where the baby has no name and U2 songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dreams out loud

The Fly
my husband and I go for our 3D ultrasound in a few weeks to make sure the baby is healthy and to find out the sex. We want to be able to start calling and refering to the baby by it's name but we don't have a name for a girl yet. We have set up a web page with a baby name poll, and have asked all of our friends and family to go vote.Here's the link.
http://www.geocities.com/peanutscorner/PG1.html

ON to the songs.......... I am trying to put together baby's first U2 cd.I will take this cd to this hospital with me and into the operating room during the c-sectionso I need your help getting together a list of songs (about 20) that will help to sooth me but at the same time keep my energy up. I also plan on playing the cd for the baby before he/she is born.

I voted for Emily Grace, it's a lovely name. I don't have any babies, but I can imagine how thrilled you must be. She is lucky to have parents who are U2 fans, mine aren't. :(

MLK should definitely be on that CD.

I voted for Rebecca Lynn ...

As for the CD ...
Grace
WOWY
Streets (well, this might pump you up and carry you through the hard parts)
Slow Dancing
Babyface

I voted for Emily Grace also.... I have a feeling the U2ers here might be biased :)
I also vote for Hawkmoon on your CD... you made me think of it before and I can't get it out of my head... I think that would rock.... :)

What an interesting topic- this is one mixed tape i've not had to think about making! LOL!

two votes off the top of my head:

Big Girls Are The Best :D
Elevation

first, congrats on the pregnancy. that is wonderful news. second, thank you for sharing the news with us and allowing us to participate in voting for the name. That is wonderful news. I like the name Emily Grace, so that is what I voted for. :D

as far as the songs on the cd. i agree MLK should be on there. How about adding All I Want is You...

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
first, congrats on the pregnancy. that is wonderful news. second, thank you for sharing the news with us and allowing us to participate in voting for the name. That is wonderful news. I like the name Emily Grace, so that is what I voted for. :D

Yes! I agree on all accounts! My netscape crashed when I tried to vote lol- but I chose Emily Grace :love:

The songs.. it depends if you want them mellow or not but I think I would want some ones to get my adrenaline pumping and hold me up lol! So I'll add to my list:

Even Better Than The Real Thing
Everlasting Love
Grace
One

heheh :sexywink:
Hallelujah (Here She Comes)
With A Shout
The First Time
When Love Comes To Town
->lol just kidding! funny tho!

also don't put '40' on it.. "how long... to have this baby.." ;)

Emily Grace :wink:

Now I don't know about babies...but i had one of my friends edit out "hell" in "Two Shots of Happy" and I play it in the Kidzone all of the time, they love that song for some reason. I am raising a flock of U2 fans...they always run up to me when I get there and jump up and down, their personal fave is Beautiful Day...they get all excited and run around like airplanes when it gets to the chorus...as a treat one night I got permission from the parents and brought in my Boston VHS and watched Elevation and Beautiful Day with the kids. The had so much fun jumping around with the crowd. Now whenever we listen to U2, one of the older kids...she's 4 or 5...always screams "It's goin off in the heart!" I love my U2lings...when I get there they eventually wander over and ask...

"MissaLeigh can we hear Mr. Bono?"

I think it is so cute that they call him "Mr. Bono" I tell them his name is just Bono, but one of the girls said "But mommy says big people are Mr. and Mrs."

How can I argue with that?

So cute.

So anyway...LOL...maybe Beautiful Day? LOL.

The Feesh

:laugh:

Fishy you are too much!! U2lings.. rofl.. way to start young woohoo!! :D:D

just keep you-know-who away from them, for now...

:mac: :silent: ;)

I also voted for Emily Grace... I have a friend with that name! Well, actually Grace is her last name, but it's pretty close!

I'll think of some songs and get back to you....

Good luck with the ultasound! :yes:

Back
Top Bottom