you walk out and you looked upset." He glanced at me, maybe for affirmation of what he thought he saw, but I didn't so much as blink and he looked away and sighed. "When I'm feeling like that it usually helps when I can talk to someone about it..."

He trailed off and I still didn't say anything. Did Edge really want me to confide in him? Or did he want to talk about him and Aids? I wasn't sure about this. Edge was a good friend but it could get uncomfortable talking about our relationships.

Seeing that I was still hesitating Edge busied himself with taking in the scenery. "Did you know that this used to be where they held a market? They used to have them twice a month and people would travel for miles with their goods to sell. My Da told me that he used to come here with his Da. I wish I could have seen it." Edge's eyes shone as he looked around. I imagined he was picturing the booths lined up, with their fresh foods and clothes. Maybe there would even be an old lady selling fresh baked bread.

I smiled as I saw these images behind my closed lids. After a while in silence I opened my eyes and found Edge watching me with a knowing smile.

I blushed and laughed nervously. "Leave it to you Edge to know something like that. And to bring it up at a time like this just to make me feel better. Thanks."

Edge grinned as he kicked off and started swinging. I joined him and listened to the night. The low buzz of conversation and music could still be heard from the pub. A soft 'whoosh' of air moved across my face every time Edge went past me.

Edge chuckled suddenly, "That's what people keep me around for." He tossed a grin at me. "My brain power and the ability to know all those interesting facts. The only reason I'm kept around. Or so I'm told."

I snorted softly in the night. "I refuse to believe that you actually take that to heart."

In the misty night I closely studied Edge's face. He slowed to a stop and met my searching gaze. It was then that I remembered about the moment with him and Bono.

"What?" Edge shifted, turning to face me completely.

My brow wrinkled slightly. "I was just thinking that you don't look too terrible."

Edge's brows shot up in surprise, even as a light blush rose up his neck and into his cheeks. "Would you care to elaborate on that?"

I laughed, "I meant about earlier. When you left with Bono I thought you might come back with a black eye, a bloody lip, or at least a limp!"

Edge's mouth quirked up. "Disappointed?"

"A little." I sighed dramatically.

"And all this time I was thinking that you were the one who detested violence." If I didn't know better I would say that Edge was pouting as he said this and I couldn't keep the grin off my face.

"Oh I do, but you looked madder then I've ever seen you and you never get pissed off Mr. Master Of Calmness."

Edge was grinning now too. "I'll have you know that it takes an awesome skill to achieve a level of calm like that. I've happened to master that technique and it'll take more than an argument with Bono to break me."

Interesting. This was a side of Edge that was rarely shown to anyone. He was confident and arrogant, and I wasn't used to it but somehow it fit him perfectly.

"Wow Edge that's fascinating." I forced a yawn to make my point.

Edge growled in annoyance, a frown marring his face and I snickered. It was really fun to get under his skin.

"Really Edge I didn't think you'd take everything so well. You DO know what happened don't you?" I was hit with the sudden realization that maybe Edge didn't know everything that had happened with Bono and Aids. Maybe he was only going on about the lap dance.

"Yeah I know." Edge nodded and I could breathe comfortably again. "Bono told my everything and Adam mentioned some of the things he'd walked in on."

"Oh." My stomach sank at the mention of Adam's name. The one person I was trying the hardest not to think about.

I pictured him back at the pub, having a smoke and acting as if there wasn't a care in the world. I gritted my teeth. Why did he have to get to me so badly!? I wished fervently that I could shut off my emotions for a while and just be left alone. Unfortunately I had no such luck.

Edge lifted himself out of his swing and moved to sit on the grass. He smiled up at me and patted the grass patch next to him.

I hesitated. I knew he wanted to talk and probably about the one thing I didn't want to talk about. I couldn't find any way to get out of it though so with a resigned sigh I plopped myself down next to him and offered a weak smile.

Edge moved to spread his long legs out before him and laid down on his back. I mimicked him, relaxing into the fresh smelling grass, but also bracing myself for what was to come. I didn't have to wait long.

Edge kept his eyes on the stars as he said, "Earlier you said 'at a time like this.' What did you mean by that?"

I sighed. I thought about trying to dodge his questions and playing dumb but with Edge that would only work for so long. My gut was telling me that it might not be a bad idea to talk with Edge about it. I hoped my gut was right.

"I...I only meant that..I'm going...dealing with something." I flinched at having almost used the same words Adam had thrown at me earlier.

I felt Edge shift next to me and knew he was watching me. Although it was dark, there was enough light from the street lamps so that I knew he could see the play of emotions move across my face.

I'd never been good at hiding what I was feeling. Most times I wore my heart on my sleeve and it was one of the things I found most annoying about myself. Especially at times like these.

Feeling vulnerable, I turned my face away and mentally scrambled to get some emotional walls up. If I didn't I might end up breaking down and I didn't want to cry in front of Edge.

"Hey...Amber look at me."

Something in Edge's low voice tugged at me and I turned back to him. His eyes shone with kindness and compassion as he smiled in such an understanding way that I felt tears prickling and threatening to overflow.

He reached out and brushed his hand against mine. The touch wasn't much and was gone as quickly as it came but it was enough to let me know that he cared.

"I think I might be able to help you. I dealt with a similar situation once." He said this matter-of-factly and my eyes widened in surprise.

"Edge how can that be when you don't even know what my problem is?"

He blinked slowly and blushed. I felt my own face heat up. Oh my God this was NOT happening.

"Adam?" I asked weakly, feeling a little lightheaded as he nodded. Seeing the alarm in my face Edge was quick to reassure me.

"Adam only told me because he's worried about you. He doesn't understand what's happening, and wants to talk to you about it but doesn't know how."

I felt a rage build in me and I clenched my hands into fists and sat up. "Is that what this is all about? He sent you to do his talking for him? The coward! I'll kill him."

Edge sat up too, looking as calm as ever. "That's not it at all. I'm here for my own reasons. And it has nothing to do with what Adam thinks."

Some of my anger left me but I still eyed him warily as I laid back down. Edge sighed and joined me.
I stared up at the starry sky and thought of something. "Maybe I don't want to talk to Adam about all of this." I knew it wasn't true but really I was just fishing for information from Edge. It was still possible that Adam had sent him and if that was true they were both in for an ass kicking.

"Why not?" Edge asked. "He's your boyfriend..he cares about you and he's there to listen if something's bothering you...which I think it's obvious that something IS bothering you..."

We were both quiet for a moment, then Edge's curious voice broke the silence, "Adam is still your boyfriend isn't he?"

"Yes!" I snapped. "Why wouldn't he be?"

"You tell me Am."

I pressed my lips tightly together, refusing to answer, but soon gave up and turned a glare onto him. "Well, for one thing he doesn't seem to care about me as much as I thought or he would have gotten angrier when he found about the kiss."

Edge raised a brow in the semidarkness. "Didn't he?"

"No!...well maybe a little..only for like a minute and then he was acting like he didn't care in the slightest."

Edge sighed, "That's exactly it don't you see? What does Adam do when he's seriously effected by something? Something he doesn't like?"

I stared blankly as it all started to click into place. "He...he acts like it's not bothering him but really it is...Oh my God."

I was horrified that I hadn't seen it before. It was classic Adam and I'd missed all the signs!

"And here I thought he was out partying because he didn't care one way or the other..."

I didn't know that I'd spoken out loud until Edge groaned and I looked at him in surprise. "What?"

He rolled his eyes. "I thought you knew Adam better. He does these things when he feels like he has no other ay to express himself." I moved to protest, thinking that of course he did! He could TALK to me!

Edge held up a hand to stop me as he went on, "Wait and let me finish. He does it partly so that he wont have to feel. And if he doesn't want to feel then something is hurting him enough to drive him to it."

I mulled this over, feeling like I'd just been punched in the stomach. "So...if Adam is worried or hurting over me, but doesn't know how to talk to me about it then he's doing whatever he can do to forget about it?"

"Exactly!" Edge smiled, satisfied that I'd finally gotten it.

But I wasn't satisfied. I was feeling terribly guilty for driving Adam to this in the first place. And to think that I'd almost talked to Guggi about starting something between us. What the hell was wrong with me!? I'd manipulated my way right into a corner and now it was time to get caught or claw my way out. My best bet was to stop and confess everything. If only I knew what 'everything' was, I thought grimly as Edge stood and offered me a hand.

I took it and he hauled me to my feet but didn't release my hand until I looked him in the eye.
He smiled tiredly, "You'll be all right."

It was a statement that I hoped with all might heart was true.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I thought for sure It was going to come to blows." I smiled at the giddy look on Aids' face. She was thrilled with the thought that Edge and Bono had fought over her, and if it had been me I would be feeling the same way.

"When Edge asked Bono to talk outside I almost shit myself. I can't wait to get the full story from Edge in the morning." Aids sighed happily as she climbed into bed. I grinned, climbing over the mountain of blankets covering my own bed for the night.

We'd arranged for me to sleep over and I was glad. After Edge and I had walked back to the pub we'd found everyone outside and getting ready to leave. Thankfully Guggi was already gone, having given Gavin and Cat a ride home, so the awkward good-byes were down to a minimum.

It was only later that I realized I hadn't asked Edge about his situation that had been similar to mine. Did it have to do with Aids? I vowed to ask Edge about it when I saw him next.

The ride home was the quietest and longest ride of my life, and when Adam stopped the car in front of Aids' house he didn't even say a word. To make things worse Edge and Aids kissed good night and I couldn't stop from looking at Adam expectantly. But he wasn't looking at me. He was staring straight ahead and to avoid him seeing my disappointment I hurriedly walked away.

I knew I had no right to feel the way I did. After all it was all my fault that this was happening. I wiped furiously at my tears and vowed to not think about it.

Aids had hurried to catch up with me and neither one of us had said a word until now.
Now, as I lay in bed I reflected on the night. "All in all I'd say we must have the most interesting lives of anyone I know."

Aids laughed as she flipped onto her side, "Aren't we lucky." Her sarcastic tone made me smirk.

"Yes, we are. We have to deal with boyfriends who act like complete arse's half the time and the rest of the time we're trying to humiliate them with stupid jokes, but then we still want them to love us with all their hearts and treat us like queens."

Aids and I were giggling by this point. "Oh yes." Aids began airily. "Why shouldn't Edge love and adore me? All I've done is talk you into dating him and putting him through hell so he'd admit his true feelings for me. Then I made him swear over a cut lemon under a full moon that he'd never even look at another woman, then I started flirting with other guys..."

We were rolling around on our beds, laughing our heads off now. "oh! I almost forget..." Aids gasped out between giggles. "Don't forget today when I almost s-shagged his best friend and expected him to b-be completely hunky dory with it all!" The tears were rolling down our faces now. "Oh and then there's the best of all! When poor Edge walked up to see Bono giving me a lap dance!"

I gasped and snorted with laughter as I grabbed my side. "Oh ow. Oh my God. Stop..my side hurts!" I wiped my tears away and shared a wide grin with Aids as we both laid back and sighed.

Aids shifted, her blankets rustling as she turned to me again, "Everything will work out for the better. Don't worry."

I nodded, hoping that she was right. Then I frowned briefly in confusion, "Aids?"

"Hmm?"

"Why a lemon?"

She grinned cheekily, "Why not a lemon?"

Our resounding laughter could be heard throughout the house and the iridescent moon seemed to smile down on us as we drifted off to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up after what felt like no time at all and it was still dark out. The clock read 3:12. At first I didn't know why I'd woken up but then the fog cleared and I remembered. I'd been having a nightmare. I couldn't quite grasp what it had been about though. The wispy fragments left in my mind made me shiver and pull my covers up to my chin. I absolutely detested nightmares.

Maybe this one had been about Adam? I had a strong feeling that it had. Either that or I was looking for an excuse to think about him. In my still half asleep state my mind wandered to thoughts about him.

What would it be like if Adam weren't my boyfriend? I felt a rush of fear and anxiety at the mere thought. I'd no longer be able to see his frowny smile every day. I wouldn't be able to see that special sparkle in his eye that I knew was only for me. I'd never again feel his arms around me and know that I was safe. And I would never again be able to see his face after we'd made love and hear him tell me how much he loved me.

I was in a state of panic now as I threw the covers off of my suddenly overheated body. And what about Guggi in all this? The truth of the situation was that compared to Adam I didn't know anything about Guggi. The crush I was feeling was juvenile and completely unfair....to all the people involved.

I loved Adam..not Guggi. Why all of a sudden was I so conflicted over something that in the past I wouldn't have even thought twice about?

Laying in Aids room, blinking in the darkness at three in the morning, I had a major breakthrough. I didn't want Guggi at all!

All my life whenever someone would get close to me, most times they would end up hurting me. Could it be that I was making up these feelings for Guggi because I thought I was protecting myself? If I hurt Adam first them maybe he wouldn't be able to hurt me?

All the pieces shifted into place like a giant puzzle and I sat up in bed and shouted, "That's it!!" Unfortunately I'd forgotten my surroundings.

"Nugghh!!" Aids jerked awake, her limbs flailing, getting tangled in her mess of sheets as she tried to stand and still half asleep she didn't know she was stuck until it was too late. She waved her arms to try and save herself but still ended up falling to the floor with a loud 'thud'

"Oops." I flinched and cautiously leaned over to peer down at her. "Are you okay?"

Aids glared at me through the porcupine on her head, which I was assuming was her hair. She must've had a bigger tumble then I'd first thought. I flinched again as she sneered at me.

"Oh yeah. I'm just lovely." She pulled herself up and crawled back onto her bed. Glancing at the clock she scowled, "Would you mind telling me why you've woken me up at three in the morning screaming 'cheez-its!' in my ear?"

I laughed in shock, "What!? No, I didn't say cheez-its. I said that's it."

Aids blinked. "Uh huh...and why did you scream 'that's it' in the middle of the night? I'm guessing it wasn't to give me a heart attack."

I grinned widely. Nothing could get me down right now. I was so happy. I'd finally figured things out! "No, that's not why silly. I just realized that I don't have a crush on Guggi at all, but that it's my insecurities about myself and my personal relationships with people that made me try to push Adam away...when all I really want to do is pull him closer. It makes perfect sense!" I beamed at a thoroughly unimpressed Aids.

She stared blankly, then nodded and got back into bed. "I see. Well, G'night then." She disappeared into her cocoon of blankets. Only the top of her head was visible and I sighed in disappointment.

I really wanted to talk more but I knew better then to bother Aids again. Not if I enjoyed having both of my legs intact. Which I did.

I snuggled back into my own blankets and sighed happily as my eyes drifted shut.
I knew this wasn't over. I'd still have to go to Adam and try to explain myself, but for the first time all day I felt relieved. My nightmares didn't come back that night and I fell asleep with a light heart and a relaxed mind, knowing that Aids was right, everything would work out for the better in the end.
Old 09-29-2007, 01:42 PM   #44
ONE
love, blood, life

Chapter Twenty Two

The morning sunshine shone into Aids bedroom, reflecting off of her dresser mirror and threatening to blind me.

I groaned as I covered my face with my arm and aloud myself a long stretch. Sighing and smiling I got out of bed and headed to the loo. I stared at myself in the mirror for a while, taking in the slight changes about myself. My face was more defined then it used to be and my eyes seemed different. Almost like the person who was staring back at me wasn't really me. I couldn't pinpoint what it was exactly but something was different. Odd how I never noticed before now. Maybe it was because I realized what it is that I want. Now what I had to do was make it known to everyone else. Not the easiest thing to do either.

On my way back I ran into Aids' little sister, who stuck out her tongue at me and went on her way with her nose in the air. I smiled, shaking my head and humming happily under my breath. Nothing could dim my good mood this morning. I felt completely rejuvenated. I was a little nervous about talking to Adam but I wouldn't have to deal with that for a few hours yet and in the meantime it was a beautiful morning and I planned to enjoy it before I had to head off to school.

Aids was sitting up when I laid back down and snuggled under the covers. "Oh you're awake." I beamed at her. "Good Morning! Isn't it a lovely day?"

"That depends on who you're asking." Aids pulled herself out of bed, headed out the door, mumbling something under her breath something that sounded like, "Wakes me up..middle of the fecking night...cheez-its...damn morning people..."

I grinned at her retreating back and pulled myself out of bed again to get ready for school. I had a feeling that today was going to be a very good day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I've finally realized what I want." I'd decided that the first person I would tell would be Aids. What better person to tell your innermost desires too then your best friend? Besides I knew that if I couldn't talk about it soon I would burst at the seems.

I'd waited until we were walking to school because we could be alone that way. I couldn't imagine bringing up my love life at the breakfast table with Aids' family. What a nightmare that would've been!

Now as we headed down the street I felt safe about voicing my feelings. Aids, who had probably known this was coming, groaned. "Make this quick would you?" She glanced at her watch, "We only have an hour until class starts."

"Haha. Luckily for you it probably wont take that long."

Aids flipped her hair back and shot me a curious look, "Well, what have you realized you want?"
I took a deep breath and plunged in head first. "I want someone to tell all my secrets too, and who wont judge me about them or anything else. I want someone who understands when I'm feeling like shit and tries to cheer me up by any way he can. I want someone who makes me feel beautiful and special. Someone who knows all of my faults, excepts them, and loves me because without then I wouldn't be who I am today. Someone I can picture myself with 50 years from now and still get butterflies in my stomach when he puts his arms around me. I want to be with someone who when I'm with him and he's holding me and kissing me I know that I'm home. I want to feel like there's no one else and there never will be."

I glanced at Aids and took in her shocked expression as I wiped my tear strained face. "Now is that too much to ask?"

Aids blinked and let out a strangled laugh, "No I don't think that's too much to ask. I think that's exactly what you deserve." She pulled me into a bear hug and we sniffled against each other for a moment before continuing on.

We walked in silence for a while then Aids turned to me, looking confused. "So it is Adam you're thinking about right?"

I stopped to gape at her, "Of course it's Adam! What do you think? That it's Guggi?"

Aids grinned, "No I knew that it was Adam. I just wanted to see your face."

I swatted her arm playfully, "Bitch."

Her grin widened as she put her arm around my shoulders, "Aren't I just? But that's why you love me."

"Humph."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By midmorning I was getting a little more nervous as the minutes ticked by. During biology I wrote down some of the things I wanted to say to Adam because really I never paid much attention in that class anyway. The first opportunity I got I needed to find Adam and get this out so I would stop obsessing over it.

Edge was late to class, which was odd for him and then I noticed that Bono was acting strange..well, stranger then usual. He was fidgeting in his seat and kept looking over his shoulder at us like he had something to say. It was starting to unnerve me a little.

After class I cornered him outside. "Bono what's wrong with you today?"

Bono look like I'd asked him to be the father of my child or something as he looked shiftily around. "Me? I'm f-fine." He fidgeted, running his hand through his hair, sending it sticking up all over.

I eyed him warily. "Ooookay. It was just a question Bono...you're acting weird."

Bono's right eye twitched above his slightly manic grin. "Am I? Must be a post concert high. You know how I get after a show."

"Yeah...but you didn't perform last night. It was The Prunes..remember?" Bono's eye twitched again and I frowned and brushed his arm lightly, "You sure you're okay?"

I had a sneaking suspicion that it might have something to do with what happened between Edge and Bono last night but that they weren't telling us. My stomach tightened and I looked around for Aids. I could use her help since she was the master of getting information out of someone. She always said that I didn't have the stomach for it and she was right.

Bono laughed and tried to smile, failed and ended up with a twisted grimace and looking a little scary. "Sure Red. I'm brilliant. See you around."

"Bono wait!" I called after him as he scampered away. Something was defiantly wrong here and I was going to figure out what it was.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What do you think Bono's hiding?" I asked Aids after I'd explained the weirdness with Bono.

"I don't know but I think you're right. It has something to do with last night." She looked thoughtful, "I wonder what Edge could do that would make Bono act like that?"

"Make Bono act like what?" Larry walked up to us with Anne by his side. Larry looked edible in his white tee shirt and jeans and I had a hard time feeling angry toward him for all of the things he'd done to Aids and Cat. I still couldn't believe it but I didn't think that yelling at him would help anything so I left it alone...for now.

"Bono's acting all shifty and just weird." Aids stated matter of factly.

Larry raised a brow gave a low whistle, "Well, isn't that a surprise."

"No really Lar, he's not acting like himself." I said and Larry shrugged.

"Who cares? It's probably one of his 'moods.' He'll get over it in a day or two."

Aids and I shared a look. I knew we were both wondering the same thing...was this really one of Bono's moods or was it something else?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since Bono was acting like such a spazz and I didn't think I would get anything out of him anyway I went to find Edge instead to get some answers. Aids had left a second ago saying that she would search out Bono and grill him for answers. I caught up with Edge on the way to his next class.

"Hey Edge!" I smiled and he smiled, not looking surprised to see me.

"Hey."

"So Edge..how's everything with you and Bono?" I was never one for beating around the bush and I knew Edge wouldn't be fooled by it either. Just coming out with my question was the best way to approach him.

Edge shifted the load of books in his arms and shrugged, "Everything's okay."

I rolled my eyes in irritation. I just knew Edge was going to do this. He was going to deny that anything had happened with him and Bono, but there was only so long he could keep it up.

"Really? Well, Bono is acting strange and I wondered if it had anything to do with last night. If it does you know you can talk to me about it.." I let the offer hang as I watched Edge's face. He looked as calm as ever and I inwardly scowled. How did he keep all of his emotions hidden like that!? It was so annoying! Feck.

"If Bono's acting strange then I haven't noticed. Maybe it's his Da again." Edge said quietly.

I frowned and shook my head, "No it didn't seem like that's what it was. He was sort of acting like he had something to tell me but-"

"what?" Edge stopped to face me with a slight frown marring his face. "Bono seemed like he wanted to tell you something?"

"Uh huh..Edge you DO know something don't you?" Edge moved to turn away and I reached out to grab his arm, forcing him to face me again. I looked him right in the eye and couldn't read him. Whatever he was hiding he was doing a damn good job of it. I let him go with a disgusted snort and moved away. "Fine don't tell me. I'll find out sooner or later what happened with you and Bono."

Edge didn't say anything as he walked away and as I watched he walked right up to Bono and leaned in to say something in his ear. Bono's face was turned away from me so I couldn't see his reaction to whatever it was, but as Edge walked away Bono was rubbing his face and pulling at his shirt, looking distressed. What the fuck is going on?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What the hell?" I started at Aids' hiss and looked around. Aids was staring shocked at the door to the classroom and I followed her gaze. 'Oh my god! Fuck!' Was the first thought I had after I'd managed to pull my mind together.

Walking into the room was a girl..only she had to be the most beautiful girl I had ever seen. She also looked amazingly familiar. Too familiar.

The first thing I noticed about her was her wide sparkling blue eyes and high sculpted cheek bones. I realized that I shouldn't be staring this hard at a girl but I couldn't tear my gaze away. My God. My eyes traveled downward to her full red lips that were turned up into a small smile, and ever farther down to her form fitting school dress.

I found myself narrowing my eyes as she walked past my desk with an air of confidence that I'd only ever seen in a few people.

Aids let out a low breath next to me, "I don't believe it."

I leaned towards her and spoke out of the corner of my mouth, "What?"
"Does that girl look familiar to you?"

"Um...kind of..." I blinked and watched as the girl passed the teacher a note, he read it carefully before looking up with a tight smile.

"Class, it seems we have ourselves a new student. Usually I'm informed about these things but I'm sure it was momentarily overlooked." His face darkened briefly and we shifted nervously in our seats. His smile was once again in place as he continued, "Class please welcome..." He refereed to the note quickly, "Ah yes. Please welcome Miss Molly Hanson. Please take a seat Miss Hanson."

All eyes watched as Molly gazed out at us, her eyes shifting quickly from person to person until she spotted an empty seat. Aids and I followed her gaze and I bit back a groan. The only available seat was right next to Edge of course. Oh just perfect.

Aids looked extremely irritated as Molly sashayed her way down the aisle and slipped into her seat.
Molly flashed Edge a tantalizing smile and my stomach flipped when Edge returned it with a small grin and a nod. Molly bated her lashes at Edge and leaned in to say something but I missed what it was as Aids hissed out a breath next to me, her face murderous.

I looked back to Molly and as I watched her I felt like she was so like someone I knew. I must've seen her somewhere before. She must have felt my eyes on her because she turned and her blue eyes shined at me as her lips turned up in a flirty friendly smile. Wow she really does look familiar. Maybe she's related to someone I know...I realized I was still staring and I blushed lightly and looked away, but not before I caught the lightning grin on Molly's face. Now I know I've seen that before! Who in the world is this girl?

As soon as class was over I tried to question Aids about Molly but she kept shushing me and watching Molly like a hawk. I was starting to get nervous. Who knew what evil plans Aids was capable of coming up with when it came to someone trying to steal her Edge away.

All day we kept running into Molly. She was in the halls innocently or not so innocently running into Edge on their way to class, making him grin at her and engage in conversation. She brushed up against him in the lunch line, to which he smiled and offered to let her go in front of him. I was waiting on the sideline with bated breath for the steam to start coming out of Aids' ears. She was looking more upset by the second.

In the lunch room Molly was sitting at a table surrounded my all the best looking boys and throughout the day she seemed to have all the same classes as Edge..even the ones that Aids didn't. This wasn't good. No..not good at all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Aids they wont even be alone with each other. There will be 30 other students and a teacher with them." Aids and I were walking to our last class of the day and talking things over. Aids was jittery about Edge being with Molly in a class that neither one of us had and I didn't blame her.

"I don't care about that." She said in an exasperated voice. "Haven't you figured out why she looks so familiar?"

Rolling my eyes I grabbed Aids sleeve and pulled her aside. "That's what I've been asking you all day! I know her from someplace but I can't think of where." My eyes narrowed in thought, "Maybe I've seen her at a concert?"

Aids grinned, "Yep you have seen her at a concert, but she looked way different then."

Now I was even more confused. "Huh? Make sense would you and tell me already. What're you talking about?!" I moaned. "Is this because you're mad this girl is coming on to Edge?"

Aids laughed, "Nope. I was just playing along."

I sighed and started rubbing my temples. "Okay. I get it now. A beautiful girl comes on to Edge and you say she looks familiar and that we know her from somewhere. Only she's changed a lot since then and of course you were only pretending to breathe fire every time she so much as looked Edge's way. Have I got that right?" A still grinning Aids nodded and I sighed, "Right then...Can you please tell me what the fuck is going on!" I yelled in frustration, flailing my arms wildly in the air.

Aids took me by surprise as she grabbed me and pushed me up against the wall. I gasped, "Aids what are you-"

"Shh! They're coming!" I closed my gaping mouth and peered over Aids' shoulder to see who in hell she was talking about. Edge's face came into view as he walked around the corner..and he wasn't alone. Molly was walking so close to him that her body brushed against his with every step.

I thanked God that we were in the shadow of the overhang and couldn't be seen. Edge was smiling happily and he leaned in as Molly whispered something into his ear. Whatever it was made him laugh and Molly beamed at him as she slipped her hand into his. He didn't pull away.

Hearing him laugh like that, like he was enjoying himself and seeing them holding hands like that made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. The looks and small touches Molly and Edge were sharing made it seem like they already knew each other...and very well too.

As they turned the corner and their voices trailed off, I let my breath out. Aids leaned up against the wall and slowly slid down it. She looked pale and had a sheen of sweat on her forehead.

"Maybe I was wrong.."
I quickly joined her on the ground, "Wrong about what?"

She waved a hand weakly towards where Edge and Molly had disappeared. "That. Her. Maybe it's not Bono.."

My whole world went upside down as my eyes threatened to bulge out of my head. "WHAT!?" Aids flinched at the level of my voice and I dropped it several notches. "What? Bono?...Molly..is Bono?" I wondered if this could explain Bono's behavior earlier.

Aids nodded wearily and I thought back to that morning when I'd felt like I knew Molly already. It would make sense if she looked so familiar because she was Bono. Wait..none of this made sense!

"I don't get it. Why would Bono dress up as a girl and pretend to be someone else?"

A third party answered, "Now that's the kind of question I like to hear!"

Aids and I both jumped and looked up into Cat's amused face.

"What are you two doing down there?'"

I snorted, "Oh you know. Trying to decide if Bono's a transvestite who wants to shag Edge...so pretty much the usual." I said dryly and Aids made a strangled noise. I was still trying to decide if it was a laugh or a sob when Cat slid down the wall on my left.

"Well, whatever is going on it sounds interesting. What can I do to help?"

I answered since Aids seemed to be staring off at nothing. "I don't think we're going to do anything-"

"Like hell we're not." Aids quiet voice cut in and I rolled my eyes. I'd known this was coming.

"What's your plan this time?" I sighed.

A slow evil smile crept over Aids' face and Cat and I shared a knowing look. One that clearly said 'here we go again.'
Old 09-29-2007, 05:21 PM   #45
Galeonbroad

What the...?