will u2 be at the vmas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, so much for that. U2 already lost 3 of the 5 they're nominated for.

They only have Best Group and Breakthrough left which I don't think they'll win.

I'm so disappointed, I can't believe I just wasted all that time watching that and U2 wasn't even there, nor did they win ANYTHING!:madspit: Uhh yeah if anyone was planning on watching this when they replay it I would strongly advise against it.

ramblin rose said:

God, I hope U2 wins something. I know, I know it doesn't matter but I'm competitive that way.
I know exactly how you feel. I have to remind myself sometimes that not everybody loves U2.

Hehe, I kinda lost it today when my friend said "But don't you think all U2 songs sound the same?" :mad: :turnsintohulk:
I made her listen to Numb, Mofo, Trip Through Your Wires, The Fly, Elvis Presley and America and October all in a row. I think I got a bit carried away. :reject:

No you did not Meghan. Someone who says all U2 songs sound the same must listen to them ALL several times so she can get to any conclusion!
:reject: I've got nothing against your friend. I was just thinking about mine and all the stuff they say too.

Right, they're broadcasting it tonight in Europe (well, at least on MTV UK & Ireland) and after reading this I think I'll just skip it.

Kurt Loder is 60? :shocked:

That show is such a train wreck, I knew it wasn't worth watching when Fiddy Cent said they were going to do a "melody" instead of a medley

MrsSpringsteen said:

That show is such a train wreck, I knew it wasn't worth watching when Fiddy Cent said they were going to do a "melody" instead of a medley

HAHA That is sooo funny!!:laugh: :lol:

And actually quite scary!

MrsSpringsteen said:

LMFAO....................... Fiddy Cent............LOL ....LOL, sorry but I like how u wrote that. It's so cute......... anyways I would never ever watch the MTV awards............ever , all they show is a bunch of B.S and it annoys the crap out of me. I would only watch it if U2 was there....honestly.

MrsSpringsteen said:

To me, that would have made it worth watching! :wink:

I agree the VMAs SUCKED!!!:madspit: I was soooooo bored!!! I am writing MTV and letting them know how much it sucked!!! Even the only bands I wanted to see Green Day and Coldplay sounded "off"..The Killers sounded ok and I didnot like how My chemical Romance sounded either.....
Other than that I amd not a Rap/Hiphop (I would MUTE the TV during these songs and very rarely do I like top 40 pop so I too thought it was a waste of time!!!:|

I was so bored with the VMA show lastnight that I started to watch the Transporter....which by the way that guy is absolutely gorgeous....whenever there was rap or just something crappy on. What happened, the VMAs use to be so good. The last one that was any count was the one Jimmy Fallon hosted, and that was like 4 years ago or more.

^my friends were telling me about that. does anyone else agree that the video for that song (and the song in general) is f'in hilarious? :lol:

he's coming up to THE CLOSET
he's at THE CLOSET
he's looking at THE CLOSET
he's opening THE CLOSET

or something like that :lmao:

I only watched a few minutes of the VMA's lastnight, and just that little bit made me physically ill. No joke, either. It was a total disgrace. Even the crowd.. whatever the hell that was. :mad:

What they needed was U2 storming into the place... and taking completely over.

I think these are gonna be the last days of the VMA's As soon as we all know it.. theres not gonna be any more music to even nominate. Its going so downhill its pathetic.
Oh wait... there really is nothing out there now except maybe a select few...

Makes me sick. I'm a mad and sick Fungus, I say!! :sad: :mad: :huh:

VertigoGal said:
^my friends were telling me about that. does anyone else agree that the video for that song (and the song in general) is f'in hilarious? :lol:

he's coming up to THE CLOSET
he's at THE CLOSET
he's looking at THE CLOSET
he's opening THE CLOSET

or something like that :lmao:

and should end like...

he walks into the closet.. locks himself in.. and then rots there. Muahahahahhaa. im so sweet today...

lol.

Did anyone see the empty seats in the back of the arena?

The VMA's have been incredibly boring the past few years. I think it has something to do with the state of mainstream music at this point and hip hop being the dominate musical genre coupled with the fact that MTV hardly plays videos anymore on both of their channels so this has resulted in the VMA's no longer feeling like an event anymore.

Back
Top Bottom