When one of you guys met Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cute Irish Bono

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
When one of you guys met Bono did you ask him a question and he had a great reponse? Did he smile a lot? I do want to say thought that I love everything I read on this forum but tell me more about you giving him something that shows your love for U2! What did he say? What's he's favorite U2 song, alum, or video? I'll be overwhelm if I met him but I'll ask him a couple questions. Please tell me if you know, thanks.

We were lucky enough to meet Bono twice last year in Dublin and he does have this knack of putting everyone at ease. He is just so sweet and cheeky at the same time if thats possible!! The only thing I have ever given him were some drawings from my little girl (which were of him, me and Olivia!!) that he absolutely loved they really made him smile. He said he would put them up inside the studio but I dont know if he ever did!!
The best conversation I have had with him was on my 40th birthday in Dublin when he had just returned from Africa in 2002. He was very tired and very busy but he still came out for a chat and we spent about 10/15 minutes with him just me and my husband! :wink:

One of the funniest converstaions was last November when we asked him to come for a drink with us to Dockers! He really wanted to come but couldnt, although he promised us next time he would!!

Miss u2 is the one to ask !!!:wink:

Last edited:
Bono's Tart said:

Miss u2 is the one to ask !!!:wink:

:hug: no i am not :reject:

well, i won't say much more than u julie...
the first time i met bono, i asked him to sign on a drawing that made a friend of mine, and he was so :ohmy: he took the drawing in his hand, and he stay like this during at least 1minute, staring at it :heart:

the first thing i gave him was french pastries. one year ago, every time i saw him, i, (well we ) gave him pastries we bought in this bakery in dublin... he was very happy, the first time, he smiled and hugged me... the other times, he was like "oh my, i am never gonna stop..." actually, the pastries were for the whole band... one day, we met edge, and we asked him if he liked the pastries... (we gave them the day before and just 2hour before to bono) and he was like ":scratch: pastries?? "yes we gave them to bono" and then he laughed and say" ooohh okay, i have never seen them, i think he ate the whole of them!! but i will ask him, i want some " and in the evening we saw bono, and we asked him if he liked them, and he said, "oh yesss they are from la maison des gourmets, it is a really good bakery"

then, i gave him letters from fans, and he smiled, and he was a bit like "wooww letters for me, i am gonna cry tonight!!" as if it was the first time that he received letters from fans. I gave him a dude pen, that was soo :lmao: that was quite different cos he had seen this pen before, so he was like "oohh yeah thank u for bringing it back to me :kiss: " with this big smile and those eyes :drool: i can't describe!!!

then, i gave him a video from a fan.... he listened to me very carefully, and he took the video.. i think he was quite impressed that someone made a video of one of their songs :applaud: he is always very attentive, and u have this impression that it is the first time he meets fans.

I can't remember what else i gave to him....

Bono was very nice when we met him. We went into the studio and I sat down next to him on the stairs and he played some guitar for me and autographed this picture I had taken of him at the Austin show and he drew a cowboy hat on his head. Of course I asked him if he knew Interference and he said "of course it's a great site" then I asked "well do you know PLEBA?" and he looked at me and said wide eyed "Scary girls!"

The first time we met him we were sitting outside and it was freezing and we had been waiting like 3 hours and they finally came out. Bono stopped and got out of his car and talked to us a bit and then when he was leaving he said he would have given us a ride into the city centre but he had to take care of his baby who was sick :(

The last time I met him I asked if I could take a picture with him and I just kinda stood next to him cos I was kinda shy about like putting my arm around him and he grabbed me and pulled me in close, pulling me down since I was so much taller than him and I just took a huge sniff and :drool: He smelled so good and gave me a big hug :D :D

Great stories guys! Hey Miss-U2 could you maybe somehow send my poetry my letter to Bono if you can. I can email you my poems and stuff..:huh:

Mullen-Girl said:
Of course I asked him if he knew Interference and he said "of course it's a great site" then I asked "well do you know PLEBA?" and he looked at me and said wide eyed "Scary girls!"
:eek: :eek: :lmao:
So,this story is really true!! I always thought it was a just joke :lol:

Cute Irish Bono said:
Great stories guys! Hey Miss-U2 could you maybe somehow send my poetry my letter to Bono if you can. I can email you my poems and stuff..:huh:

yes of course, no problem:hug: but maybe i won't be able to print them in time for thursday, but i will give them next time i go to dublin, certainly in a few weeks :yes:

Yeah I got enough courage to ask him about PLEBA. After he said Scary Girls, Mr. LeMon who was also there with us put his arm around me and said happily "we're from PLEBA!" I was worried Bono would have ran away from us LOL

Mullen-Girl said:
Yeah I got enough courage to ask him about PLEBA. After he said Scary Girls, Mr. LeMon who was also there with us put his arm around me and said happily "we're from PLEBA!" I was worried Bono would have ran away from us LOL
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Mullen-Girl said:
Of course I asked him if he knew Interference and he said "of course it's a great site" then I asked "well do you know PLEBA?" and he looked at me and said wide eyed "Scary girls!"

:ohmy: :shocked: :faint: Oh my... I just thought the "scary girls" was somekind of PLEBA-joke or something like that!!!

Bono might be looking then... :hyper:

:shifty: Hmmm...

Oh, well - If you're somewhere out there reading this, then... Hi Bono! :wave: :hug: :wink:

I'm gonna start to watch out what I write - just in case Bono is reading it ... :reject: :lol:

Last edited:
:wink: Thanks Miss-U2! I thought that," Scary girls ''comment by Bono was so funny! Anyways, thank you so much and Thursday would be to soon for me anyways. I still have to write that letter that you'll give to Bono. So, if I start writing now and you'll give to him in two weeks or so that'll be great!:ohmy:

we saw bono 3 weeks ago, my friend is trying to post the pictures here, something doesn't work, but we'll keep on trying and we will tell our story. we sent our pictures to dockers by snail mail, i hope they arrived. let me know, ok?

we ARE scary! imagine being a famous person and looking at things like we write about yourself. i would be totally blown away. "wow, i am the sexiest person on earth?? they want to do WHAT to me??:ohmy: " lol, i'm sure he had a good stroke of the ego looking at our posts. although i cant say if i would want him reading some of the things i have said. i wouldnt ever stop blushing if he did:wink:

Back
Top Bottom