Who else...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

starsgoblue

Blue Crack Addict
This is a two parter: What other musicians have you met? What other musicians would you like to meet?

I'll go first...

Danced onstage with a few of my friends and Mark McGrath :wink:
u6c60

And met Ben Folds:

u6c9f

I would like to meet...David Gilmour:

u6cdg

Hahahaha, my friend Kate kissed Mark McGrath like 6 years ago. She still reminisces....

I've met Jerry Douglas, he used to be my neighbor when I lived in Nashville. He's the worlds greatest dobro player and is on the 'O Brother Where Art Thou?' soundtrack. He often plays with Allison Krauss and Union Station. He uses his grammys as doorstops :lol:.

I think he's the only famous musician I've met but I've met many other famous people.

I've met INXS - Michael Hutchance (sp I know) was very sweet and funny - I was devastated with his death
Harry Connick Jr. - also very sweet - was up on stage with him when he came to my college:)

pretty small list:reject:
but you never know it might get longer next year:)

I met Cam Muncey (Jet) last February, he was an awesome guy. I would like to meet U2, The Wallflowers, Pete Yorn and Yogi (Sugarglider).

:hmm: Is that too much? a girl can dream, right? hehe :wink:

starsgoblue said:
This is a two parter: What other musicians have you met? What other musicians would you like to meet?

I'll go first...

Danced onstage with a few of my friends and Mark McGrath :wink:
u6c60

I :heart: Mark McGrath! HOTTIE!

I've met Bono 3x
Adam Clayton
Paul McGuiness
Limahl from Kajagoogoo-Didn't believe it was him until I made him sing the 1st verse of Too Shy in my ear
Simon Lebon and Nick Rhodes
All of Third Eye Blind
Boy George :reject:

I know there's a lot more but I can't think right now....

I'd love to meet Edge and Larry :D
Elton John
Billy Joel
John Bon Jovi

I met Bruce very briefly in 2002, outside his hotel. It was great because only me and some guy were there. I didn't want to ask him for a picture because he had just come back from a sad event, but I did get his autograph and he put his arm around me, which I considered better than any picture could be. I was so in awe that I forgot to take the CD booklet he signed, and he laughed and said "hey don't forget this".

I also met YoYo Ma (he was so nice, he's a famous cellist for anyone who doesn't know :) )), met Bono and Larry once outside their hotel. I tried to meet Paul McCartney once, no luck. I think he's very wary of people for obvious reasons. I saw some of the Rolling Stones once, but they won't even come over to people. That really didn't bother me at all :|

I'd like to meet Sarah McLachlan and Michael Stipe. Edge and Adam too. I wouldn't mind meeting Bruce again, or B& L either. But honestly it's not that big of a deal to me if I don't :shrug:

Last edited:
I've met David Byrne from the Talking Heads and met and was hugged by Willie Nelson:hug:

I met.. um.. Chris Martin and the singer for Ash

and I have definately lost my picture on my computer of me and gina and chris martin. I'll have to go scan it again. I shall return! :yes:

I've met:

Bono
I SAW Edge and Paul McGuinness
Brad Pitt
Harrison Ford
Steve Martin
Jason Newsted & James Hetfield (Metallica)
SAW Sean Penn :|
I also hugged Mark McGrath at a concert. He is a WEIRD guy.

I would like to meet BB King, Bono again, and everyone in the Sexiest Man Alive thread. :shifty:

I've met

Bono
Edge
Adam
Noel Gallagher
Michael Stipe
Peter Buck
Mike Mills
Alan Parsons
Pete Best
Neil Innes
Billy Preston
Colin Hay of Men At Work
Robbie McIntosh
Hamish Stuart
Wix Wickens (last three have played with Paul McCartney's band)

Nearly met Ringo, he walked right by and gave my friend (eep) a high five.

I'd love to meet:

Pete Townshend
Paul McCartney
Ringo
Larry Mullen Jr.
Edge again :D

Actors I've met (short list):

Michael Palin
Eric Idle

I forgot Daniel Lanois. :reject:

Last edited:
I met Daniel Lanois after a show in a really tiny club about a year and a half ago...Mr. BAW and I were the only ones who stuck around post-show and got to have a really nice conversation with him. My camera battery died just as the show started so I didn't get a picture but he did sign my Joshua Tree CD.

I met BP Fallon in October...he's hilarious!

Me, BP, adamswildhoney & Dano from Elevation USA :D

34254%3B9923232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2326%3D8%3A%3A%3D83%3A%3DXROQDF%3E23236%3A%3A3%3A5946ot1lsi

kellyahern said:

:up:

I met Bono for about .7 seconds :lol:

And so did you Souly :hug: Pelicans and dude pens count too :lol:

Emilie, Flavia, and Daniel Lanois - I remember that, good times :up: :)

:lol::hug:

We're going to meet them this tour. I've got a good feeling :D

Back
Top Bottom