Who do you think you'd best get along with?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who do you think you'd best get along with in U2?

• Bono

Votes: 19 27.9%
  • The Edge

Votes: 20 29.4%
  • Adam

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Larry

Votes: 13 19.1%
  • A combination of the four.

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • I don't know enough about them!

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
I chose Bono because I think it would be nearly impossible not to get along with him. He is so sincere and generally interested in other people, what they think and how they feel. Bono has this ability that when he talks to someone, they are the only person there, all you have to do is watch his recent trip to Africa to see how completely great he is with people.
I would think that with Bono you could do and say anything -- race cars, skip stones, eat and drink too much, talk politics, dissect books, interpret art.
I'd love to meet and attempt to have a slightly intelligent conversation with The Edge, but I don't think it would be as easy as with Bono. I just feel like if you sat at a table with Bono, you could be laughing and talking like old friends in minutes, he just has this amazing ability to put people completely at ease.

Well, this is me in a bit of a nutshell:

(this is taken directly from Bill Flanagan's book)

Many people on this planet say they hate horseshit, but no one hates horseshit as much as Larry Mullen, Jr., does. The possibility that he might somehow add to the rising stew of crap that threatens to submerge our civilization in hype and nonsense appalls him so much that he slaps on a scowl and shuts his mouth at the first inkling of gladhanding, backslapping, false sincerity, sucking up, ass-kissing, air-kissing, overpraise, fair-weather friendship, freeloading, hyperbole, ligging, flattery, posturing, complement chewing, ego-stroking, bootlicking, cheek-smooching, groveling, pratspeak, toadying, leg-lifting, fame-grubbing, schnoring, idol worship, starfucking, or brown-nosing.

I don't like bullshit. at. all. I hate it when people try to suck up to me because they want something.

So, in lots of ways, I'm a lot like Larry. I think I would probably get along with him best because he has a wry sense of humor, a quick wit, and loves to play practical jokes on people. I witnessed first-hand his quick wit/wry sense of humor. Rock on, Larry Mullen.

Moonie :D

Time now for an amendment...

Alright, who in U2 do you think you'd best get along with in a relationship? Yes, if you were to date any one of them, who do you think you'd end up marrying and who do you think you'd break up with in a week? I can't change the poll, so you'll have to answer in the form of a post. :D Have fookin' fun!!

:dance: :laugh: :lmao: :heart:

HUH? Marying or breaking up?:cute:

Well hmmm...I think I would break up with Larry...just don't know why...well hmm...maybe we don't have the same type of personality...I mean he...nooooo. I've changed my mind... he must be so understanding...yeah...okay but I wouldn't marry him...and on the other hand

let's see the marriage...with hehe of course Adam...well..why not.I can really imagine myself with him...I mean living together having rows...okay that's not but Betty I think you should post the poll version of this...this would be a great thread...and I offer my help with the votes!

This is gonna be strange coming from me, but I think a "relationship" between me and Bono would not last.

I am not a very good listener...and since he likes to talk...I would find my self zoning out and not listening...or smiling and nodding all the time thinking "GAH I wish he would shut up already" Plus I am more of the type who would prefer at quiet night at home rather than club hopping....I think we would be the least compatable...but I :heart: his mind and soul.

friendshipwise i think i would get along better with either adam or bono the best. both larry and edge would be great when ya get to know them but edge seems to quiet, shy and serious for me and larry seems the type of person that you would have to initially (at least) watch what you say or do around him or he would totally get snarly with ya.

as for relationships....adam definately. it just seems like it would be so fun to date him and it probably last the longest between me and him. i'd like to give dating larry a try but for the reason mentioned above that might be a bit difficult. bono would definately be too hyper and he's way too much of a flirt. (i'm generally a secure trusting person but even i have my limits :D ). edge just seeems too intense a person for me. i don't know, i like a person to be a litttle more laid back and that doesn't take life and all the shit that comes with it too seriously, and from what little i know about him (at that's not much) he seems to be a very intense person.

man did i ever just start rambling....excuse me while i jump into the :reject:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom