Why must people pick on him ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KristenF

The Fly
The July issue of Q magazine has an article on the possible fate of various performers 50 years from now. They did Marilyn Manson, Damon Albarn, Britney Spears, Thom Yorke, & Bono.

Here's Bono at age 94:

The story so far-Following 2007's disappointing A Bit More That You Can't Leave Behind, Bono fell off a ladder at home while trying to retrieve his frisbee from a fig tree & lapsed into a persistent vegetative state. After 37 years in the tireless care of staff at St. James hospital in Dublin, and with daily visits from Adam Clayton, Bono made a shock recovery and announced his intention to re-form the band. But they were'nt interested.

Last seen-Bono spends his days writing rambling letters to Points of View from his Wicklow castle.

There's also a horrifying picture of how he would look at 94, but unfortunately I don't have a scanner.

Were all the snippets done tongue-in-cheek? I have a feeling they're just trying to be funny. I wonder if they used a "frisbee" because of his whole frisbiterian comment lol.

oliveu2cm said:
Were all the snippets done tongue-in-cheek? I have a feeling they're just trying to be funny. I wonder if they used a "frisbee" because of his whole frisbiterian comment lol.

Yes, they were "trying" to be funny, but all of the profiles were really lame. I was disappointed when I saw this a couple of weeks ago, because Q can often be very witty. I'm sure many of the people here could have come up with something more amusing for Bono (like maybe that he was finally revealed to be the AntiChrist?)

I know it's a joke and I don't expect everyone to worship Bono, it simply was'nt very funny. I think if they had to do it, it could have been more amusing. All the profiles were pretty stupid, definitely not up to the usual standards of humor at Q.

I don't feel like scanning it because the descreen process takes so long...so I took a pic with my camera...which means it's not the best quality by far.

100_1772.jpg

Well, at least he's still got his hair!;)

Personally, I hate 'tongue in cheek' humor, because most of the time it's really meant to be rude but written off as a joke. :down:

wow that does look like ronald reagan! you know i think i could find something better to say to make fun of bono. maybe we should all think of better jokes about him! i will try to think of something. but come on, that clip WAS kinda lame. what did they say about marylin manson???

Not up to Q standards ? What standards would that be ? Q magazine, just like Rolling Stone, lost credibility a long time ago.
When legitimate music magazines start putting the likes of Beyonce & Britney on their covers they cease being relevant in my opinion. If you read the CD review section of this issue, they mentioned how one record may inspire teens to bring an Uzi to school, but that's no big deal. True, it's meant as humor, but again, not very funny.
People need to leave Bono alone. At least he's using his fame for something positive.
Getting off my soapbox now.

Eire apparent said:
Not up to Q standards ? What standards would that be ? Q magazine, just like Rolling Stone, lost credibility a long time ago.
When legitimate music magazines start putting the likes of Beyonce & Britney on their covers they cease being relevant in my opinion.

I agree! They are only using their bodies to sell magazines. Neither of them have any musical credibility.

:yes: :laugh: LOL @ Bono at 94! And, 'at least he still has hair!'!:wink: Ah-don't take it to heart too much! AT least they did not show all us fans chasing him in our wheel chairs! ha-lol!:wink:

"PEOPLE NEED TO LEAVE BONO ALONE. AT LEAST HE'S USING HIS FAME FOR SOMETHING POSITIVE."

Truer words have never been said, eire apparent. :yes:

I would hate to think that this might be an offshoot of some residual english-irish thing, if you know what I mean.

Q mag was the mag that just put Mr. Mathers and Outkast as more influential people in the music business then the B-man, so maybe someone there isn't very fond of Bono. :ohmy:

And, as for the resemblence to Mr. Reagan, remember that Ronald Reagan was of Irish descent so those genes DO show through.

AND BONO, DON'T WORRY ABOUT WHAT OTHERS DO OR SAY. YOU ARE GREATLY LOVED AND RESPECTED BY MILLIONS AROUND THE WORLD. :bono: :heart: :heart: ;) :angel: :hug:

This Q magazine thing was pretty mild compared to some things I've seen regarding Bono. And remember, it's not like he got singled out. They wrote these little scenarios about a number of rock/pop stars.

I wonder what they said about Britney Spears? :evil:

Back
Top Bottom