When you least expect it...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wertsie

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
You'll hear a U2 song on the radio! Twice today, for me...

#1: When my brother was in the bathroom this morning getting ready for school, he had the radio on (as he always does) and they played "Walk On"!

#2: When I went to the store to get dinner this afternoon, they were playing "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For."

Ah...It's a BEAUTIFUL DAY!!!

Oh, and because I don't want to start another thread, one more thing...Lately I've been taking a random U2 song and trying to listen to only one instrument throughout the entire song...Whether it be Larry, Bono, Adam, or Edge. I never knew how fun that could be! Peelin' back the layers...

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

Today I was listening to a U2 cd and then thought to myself, hey I should listen to something else. So I turned on the radio for someone else's music and it was playing In A Little While. It had just started too.
biggrin.gif

I do the layers thing... And I was so shocked that I had never really listened to the guitar in Do You Feel Loved once I did. Oops.

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

#1 - I love hearing U2 songs on the radio - oh so pleasant suprise.

#2 - Peeling back the layers is fun. Streets is a really good one for that.

Is "in a little while" released? Cos I heard it on the radio too

------------------
He who stands atop the highest pyramid of skulls can see the farthest.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://all.at/bag <--friends site

Originally posted by RavenStar:
Is "in a little while" released? Cos I heard it on the radio too

If you mean released as a single (or video), no, but it has been on the radio quite a bit.

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Popheart.org

K looks like I'll have to Fed Ex myself somewhere.....seems every radio station is playing MY FAVOURITE (IALW) except DC area ones. Grrrr Anyone want to adopt me? Bono goes wherever I go!

------------------
~*Mona*~
ani_bono.gif

LOVE me, give me SOUL

"Rock n Roll never tasted so good" ~Bono
Get on the Boos

Burn down the disco* Hang the blessed D.J.*
Because the music that they constantly play
IT SAYS NOTHING TO ME ABOUT MY LIFE ~Smiths

I am just for you, as you are not for me ~Pete Yorn

This morning on the way to work, I heard "Streets". That's when I knew it was gonna be bright, sunshiney, U2 kind of a day!

I haven't heard IALW on the radio yet
frown.gif

It usually takes a while for the stations here to catch on.
*crosses fingers that I'll hear it soon*

------------------
"... move on this moment... follow this feeling"
~* PLEBA-girl powers: ELEVATE!!! *~
** Official Minister of Swagger for L.E.A.T.H.E.R. **
I THINK, THEREFORE, U2

the only songs they ever play on the radio here (and tis VERY seldom at that) is beautiful day, elevation, and ishfwilf. i heard new years day once on a classic rock station and i almost dirtied myself.

some friends and i were stopping at the store for some food, and in the car we were listening to u2 (surprise surprise). we had just heard the very beginning of walk on when we got out. as we walked into the store, what was playing but walk on! we stopped dead in our tracks and busted out laughing...more evidence for the norms...
wink.gif

------------------
Official Town Crier of Willyville

Laura: Dad, don't forget that you'll have to take mom home.
Dad: Well, Laura...y'know your mother...she's all that you can't leave behind...

[This message has been edited by Stories for Boys (edited 05-07-2002).]

About a month ago the receptionist in my company was absent and we had to take turns to cover for her. Well, it was my turn at about 1:00PM and I was so bored because the small radio she has at the front desk does not have a CD player. The thing is the radio station I was listening to had this special "Retrospective" program, and guess who the featured band was... They played Elevation, Discotheque, Mysterious Ways, WOWY, Sunday Bloody Sunday Live and I will Follow. It was heaven, because I get much more thrilled when I'm surprised by the songs on the radio than when I listen to them on the CD's, "I don't know why, it's just one of those things".

I discovered how much I liked Please by doing the layers thing, those drums and the bass are just amazing.

[This message has been edited by flaming june (edited 05-07-2002).]

Originally posted by elevatedmole:
If you mean released as a single (or video), no, but it has been on the radio quite a bit.

I haven't heard it!!! I love that song!!!
Especially when he says "turn me on"
WOHOOOOO!!!
But seriously, it needs to be played in
D-town wahttttttt!!! (dallas)

*sends anonymous death mail to local radio stations*
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------

DAVE EVANS ATTENDS MY SCHOOL, I have proof!

I want Bono, I want Larry, Edgie Edgie I love you hairy!
(meow mix tune)

"Where's my public? My God, they've deserted me! This is a crisis. We'd better do something. Stir up some publicity or something. 'Bono in under-age sex orgy.' That should do it. I want my public Back" - Bono 87'

Yes U2 has been on the radio ALOT lately at least in the Mini-apple! Every morning I wake up to IALW.

And about the peeling back layers, I just started doing that a few months ago too, and it takes them to a whole NEW level, if thats possible!! You really begin to appreciate each ones musical genius. And even as a devout Bono-girl, with a little Larry love on the side, I have to say that Edge is hands down the best guitar player in the universe! And I'm not just saying that cuz I'm biased! Peel back his guitar on Love is Blindness and you'll see what I mean!!!

happy Peeling!

By the way, I LUUUUUVVVV your sig, JulyFly!!!
"I think, therefore, U2"-LMAO every time I see it!

------------------
Proud owner & lover *munch munch*(of the now late) Larry cookie

"SHHHH!!! Bono is HOO-ing!"
-Me, as Sula and Lilly talk through the end of WOWOY on Popmart Vid

Originally posted by WildHonee:
K looks like I'll have to Fed Ex myself somewhere.....seems every radio station is playing MY FAVOURITE (IALW) except DC area ones. Grrrr Anyone want to adopt me? Bono goes wherever I go!

I'll take ya. And Bono. My radio station treats me very well... Lots of U2.
smile.gif

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

Originally posted by wertsie:
Oh, and because I don't want to start another thread, one more thing...Lately I've been taking a random U2 song and trying to listen to only one instrument throughout the entire song...Whether it be Larry, Bono, Adam, or Edge. I never knew how fun that could be! Peelin' back the layers...

I do that CONSTANTLY
One of the many reasons I love U2, is that you can listen to one instrument the entire song and not get bored. I keep finding new instruments too... like a little guitar riff I never noticed in.. some song, I forget which one... and a maraca (sp?) in another (forgot which one again
wink.gif
)
Stuck I constantly listen to the hi-hat. I don't know why. And Mofo live? Once I get past the Adamgasmic bass I listen to Edge's little wah-wah guitar thing. LOVETH.

Anyway, enough of that.

I heard IALW on the radio ONCE last November.

------------------
~ALOTWU!~
Success is not about how much money you have, the size of your house, or who you know. It's all about how cool your pants are.

I think that one of the things that makes Edge the amazing guitar player he is is that going into it, he really didn't like the guitar sound that much, so he created his own. A pioneer!

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

speaking of pioneers, bono once claimed to be a pioneer of the mullet *snicker*

i also peel...heh...anyway. the guitar thing in love is blindness is one of the reasons it's one of my fav songs.

------------------
Official Town Crier of Willyville

Laura: Dad, don't forget that you'll have to take mom home.
Dad: Well, Laura...y'know your mother...she's all that you can't leave behind...

Back
Top Bottom