Which LP do you want to see the most on Ultimate Albums?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which of U2's albums is most qualified to be featured on Ultimate Albums?

• Boy (1980)

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • October (1981)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • War (1983)

• The Unforgettable Fire (1984)

• The Joshua Tree (1987)

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Rattle & Hum (1988)

• Achtung Baby (1991)

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • Zooropa (1993)

• Pop (1997)

• The Best of 1980-1990 (1998)

• All That You Can't Leave Behind (2000)

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Do you really expect me to decide?!

• Total voters

Queen Betty

Acrobat
Boston, where the Elevation 2001 DVD was filmed
I'm on a roll! A dinner roll! Roll call! Calling card! Ha ha ha. :laugh:

Okay, I came up with this one while I was looking at the TV guide in a newspaper I had. I saw VH1's Ultimate Albums, and I don't remember them having announced any episode featuring any U2 albums EVER. :madspit: So I decided to conduct a poll, and maybe someone will be inspired to write a letter to VH1 asking for such an episode! Yay!

My vote is for Achtung Baby. I had a lot of trouble deciding between JT and Achtung Baby, but went with the latter because they used a variety of effects they experimented with to create a psychedelic atmosphere in some of the songs (I :heart: techno!!), while others are stripped down to the bone. It was a refreshing departure from the R & R of their previous albums. (Like Bono said, The Fly "is the sound of four men chopping down the Joshua Tree.") Not that I don't like the other albums, but I was swayed by popular opinion (I woulda picked Zooropa) and the sudden change in their style. :D

So there!

Zooropa , at first i wanted to vote for AB , but then i already have a copy of " AB videos , cameos ..." where you really have all info to know about . so go zooropa , so unknown .. mystery ...freakin

I voted for The Joshua Tree, even though Achtung Baby is the better album. The Joshua Tree would likely have a better story.

Really though, The Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby, and War would all make excellent Ultimate Albums episodes.

Though AB is my personal fav, JT was a defining album of U2's career.....so I picked that.

This one was a no-brainer. JT is my favorite album of all time! It seems more likely VH1 would feature it as well since it sold 15 million copies and made U2 international superstars.

i voted achtung baby....it was their make or break album, and it's probably my favorite...."one" is considered the 5th greatest rock song of all time.....not to mention the fact that for me personally, it has my fav u2 song on it (love is blindness)....it makes me want to laugh and cry and think......it's just a great album

I voted for Achtung Baby because the band had so much riding on that album, they really had to prove that they could be more than an '80s band. Plus they were going off in so many different musical directions, just really taking the chance of a lifetime and it completely paid off.

I voted for ATYCLB, though it's not my favorite album, simply because as someone said before, we already have the AB video that gives many details on the AB era... Although this could probably look at the album from a different perspective, I'm not sure, maybe I should have voted for it, LOL! There's also something similar to this (Classic Albums) about the JT. So I don't see the point of having a Ultimate Albums about it. And I'm really interested to see them talking about the whole process of recording ATYCLB. Sorry if I'm not making sense, it's almost 12:00 and I really should get some sleep... :yawn:

Although JT would probably be chosen, my vote is for Achtung Baby...the album is flawless. Love is Blindness is incredible (especially live) and One, UTEOTW, and other classics make it incredible.

walkon11 said:
Although JT would probably be chosen, my vote is for Achtung Baby...the album is flawless. Love is Blindness is incredible (especially live) and One, UTEOTW, and other classics make it incredible.

:up: I agree! I :heart: every song from AB!!

Back
Top Bottom