Wild Irish Rose - performed by

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah I remember seeing this documentary. It was aired here in Finland during the summer of 1995 called 'The History of Rock n Roll - Bringing it all back home', and were 10 episodes. And Bono did a short interview almost every one and the Wild Irish Rose song was performed in the last episode. I have the whole series on video tape!:wink:

Thanks for that link! Um, I know this has been brought up before, but I can't remember...is there any way to save stuff from youtube onto the computer? :reject:

I had no idea that it was written that long ago, from the audio I have of it I thought it was more recent, because his voice sounded older. my mistake, I guess.

bonocomet said:
Uh oh... if that works, I'm going to be busy for awhile :whistle:

Prepare to be busy...it worked for me!:applaud: I'm going to need more memory on this thing....:wink:

Thank you bibien!!!

Bono Mot said:

Prepare to be busy...it worked for me!:applaud: I'm going to need more memory on this thing....:wink:

Thank you bibien!!!

It was Neutral who posted this in the 'music on the internet' thread. So all credits go to her. :yes:
So it worked? I know what to do this afternoon. :wink:

I'm new to this downloading videos off the internet, the link opened up for me and I was able to download but for some reason my Window Media Player couldn't play it!?! So I'm obviously doing something wrong!!! Any suggestions?:(

Thank you Neutral! You've created a monster, but thank you! :hyper:

hcbiggs2002 said:
I'm new to this downloading videos off the internet, the link opened up for me and I was able to download but for some reason my Window Media Player couldn't play it!?! So I'm obviously doing something wrong!!! Any suggestions?:(

Me too, can anyone help me and biggs?

Val said:

Galeongirl,

I can't help but wonder what other treasures are on that DVD.

Mustreed@aol.com

I'm sorry, I don't have a dvd compatible pc so I can't send anything... but it was the Lovetown doc, making of All I want is you video, some live shots(new years' with U2 1990) and that wild irish rose thingy... oh yea also a live performance of I tripped trough your wires on some british tv...
I do have the lovetown doc on my pc in case you want it :)

hcbiggs2002 said:

from the site:

(Right-click -> "Save Target As" OR copy and paste the link into your download manager. Warning: You must change the file extension to .flv)

you need to put that extension after the name of the file!

shite, I just tried it out, and that extension isn't supported by anyuthig but it's own player... an' I'm not gonna dl a new player! >< stupid

Last edited:
Galeongirl said:

from the site:

(Right-click -> "Save Target As" OR copy and paste the link into your download manager. Warning: You must change the file extension to .flv)

you need to put that extension after the name of the file!

shite, I just tried it out, and that extension isn't supported by anyuthig but it's own player... an' I'm not gonna dl a new player! >< stupid

So what player does it need and where can we download it from? :eyebrow:

Yeah, went back to the link to see if there was some place where I could download the FLVplayer, found it, downloaded and now I'm downloading the Youtube Wild Irish Rose video clip as we speak!
I've got 77% of the file downloaded so far!!

Okay, it's STILL not working for me and I'm sure I did EVERYTHING that I was suppose to do!! The trouble of the file has no name, i.e. jpeg or AVI or bmp!?!

Last edited:
:up: Just saw it on another link, interesting to see (IMO) the starts of the 90s Bono and Edge look.

When I did it, I did the "save target as" and changed it to "all files" and then saved it. (Yep, didn't call it a flv or avi or anything.) Then when I wanted to watch it, I opened it with VLC media player (which seems to play just about anything, I don't know why, but hoorah for it). And there it was! I did a few (dozen) more that way, and they all worked fine. VLC was a free download...not sure of the site off the top of my head because I got it a few months ago, but google "VLC media player" and it'll turn up. Hope this works like it did for me! (I haven't tried to play using another media player, though. Since VLC worked, I just stuck with that. I'll have to test some others.)

Back
Top Bottom