Where have you been?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My maps are so sad....

statemap

countrymap

Ok I am a complete dumbass and I do not know how to post my stupid map on here, but the only states I have not visited are Iowa, Delaware, Maine, Vermont, and Wyoming.
This summer I will be taking an extensive tour around Europe which will make my Euro map breathtaking.

Lemonboy is the only one that has been to Alaska???

Last edited:
xtal said:
Ok I am a complete dumbass and I do not know how to post my stupid map on here, but the only states I have not visited are Iowa, Delaware, Maine, Vermont, and Wyoming.
This summer I will be taking an extensive tour around Europe which will make my Euro map breathtaking.

I actually haven't been to Alaska but I realize now that the stupid site filled it in just because i filled in Russia....:lol:

U2Kitten said:

Just for fun! I was always interested in geography and different places, and never traveled out of VA, WV or NC as a kid. So my brother and I decided to hit the road. We went all the way to the rockies. The next year we saved more money and made it all the way to Calif. There were 2 more trips with my husband and kids to the midwest. Oh, and a few out of state U2 concerts! I'd love to go again but no money, time or reliable car now. Hopefully next year for U2!

It is an experience and an adventure of a lifetime, I do recommend it for everyone. Even if you hate being in the car, look at it as seeing the world and surprises around every turn!

:drool: I really want to go on a road-trip across the US (as you can see, I've never been past (or even SEEN) the Mississippi River. It would cost me a fortune to do it, though, since I'd have to rent a car...and my Kentucky license expires in December (can't renew it by post :mad:, and don't have a UK one because I can't afford lessons and can't drive a manual, which most people here drive).

meegannie said:

:drool: I really want to go on a road-trip across the US (as you can see, I've never been past (or even SEEN) the Mississippi River. It would cost me a fortune to do it, though, since I'd have to rent a car...and my Kentucky license expires in December (can't renew it by post :mad:, and don't have a UK one because I can't afford lessons and can't drive a manual, which most people here drive).

I found out the hard way, you can't rent a car to drive cross country :grumpy: They have 1300 mile limits on each trip to save mileage building up on their cars and if you go over it it's a quarter a mile which can add up fast on a long trip. I thought about piggybacking- like renting one here (VA) driving it to Missouri, turning it in (if you can still turn them in at different locations) and so on across the country and back. I've always gone in my own car, or my brother's, and I wouldn't go if I didn't think the car would make it and I didn't have enough money to get it fixed and get home if it broke down (which is why I don't go now :sigh: ) You might also consider a Greyhound Bus, it's about $240 from coast to coast, (and about $380 roundtrip) it's a good way to see the country, the only thing is you can't stop where you want. But it's better than nothing. I hope you get to go!

OH MY GAW,
Alaska hasn't been Russian territory since the 1940's!!!

xtal said:
Nope - my hubby & I were there in late Nov/early Dec 00. Stayed in Anchorage for 10 days with my brother & his family at Fort Richardson. My bro's Air Force, but the Army's on-base housing was better, in his opinion.

That was one of our "trips of a lifetime" & it was spectacular! Our next trip of a lifetime will be in late summer 2007. We're going to Ireland for our 15th anniversary & the honeymoon we never had. (Do you think it would be in bad taste to leave my husband for Bono while on this trip???? :lmao: Oh well - Kelly knows the danger of taking me to Dublin & he's committed to getting me there, anyway. And really? - how could I leave a man who is that secure with himself & gives me that much freedom? :heart: :heart: )

Kariann said:
I've only included the states that I have actually visited or spent time in...I could include a few more that I've driven through.
Spent time in, eh? :wink: Does getting hopelessly lost in Connecticut count for anything?

statemap

xtal said:
OH MY GAW,
Alaska hasn't been Russian territory since the 1940's!!!

Make that 1867. Purchased from Tsar Alexander II by President Andrew Johnson and Sec. Seward for about $6,000,000.

Last edited:
I've been to every state east of the Mississippi. The only states west of the Mississippi I've been to are Iowa and Wisconsin.

I'm so jealous of some of you guys - not about Alaska though, sorry - my idea of hell involves being cold enough to have to wear a jumper, LOL!

Road trips are the best way to travel , just get in the car with a map & an esky of supplies and find whatever's out there - you have the best time!

Done that a couple of times around a few places in Australia & NZ (driven from Melbourne to Sydney via Canberra, Melb to Adelaide, lots of North Island NZ), and up the east coast of Scotland, lots of southern England - yay for Historical Society maps and their wee red dots! (Red dots being locations of historical interest.) I have many fond memories of clambering over gates and wandering around patting sheep with a stone circle in the middle of some farmer's back yard. :wink:

BlueRmGrl -
Do you think it would be in bad taste to leave my husband for Bono while on this trip????

NO! If he really loves you, he'll understand/expect it - hell, I flew to NZ for a David Bowie concert this valentines day and mine forgave me! :laugh:

Cheers ~Ultra

statemap

I didn't count the states I've only driven through (alabama and georgia, we drove to florida). Mmm, big red midwest block. I don't get out much... :crack:

Kristie said:

I didn't count the states I've only driven through (alabama and georgia, we drove to florida). Mmm, big red midwest block. I don't get out much... :crack:

Well you should! Even if you don't get out of the car, you've still 'been there.' Now if you only flew over in a plane and didn't get off at an airport I'd say it shouldn't count, but by car, yes!

The only place I've been outside Europe is Tunesia... :reject:

... so this is my map - only included the countries that I've stayed in for longer than a week...

EU-kort.bmp

It doesn't look like much... :sigh: ... but I've actually been in most of the countries several times... :D

Norway and Ireland - :drool:

Last edited:
Merc, you live that close to Germany and haven't been, I think it's time you drove over the border to see FS! ;)

This is fun! I've been travelling ever since I got out of college a few years ago. I'll visit England for my 5th time this December, but that's cuz of my honey.

countrymap

statemap

countrymap

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom