Will bring you to tears...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

seajewel

War Child
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own -- is so sad -- it will bring you to tears -- that man can really put his heart into his work -- :sad:

I was just saying that to my mom tonight that i find "Sometimes you can't make it on your own" so sad..i love that song..so emotional...:sad:

Almost every song on HTDAAB can bring me to tears without much trouble.:yes:

For me, the songs I love the most are "Original of the Species", "Miracle Drug", "One Step Closer to Knowing", "Crumbs from Your Table", "Sometimes..." and "Yahweh".

BONO IS SIMPLY THE BEST....:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

"Sometimes you can't..." is the most personal song i've ever heard from them.

When Bono sings:
Listen to me now
I need to let you know
You don't have to go it alone
And it's you when I look in the mirror
And it's you when I don't pick up the phone
and

We fight all the time
You and I...that's alright
We're the same soul

...it is so true and so touching

I think this song can help to sort out the feeling of losing someone

maybe it helps to Bono...and im sure it helps to some of us who also had lost parents or grandparents or brother/sister...

this song, these words, these sentences had been in my heart... and now bono is singing about my thoughts and I just can say a big THANK YOU to him to do this.

Last edited:
I lost my mother a month before Bono lost his dad ... much the same circumstances, she in the hospital for a month on a respirator (unconscious, though, during the last three weeks). I read the lyrics to this song probably 3 weeks ago and totally lost it. I see my mother every time I look in the mirror now, especially with me aging. Even after 3 years, it's still a struggle for my siblings and me.

:hug: swandiver

it amazes me how they capture emotions so perfectly. 'sometimes' is heart-wrenching and life-affirming all at the same time. one of the most beautiful songs they've ever written.

my favourite part is the 'can you hear me when i sing' part--the song just takes off.

i haven't listened to it yet without tearing up.

I only just heard COBL played on the Jo Whiley show yesterday as i wanted to wait 'til closer to when the album came out proper. Well........ i was completely blown away by that song!!I sat down, listened to it and i couldn't stop crying&couldn't stop smiling. Does anyone else feel the same about that song? Honestly, i think it is amazing and that it is THE song which i reckon is my new favourite U2 song OH GOD i cannot put this feeling into words& It so moved me. I never thought i would say it, but i think i have heard a U2 song to equal Bad, which i've been saying is my favourite!I've been reading the comments about the new songs by everyone here, and you know thinking, hmmm i wonder if these songs will REALLY be THAT good! AND THEY ARE!!! I'm so happy, i can't tell you. This really does live up to the hype. I also agree that miracle drug and 'sometimes' are both very gorgeous and wonderful. I'm so terribly emotional over these songs
:sad: Bono has truly excelled himself with his capabilities as a songwriter and wow i feel so lucky and privileged right now to be around to experience all of this exciting U2 stuff being everywhere! Ain't it great to be alive for these superior songs?:happy: :hyper: :bow: :bow:

SYCMIOYO makes me teary eyed EVERY TIME. Those lyrics get to me, make me think of my father. I'll be driving around in my car trying so hard not to lose it in front of my children when this song comes on.

I lost my father when I was only 4 so I never knew him, but know I get my love of music from him. He was a huge music fan.

So I can relate :hug:swandiver:hug:. It's still a struggle even after 31 years.

:hug:

I heard it for the first time yesterday it had me in tears straight away,it sends goosebumps all over me,

Back
Top Bottom