Why Is Larry Hot?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

doctorwho

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
My TARDIS - currently located in Valparaiso, IN
Yes, I'm posting this to get a reaction.
wink.gif
However, I am also serious.

When U2 first started, Larry looked ridiculous in that shaggy blond mop-top hairstyle. Hello - it was the late 70's, not 1964.

While Larry's hair dramatically improved by '87, when U2 broke out big, he was ridiculously thin then. He remained ridiculously thin through the ZOO TV era as well. So his hair was nice, but there was nothing to the guy. It looked like a strong wind would knock him out. Plus, he always had that grimaced look on his face.

Come POPMart, his hair was buzzed on the sides of his head, making him look like he was in the U.S. Army. Very unattractive look. Plus he now permanently had this annoyed look about his face, as if he was constipated.

Now there's Elevation Tour. His hair is nice and it actually looks like Larry has beefed up. From being ridiculously thin, he seems like he's built up his arms and chest. But is that a muscular build up or fat? One woman I met says that Larry is fat now (her words, not mine). It does make me wonder.

In any event, if I had to judge Larry's looks, I would say he looks the best now. He actually smiles, there's some "meat" on the guy and his hair works.

That said, there's this whole "Portrait of Dorian Gray" discussion. I never read or heard Bono say that he (Bono) has this Dorian Gray portrait, but I have read Bono say that Larry does. To me, Bono doesn't look like he's aged that much. Yes, Bono does have more lines in his face, but since '87, I've always felt that Bono's face looked older than he was - and now his real age has actually caught up with his face. LOL!
smile.gif
The only time Bono looked really young was in the early U2 days. But when I look closely at Larry, I see just as many, if not more, wrinkles and lines there.

Being 37 myself, I can talk about age. My face doesn't show it as much as other areas (extra pounds, more and more grey hairs, etc.). And IMO, Larry looks just as old as Bono and Edge (Adam, sorry to say, does appear a bit older these days - but only in the face).

Therefore, Larry ladies, prove to me:
  1. Why Larry is so hot? To me, he's cute at best, but not "hot."
  2. That Larry looks "so young" now compared to the rest of U2. He loooks just as old as the rest of them.[/list=a]

Gracias!

I guess the best way for anyone to prove their point(s) is to show pictures of Larry and tell me why said picture is "hot" or "young" (as compared to the rest of U2). At present, I have not seen any pictures that would substantiate either claim.

P.S. This post is not meant to insult Larry or to question his skills as a drummer. I'm just curious as to why he's considered so "hot" or young-looking, when I think neither. He's a good-looking man, but he doesn't look young at all.

[This message has been edited by doctorwho (edited 10-06-2001).]

IMO Larry is not hot. I don't like his hairdo or the way he stands, or his body or even his face. I think his nose is huge. HE's a good drummer, but he does not appeal to me physically at all. He is dull and boring and cold to me, and his frigid personality is even worse. Others will disagree, but let me tell my opinion too.I cannot understand the infatuation with him, he's just not my type and never has been. I think he was actually cuter as a teenager than he's been since. He's cold to me, IMHO.

------------------
*many dreams come true, and some have silver linings. I live for my dream, and a pocketfull of gold*
-Led Zeppelin

I also don't think he looks young, I agree with Doctorwho that he looks the same age as Bono and Edge and Adam looks by far the oldest.

------------------
*many dreams come true, and some have silver linings. I live for my dream, and a pocketfull of gold*
-Led Zeppelin

*GASP*......*DOUBLE GASP*

How can ye insult my larry??? lol

Larry is hot because I mean...Look at him, he has beautiful eyes, a hot body, he's a drummer so he has rhythem if you catch my drift lol...

At least to me he's always been hot...he's exactly the type of guy that I like, blonde, light coloured eyes....back in the day when they started out he had crappy hair ok....but then by War he was hot...and he got hotter and hotter and hotter until now...and I believe he does look young...He once joked on the radio that he told Michael Jackson how to use the oxygen tank...LOL...I really think he looks young cos he takes a lot of vitamens and really takes care of what he eats and stuff
smile.gif

That's my theory and in conclusion...Larry is a sexy mofo
biggrin.gif

If you have doubts, check out my webpage

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
www.angelfire.com/tx2/KITIYU2

"I am a sexy mofo, what can I say?" --What Larry really says to himself when he looks into the mirror every morning

hey! Don't pick on Larry!
I can handle DocWHo's post 'cause it was ok and fairly nice put even tho I don't think it's ok to ever analyze a person (not just Larry) like the way you did. But Autumn454, your post was plain rude. Ok if you don't find him attractive and think he's ugly, but don't say it! keep it to your self, we don't want to hear it. Especially not in that way...
It's all a matter of taste, you can't argue about taste.

Well it's different strokes for different folks!!!

I first discovered Larry at the young age of 7 (1987), while watching the ISHFWILF video. From then on, it's only gotten worse. I feel that like a fine wine, he has only improved with age.

I can't explain what it is. It's the look, the attitude, the eyes, the lips, those arms, wow. It's just one of those things. Plus he plays in my favorite band, so that helps. I've always found musicians to be attractive.

Sorry, guess I have a hard time explaining my obsessiveness.
wink.gif

Perhaps popwhore can help me out...

------------------
-The Shitty Beatles? Are they any good?

-They suck!

-So it's not just a clever name...

[This message has been edited by ~LadyLemon~ (edited 10-06-2001).]

Originally posted by U2FReAk:
hey! Don't pick on Larry!
I can handle DocWHo's post 'cause it was ok and fairly nice put even tho I don't think it's ok to ever analyze a person (not just Larry) like the way you did. But Autumn454, your post was plain rude. Ok if you don't find him attractive and think he's ugly, but don't say it! keep it to your self, we don't want to hear it. Especially not in that way...
It's all a matter of taste, you can't argue about taste.

I didn't mean to be rude, I was just expressing my opinion. I knew many girls would gush over him and I wanted Doctorwho to hear from a girl with a different point of view. I had to explain how I felt and acknowledged others would disagree, but I think my opinion should be heard as well. I don't understand the appeal, but if others do that is fine. There are all tastes, true, and I have a right to mine too. Larry is a good drummer and I admire that, I just don't think he's hot.

Popwhore to the rescue.
wink.gif

Good Doctor, Larry Joseph Mullen Junior is one hot mofo. He has been ever since the young age of 15 when he posted that note up at Mt. Temple. He was a bit skinny sure, but those blue eyes, silky blonde hair and cool confident demeanor is what made him so attractive then (as what makes him such now).

I've loved U2 since I was 9 years old, but when I "rediscovered" them at 13, my first inclination as a teenage girl was to lust after Bono. lol Then I saw the EBTTRT video and HOO-HA (lol), those icy blue eyes and those arms drew me in. I think my favorite era for Larry has to be ZOO TV, but Elevation has been great as well. He is still gorgeous, and does not look like he is about to turn 40 at all! If anything, he looks only 32 at the oldest.

I could go on all night, but I don't want to obsesss.
wink.gif

------------------
Feel like trash
you make me feel clean
I'm in the black
can't see or be seen

~April~
(AIM:pOPLemonGirl)

*~The Official POP_Whore of Interference~*

AHHHHH! You want a reaction! Larry's got a beautiful face, body, and personality! If it weren't for Larry, there would be no U2! He's got amazing talent, and his own crazy style. His punk hair was cute! And you have to remember, that kid was going through a lot with his mom's death! Don't pick on him! And he looks younger than the others, especially compared to Adam! *Foadie growls at the Doctor* That's my reation. Larry rulez!

------------------

I must stress that I almost never look at people so superficially. However, considering the very nature of PLEBA (which, by definition is mostly superficial
wink.gif
) I felt that I would ask why Larry is so "hot" when I clearly don't see it. To back up my claim, I had to give examples.

Now, I will readily acquiesce that he is a good-looking man. I will also say that he looks fine for his age. But he doesn't look 25 at all and I wouldn't exactly call him "hot." Surely you ladies must wonder why some men consider other women hot - so I am asking the same of you.

Also note, my comments have nothing to do with there being a U2 because of Larry or how he is "such a great drummer" or any other aspect related to U2. This is purely about his looks. Focus please.
wink.gif

If someone can post pictures or direct me to a site with some great Larry pictures, then perhaps I might at least partially understand what this attraction is. But as it stands, he just seems like a decent, but reserved, fellow.

DoctorWho-

This says it all, aye?
biggrin.gif

1333893.jpg

If that doesn't prove it to you, then maybe this will?

ig91725.jpg

biggrin.gif

PS-If you need further proof, pull up one of the IAAD club threads, or look in the new one.

------------------
Feel like trash
you make me feel clean
I'm in the black
can't see or be seen

~April~
(AIM:pOPLemonGirl)

*~The Official POP_Whore of Interference~*

Ooh April, that's the James Dean look-alike Larry picture. I'm going to get slapped by the popwhore now, but that's probably my least favorite Larry look in the other pic...
eek.gif

Like I said doctorwho, and you have also stressed, different strokes for different folks!!! OK, if you are a straight man (and I am not meaning to offend) then there will probably be no way that we can convince you that Larry is 'hot'.

OK, I need to get my head checked for defending this position twice to a man...

smile.gif

------------------
The goal is SOUL

Since my fave pic in the leather vest is already here, I'll post a different one.

Doctorwho-you are certainly entitled to your opinion, as is everyone else. But trust me-that man is NOT fat as the woman you met said. His body and face are beautiful.

I had the great fortune of seeing him up close-and may I honestly tell you-NO GUY has ever made me feel like I did in his presence. OK, perhaps cause I have swooned over him since approximately the age of 15.

And I am not really usually even attracted to blondes-but him-yep. And I think, just my opinion, that he and Edge are the 'youngest' looking. Larry IMO is one of the most gorgeous men I have ever seen.

Just my 2 cents..here's my pic- *drools*

larry_020.jpg

OK, I'll add another

I'm sure they are out there somewhere, but I have yet to see a 40 yr old man who looks this good...*always on the lookout*

5499856.jpg

[This message has been edited by Gina Marie (edited 10-07-2001).]

I've seen 40 year old men who look that good(better in my opinion)Here's some pictures of two of them:
7W13730.jpg

TA67109.jpg

He just asked about Larry, so that's why I said that.

TRUST ME-I'D TAKE ALL FOUR!!!!

*lusts after Edge and Bono too*

*technically re.Bono I was right-cause he's 41
*has never seen a HOTTER 41 yr old*

maybe it isnt only his looks--it's probably the appeal larry has. i agree about larry having wrinkles, and his nose is big. but who is perfect?

most people think adam is ugly and old looking. but i dont! to me, adam has lots of sex appeal.

to each his/her own.

les gouts ne sont pas a discuter!

------------------
"What fish don't know"--Marshall McLuhan

http://www.envy.nu/meisce/u2/

http://glamourpuss.blogspot.com

sleeping.gif

Sorry, those are my feelings on this whole topic!

------------------
"Were one but we're not the same... some us like the POP LOOK!" - ME!

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Originally posted by madamc:
maybe it isnt only his looks--it's probably the appeal larry has. i agree about larry having wrinkles, and his nose is big. but who is perfect?

most people think adam is ugly and old looking. but i dont! to me, adam has lots of sex appeal.

to each his/her own.

les gouts ne sont pas a discuter!

Exactly. Different strokes, for different folks.

I think Larry (And Bono,and Edge, and Adam
wink.gif
)is hot. Not only because of his looks, but because of the way he carries himself, the way he moves, his accent,etc...All these factors are important, too.

------------------
She had heaven
And she held on so tight

http://community.webshots.com/user/leyloo20

i see a love handle! *grab*

smile.gif

5499856.jpg

------------------
~MoonPhisto*

Bedevere: What makes you think she's a witch?
Peasant: Well she turned me into a newt!
Bedevere: A newt?
Peasant: I got better.
Crowd: BURN HER ANYWAY!
~Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Originally posted by FallDownJulie:
i see a love handle! *grab*

smile.gif

5499856.jpg

I just snorted up my chex mix!!!!!! lol!!!!

------------------
~*Mona FP*~ / ~*Moaner*~ / ~*MonaPhisto*~
Bono Rep. of the Ambassadorship of the World for L.E.A.T.H.E.R.

"F.P. is for Furious Poet" ~Kerouac

"Thank you all for letting me rub up against you" ~BonoBaby~

Back
Top Bottom