Where are the boys?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Teta040 said:
I didn't know Edum owned factories either.....Bono and Ali owning clothing factories. Bono the little capitalist...weird:).Can't picture him touring buildings where hundreds of people know him as thier boss and the distant "owner".

Hopefully this article that I did about two years ago will help to explain how Bono and Ali "own" their EDUN factories:

http://forum.interference.com/t133103.html

They basically contract with local people in the countries where they manufacture EDUN to use their textile factories and workers to make the EDUN clothing line.

But they DO visit these factories periodically to make sure that decent working conditions and environmentally friendly practices are being observed in these factories so the idea of Bono and Ali going to Peru would be logical but the timing puts a question mark over the trip.

Actually, one of the first places that EDUN made its clothing line was Peru. Here is the actual list from the EDUN website:

"EDUN is currently produced in India, Peru, Tunisia, Kenya, Uganda, Lesotho, Mauritius and Madagascar." :bow:

Just a reminder: last year around their anniversary, Bono and Ali took the family to the Sarajevo Film Festival so they don't always stay in Dub for their anniversary but for this one (their 25th) - I hope that they do. :angel:

(FYI: Through 1 September, EDUN has free S & H on all orders placed online so now would be a GREAT time to purchase from EDUN - www.edunonline.com ) :hug:

We have stayed in The Clarence for many years on our anniversary and they have always been away before. Although 3 years ago we did meet Bill Clinton!!

Thanks, BonosCamerawoman, for your input on the issue that we all are pondering: where will Bono and Ali spend their 25th wedding anniversary?

Wherever they are in the world, I just pray that they will be at peace and with hearts full of joy.

:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

Yes 25 years is such an achievement, especially in the world they live in, I am lagging some way behind only notching up 12 years! LOL

WildHoney said:

What week are you there :shifty:

Not to barge in on your conversation, but
I will be in Dublin starting September 30th-09Oct. :)
I would love to meet up with fellow U2 fans to hang out at Hanover Quay for a possible sighting! the 2nd or 3rd Oct would probably be the 2 days I will be in Dublin the most. Then we are touring the rest of the Emerald Isle. I can't wait!!!

For all who are comming to Dublin just to 'fallow' U2.- I wish you guys a lot of fun by staying by his houses (as some people do)by standing at Clarence and the most of all- I wish you great fun at Hannover, when pissed Sam will come to you to have a talk...
By the way- if you have a moment, take a short break from chasing the guys, just take a look around...-You know landscape and so on...Ireland is beautiful country.

I`ll be in Dublin from 28th October till 1st November. Will anyone else be there then? Would be nice to meet up with some fellow U2 fans to look around. I`m actually going over to support someone in the Marathon but have extended my stay to do some shoppin, sight seeing etc!

im not going just to chase the guys. Staying at Clarence cos aint done that before may take a trip to Hannover but thats it. pissed sam, sounds like my sort of guy though.
if i see any of them great if i don't i don't. (altho i do hope i do:wink:)

Pissed Sam?????????????
Who on earth is that????:huh:

No sightings unfortunately for my sister in law maybe BC will have more luck I can't imagine Bono being in Peru for his Silver Wedding Anniversary you would think that they would be having a massive party to celebrate.

Good luck to everyone going to Dubs late September I'm not there until November well not up to now anyway!!!:wink:

Jeannieco said:

Not to barge in on your conversation, but
I will be in Dublin starting September 30th-09Oct. :)
I would love to meet up with fellow U2 fans to hang out at Hanover Quay for a possible sighting! the 2nd or 3rd Oct would probably be the 2 days I will be in Dublin the most. Then we are touring the rest of the Emerald Isle. I can't wait!!!

If i go it'll be the week before 24th to 28th September :(

And you'll :love:Ireland , Dublin especially.:drool:

The countryside around is awesome too. Been there so many times i've lost count but i adore everything about Ireland. Admittedly it does help being married to an Irishman but the people are so friendly, and Irishmen :combust: , watch out they're charmers :sexywink:

Ireland and Dublin are both awesome! Good luck to all those trying to get a view of the lads. Keep us informed too, I may have to set up a quick trip if I learn they're back and greeting fans at HQ!

WildHoney said:

If i go it'll be the week before 24th to 28th September :(

And you'll :love:Ireland , Dublin especially.:drool:

The countryside around is awesome too. Been there so many times i've lost count but i adore everything about Ireland. Admittedly it does help being married to an Irishman but the people are so friendly, and Irishmen :combust: , watch out they're charmers :sexywink:

I am of Irish heritage; Irish/American. I have been dreaming of going to Ireland since I was a little girl.
I am afraid I won't want to come back... my friends are teasing me, they are all saying I am going to meet a gorgeous Irish man and not come back!! They may be right! :) It's fine with me!
We will be touring (my siblings and I) around the country to trace our roots. I cannot wait. We all have been waiting for this trip for so long!
Oh, and bummer I will just miss you! I would love to meet you any fellow interferencers! Nobody else understands our passion for U2
right? :)

Last edited:
WildHoney said:

Admittedly it does help being married to an Irishman but the people are so friendly, and Irishmen :combust: , watch out they're charmers :sexywink:

Tell me about it! I'm getting married to an Irishman next March! :drool:

That's exactly what I love about Irish people: their charm and they way they don't take themselves seriously and how they make me laugh all the time.

Here's an example of an Irish charmer: last time U2 played in Dublin, I was lucky enough to be up front the 3 nights. One of the security guys, the lovely Joe, took a liking to us and looked after our group during the 3 gigs. He was extremely funny and charming and I'll definately never forget him. At one point, right before the boys went onstage, we started playing with a beach ball, on which we wrote a couple of messages. Joe kept telling me: Here! You have to write this: BONO, YOU ARE A FECKING CHANCER! LOL

I was like: Ah here, Joe! I might be Argentinian but I know exactly what that means and I'm not falling for that!

Ah bless his little cotton socks! lol

And for those visiting Dublin, make sure to visit Bruxelles. I love that bar! :drool:

It puts Lillies to shame...:wink:

Ok, ok, I'm a rock and roll chick meself so I'm bound to prefer that place over any of those fancy places around the city.

Niamh_Saoirse said:
And for those visiting Dublin, make sure to visit Bruxelles. I love that bar! :drool:

It puts Lillies to shame...:wink:

Ok, ok, I'm a rock and roll chick meself so I'm bound to prefer that place over any of those fancy places around the city.

Thans Niamh! Sounds like a cool place, I will put that on my list! I will be there for my birthday making the pub rounds! :)
Isn't Lillies hard to get in to? Doesn't sound like my kind of place from what I have read.
I much prefer sitting in a pub and talking to the local people but there is always the chance of seeing that certain fellow with the shades. :shifty: but he could show up anywhere right?

Jeannieco said:

Thans Niamh! Sounds like a cool place, I will put that on my list! I will be there for my birthday making the pub rounds! :)
Isn't Lillies hard to get in to? Doesn't sound like my kind of place from what I have read.
I much prefer sitting in a pub and talking to the local people but there is always the chance of seeing that certain fellow with the shades. :shifty: but he could show up anywhere right?

Well, it depends really. We rang the day before and said we had some clients over from England and that we wanted to take them on a night out so they ended up putting our names on the guest list. lol. But no, I don't think it's hard to get in. I think the best day to go to Lillies is Thursday. But in my humble opinion, it's just a pretentious place. There are plenty of places I'd rather go.

BTW, Bruxelles is just a couple of blocks away from Lillies, on Harry Street. It's located just off Grafton Street. You can't really miss it; right outside the place there's a statue of Phil Lynnot.

Niamh_Saoirse said:
And yeah, as you said certain shaded fella can pop out anywhere!

Send us an e-mail in case you have any questions about Dublin, although I have a feeling you know the place pretty well. :D

bonomaniac@hotmail.com.

Oh thank you so much! You are so nice...I appreciate that! I have read a lot about it, but it's always great to get first hand information from someone that has been there.
Thank you again! :)

Niamh_Saoirse said:

Well, it depends really. We rang the day before and said we had some clients over from England and that we wanted to take them on a night out so they ended up putting our names on the guest list. lol. But no, I don't think it's hard to get in. I think the best day to go to Lillies is Thursday. But in my humble opinion, it's just a pretentious place. There are plenty of places I'd rather go.

BTW, Bruxelles is just a couple of blocks away from Lillies, on Harry Street. It's located just off Grafton Street. You can't really miss it; right outside the place there's a statue of Phil Lynnot.

:wave:

We went to Bruxelles bar after the first Vertigo gig (meeting place for the Belgians :D )
But I didn't see any statue (of course it was pretty dark by then :lol: , or maybe it's new?).
Funny thing how everyone had to get inside after 1 (if I'm not mistaken) am.
It was pretty jammed then so we left.

Hé , i just come back from Dublin , I went to the studios but nobody :whistle: By the way i didn't go there to meet them , i was pretty sure that they will be in France at same time! But i discovered a beautiful city and beautiful landscape!

My Mum's taking me to Dublin for Christmas :D So it's great to hear about all these places to see, thanks guys.

Back
Top Bottom