Why can't Bono be trusted?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BrownEyedBoy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I've read in so many threads that usually when Bono says something you can't really trust him.

Why is that?

Does he truly see things that way (using words like "grand, powerful, guitar album") or is he trying to lead all of us on?

What's your take on why Bono's account can't be trusted?

He's usually making fun of himself, so you can trust him, just don't take him too serious at occasions.... but when he's talking about Africa and stuff, you'll know by the way he's speaking and his face that he is serious and not joking...
Usually when he talks to fans and has interviews and stuff, he's in a more jocular mood, he makes jokes, makes fun of himself, and you can see he's joking...
In my opinion it's not a matter of trust or not, it's a matter of knowing when to take him serious or not..

Galeongirl said:
He's usually making fun of himself, so you can trust him, just don't take him too serious at occasions.... but when he's talking about Africa and stuff, you'll know by the way he's speaking and his face that he is serious and not joking...
Usually when he talks to fans and has interviews and stuff, he's in a more jocular mood, he makes jokes, makes fun of himself, and you can see he's joking...
In my opinion it's not a matter of trust or not, it's a matter of knowing when to take him serious or not..

:up: well said..

an interesting paradox of being very self-deprecating and yet supremely confident in himself. it'd be interesting to write a book called "the psyche of bono: an insight into the mind, moods and mental make-up of the world's biggest rockstar."

:hmm:

:lol:

I think this is one of the reason I like him so much -- he's so unpredictable and you do not know when he's serious or he's joking (Africa aside)

^^ :lmao: "You're oging to miss out on /aaaaaaaaaallllll/ o' /this/! /Aaaaaaaaalllllll/ o' /this/!"

And haven't you heard that you should never trust a man with a pinky ring.....I guess that means we can't trust Larry either then.
:wink: :wink:

U2FloridaFan said:
And haven't you heard that you should never trust a man with a pinky ring.....I guess that means we can't trust Larry either then.
:wink: :wink:

oh and they always say a man is lying when he touches his nose during a conversation... Bono touches his nose a lot,... his chin aswell :hmm:

:shh: they prove it wasn't true a year ago or so btw...

Back
Top Bottom