Who all has met the guys?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Have you met U2?

• yes, I am the envy of everyone who hasn't.

Votes: 47 40.2%
  • NOPE!!!

Votes: 70 59.8%

• Total voters
:( Unfortunatley, no. But I would LOVE to. Esp Larry. Ladies, he's just as sexy in person. I didn't "meet" him, but I was really close to him, and not that way LOL, I wish :drool:

I don't even know what I would say. I think I'd be in shock and just stand there not saying a word LOL

I haven't, but Larry did smile at me (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) at one of the NYC Elevation shows. Gah...I will NEVER forget that.

:drool: :larry: :drool:

[color=royal blue]Loopy....your username reminds me of Froot Loops and makes me want to see Bono dressed as a Toucan so I can take him home with me cuddle him. *sniff*[/color]

MonaVox said:
[color=royal blue]Loopy....your username reminds me of Froot Loops and makes me want to see Bono dressed as a Toucan so I can take him home with me cuddle him. *sniff*[/color]

MONA! Honestly, how can you cuddle with a Toucan??? His....beak...will be all getting in the way!!

Wait....I just scandalized myself.:silent:

u2loopy said:

MONA! Honestly, how can you cuddle with a Toucan??? His....beak...will be all getting in the way!!

Wait....I just scandalized myself.:silent:

[color=royal blue]LMAOOOOO[/color]

Where are the stories from the eight other people who have met U2 members? I met Bono on Grammy day this February, so completely surreal. Of course my story can't possible compare to MelPop's (but whose can really). He was super, incredibly, ridiculously nice and I very much appreciate that.

Attachments

• devbono2.jpg
    devbono2.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 137
I think Melpop should have got one of her friends to take a pic of her and Bono kissing:yes:

Naya said:
Ooh what a sweet picture dsmith !!!
Tell us more about your Bono encounter !!!

:)

My friend and I ditched work the day of the Grammys, drove up to the LA hotel that I figured was his and found a group of about eight fans waiting. Ali was there, so trippy to look out and see Alison Hewson, and she is so cute in person! I think we waited about two hours or so (it wasn't that long at all) and saw a bunch of celebrities coming and going (most notably Baz Luhrman and Radiohead) and then Bono came. He was so gracious and warm, just motioned for all of us to come over to him. He sat on a little planter, started making small talk, took pictures and signed autographs for everyone (about 12 people at that point), we all wished him luck, and then he got in his car with Ali, Paul McGuinness and one or two other people and went off to the Grammys.
It was so amazingly bizarre actually seeing Bono in the flesh because he is so the person he is on TV, in videos and pictures. The way he talks, his mannerisms, the way he carries himself is straight out of "Rattle & Hum" and a hundred other things I've seen him in. Oh, and the eyes, so amazing to actually look up into them!
And whenever I tell this story, I have to say how completely great Bono is. No matter what people think of his music or politics, Bono is an amazing person. He is in the biggest rock group on the planet and he takes time out of his day to talk to some random fans, to make sure that all of them get a picture, an autograph and a few words. How many other people in his position bother? Not many.

And I agree with gwenu2 that MelPop's friends should have snapped a picture of she and Bono kissing. I think that would make one hell of a Christmas card!

Did you ever wonder if the guys (since we know they sometimes surf the net) upon seeing photos on-line of themselves with fans ever say, "Hey, I remember meeting that person!"

*Hypothetical situation*
I guess if Bono were to surf PLEBA today and he saw the pic of him and Melpop he would definetly remember the meeting since it just happened, but I wonder if he ambled into this post and saw the pic of himself with dsmith if he would say, "Hey, I remember that day"

things that make you go ...hmmmmmm

Am I making any sense?????:slant:

Ehm.... I shook Adam's hand after the Las Vegas show, met Larry in Anaheim (one of the more surreal nights of my life), and met Edge after LA3.

I belive you can attach only one photo from your harddrive at a time.... so I'll choose my favorite. :D

Moonie :D

Attachments

• anaheim1 - me and larry mullen, jr1.jpg
    anaheim1 - me and larry mullen, jr1.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 118
After 20 years, I finally met Mr. The Edge at the Denver show in Nov. 2001. We waited in the cold drizzly rain at the back of Pepsi Center. The limos drove in, we all yelled and waved. Then Mr. The Edge and his bodyguard came back out and over to our small group that had gathered. He just went down the line, saying Hello and shaking hands. For some reason, he seemed a lot shorter in person. But so sweet and soft spoken. I called him Mr. The Edge and he giggled. He went back in and we waited for some of the other guys to come out, but we got too cold and wet, so we left. I've often wondered if any of the other three surfaced that evening...was anybody else there?
We just missed Bono at the Phoenix show in April 2001. We went round back of the hall, and a lady showed us her pic with him on her digital camera. He had just been there 20 min. before!!!

Larry came out to sign autographs before the Milwaukee show, but I was too nervous to go up to him- I made my friend get the autographs!! :mad: I'm so mad that I have no guts whatsoever. I'm also eternally kicking myself for not asking for a picture- I might've blown my only chance!!! :mad:

Cute photo, dsmith! :)

No.

Never meet them. Never saw them in concert. Never been to Dublin. Never been within at least a 10 mile radius from them.

Giant Lemon said:
Larry came out to sign autographs before the Milwaukee show, but I was too nervous to go up to him- I made my friend get the autographs!!

No, no I think Larry makes pple nervous.......as hes often seen as a bit 'standoffish' to fans or even celebs.....!!! U just have to look and see in the PoP doc, hes the only one who walks straight past and doesnt hug or even acknowledge Dennis Hopper, yet Bono hugged him for ages......!!!!!

Its just Larry I guess, he sticks to those he really knows and doesnt want to go beyond those borders..............

Bono's American Wife said:
:scream: Twenty years....TWENTY years....and I haven't even come close.
:no: :no: :sad:
I've got 2 simple words to respond to this.
Feckin ditto!
OK...wait...I did meet Bono in 1987....but that was feckin 15 years ago!!!LMFAO!
OK....wait...now that I think about it.....he DID have the long fookin beautiful hair....and yes...I did hug him...and smell him...as did Melpop....but fucknuts....I should have been so bold as to ask him for a fookin smooch.....ah well.:drool:
Meeting him was absofuckinglutely divine in the first place....what the fook am I complaining about? Although I was mighty tempted to grab that *ahem* 7....pound....*ahem*
Anywhoooo.
oxoxoxo
Autumn

Back
Top Bottom