will u2 be at the vmas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm in England and watching it now. It's like the eurovision...so cheesey and naff its good. What was with the closet thing? Quite literally on the floor with tears streaming down my face in hysterics. It wasn't just the bad acting but the crap lyrics!

*My cat is freaking out from Mariah Carey's high notes*

Even though I can't stand Coldplay and Joss Stone (we protested by refusing to applaud and waved my U2 flag high with PRIDE at live8 when Stone was on) I was kinda rootin' for them being the only Brits there...Orlando Bloom was there but I've never counted him as being from UK. Anyway I'm rambling...nothing to do in these endless advert breaks!

Kinda scary how Bono is right saying rock is now the minority and hip hop dominates the charts. Seems alot worse in US.

I'm watching it again today On demand just to watch the R Kelly thing again. Comedy like that doesn't come around everyday.

I've noticed that when U2 doesn't show up at things like this, then that usually means that they're not going to win anything. Maybe the MTV people tell the artists how many awards they're getting ahead of time so they won't show up and be embarrassed when they don't win at all. :shrug:

Yes,I didn't see them at Brit awards and they didn't win anything there either :madspit: (it was all about the scisor sisters:( )
And I waited the whole night to see them cos I was sure they were bound to win something!

ramblin rose said:
I'm watching it again today On demand just to watch the R Kelly thing again. Comedy like that doesn't come around everyday.

Some great quotes on the televisionwithoutpity forums:

"The R. Kelly performance was amazing! I have never seen anything so terrible before in my entire like and I watched all of Britney and Kevin: Chaotic!"

"That was like thirty minutes of my life I'll never get back."

"Wow. That was the funniest thing I have ever seen on TV. R. Kelly is an R. Wierdo."

"Oh, and R. Kelly: I don't even know what to say. That was almost certainly the most painful and embarrassing thing I've ever seen on television. Shouldn't he be in jail already?"

"Okay it was horrible, yes it was, but honestly it was one of the best trainwrecks I've ever seen in my life. At least there is someone to match the batshit crazy of J.D. on Rockstar. "

"I think we witnessed the end of R. Kelly's career tonight. Whatever that was, it was the most embarassing thing I have ever witnessed on TV. Seriously, it was one hundred times worse than J.Lo and Marc Anthony singing to each other at the Grammys. I could not look away from the TV - I was transfixed - it was literally like watching a trainwreck."

kellyahern said:
"I think we witnessed the end of R. Kelly's career tonight. Whatever that was, it was the most embarassing thing I have ever witnessed on TV. Seriously, it was one hundred times worse than J.Lo and Marc Anthony singing to each other at the Grammys. I could not look away from the TV - I was transfixed - it was literally like watching a trainwreck."

:lol:
I have to agree with this - it was so bad it became good :wink:

but wait, there's more :wink: :

"a bunch of horrible shitty R & B acts, including the R. Kelly "performance" which I will never be able to erase from my memory, no matter how much therapy I go through."

"Trapped in the Damn Closet. Damn. I was looking at it though my fingers, that's how bad it was. Rufus and Cathy foreva!"

"Still laughing at R. Kelly portraying 4 different people."

"Ha! That was the awesomest trainwreck crapfest ever. I almost wished it had gone on longer. "

"Amazingly, I had been able to somehow not hear any of the stupid TitC songs that R. Kelly had done. I had heard of the saga or whatever but tonight was the first time I heard it. Oh. My. Goodness. What a mess. The lyrics were a mess, the performance was a mess, the miming of the actions in the song were a mess. I seriously could not stop laughing."

this is good too :lol:

"Ok I just came home from the VMA's. I was a seatfiller and let me tell you it was fun! The whole R.Kelly performance, in fact, was PRICELESS. I was so confused as to what was happening I wasn't close enough to actually see his lips moving and what he was saying but even I could tell he was off. And then it lasted like 20 mins the people around me were just talking shit the whole time lol it was great!"

kellyahern said:
I could not look away from the TV - I was transfixed - it was literally like watching a trainwreck."

OMG, these quotes are perfect. This one best describes me. Today at work I would break out into laughter at random and people would ask me why the hell I was laughing.

Who in there right mind could think that was good? And why in the world was the audience behind him bopping up and down.:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Does MTV not realize they have turned into a joke?

Last edited:
I'm not really sure who is in this picture :wink:
rkellytrap.jpg

Targon1991 said:
I told you, Green day has the power to control the idiots responsible for thos awards.:madspit:

It couldn't possibly be that Green Day deserved to win the awards they did, for creating an outstanding album and the video to showcase one of the songs.

For goodness sake, people. I've been a U2 fan for as long as I can remember. They are my favorite band, one of the greatest bands that has ever been. But they are not the only band worth listening to.

Am I one of the few people that thought that Kelly Clarkson's performance sucked a**?

I hated how she screamed 1/4 of the song!

And I do have to agree with with everyone though about the show being sucky....but I mainly felt guilty that I didn't let my parents watch any of their usual programs that night...and I taped the whole :censored: show! I feel like a loser for doing that!

O.J. Simpson was sent packing when he tried to get backstage at the MTV VMAs to hang with Jessica Simpson, Nick Lachey, Paris Hilton and their ilk. Apparently the acquitted murderer wasn't sporting the right credentials.

Gee poor OJ

Max_theHitman said:
The whole show was bought. It´s not fun anymore.

:censored: MTV :censored:

the last full on awesome beginning to end show was back in 2001...this year was just Diddy's personal party. :( *blah*

I was happy for Kelly Clarkson though. :) Her reactions were priceless. :)

MrsSpringsteen said:
O.J. Simpson was sent packing when he tried to get backstage at the MTV VMAs to hang with Jessica Simpson, Nick Lachey, Paris Hilton and their ilk. Apparently the acquitted murderer wasn't sporting the right credentials.

Gee poor OJ

:lol:

All I saw was the very end of the show, so I'll have to catch a rerun and see this R Kelly thing.

Has anyone seen Jimmy Kimmel's version of "Trapped in the Closet" by chance? It was funny!

Back
Top Bottom