Why does Adam wear a ring on his wedding ring finger?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laura M

Blue Crack Addict
This is bothering me muchly and I know a PLEBA girl would be able to answer it!
:D

because he likes it...?
because he doesn't know it's his wedding ring finger...?
because.... NO, he didn't do that!!! :wink:

sorry- can't find one simple answer. is it another mysterious mistery or am i not a PLEBA girl?

An article I read recently said that he was dating someone. But another article I read said that he doesn't get much action anymore. So I don't know. :shrug:

Susie Smith is mentioned on the HTDAAB liner notes right before Adam's parents & sister, and interviews I've read recently have mentioned that Adam spends much of his time between Dublin & London, where she works in the music biz.

Maybe he did get married and didn't announce it yet.
Anyway, I sometimes wear a ring my wedding ring finger, and I'm not married either.

Also maybe Adam doesn't know the history of the Claddagh ring...he's not Irish you know!

:huh:

In the last issue of propaganda (2001) I remember seeing one or two pictures of Adam and he had a ring on his left hand. It looked like a wedding ring and I remember saying something to a friend about that. So, I know he's been wearing one for quite some time.

xtal said:
Also maybe Adam doesn't know the history of the Claddagh ring...he's not Irish you know!

:huh:

He's certainly lived there long enough to be considered Irish, 39 years.

An example is like how some people who move to America when they're young, live there so long, after a while, they simply refer to themselves as Americans, even if they weren't born there. Same thing, just Irish instead of American.

If the ring is worn on the left hand, traditionally it means married, but it also means, you're spoken for, so he's spoken for, but not legally married (as far the public knows).

Still not sure whether Larry's 3rd child is a boy or girl.

There's an awesome close up of Adam's Hand in the Pop Mexico video, so he's been wearing it at least since the mid-90's (lol that's apparently when he started seeing Susie).

Maybe it's more comfortable on that hand when he plays? Any guitar/bass players vouch for that?

yeah i noticed it a long time ago! i figured either
1. he had a ring he really liked and it only fit on that finger
2. he just didnt notice that it was the wedding finger
3. he had a special somebody and just chose to wear a ring there even though he wasnt really married

i really dont think the guy just went off and got married a long time ago. knowing us, SOMEBODY would have found out!:rolleyes: i mean, were nuts.:|

I thought it was a gold band, I have a Claddagh ring and I can see it much more clearly in pictures than I can see the ring he wears.

Sometimes people just prefer to wear their rings on that finger. My friend does but everyone thinks she is engaged and it drives her Mum mad :laugh:

yea he may just not know what it is though..granted I'm not Irish but I have one of those rings and only about a week ago I found out what it meant! I bought it so long ago and I have been wearing it in the direction meaning that my love and I have become inseperable..I don't even have a boyfriend! haha. I do like the ring though, and like all of you I doubt he's married!

Here is one picture of his hands!

cc4d3624.jpg

i didnt notice a ring but is it me or does adam look like hes wearing braces on the bottom half of his teeth in the dvd that came with the new album?:D bling :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom