wierdo question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Um. Well, DUH.
wink.gif
That's why I continue to think like/dress like/buy U2-ey stuff, to make myself more like the four lovely lads...

There was a post I started awhile back about how Pleba dresses/what they wear to be more like the guys. I have shirts, pants, neck chains, bracelets, sunglasses, shoes and more that are very similar to what U2 wears.

I think Bluey won that post though....not only did she have gazillions of U2-ey style clothes and accessories, but the full head-to-toe gold glitter/horns/makeup MacPhisto regalia helped in that area as well!
biggrin.gif

I also have an unfulfilled desire? need? fear? want? to sing, play piano, play guitar, and just generally be a rock star and be the center of attention!
wink.gif
(but am too afraid of doing things in front of people)

disco

[This message has been edited by Discoteque (edited 11-04-2001).]

I wanna be a rockstar. A rich, famous, rock star...that sings and plays guitar and piano.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Have to admit I just spent ?15 on a Kangol hat because it looks just like the ones Wedge wears!

But I was wearing leather jackets and suglasses before I came a fan!
icon12.gif

Originally posted by candys room:
does anyone ever feel they wanna be bono/edge/larry/sparky, female versions of them of course.
seriously.

No. I like me the way I am.

------------------
...a highway with no one on it, a treasure just to look upon it...

"She's hyperventilating." --my podiatrist (about me) 10-24-01

i dont mean dress like them or buying there stuff, i mean within your job as rock stars, because us being females we can get away with stealing their act if oasis done it they would be rips (they are) but if we done it then we would be original, think about it there are no female versions of u2 out there.
to change your personality would be stupid, but if your already like them then its ok to be like them on a deeper level, there mind,way of thinking and acting etc.
didnt some guy come out of a u2 concert thinking they were bono?
the thing with this thread is i already have tons in common with bono i feel we are simular,probely, and i have now just realised i wanna be a female version of him,its a positive way of turning sexual desire around (according to courtney love) instead of wanting to be WITH the rock star BE the rockstar.

BONOCHICK GO FOR IT XXX

I know what you're talking about.....

When I was little, my dream was to be the female Bono, and part of me still wants to be that.... you should have seen me when I was little, when I was 5 my parents got me these black sunglasses that looked like Bono's fly shades & I used to walk around the house with them on......

Now I sing and I write songs, and I've only begun to take music seriously as a part of my life recently, and I do love Larry the most but I want to be Bono because he is captivating, and he has the ability to make everyone look at him and listen to what he has to say.......

Not to mention his political and poetic genius....

------------------
~?~*~?~ Katie ~?~*~?~
....a little girl with Irish eyes......

We'll shine like stars in the summer night
We'll shine like stars in the winter night

roxyangel22@hotmail.com

Whoa of course! Larry is my hero so I always download his drummimg styles to copy him! Plus....I love Edge's bedazzed jeans and Adam funky pants!

------------------
The Proud Owner of the ONLY Cardboard Larry!!!

God Bless America and my city, NYC!

"After all it is the Larry Mullen band."

"Larry has a heavy foot it is an extordiry thing, you know, to have to stand in front of that drum kit. It is like getting a good kicking on a nightly basis." ~Bono

Originally posted by Discoteque:
Um. Well, DUH.
wink.gif
That's why I continue to think like/dress like/buy U2-ey stuff, to make myself more like the four lovely lads...

There was a post I started awhile back about how Pleba dresses/what they wear to be more like the guys. I have shirts, pants, neck chains, bracelets, sunglasses, shoes and more that are very similar to what U2 wears.

I think Bluey won that post though....not only did she have gazillions of U2-ey style clothes and accessories, but the full head-to-toe gold glitter/horns/makeup MacPhisto regalia helped in that area as well!
biggrin.gif

I also have an unfulfilled desire? need? fear? want? to sing, play piano, play guitar, and just generally be a rock star and be the center of attention!
wink.gif
(but am too afraid of doing things in front of people)

disco

[This message has been edited by Discoteque (edited 11-04-2001).]

can i use this as my answer?? it's all exactly what i was thinking when i read the question!! (except for starting a thread about the clothes)

i have edge shoes, madam adam skirts, larry-esq tear-away pants, some U2~ish shirts, bracelets, sunglasses, etc.!

Mona! i want your edge hat! i need an edge hat!

i also have guitar and have been trying to teach myself, but it's not going very well. (i played piano too for about 7 years)

Disco!
biggrin.gif

you need to come over and we can dress up and sing and play rockstar/U2!!

------------------
~MoonPhisto*

"A man dreams one day to fly
A man takes a rocket ship to the skies
He lives on a star that's dying in the night
And follows in the trail, the scatter of the light"

*ahem*

*blinks*

I AM the female equivalent of Bono.

I AM Bono....except for the...elevation...*bluuuuuuush*

------------------
~*Mona*~
WHAT YOU DON'T HAVE YOU DON'T NEED IT NOW
WHAT YOU DON'T KNOW YOU CAN FEEL IT SOMEHOW

"Your girl leans over and says, 'Daddy, can you turn that radio up any louder?'" ~Bruce~

DREAM OUT LOUD

Originally posted by WildHonee:
*ahem*

*blinks*

I AM the female equivalent of Bono.

I AM Bono....except for the...elevation...*bluuuuuuush*

Yeah, cause if you did have the elevation, you'd have some 'splaining to do!

------------------
~?~*~?~ Katie ~?~*~?~
...a little girl with Irish eyes...

~?~*~?~ Life, Love & Larry ~?~*~?~
What more could you ask for?

roxyangel22@hotmail.com

Originally posted by FallDownJulie:

Mona! i want your edge hat! i need an edge hat!
Heheh On Friday it was SO hot (I was in art class and I was stripping. It was ssoooooo hot I was sweating heheh) and Julie's like "Bring in your Edge hat! Bring in your Edge hat!" which is just a nice black Edgey hat. So I did but it was SOOOO hot.

Then during play practice Julie was skippin out and Sarah and I walked her to her car. We tried to make Driving up to the front of the school last 4 mins so we could listen to IALW. Lol! I kept makin it go back and we heard the "Friday night runnin to Sunday on my knees THAT girl THAT girl she's mi-ine" part about 6 times.

So I'm sitting in Julie's car with my Edge hat and I'm like "WAIT! It's 70 degrees out here!" HOW does Edge do it?

What thread is this?

------------------
~*Mona*~

"Your girl leans over and says, 'Daddy, can you turn that radio up any louder?'" ~Bruce~

DREAM OUT LOUD

Originally posted by wildhoney22:
Yeah, cause if you did have the elevation, you'd have some 'splaining to do!

lol!! Mooooooooooooooooooona you got some 'splainin to doooo....

No, Trust me. heheh

------------------
~*Mona*~

DREAM OUT LOUD

The first time I really thought about "being" one of the boys was after I attended the first Chicago Popmart show at Soldier Field. My little sister said that it gave her goosebumps when 80,000 people were singing Pride to Bono. At that point I thought that it must be one of the best feelings on the planet to have that many people sing YOUR song to YOU! Perhaps this is why "elevation" occurs....Anyway that is when I would like to be U2.
~Honey

------------------
The doors you open
I just can't close...

i need that, i need the goosebumps, the interaction, blood pumping and boiling while thoushands of ppl chant your song/name.
the power to change the world, the freedom to resist, the voice to bring ppl to there knees to reach all emotions.
thats what i need.

Originally posted by WildHonee:
Heheh On Friday it was SO hot (I was in art class and I was stripping. It was ssoooooo hot I was sweating heheh) and Julie's like "Bring in your Edge hat! Bring in your Edge hat!" which is just a nice black Edgey hat. So I did but it was SOOOO hot.

Then during play practice Julie was skippin out and Sarah and I walked her to her car. We tried to make Driving up to the front of the school last 4 mins so we could listen to IALW. Lol! I kept makin it go back and we heard the "Friday night runnin to Sunday on my knees THAT girl THAT girl she's mi-ine" part about 6 times.

So I'm sitting in Julie's car with my Edge hat and I'm like "WAIT! It's 70 degrees out here!" HOW does Edge do it?

What thread is this?

lol! the drive! i was going soooooooooo sloooooooooow that it didn't show on my speedometer. trying to go as slow as possible, i had it rolling backwards a time or two on the way up to the front door! lol!!

Edge Hat! Edge Hat!
biggrin.gif

------------------
~MoonPhisto*

"A man dreams one day to fly
A man takes a rocket ship to the skies
He lives on a star that's dying in the night
And follows in the trail, the scatter of the light"

[This message has been edited by FallDownJulie (edited 11-04-2001).]

Does anyone else think that Edge's hat prolly gets a bit stinky? Or does he have like a whole closet full of them? Oh...back on the topic, yeah, I have an Edge hat, 'cept it has uh, scooby doo on it...maybe I should give it to Edge...it's much more stylish
wink.gif
And I have some Larry type pants, which I have on right now...YAY! But to be a rock star? I dunno, I love to be in the center of attention...hmm...I'll have to think about it.

------------------
Dana

"AHH...this is civics in action!"
--Mr. Campbell and me at a U2 concert, 6/21/01

"I simulate love making by beating a piece of wood with a metal wire on which it vibrates."
-Adam, when asked, 'If a martian landed and was introduced to you and asked what you do, what would you say?'

When I grow up...I will be Bruce Springsteen...o yes...I will

------------------
~*Mona*~

DREAM OUT LOUD

Yes but you already know and you with your head buttin Novia. The Who are on now on that New York concert and the Goo Goo Dolls were on
smile.gif
shame no U2 though cos of the anthrax scare.

Back
Top Bottom