Who wants to meet Bono?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tomorrow is the big day girls! So keep your fingers crossed and send positive thoughts to these little island! :hyper:

Dear God, please make me meet Bono. If you help me I'll be a good girl and I'll....I'll ....give up smoking and ice cream! ( well, just the first one maybe!) :lol:

Niamh_Saoirse said:
Tomorrow is the big day girls! So keep your fingers crossed and send positive thoughts to these little island! :hyper:

Dear God, please make me meet Bono. If you help me I'll be a good girl and I'll....I'll ....give up smoking and ice cream! ( well, just the first one maybe!) :lol:

*prays the rosary*

Ok, good news and bad news!

The good news is that they are in the studio and we saw them (kinda...).

The bad news is that we didn't meet them properly! :madspit:

I got there at about 5 pm and Emilie ( Miss_U2) was already there. The first thing she said was: BONO IS HERE!!!!!!!! And then the madness began...lol

We waited outside the studio for aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages. It was so cold we couldn't feel or toes at one point. :der:

At about 7.30 or 8 the door opens ( well, it wasn't the first time, but it wasn't anyone we might know) and guess who comes out??

GAVIN! OMG! It seems I get to bump into him everywhere! Emilie and my bf started saying: go on you sap! go say hi! it's HIM! and I just sat there staring like a complete idiot, not being able to move due to the cold there and my stupid shyness...Emilie said: gaaaaavin! in a loud voice and he turned around and stopped for a sec to check if we were going to go over and say hi...but as he saw no one moved he went to his car. DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN! Why do I always have to be such a slow coach? eh eh eh???????? :banghead: Now that action haunts me because last night i dreamt I met Gavin...:(

Then at around 9 or so another taxi arrived and it was Ali! Yeah, it was her...And we felt so stupid because we were in the middle of the street dancing in pairs trying to keep ourselves warm and she looked at us and smile.

Shortly before that a car pulled out of the garage and some little boys who were trying to break into the concrete site started shouting: Oi edge! And he stoped for a minute to talked to them, but as we weren;t sure if they were lying or not ( because they had been teasing us before edge came out) we didn't go over to check...All together now: YOU ARE STUUUUUUUUUUUPID!

:der:

And in the end when Bono came out he didn't stop because Ali was in the car so it was it was a complete waste of a night ! :huh:

But I suppose I could go to the studio next week and hopefully my luck will improve a little bit!

Oh! I forgot! When I was going home on a taxi last night, the taxi driver told me where Gavin lives! :tongue:

He also told me a really cool story about him having a fight with Bono over some parking space without realising it was him. And when his mate told him: hey! Isn;t that Bono? He was like: oh! Sorry man, I didn't know it was you....:lol:

But the best thing was that he said his uncle works for Mother records so he said: Give me your phone number, and if i can get some U2 stuff I'll give you a ring!

How cool is that??? :D ( I hope he keeps his promise!)

Niamh_Saoirse said:

The good news is that they are in the studio and we saw them (kinda...).

The bad news is that we didn't meet them properly! :madspit:

I got there at about 5 pm and Emilie ( Miss_U2) was already there. The first thing she said was: BONO IS HERE!!!!!!!! And then the madness began...lol

We waited outside the studio for aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages. It was so cold we couldn't feel or toes at one point. :der:

At about 7.30 or 8 the door opens ( well, it wasn't the first time, but it wasn't anyone we might know) and guess who comes out??

GAVIN! OMG! It seems I get to bump into him everywhere! Emilie and my bf started saying: go on you sap! go say hi! it's HIM! and I just sat there staring like a complete idiot, not being able to move due to the cold there and my stupid shyness...Emilie said: gaaaaavin! in a loud voice and he turned around and stopped for a sec to check if we were going to go over and say hi...but as he saw no one moved he went to his car. DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN! Why do I always have to be such a slow coach? eh eh eh???????? :banghead: Now that action haunts me because last night i dreamt I met Gavin...:(

Then at around 9 or so another taxi arrived and it was Ali! Yeah, it was her...And we felt so stupid because we were in the middle of the street dancing in pairs trying to keep ourselves warm and she looked at us and smile.

Shortly before that a car pulled out of the garage and some little boys who were trying to break into the concrete site started shouting: Oi edge! And he stoped for a minute to talked to them, but as we weren;t sure if they were lying or not ( because they had been teasing us before edge came out) we didn't go over to check...All together now: YOU ARE STUUUUUUUUUUUPID!

:der:

And in the end when Bono came out he didn't stop because Ali was in the car so it was it was a complete waste of a night ! :huh:

But I suppose I could go to the studio next week and hopefully my luck will improve a little bit!

Well, at least they were there :yes: It sounds like a fun (if really cold) night :lol:

Better luck next time :hug:

oh my god!!!!! it was a coooooooooooool night, freezing but... told u they will be here!!!!
if we didnot see thm, it ur fault, because u didnot want to sing!!!!! and i told u, that's the tradition to bring luck!!!!
today, at the managment, we saw the same odl man who got in a taxi on friday, i think he is the producer of the album...but at the studios, they were not here....

Haha, Gavin and Ali but no Bono - that's hilarious. But think of it this way, at least THEY'RE IN THE STUDIO working on MUSIC!!! Sounds like Ali and Gavin are doing a good job of keeping them on task.

I can totally relate to the waiting in the cold. When we met Bono last year we waiting in line outside for 24 hrs (7pm-7pm) in December in Nebraska (no snow, but cold wind) and it was 22 degrees during the night, sleeping on the cold cement! And when we met Bono in the morning, he actually commented on how cold my hands felt and was sort of mocking the fact that I was wearing two jackets with both hoods on. I definitely had an awful fever when we got back, but I would do it all again in a second!

Last edited:
Niamh_Saoirse said:

Ummmm....Yes? :shifty: :reject: :help: *runs away before she gets mobbed*

I understand, you were just working your way up to it :yes: :hug:

baby steps, you know . . . accidently running into Gavin, then running away from Gavin, then running into Ali, . . . baby steps :wink:

Actually, you're having a pretty good run of luck in the last month or so, you're bound to meet them soon :)

Niamh_Saoirse said:

I should have added "and Gavin" to the note :banghead:
:)

kellyahern said:

I understand, you were just working your way up to it :yes: :hug:

baby steps, you know . . . accidently running into Gavin, then running away from Gavin, then running into Ali, . . . baby steps :wink:

Actually, you're having a pretty good run of luck in the last month or so, you're bound to meet them soon :)

*keeps her fingers crossed* :hyper:

I swear, if i don't meet Bono soon I'm gonna go cucoo cucoo :der:

god, flavia, did u read the news??? bono and ali went to lillies on friday night, after the left the studios!!! we were right, ali came to the studios to pick him up to go in town!!!!! we should have gone to the lilles, at leat, in front of the door!!!
adn bono was with daniel lanois on tuesday in london, so maybe on thursday, he will be there at his concert in dub!!! aaaaaahhhhhhhhh

oh my i did not tell you all.... me and my friend went to the clarence, and we had dinner in the tea room, at bono's table, the waitress was soooooooo cool with us, as he saw we were fans... i think we could get some informations about U2 now because of him!!!!
oh gosh, i sat where ali sat, and my friend where bono sat... hihihihihihihihihihihihi
it drives me nuts!!!!

Hi girls. Will ye be at Lanois's concert in the olympia thursday? If not I hope to run into ye this weekend at the studio. C u then.

Okay ladies iam plannin to go to Dublin for a week 9th November :) I hope i'll be able to manage the trip! Wooohooo!

Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeemon!!!! You lucky bastard!!! LOL j/k! Love ya! Miss ya! If you see Larry tell him I say "Hello Gorgeous!" And drink a few Archer's for me :D oh and Wkd Blue too...damn I miss that stuff...and Silk Cut ciggys..*pout* I wish somebody could send me some!!!!! *hint* LOL

Last edited:
Mr_LeMon said:
Okay ladies iam plannin to go to Dublin for a week 9th November :) I hope i'll be able to manage the trip! Wooohooo!

Cool! Let us know whn you are in town! I'm going to Italy on holidays next Wednesday 5th and I'm coming back on the 13 th and then im off to Dundalk for the weekend.

So if you manage to stay in town a few more days we could all meet up and go to the studio! :hyper:

Mullen-Girl said:
Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeemon!!!! You lucky bastard!!! LOL j/k! Love ya! Miss ya! If you see Larry tell him I say "Hello Gorgeous!" And drink a few Archer's for me :D oh and Wkd Blue too...damn I miss that stuff...and Silk Cut ciggys..*pout* I wish somebody could send me some!!!!! *hint* LOL

You bad bad girl! Stop smoking! :tsk: :sexywink:

Actually, i gave up smoking a couple of months ago. The thing is that i really didn't want to stop smoking, but after one afternoon I spent at the pub smoking, I started feeling so damn sick, that since that day, every time i smell cigarette smoke i feel like pucking! :huh:

Oh well, I suppose it'll do me good...But I still miss my ciggies tho...:(

Hanover said:
Hi girls. Will ye be at Lanois's concert in the olympia thursday? If not I hope to run into ye this weekend at the studio. C u then.

Hey there! I'm not going to the gig, but I'm up for hanging outside the studio! :D

Back
Top Bottom