Which Version of Electrical Storm do you like?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which version of Electrical Storm do you like?

• Album Version

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Radio/Single Version

Votes: 19 76.0%
  • Demo Version

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • None

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I know the BBC version is the demo version

And the radio is XRT-is that the same version played on all radio stations?

I thought the album version was the Orbit version that there are no mp3's of

:help: :banghead: :confused: :yell:

Gina Marie said:

well apparently someone got their hands on one! i have all 3 downloaded. here's the addy: http://saber.towson.edu/users/romans/eletricalstorm.html

you can download all 3 versions. the album version isn't as good a quality as the others but it was the only one i could find of that version. it sounds really cute too! i like the appregios. it's a lot more calm than the single version but not as soft as the demo. it's a nice medium. :)

i like the demo version a bit better cause the begining has a fuller sound than the single or album version.

but overall i like the three versions....there's not that much of a difference other than the intro to the song IMO :shrug:

on another listen i would have to rate them

1. demo....but not by much
2.single....the more i listen to it hte more i like it.
3. album.....too slow in the beginning

Last edited:
Gina Marie said:

I am also very confused. I know the "demo" version is the BBC one, but of the other two, which is which? I've got one I downloaded from u2france and the other one Ellen and I recorded ourselves off that edge station at 10:20 last nite and it's different than the one on u2france. The beginning has less guitar than the u2france one. Was this the Orbit version?

I really like them all and it's hard to fairly judge the album version because the quality isn't so great, but right now my favorite is the single/radio version. It's got a harder edge (seriously, no pun intended) than the others, which I is so freaking great to hear. Plus, I like the glockenspeil. ;)

FishNeedsABicycle said:
Angelfire...I noticed the address for those MP3's...do you go to Towson?

Could there be another U2 fan on campus!?!?

One who comes to PLEBA at that!

no, i don't. sorry to give your hopes up! i'm going to be a senior in high school actually...

i posted that address 'cause it was the only site that had all 3 songs.

~Angelfire~

Even though i'm gonna listen to the album and radio/single version several more times right now i'm liking the radio/single version better than the album one..... it's more harder and a lot more clear. the album one is still good.... least these two version are better than the demo.....for me it was just too damn annoying to listen to the stupid echo of Radio 1 with the song. It's like when the DJ is still talking when your fav. song on the radio is beginning to play and all u want to hear is the music not some guy talking about what time it is or trivial things.

*plays ES again and again and ....lol i wonder how many ppl around me will get tired of me playing this song*
:dance: 'electricaaalll stoorrmmm'

I'm too confused to pick one! I like all of the ones I've heard so far though. And if my computer would download faster mebbe I could figure this out...

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:
It's got a harder edge (seriously, no pun intended)
Did you step in a poodle? :lmao:
:shifty:

Lies, I think we got the Orbit version...but I'm not sure.
:help: (where are those dern beatles when ya need 'em?! :D )

we really DO need an exploding head smilie

I'll just put this in here since I'm too lazy to start another thread:
From atu2.com

"STORM" CD ARRIVES AT RADIO: Radio stations around North America have received the "Electrical Storm" radio-only promo CD from Interscope Records. The CD has two versions of the song:

1. Electrical Storm [4:26]
2. Electrical Storm William Orbit Mix (Radio Edit) [4:25]

Our radio sources report that the song is being picked up across all formats, and the number of monitored stations playing "Electrical Storm" has quadrupled in the last 24 hours. Equally noteworthy is that the CD and sleeve both say The Best of 1990-2000 will be in stores on November 5th, a week earlier than previous reports had suggested. Note for the collectors reading: there's no catalog number anywhere on the CD or sleeve.

estorm_lg.jpg

Re: we really DO need an exploding head smilie

Ultraviolet Light said:
The Best of 1990-2000 will be in stores on November 5th, a week earlier than previous reports had suggested.

Well now, that's just peachy :yes: :cute: :happy: :der:

OH OH!!!

I just heard the "single" version!!!
I like that one best!!!!
More electric guitar= :heart: :love: :heart:
I like the harder version better:D

I :heart: them all!!!!!!!!

*is still stuck in class...wants to go home and listen to all versions of ES!!!!!!!!* :D

2 versions? 3 versions? Maybe 4 versions? :help: This is not an electrical storm, is an electrical hurricane!! :scream: I have 2 downloaded and I love them both!! :drool: :heart:

*runs to look for more versions* :wink:

I'm confused! I like the radio version better, I think I've got that right!:wink: :wink: It sounds more dynamic than the demo version. But I really love all of them! It's gorgeous as heck and I think it's *glorious*. :love: :love: :happy:

Back
Top Bottom