When The Stars Go Blue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

passingcat

The Fly
When The Stars Go Blue VIDEO

BONO AND THE CORRS SING ' WHEN THE STARS GO BLUE'

CLICK ON OR PASTE INTO YOUR BROWSER

http://launch.yahoo.com/video/default.asp?vid=2154953

if it doesn't take you straight to video

type in YAHOO VIDEO search engine WHEN THE STARS GO BLUE,VIDEO WILL COME UP....LET IT LOAD...choose video quality depending on your computer....

BEAUTIFUL-REALLY BEAUTIFUL:sad:

Last edited:
Thanks!

Here's a pic

starsgoblue.jpg

I thought their voices were lovely blended together.......

I love Irish people-they have so much soul !

All my father's side are Irish

sometimes very angry but extremely passionate,warm friendly people who wear their heart on their sleeve:heart:

I think I get my temper from my Dad's side but I always make up before the sun goes down but will talk till the sun rises again !

This and Summer Wine....two of my favorite Bono collaborations (just love the looooow voice on Summer Wine *convulses* )

don't think there's a video with that one but you can hear it on the same yahoo website

he sang it with the Corrs....

2Hearts said:
Who did he sing with on Summer Wine? Not familiar with it.

Andrea Corr, same concert. I believe the Corrs picked that one and Bono picked When The Stars Go Blue (gotta say I love his and Andrea's version better than Ryan Adams).

Well, meow and all that, but i'd been watching that video a few weeks ago, and I was annoyed to pieces by the way she kept glancing at him all seductively. Seriously, that was too much, imo.
Meanwhile, Bono acted distant and courteous, imo.
LOL

It took me along time to like this collaboration - I detested it for so long because I thought Bono's vocals murdered the Ryan Adams version. I love it now though :yes:
And on a completely unrelated note, whenever I see that video, I always think i'm looking at Bono and Ali singing - Andrea reminds me of her so much.

Last edited:
I do love Ryan's vocals (well, I love Ryan), but I love having the additional instruments with the Corrs playing.

Bono and Ali SHOULD sing, hehe.

Bono: "I'd love to do a single with Ali. It would be great to go into a studio with someone who doesn't knwo anything about music but has got so much natural spirit and just try to see if we can capture that on record!"
Neil: "How does Ali feel about that?"
Bono: "Oh, she doesn't know!", he laughed. "She won't even sing in front of me. I'd have to sneak in and record her in the bath".

u2bonogirl said:
I was so pissed off the first time I saw this
It was also the way she was looking at him for me too :p
and they way his hand touched her back
i was like "thats not your wife!...or me :reject: "
:lol:

:lmao:

The video for Summer wine bono/andrea is on VH1.com-look under the corrs then video search-its there....

u2bonogirl said:
I was so pissed off the first time I saw this
It was also the way she was looking at him for me too :p
and they way his hand touched her back
i was like "thats not your wife!...or me :reject: "
:lol:

I dare not say anything-or the thread will get closed:eeklaugh:

the soul waits said:
Well, meow and all that, but i'd been watching that video a few weeks ago, and I was annoyed to pieces by the way she kept glancing at him all seductively. Seriously, that was too much, imo.

Wow who wouldn't?

The song is nice ............... but I dont like to see the video .......... as many of u do............. I get angry also.

i think its just them both carried away with the song....at the end she gracefully says ' thanks Bono' and it was shot in front of family and friends on VH1 ....:shh:

Either way, that dance is still steamy - it's almost like there's some chemistry going on there.

And no, I don't mean to imply anything either. People can have chemistry without the rest of the stuff which can follow :shrug:

It's not THAT steamy. I danced w/ my own cousin like that once (at his wedding, too). He's just holding her hand w/ his other hand on her waist...like a regular slow dance. :shrug:

don't read too much into it-its cool.....they're friends-just got those romantic lyrics swimming round their heads.....

Bono looks nervous if anything:eek:

wow, i hadn't seen that video in a few years... it really is beautiful. there's definite chemistry there.

even though i'm not a corrs fan, andrea has a lovely voice.

well OK you can see a certain amount of :censored: but:shh: cause they'll close the thread

they were thinking about the lyrics....they got caught in a moment

he might as well of been pulling a fan on stage
he was caught in a moment...

sorry, i don't mean to imply anything by saying there's chemistry- bono is obviously completely smitten with his gorgeous wife! you're right to compare it to him dancing with a woman onstage- he definitely plays a character of sorts... and i don't mind watching it one bit! :wink:

it's a beautiful song, and the video matches the sexy/melancholy mood... i like bono's ad-libs, too. :up:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Andrea Corr, same concert. I believe the Corrs picked that one and Bono picked When The Stars Go Blue (gotta say I love his and Andrea's version better than Ryan Adams).

I like their version better than the Ryan Adams one too. When I first saw this I thought they were saying this is a song by Brian Adams:rolleyes:.
I love those videos, their some of my favorite ones:love:.

Well Angelina Jolie kissed her brother on the mouth. They had obviously a lot of 'chemistry'.
Some things are just not meant to be videotaped, makes our skin crawl.
Michael Jackson holding his child over the balcony, another one of those things.
Haha, I know this post doesn't make sense. I no care.

Ah, the video that made me develop a crush on Bono in the first place :D. 'Twas the dance at the end that got me...he was just being so charming :). Hard to believe that was about three years ago already. Wow. I've heard a small clip of Ryan Adams' version of the song, but it was a long time ago, and I can't remember how it goes. But I love Bono and the Corrs' version. And my mom really likes their version of "Summer Wine", too-she says they did a great job on it :). I like that one as well.

Regarding the chemistry, yeah, Bono's a bit of a flirt, but I'd say it's all harmless stuff.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom