Will I ***EVER*** Get To Meet These Guys?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:yes: Ahh, don't give up! i too, have been a fan since 1981, and have not met any of them, either. I am thrilled and happy to read the stories from those of you that have met them-it encourages me to keep trying! Amen to that-2004 we meet the Fab 4!:up: :heart: :bono: Just let me meet Bono! I would not mind how 'meet' would be defined then!! Just let My eyes see those Blue Eyes and that smile!:love:

:wink: PS; you do know you can send a petion to the band to consider Your town to tour-if there is enough folks to sign up to see the band!! It Has worked before!:wink: come to think of it: it would be gr-8 if U2 played Jacksonville, Florida again!! :heart: U2 in Jax! Yah!:heart:

LCK said:
I have been a fan since the very beginning. Saw them live the first time in a club on the Boy Tour. I was a fan before some of you were even born! And I haven't ever ever not once not a single time nada nein non never ever ever met even one of them! Hell at this point I'd settle for a friend of Ali's manicurist, like the sixth degrees of separation people interviewed in those dodgy unauthorized videos. Will this new upcoming tour FINALLY be my chance? Anyone have any legal non-stalking kinda suggestions for me? Anyone else want to commiserate with me?

lol, and ps I'm not *really* grumpy, I was looking for more of a pouty/ sulky emoticon but the grumpy one looks so cute! It's expression made me laugh.
LCK, you should be saying "will they ever get the chance to meet me?" I mean you're a legend........ if its meant to be it will happen....

dazzledbylight said:
ya gotta believe!!! :yes: --- is part of the luck, i think. some planning and lots of patience!

I'm sending *Magic R&R {U2} Meetings Dust* to you - LCK, U2kit, Sue, Kelly [of the magic pics parade!], & Verte & everyone else.

here it comes ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

{ I've been a fan since *1981* }
my times near up in this cafe so more next time.

Aw, thank you. :) :hug:. Here's hoping...

forbonou2, that city petition thing-you can do that, eh?

Hmm...wonder how U2 would feel about playing in Omaha...:hmm:...

Have they played there before?

Angela

It will happen!!
But have you actually tried to meet him?
I've been a fan since 81 and it took me 20 years to meet Bono and Edge but I have to admit it was the first time I had tried. All the concerts I had been to and I just thought it would be near impossible to get near them. How wrong can you be? The roadies told me and my sister what time they would arrive and where to wait so Bono would see us(this by the way was at MEN Manchester on the Elevation Tour)!!
Since then I've been very lucky and meet Bono 3 times in Dublin on one occaision it was just me (fortunately with a very patient husband!!) and I had 15 minutes with him so yes I have met him!!

But I really hope that WHEN they do tour (I still think it will be later this year than some people on here think) you do get to meet Bono I will keep my fingers crossed for you!!
BUT DONT GIVE UP!!!!!

Moonlit_Angel said:

Hmm...wonder how U2 would feel about playing in Omaha...:hmm:...

Have they played there before?

Nope - I'm hoping they play Omaha this year too. :yes:
As far as I know the only one to actually perform in the state is Bono...and that was 1st December 2002. Heh.

As for my "get to meet these guys" thing.....
I once was waiting for the band only to be hurried back to the GA line. Later I found out that Larry stopped and talked to everyone that had been waiting. If I only would have stuck around, I could have met him. :banghead:
But can't complain too much because I've met the other three.....
:shrug:

eep said:

Nope - I'm hoping they play Omaha this year too. :yes:
As far as I know the only one to actually perform in the state is Bono...and that was 1st December 2002. Heh.

Eep! If they play Omaha, I'll be there, you've brought me luck thus far :hug: I need my butt warmth buddies, and I want to meet Angela!

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Eep! If they play Omaha, I'll be there, you've brought me luck thus far :hug: I need my butt warmth buddies, and I want to meet Angela!

:D :hyper:...whatever closest city it is the band comes to when the tour goes, be it Omaha (which would be cool), or Ames or Kansas City or whatever...you, me, eep, and any other people who live nearby will have to work something out-it'd be fun to enjoy the concert with you guys. :yes:.

Angela

:wink: To Moon-Yes! this petition thing was done during the JT tour- they played that city! Why NOT Omaha? I am sure it would be on route to somewhere-hee! why not give it a try-while they are still thinking of a tour?:wink: Good Luck!

forbonou2 said:
:wink: To Moon-Yes! this petition thing was done during the JT tour- they played that city! Why NOT Omaha? I am sure it would be on route to somewhere-hee! why not give it a try-while they are still thinking of a tour?:wink: Good Luck!

Yes...why NOT Omaha. New arena and all. Then again, we have a new arena too - but Omaha is bigger.
Bands love new arenas.
Where's the Omaha petition? :hmm:

And I'll need all my butt warmth buddies there when we front the line (again). Heh.

forbonou2 said:

Great idea. Thanks for letting us know about this. Do you know of any places we can visit to start something like that?

*Starts chanting* Omaha, Omaha, Omaha...

Angela

LCK said:
And I haven't ever ever not once not a single time nada nein non never ever ever met even one of them!

LCK!! Come hang out with me!!! :wink:

(((hugs)))
-Mel :)

I think this will be my year :hyper:

I keep telling myself and others that I'll be satisfied once I have a pic with B, but the ultimate would be getting pulled onstage for a dance - think wearing a velvet dress would help? :sexywink:

bonosloveslave said:

I keep telling myself and others that I'll be satisfied once I have a pic with B, but the ultimate would be getting pulled onstage for a dance - think wearing a velvet dress would help? :sexywink:

I swear it didn't dawn on me till after I had gotten it home, but the dress I bought for atlanta is, you guessed it, a velvet dress :banghead:

I swear it was not on purpose :reject: :lol:

-and the seating capacity for the MLK banquet is 2,400! So wish me luck gals, I'm gonna need it :help:

Last edited:
bonosloveslave said:

Maybe it will. I hope that this will be the year for those who haven't met the guys or seen them live yet or whatever.

Originally posted by bonosloveslave

LOL, hmm, maybe. :).

That would be incredible, being pulled on stage for a song (I know that that's been done to "With Or Without You", but my personal little fantasy is being pulled up to dance around during "Angel Of Harlem", 'cause of the fact that one of my nicknames is Angel-not that the band would have any clue that that's a nickname of mine, LOL. :p. But it really doesn't matter, I'd be happy with any song I got pulled up for...and this would be me the rest of the night if that happened: :hyper: :dance: :D :faint:...). I imagine everyone else would feel the same way. :).

Also, wishing you lots of luck for Atlanta, kellyahern! :hug:. Hope that things work out great for you.

Angela

I've been a fan since Boy too, and I have never met them. After missing them by only a minute in Atlanta on the last leg of Elevation, I finally gave up. No, wait. Don't tell me not to. You have no idea how many times I tried, and how emotionally devastating it was for me. Sometimes you have to give up a dream so it can stop hurting:sad:

Well Im waiting now 21 years.. I feel in my heart when the time is right I will have that one chance to just say THANK YOU TO BONO... I love that man 21 years and still going strong.

desiremove.gif

oh I feel like bono is coming to get me and take me away with this gif!

Back
Top Bottom