Why is --- your favorite member?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
In the Flanagan book Edge says, "Bass players attract the weirdest fans. I tend to get the bespectacled MIT students. Bono gets the poets. And Larry, unfortunately, gets the girls."

Is this really true? Is it that simple? Can you really tell just by looking at or briefly talking with someone that they are an Larry, Adam, Edge or Bono fan? I was wondering what it is about your preferred U2 member that makes them your favorite. Is there some thing that each one individually sparks in each of their fan bases?

Basically, why do you like your U2 guy best?

Well I consider myself a pretend poet (i.e. I write mediocre poems that would prolley be better suited for kindling)....so I guess that explains my attraction to Bono.

Seriously, though, I think it's that itty bitty bit of poet that is in me, that attracts me to the way he writes. I have always had a fascination with lyrics, how you could just sit and read lyrics and find so much more in them, then if I were to hear it set to music.

Lets see:

Im a girl
I write a lot poetry/songs
Ive been told im weird(LOL)
Im into comps and tech

and last but not least:

I :heart: Adam

seems to me if Im reading correctly I should be attracted to Larry,Bono, Adam and Edge!

ah shite I guess I like all of them I just go for the guys that are a little bit different then everyone else!:heart:

Interesting question. I used to write poetry - mainly when I was in college and for a couple years afterwards. I eventually stopped writing poems for some reason, but I still read poetry. Maybe that's part of the reason why I'm attracted to Bono more than the other guys in the band, even though Larry is the best-looking one.

:no: I HATE writing poetry! That's why I leave it to the B-man :bono:

LOL, anyway, I think that the strange thing about favorites is they sometimes choose themselves. For example, I used to prefer Edge. I was intimidated by Bono, I thought he was hyper and strange and had issues with self control. But now he's kinda grown on me, I dunno :shrug: I guess the whole AIDS/Dept relief deal scores some major points :up: but other than that, I just like Bono because he's Bono (yay for ambiguity....is that a word?)

But I'd like to ask, does anyone out there truely NOT have a favorite?

Well i have been a big U2/Edge fan since the mid 80's
and back then i really liked guys with long hair and
Edge had long hair back then, so did Bono but I was
a sucker for the long hair and that scarf he would tie
around his head. I just thought he looked so hot.
Then as the years went by I read things about Edge that
just kept me attracted to him like the fact that he is supposedly
so smart and I like brainy guys. His soft spoken voice also
attracts me to him. I love all the different looks that he's had
and I dont know anything about playing guitar but I know what i like and Edge is a superb guitar player. I have been listenting
to rock music all my life and the way he play's is just different.
Another major reason I love Edge is
He's gorgeous :love:

Love your avatar Dsmith:yes: Check out mine:tongue:

Last edited:
i guess it was just process of elimination for me for lack of a better reason.

bono is too loud/hyper
egde is too quiet/shy
larry is too good looking (if that's possible) and too grouchy
adam is a middle of the road type of guy...not too much of anything.

dsmith2904 said:
Bass players attract the weirdest fans.

:wave:
My entire family is weird... anyone who's been around us all in the same room knows this.
I like Adam cos... he's the most like me I think. Except 100x cooler. I would like to be like Adam someday :yes:

Kristie said:

:wave:
My entire family is weird...

For some reason I thought of you when I read that quote about Adam ;)

but hey anyone who can think up this:
moobyray.gif

can't be too :coocoo:

BONO:heart:

First, his looks!!

HAIR! I am attracted to guys with lots of pretty dark hair. MUST have the hair. Beautiful, luscious dark hair to dig my hands into.

EYES! Beautiful, expressive, baby blue eyes sparkling with life!

FACE! I love his face, his bone structure and his smile!

PACKAGE!! His butt in pair of Fly pants. His arms in that sleeveless leather vest. The way he walked in those heeled boots. The unbuttoned shirt with the rosary. His choice of clothes almost always accentuates his body perfectly. He looks great in black leather!

OTHER:

VOICE! I love his speaking voice and his singing voice!

CHARISMA/MAGNESTISM- there is just something magic about the way he draws me in. He has such a warmth about him that feels like love!

PERSONALITY: He seems like the kind of guy that would be so cool and so fun.

MIND: He is so brilliant, and I share a lot of his interests and would find him so entertaining to talk to for hours!

HEART: So kind, tender and caring!

I love Larry because he appears to be so genuine and sincere. He seems to be a good friend, a down to earth person. I like the fact that he really loves and has a big passion for what he does in life. He's intensely into what he's into, if that makes any sense. I like his boyish personality, his goofy sense of humor. His accent, his voice, the way he speaks and forms his words, how his eyes crinkle around the corners sometimes. His DIMPLES! I love how he looks when he's serious and when he smiles!!! His hair, eyes, eyelashes, lips, neck, Adam's apple, chest, arms, tummy, ehm... package, butt, big feet... mmm! I have said this many times before, if I had the chance to create the perfect man for me, he'd be exactly like Larry Mullen Jr.!!! Nuff said!

:larry: :love:

Last edited:
flaming june said:
I love Larry because he appears to be so genuine and sincere. He seems to be a good friend, a down to earth person. I like the fact that he really loves and has a big passion for what he does in life. He's intensely into what he's into, if that makes any sense. I like his boyish personality, his goofy sense of humor. His accent, his voice, the way he speaks and forms his words, how his eyes crinkle around the corners sometimes. His DIMPLES! I love how he looks when he's serious and when he smiles!!! His hair, eyes, eyelashes, lips, neck, Adam's apple, chest, arms, tummy, ehm... package, butt, big feet... mmm! I have said this many times before, if I had the chance to create the perfect man for me, he'd be exactly like Larry Mullen Jr.!!! Nuff said!

:larry: :love:

Um... yeah, everything she said! :sexywink:

:laugh:

:hug: Flames :hug:

Seriously, FJ summed up my current Larry infatuation quite well, but before Larry, I lusted after Bono for 10 years. :yes:

Of course, I was drawn to Bono's looks, but I was also taken by his voice... that man has THE sexiest voice in music. I just can't get enough of it.

I've also always loved Bono for his passion. I am so in awe of what he's doing for Africa... I just really can't put it into words. I think he's just an amazing man. Period.

The angle of that jaw line...
Those thick wrists...
That hair: red ponytail, buzzed, gray temples...
The way he cocks his head when he sings with his eyes closed...
That grin...
The way he repeats himself till you roll your eyes...
The freckle set under the left eye...
The off-center ear piercings...
The way he dances in those heavy boots, setting one foot down, then the other...
The way he wants to be good and holy, but he just can't sometimes...

:heart:

This is my question and I have unfairly waited this long to respond. Okay, forever I was a huge admirer of Bono's, then last year I had a short infatuation with Larry (um, hi, he's gorgeous, kind of hard not to have some warm feelings for him). This Edge thing, though, it's so nearly like a teeny-bopper crush thing, which is borderline sad for a 25 year old (it would be fully sad if it wasn't so much fun).
Edge is obviously very talented, he's funny, he's smart, he's stylish. He is also so beautfiul, lovely skin, eyes, cheekbones, arms, on and on.
I think the appeal is that he's seemingly shy but you know he's really a total blast to hang around.

martha said:
The angle of that jaw line...
Those thick wrists...
That hair: red ponytail, buzzed, gray temples...
The way he cocks his head when he sings with his eyes closed...
That grin...
The way he repeats himself till you roll your eyes...
The freckle set under the left eye...
The off-center ear piercings...
The way he dances in those heavy boots, setting one foot down, then the other...
The way he wants to be good and holy, but he just can't sometimes...

OMG Martha!!! I suck at trying to say what I think (see my earlier post) so I'll just give you a HUGE thumbs-up-that'll-do!!!! :up: :yes: :bono: :heart:

I think Flaming June summed it up pretty well. Larry is the most beautiful man I have ever seen, and I'm not exaggerating. He is physically perfect in my opinion, absolutely flawless, i wouldn't change a thing. His accent makes me :drool:. He also seems like a very funny, loyal, and all around cool guy. I really don't think that he is as grouchy and unfriendly as people think he is. I think he is just don't think he likes to be the center of attention.

From the description that Edge gave I should be a cross between a Larry and Adam fan. I'm :coocoo: and what I love about Adam is that he is so...ummm....ecentric. I just not very attracted to him physically, but he seems like a really cool guy who I would love to be friends with.

If you take away my lust for Larry I can honestly say that I love all of the guys equally, I love different things about all of them.

Bono's voice has the ability to wrap it's self around you like the warmest of blankets on the coldest of nights, his lyrics can make you stop and think "WOW someone gets what it's like to be in my head and knows what I'm feeling". He has this Amazing energy about him that no words could ever discribe. I could go on and on but I won't, so I'll just leave it at this.
His eyes
his voice
his chin:drool:
Every little thing about him!!!

Bono. It's his attitude I think that attracts me. When Bono's concerned, The Fly is no longer a song, it's an attitude, a mode of being. He's infinatley human, and that's what's so special about him. He feels everything so deeply, but seems to pull it all off so flawlessly, so "humanly" and so very Bono. He's not perfect physically, but he's damn sexy because he's perfectly Bono. He doesn't have to be anyone else, at least, not without white make up and gold lame...
His eyes, his smile, his pout, his hair, the way he walks, the way he talks, the way he made me love leather, and the way his voice becomes a tangible thing, something warm and alive that tempts you to no end to follow it into it's realm of happiness, passion and the joy of being perfect in it's own imperfectness.
Damn I love him! I want a man like that! At least them, I could have a child that looks like Eli...g-aaaaaaaawwwwwwwww!

Edge does pull on a few of my strings, because whenever I see him I think "Awww, it's Edge!." He seems so easy to get along with, and I find facial hair attractive on some men.

MiniFly said:
I want a man like that! At least them, I could have a child that looks like Eli...g-aaaaaaaawwwwwwwww!

A BIG thumbs up on Eli! That boy is going to be such a heart breaker!

I just wanted to point out what I love about the other three (because I DO love them all in different ways as Shannon said):

Adam: His grin, his laughter. I love how you never know what to expect from him when he talks at interviews. Sometimes he makes you go :huh: and other times :bow:

Edge: Well, really, what's there not to love about The Edge? He's just soooo sweet! And he's really an attractive guy, I love his smile.

Bono: He's just one of those extraordinary human beings. There's something about him that is heavenly. I really cannot put it into words. I just know that I can't help but LOVE him. Bono is beautiful in every possible way.

:larry: :adam: :edge: :bono: :hug:

I like Bono because he looks so maulable......plus, hes sexy!

always adored him with the long hair man!

gypsy look.......:drool:

yes, he has the look, girls prob are attracted to his bad-boy image...wild black leather image.....the whole bang-bang thang....ya know?

Bono is sexy - full stop!

hi :wave:

For me, it's Edge. Especially since "Numb" ... I got my first own apartment (together with my boyfriend), got a new TV, turn it on and the first thing i saw was the "Numb" video (it was the first time I ever saw it) ... and I thought "OH MY GOD! Who is this? That guy is soooo cool, his voice is so sweet, he's looking so good, the video so crazy..." :drool: At the end of the video, when the title and interpreter was showing I just couldn't believe it... "THAT WAS U2? But who to hell was this guy??" Yes, i must admit, till this day I just knew Bono as U2 ... *shame* :D
Since then... yes, he's my U2'i :edge:

BTW, taking about the "Numb" video ... does anybody know this "Lego"-Numb video? Somebody makes a "copy" of the video, but with Lego-figures instead of Bono, Edge, Larry and Adam... very funny! :laugh:

Greets,

BabyLemon

Well it is true that there is areason behind each person's likeness
for each member of the band.My reason for likeing Adam is that there is a certain way about him that captures my eyes.No...... i dont mean the way he likes to dress up or pose naked:evil: but the way he plays the bass......the way he's passionate about it
the way he always has that cute smile on his face:wink: and it's like u can actually sit and tell him what's on ur mind and he'll listen and give u good advice......k beofre i give u guys a long list that's my reasons.......oh and the fact that eventhough on the outside he may have that good guy look......:p on the inside he's one bad boy........u know what i'm talkin about:ohmy:

Martha -- I loved your list!!! Bono is just this amazing package of all these little things, some less noticeable than others, that add up to something so awesome.

MiniFly and Flaming June -- Totally agree about Elijah, he is the most beautiful little boy in the world. I have decided I will only have children if I am guaranteed they will look like him (don't know how I can work that one out, but we'll see).

Things I like about the other three:

Bono -- He's just magnificent. There's obviously the physical appeal, the voice, the words, etc., etc., but I think the thing that I like best about Bono is he's compassionate and genuine. Watching him go through Africa with Paul O'Neill, I was so impressed with how interested he was in people, how he would really listen to them, how much he wanted to see and speak with and touch everybody. Bono has this great ability to make whoever he is with feel like the only person in the room, in the world even, and that's a pretty remarkable gift.

Larry -- Amazing face, body, style, all that. I really dig his attitude, how he loves to come off so tough but then randomly will say the sweetest, most heartbreaking things (like when he talks about his relationship with Bono on VH1 Legends). Larry's most impressive quality, though, is his confidence. He's not stuck up, but he's definitely comfortable with himself, proud to be who he is, and he has such a powerful, commanding walk. Even if he wasn't famous, I can't see how it would be possible not to notice him, he has quite a presence.

Adam -- Adam is just cool. I get this sense from him that he could be anywhere in the world, mingling with whatever type of people and a variety of situations, and he would always be comfortable. Adam does and says what he wants, so few of us have the confidence or the opportunity to be ourselves like that, and he does. And he is also so funny, I loved him messing with the host on the MuchMusic special.

I'm amazed by Bono's ability to put into words what I could never even put into a straight row of thought.

And I'm attracted to men wearing either make-up or mullets. Or who have furrrr. :drool: :mac:

Bono because he is what I like best by my tastes, looks and otherwise. He's the prettiest (face, body, hair, etc.) and the one I am most drawn to physically and emotionally. I like everything about him.

Ooooh...This question is a toughie!

Well, right off the bat, my fav guy is Bono. Why? Firstly, just look at the guy! He's got something that no other man I've ever seen has! Yes, Larry is a gorgeous hunk of a man, and so unbelievably drool-worthy that he makes my eyes ache ('prolly from all that starin'...), but he doesn't have that certain something that makes Bono what he is. I especially love Bono's nose - it's got the little Irish dent in the middle of it, just like mine!

Bono's also got the voice of a delicate songbird, but wonderfully balanced with power and just a pinch of raunchy thrown in for good measure - it's a voice like no other.

I also love the way he talks with such passion about everything, sometimes to the point where he can't quite get it out because there are no fitting words for what he wants to say.

Also, his strutting is just great!

Bono is Bono, and that's what makes me adore him!

*Red

Back
Top Bottom