Who Is Your Closest Forum Friend?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hanover

The Fly
Somewhat akin to yesterday's thread only this time we'll deal with people that are actually here.

Just name the person (Forum name) whom You get on best with or someone whom You wold now regard as a friend.

Not as easy as I first anticipated...oh yeah, if you aren't comfortable with being put under the spotlight, alternatively you may name several people, thus avoiding feeling pressurized by just naming one. Your choice.

Hmm...I'm going for CELIA

(and the rest of the PLEBAns...)

Play it safe....that's me!

Are you more courageous?

Last edited:
I can't pick one...no way...and I don't want to hurt feelings by excluding anybody if I name a few.

A special thanks to those people who have helped me so much, particularly outside the forum...you know who you are. :heart:

Oh I could never pick just one person out! There are so many special people here :hug:

I'm happy to say that I think I have a lot of friends here. *fuzzies just thinking about it*

*BIG smile*

I know I keep fading in and out of here like a bad radio reception but I'm so glad I come back when I do.

I'd have to say I have three or four very close friends here at the moment who I talk to EVERY single day and we all know what's going on with each other and it's been a tremendous source of warmth and security for me lately.

Why do I feel like I'm on a cheesy reality show? Lol. And now the roses go to ... *cracks up* GOD i hate those shows with the white hot passion of a BILLION burning suns. :rant:

ANYWAY ...

Edgette = You make me want McNuggets, you're my "lying on a car talking about bugs bunny as a girl bunny and whistling the star trek theme" friend. Someday we'll do that for real and I'm pretty sure I'd get sucked up by the plane when it passes overhead. So enjoy it while you can. Poo. FE-REG! *HUGS*

BonoBabe40 Few things in the world bring me more joy than making you spit various drinks out yer nose with my chihuahua jokes. *HUGS*

CALI One word. SAB!!!! SAB! We are like SCARY Sab. DUCKY POWER FOREVER. You're always there to cheer me up when I need it and we have matching fish. What else could I want from my backup lesbian? *HUGS*

Falling Star Ohhhhhh where to start? LOL. God help Germany when I come to visit! We trade bears for marmots and have a freaky international sickness/injury connection. DON'T GET HIT BY A CAR!!! You're one of the most amazing creative minds I've met and just ... generally all sorts of trouble waiting to happen in a GOOD way. :yes: *snuggle* *hugs*

-B

Kay, so I was thinking for 5(!) minutes about that sentence...'one of the most amazing creative minds'.......WHERE is the catch? :lol: I'm not creative cos I can pull a STOCKING over a self mady lamp shade, right? :lmao:

:|

:hug:YEAH, the ENTIRE rp GANG! LOVE YOU GIRLS!!ALL!!!:hug:

Anyway, I have to say..................*taDA*, bluey! And rafmedu2 - is that his real forum name? o_O Well, THIS one, you know who I mean.....Those two are the ones I am ALWAYS taking with, no matter if i get only at 6pm and stay till..*erhm* 6am or going on at 8am, they are ALWAYS on. *snorts* They have no life just like me. :shifty: Okay, THEY do, I have none.....But thinking of it - JUST because I am online starting from 6pm and NEVER meeting with dumbasses from school, NEVER going out - WHY should I have no life, huhhuhHUH? *sighs* So, these two. :hug: It'll bbe so great in Dublin! Do NOT think on getting ILL or DIE till we meet!!! Love you, Jen.

Minifly (who doesn't post often). But she's my real life best friend, so she doesn't really count.

In no particular order: ABEL, cujo, IWasBored, and u2popmofo are the people that I am closest with, but there a lot of other people who I consider friends too.

I'd say Kariann and Schmeg for sure since they went all the way to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame to go there with me even after they had each already been there. That was the coolest weekend. :yes:

But I have lots of other forum buddies, especially IWasBored. Who would I have chatted with on AIM until 4 AM everyday when I was unemployed for 4 months?

A lot of the people I enjoy hanging out with the most I met through here or through other U2 related events. Kristie, Beth, Eep, Lindsay (ok, she's a Zootopian, but we're working on her!) Gina, J, you all rock! Also, there's some here I've never met and don't talk to as much but I'm sure we'd get along fine (Kim, BC, Angela, etc).

This is a tough one...even though I don't visit much, I consider all the PLEBA girls my friends because this was the first place I visited and really got to know everyone.

I would probably say that Mrs. Edge is my closest friend, both on-line and in the real world. I also have a few other people who I feel close to and know I can turn to if I'm having a problem or need to vent...Sicy, Martha, Icelle, MVD, Bonochick, LMPA, ABEL, adamswildhoney, guaca...I know I'm leaving some important people out but I can't possibly name them all.

:heart:interference friends:heart:

i have been through more in these past 2 months then i care to think about....and i'm SO grateful that it happened to coincide with the same time that i met some AMAZING people here. don't get me wrong my friends i have at home and here are amazing and i love all of them to pieces...but some people i met here...just....GET me.

bonobabe40.....i couldn't have more fun talking to you...even though our muses will NOT COOPERATE! thank you for always listening to me when i'm having a rough day. *HUGSCUDDLES*

falling star....you were the original link for me here to get in touch with all of the rp girlies, i'm so grateful for that, and for all the fun times we've had. *HUGS*

edgette....you always manage to make me smile, whether with fun stories or amazing pictures, lol...thanks for always listening to me. *HUGS*

bluephisto...*wicked grin* i couldn't possible ask for a more perfect person to be SAB from....you just seem to understand me and you ALWAYS can cheer me up. i'm so grateful to be able to talk to you and have fun with you. there are days where i'm just living through the day to come home and talk to you for the evening, have some fun, lol. *HUGSHUGS* thanks so much for listening and helping these past few months.

LOVE YOU GUYS THANK YOU FOR ALL THE FUN

I'm VEHKLEMPT!!!! *Waves hand in front of face like a fan* Tawk amongst yerselves .... I'll give you a topic ... The Virgin Prunes were neither virgins, nor prunes ... DISCUSS!

*HUGE HUG to Falling Star and Cali*

AWwwwwww. All my bitches ... awwww.
:love:

Okay this is really hard bc I talk to everyone but just not all the time. So I have many fourm friends! Some of the people I talk to quite often: DML, Bono'sAmericanWife, LMPA, Sicy, ABEL, StoriesforBoys, FishNeedsABicycle, OliveU2cm, Kristie, Hippy, Bonochick,MVD75 and so many others to mention :wink:

bluephisto said:
I'm VEHKLEMPT!!!! *Waves hand in front of face like a fan* Tawk amongst yerselves .... I'll give you a topic ... The Virgin Prunes were neither virgins, nor prunes ... DISCUSS!

:lol:

bluephisto said:

:lmao:

Are you SURE they weren't VIRGINS?! :lmao:

I would have to say Schmeg and ARW9797. A year ago I would have never imagined that I would actually get to know anyone to the point that I would consider them a friend or drive to Cleveland to meet them. Both of these gals are great and sometimes it feels like we were meant to know one another.

IWasBored is also great and I appreciate her music knowledge and suggestions and is a hell of alot of fun to watch a baseball game with!

It was great to meet Fishy at the Bruce show (hi Feesh!). She's the only Pleban I've met due to no money and a full class schedule. :( But I could'nt let this thread go without a shout out to the AFW ladies, Olive who hosts the Angels, and some of the gals like Kitten, Verte, Elizabeth, Daisybean, Sula, Hotpepper, Bonochick, Boston Anne (going back in time here...) who were there in the beginning when it started. :) And everyone whose name is escaping me. :D

Pleaba is full of warm and funny ladies! :yes: :wave:

sd

ARW and Kariann, right back atcha! Thanks for not being crazy old men when I flew to Cleveland to meet you! That WAS a cool weekend and I hope we can do it again...at a really big mall...sometime in December if Gap lets two of its finest workers go away during Holiday. :D
And then there's the I Will Follow: Share the Passion (Got the Batteries and the Handicam) Tour!! :hyper:

I'm also a big fan of IWasBored and her insane post count, musical snobbery, and her comments in my journal. Random hijackifications and mini-Dropkick Murpheys PLEBA a-go-go!

Honorable mentions to ILuvLarryMullen, u2popmofo, and cujo/Pinball Wizard for keeping me laughing. And to The Jim who posted in Randoom like 8 times but he's my brother so I guess I should say him...and his Babyface Cafe post revealed that some people think I'm a guy. :laugh:

:heart: Interference :heart:

i have a lot...my best friends probably are j, eep, ellen, and lies...cause i do a lot of stuff with them besides the forum. actually, i knew all 4 of them from other stuff before interference. i'm really good friends with arun too, but i've never really talked to him through intereference...just how we met.

but interference friends: kristie, hippy, gina, kelly, moonie, and lilly. although i haven't been in much contact with several of you guys in a long time :(

maybe cause i don't have much time to come here anymore...i hang out in THE thread and band & clatter mostly.

Well, that's a tough one , Hanover ( oH! and by the way,I owe you a complete report about last friday. And thanks for the good wishes! :D )

everybody around here is lovely and makes you feel at home.

The ones i feel closer to are those who i spend hours talking to or those who I have met: Rafmed ( ya te voy a mandar una botella de chimichurri!) Teehee, Bammo, Falling Stars ( and our endless chats about Gavin!) Tanya ( i think her forum name is Tanya_Uk...you see she spends more time in the chat room than in here!)

But I have to say I really like everybody around here and the band must be proud of having such a cool bunch of fans! :D

Awwww Hanover u picked me! Sorry I haven't been around much lately, (had a lot of uni work) only just read this thread...

I pick u Hanover!!! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom