Why aren't I allowed to be happy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lemonboy

Refugee
GAAAAAAAAAAH!

I feel like hitting something!:mad:

I finally get my life together and start studying again and now three weeks into the semester with an exam coming up in two days they find a waterleak in my room so now I most certainly have to move out while they break up all the floors and redo the bathroom.

I'm angry,sad,distressed you name it.

Lemonboy said:
GAAAAAAAAAAH!

I finally get my life together and start studying again and now three weeks into the semester with an exam coming up in two days they find a waterleak in my room so now I most certainly have to move out while they break up all the floors and redo the bathroom.

I know exactly how you feel! Every time I think things are doing better something else hits me in the face like a brick. Every time I think I'm a little ahead in money and won't have to run down to the last cent this month, something breaks. I believe some people are cursed. I know I'm one of them, I hope you aren't:hug:

Lemonboy said:
GAAAAAAAAAAH!

This is probably the last thing you want to hear but believe me, it could be worse.

Re: Re: Why aren't I allowed to be happy?

u2granny said:

This is probably the last thing you want to hear but believe me, it could be worse.

Yeah I know! :)

But I have been trough so much shite the last year so the last thing I needed was another kick in the teeth.:(

:hug: LemonBoy :hug:

Just keep doing what you need to do...it's hard digging yourself out of a hole but it can be done if you stay determined and don't let situations cause you to throw in the towel. I know it's stinks though...but it will all be ok in the end, if it's not ok then it's just not the end. Hey, you're getting a brand new bathroom....I'd like that! :wink:

starsgoblue said:
:hug: LemonBoy :hug:

Just keep doing what you need to do...it's hard digging yourself out of a hole but it can be done if you stay determined and don't let situations cause you to throw in the towel. I know it's stinks though...but it will all be ok in the end, if it's not ok then it's just not the end. Hey, you're getting a brand new bathroom....I'd like that! :wink:

Well the thing is that it was freaking brand new when I moved in here! :lol:

the only problem was that the toilet was loose because of a sloppy plumber, then the uni sent the sloppy fucker back to fix it and he tightened the bolts to hard which caused for a pipe to break.:mad:

Re: Re: Why aren't I allowed to be happy?

u2granny said:

I have a policy of not saying that anymore because every time someone around me says it something worse DOES happen. My mother in law used to always say, 'it has to get better, it can't get any bloody worse' and I'd say, don't say that, it could, then it would.

Re: Re: Re: Why aren't I allowed to be happy?

U2Kitten said:

I have a policy of not saying that anymore because every time someone around me says it something worse DOES happen. My mother in law used to always say, 'it has to get better, it can't get any bloody worse' and I'd say, don't say that, it could, then it would.

Maybe because I have been through worse I don't get too frazzeled anymore if it is something that can be fixed.

This is what I always end up telling myself "Self, at least you are not living in a mud hut starving to death and watching your children die of AIDS." Works like a charm :D

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
This is what I always end up telling myself "Self, at least you are not living in a mud hut starving to death and watching your children die of AIDS." Works like a charm :D

Well excuse me for saying it but I find that comment quite offensive.

Lemonboy said:

Well excuse me for saying it but I find that comment quite offensive.

:eyebrow: OK, sorry?....... Uh, I didn't mean it to be offensive but whatever :reject:

All I meant was I often find myself grumbling and complaining about things that in the big picture of life don't really matter and I try to think of how good I really have it compared to others I've met who DO live in a mud hut with children dying of AIDS.

Last edited:
LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

:eyebrow: OK, sorry?....... Uh, I didn't mean it to be offensive but whatever :reject:

All I meant was I often find myself grumbling and complaining about things that in the big picture of life don't really matter and I try to think of how good I really have it compared to others I've met who DO live in a mud hut with children dying of AIDS.

Well I may have overreacted a bit, I just felt like you were saying that if i wasn't a poor african kid living in the mud I didn't have any real problems. :hug:

I can understand though that just because others have worse problems don't make yours any easier to bear when you're the one who has to live with them. One person's pain should not be disregarded by comparing it to somebody else's situation. We all have a right to feel down sometimes :( and need a hug :hug:

Unfortunately, I have family members who cheer themselves up when they have problems by reminding themselves that at least they aren't me, at least they don't live where Michelle does :sigh: True story :tsk:

Last edited:
Lemonboy said:

Well I may have overreacted a bit, I just felt like you were saying that if i wasn't a poor african kid living in the mud I didn't have any real problems. :hug:

No, all I'm saying is that sometimes it's hard to see the big picture and I tend to get all hung up over things that in the end won't really matter one way or another, or things I have no control over and I try to remind myself that there are people out there who'd do anything to trade places. It's amazing what people are thankful for. Some of these Africa people I speak of, they are actually thankful for the opportunity to tell others about their pain and suffering.

Back
Top Bottom