WHEN is it going to be MY TURN????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
these posts do give me some hope ..... and yeah... now i do see them doing one more tour. look at the stones, aerosmith - u2 are teenagers compared to them!

Last edited:
Flavia! You are toooooo damn lucky. That's priceless!!! You got any photos of that?
I bet that was an awesome feeling!

OH GUESS WHO'S GOING WITH MEEE TO HAWAII!!!

OLYMPIC WINNER ROSEY FLETCHER!!!
I just wanted to say that because about ten or eleven years ago, she found a letter that I wrote to Bono and she promised me that she would get ahold of Bono and give him my letter, if she ever became famous for her snowboarding or won the Olympic medal. Well... she won BRONZE...yep that girl from Girdwood, Alaska.

It's a proud moment for all of her friends here, and for Alaska.

And for me too! Finally I know someone famous that can get past Bono's security!

Congrat to you xtal...good to know you will be joining us in paradise:wave: I am one of the girls who would not mind dancing with Bono. But to be totally honest I really want to meet Adam, I would love to talk to him and perhaps get a hug and a kiss.:shifty:
To Babydoll: I know it has been said many times but you are young and there is always a possiblity that B or one of the other guys will be somewhere you are at any given time. They travel all over the world all the time. So do not give up..I know I am not;)

xtal said:
Flavia! You are toooooo damn lucky. That's priceless!!! You got any photos of that?
I bet that was an awesome feeling!

On my way up stage (you can see me on the bottom corner)

fcd0c8c5.jpg

Flag6.jpg

I remember that..... Kimla was up there with all of you. That was her second time on stage too.:drool: You all are so lucky.

xtal said:
OH GUESS WHO'S GOING WITH MEEE TO HAWAII!!!

OLYMPIC WINNER ROSEY FLETCHER!!!
I just wanted to say that because about ten or eleven years ago, she found a letter that I wrote to Bono and she promised me that she would get ahold of Bono and give him my letter, if she ever became famous for her snowboarding or won the Olympic medal. Well... she won BRONZE...yep that girl from Girdwood, Alaska.

It's a proud moment for all of her friends here, and for Alaska.

And for me too! Finally I know someone famous that can get past Bono's security!

:lol: Congratulations! that's a great story! and congrates to her. I saw some of the boarding stuff {men & Women} this Olympics

I've been watching snowboarding and half pipe/grinding competions when they were played on cable , acassional air TV channels Extreme games etc............

And man, that cross snow boarding wow!!!

She is thankful for having the opportunities. She has competed in the last two Olympics and I remember she was crushed when she scratched the last race.

She deserves this medal. I'm so happy for her and her family.

Flavia, I see you in those pics...That is awesome!

xtal said:
Oh hmmph. I'm not as articulate as I'd like to be. I meant that the girls are in the front area as to where not like middle or back area of the GA section- where I usually find myself. I didn't necessarily mean the inside of the ellipse...because I find that at the shows I've been to this year when he goes searching for a dance-mate he went to the outer rim, outside of the ellipse, and chose a girl within the first 3 rows, and maybe I am mistaken- most of them seemed to be on someone's shoulders? Well at the shows I was at anyway.

Stand out in some way... I was sitting on the side seated section in Las Vegas and when Bono finished singing "40" he looked at my area- WHERE DANIEL LANOIS was sitting and everyone in those 2 rows left except me...and I was waving and he looked directly at me and waved.
Hopefully my luck will change and I am that girl in the first 3 rows on someone shoulders and won't let go...and that girl that will stand out. Thanks Lies. You're giving me some hope here.

xtal, I've never seen him choose someone on shoulders. In fact, in the States, you never see people on shoulders because it's not allowed and if you don't get pushed down by a fan first, security will have you off within seconds. I've seen the band ignore people on shoulders because it's rude to the rest of the people trying to see and Bono doesn't really pick girls that are litterally throwing themselves at him.

For WOWY, he would pick 1-3 rows deep on the outside of the ellipse. Now, the third row deep on the outside of the ellipse are NOT people that have camped out. You can show up just a few hours before the show and be in the third row out. Or, if you show up just ONE hour before (or less) and get scanned into the ellipse, you'll be 2-4 rows deep at the very front. The majority of GA people show up between U2 and the opening act so it's very disproportionate. Where you stand is not relative to when you show up, in terms of a linear relationship, if that makes any sense. I've camped overnight and ended up with people right on my back who only got there in the late afternoon the day of.

There is variation, but in general, venue security is more strict when it comes to people getting on stage. It's fairly obvious once Bono has made a choice, and once his choice is made, John is inevitably right there already and he'll toss you up there, if that's what's supposed to happen.

It's not a very spontaneous thing so it's pretty much impossible for a fan to do anything that would help Bono decide one way or the other. Bono is either looking for a certain type of person to pull up at a given moment and simply chooses based on location, not looks (like a girl from the outside of the ellipse during WOWY), or he's already made a choice based on something he's seen earlier and goes back to it (like kids for SBS or when Laura went up to play guitar). You have to be in the right place at the right time.

FLAV: Oh yeah, did Bono remember you? You would certainly stick out in my mind.
What a silly question, but I can't help to ask. :wink:

Lies: Thank you for the information. I really really need and appreciate all the heads up that I can get. I have never brought a sign, never wore a teeshirt that stuck out in some way, never was on someone's shoulders, etc.
I have always wanted to go up there, and the two times I was in the GA section, albeit I was right up front, and Bono noticed me, I was too shy and/or scared to even TRY. Call me a teeny weeny whimp. Hehe.
But now I know to go about an hour or two before the show starts and wait in line, I want to be in those first two rows! And I'm so tiny maybe I should invest in some shoes that add about 3 inches, to make me 5'3". :laugh:

Last edited:
xtal said:
FLAV: Oh yeah, did Bono remember you? You would certainly stick out in my mind.
What a silly question, but I can't help to ask. :wink:

Lies: Thank you for the information. I really really need and appreciate all the heads up that I can get. I have never brought a sign, never wore a teeshirt that stuck out in some way, never was on someone's shoulders, etc.
I have always wanted to go up there, and the two times I was in the GA section, albeit I was right up front, and Bono noticed me, I was too shy and/or scared to even TRY. Call me a teeny weeny whimp. Hehe.
But now I know to go about an hour or two before the show starts and wait in line, I want to be in those first two rows! And I'm so tiny maybe I should invest in some shoes that add about 3 inches, to make me 5'3". :laugh:

No problem, I'm happy to share any advice I can. Although, it may not be good advice coming from me since I've never been on stage and the only proveable acknowledgement I have from Bono is him basically mocking me! (can be heard on the Pittsburgh bootleg). It's better than nothing though, right? :lol:

My last piece of advice is to abandon the objective of getting a dance with Bono. The reason - you will become so obsessed with the possibility that when it doesn't happen, you'll be so disappointed, the whole show will go over your head. I used to want the same thing, but my first U2 GA experience ever, one of my best friends since age 4 was pulled onstage just feet in front of me to play guitar and I doubt I've ever been so elated in my entire life. No jealousy, no spite, nothing but sheer joy. I'm really glad that happened for her, and for me because I realized I would never truly appreciate the experience if I was there to get Bono's attention, not to simply enjoy the music for what it is. It's so much more fun when you're not having to worry about getting someone's attention. I did have a sign for one show. My friend wanted me to make her a sign, so I painted one that said "U2 Fan Since 1984..." and then made myself one to hang next to hers that said "...BORN In 1984, Still A Superfan!" The smiles we got from the crew were worth it :D

I agree ^.
I told ya I'm too much of a whimp even if he did call me on stage. I'd probably faint and there goes my chance. HAHA.

BTW, how was Bono mocking you?

xtal said:
I agree ^.
I told ya I'm too much of a whimp even if he did call me on stage. I'd probably faint and there goes my chance. HAHA.

BTW, how was Bono mocking you?

heh...well, before One he was doing his long intro speech and then he mentioned Paul O'Neil being at the concert that night. Then he says something to the effect of "about the only thing we have in common, besides Africa, is that we're both called Paul." And me being the starstruck insane woman that I am (and this being not only my first time in the ellipse, but front and center, I could reach out and touch him if I wanted to), I just screamed like I normally do for anything Bono says during a show, but this time, no one else really got it and since I was front and center, it's all he heard. So I stand there like a deer in the headlights and he turns to me and says, "what you didn't know that?" *winkysmile*

Not exactly a kiss or a dance, but I'll take it! :shrug:

It's actually not the first time Bono has mocked me, and he stood me up once too, so I'm used to it :wink:

Galeongirl said:
when did he mock you at other occasions then??? :wink: and I'm sure he meant it nice

When I met him in 2002, it was so cold (we'd slept outside and it was below freezing) and he took one look at me in all my outdoor gear (I'm sure all that was visible were my eyes) and jokingly said, "look at YOU!" and kind of laughed. But to make up for it, he shook my hand and then made some comment about how cold it felt, so he grabbed both of my hands and held them.

Now whenever my friends see me, they point and yell "look at YOU!"

Here's the full story:
http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=131976&perpage=15&pagenumber=5

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

When I met him in 2002, it was so cold (we'd slept outside and it was below freezing) and he took one look at me in all my outdoor gear (I'm sure all that was visible were my eyes) and jokingly said, "look at YOU!" and kind of laughed. But to make up for it, he shook my hand and then made some comment about how cold it felt, so he grabbed both of my hands and held them.

Now whenever my friends see me, they point and yell "look at YOU!"

Here's the full story:
http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=131976&perpage=15&pagenumber=5

:cute: aww he at least tried to warm your hands up a bit!
what's the deal with the otter there??? :wink:

Galeongirl said:

:cute: aww he at least tried to warm your hands up a bit!
what's the deal with the otter there??? :wink:

:lol: I have no clue, I didn't see that before!

My friend Erin, who posts here as eep, she used to always give Bono and Edge these hamster toys that would dance and sing a song if you pinch their foot. I think at one show, the dancing hamster made it on stage and sat on Edge's sound equipment the whole time.

:lmao: you serious???? got any pictures???
Brilliant!
Edge and the hamster toy... well, at least it shows they apreciate the gifts and keep them! (their kids would like them aswell I think)

Back
Top Bottom