What's your pet peeve?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:rant:

*people who always have to be the center of attention
*people who can/feel compelled to turn any topic into somehow being about them
*people who have to share every minute detail of their lives, no matter how sick to death others are of hearing about it

Gina Marie said:

*people who always have to be the center of attention
*people who can/feel compelled to turn any topic into somehow being about them
*people who have to share every minute detail of their lives, no matter how sick to death others are of hearing about it

this post was a thread killer! who here was scared to post about their lives after reading this?

I WAS!

:wave:

but i overcame my fears and posted anyway.
:drunk:

i have a lot of pet peeves, esp. ones that people have already posted, so if someone already has, i'll be brief, and not give an example or go into a lot of detail.

- people who use bad grammar (i'm a grammar whore lol)
- bad drivers of any kind
- kristie: i hate when people do that about merchandise with no barcode too, and i don't even work in a store! :wink:
- people who talk to me in a restroom, even if they're the one in a stall and i'm just waiting on them to come out.
- children with no discipline/parents who could care less
- stupid people who roar through parking lots at 50 mph without looking as they drive past a store enterance.
- people who still think cell phones are a rarity and they are cool because they have one. news flash - EVERYONE HAS ONE. EVERYONE CAN GET ONE. YOU ARE NO LONGER HIP, COOL, OR A RARITY BECAUSE YOU HAVE A CELL PHONE.
- people who just send me forwards (e-mail)! i swear there are some people i've not heard from in months cuz all they do is send me stupid forwards about chain letters, etc. so sadly, i add them to my ignore list, and peruse the recycle bin in my e-mail client like i always do to make sure something didn't get accidentally deleted.
- I HATE PEOPLE WHO SLURP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UGH!!!! it's so annoying! unless it's something ridiculously hot or cold, you don't need to slurp it!!
- people who think tipping (in america, i know other countries are different so i thought i should clarify) is optional. oh yes, the nice waitress who makes $2.15 an hour so deserves to get no tip from you. meanwhile, i have to leave double so i don't look like a bitch!
- people who have annoying ringers and seem to take 15 minutes to answer their cell phone. you know who i mean, the kind who take 3-4 cycles of their ringer to finally answer it.
- inconsiderate people. i get so tired of someone walking right in front of me and letting the door slam in my face.
- people who drive around at 5 mph and are lost. IF YOU'RE LOST, PULL OVER! we all learned from the griswolds, when you're lost, it's best to pull over, or you'll end up in a bad neighbourhood.
- stupid cheapskates who get pissed off because it's not 1950 anymore. bread isn't 10 cents anymore. get over it. you make $25 an hour, i think you can afford it.
- people who clap in front of any screen, be it a movie or television screen. THEY CAN'T HEAR YOU. NO ONE CARES.
- people who can't seem to just get to the point, or even accept that you agree with them.
(ex... person 1: i have a favour to ask you.
person 2: all right.
1: could i borrow the car tonight?
2: sure.
1: ...because...blah blah blah I SAID YES ALREADY SHEESH!!)
- people who always have to one-up you. you've got a headache? they have a cold! you got praise? they got a raise! geez.

I absolutely ABHOR Litterbugs ! :mad:

As in the words of my best guy friend, "Wanna Choke on that in 50 years?" I wouldn't and neither would you so god, just stop throwing your crap on the street. Same goes for spitters. There are garbage cans you know!

Last edited:
here is another one to add to my list of pet peeves:

*when you park your car in an empty parking lot and there are at least 10 empty spaces on both sides of your car. and as you are about to get out of your car, another car pulls up and parks right next to you. THAT annoys the hell out of me! :mad:

Last edited:
Grr

Stores getting ready for Christmas and what-not already. Xmas is still 7 flipping weeks away. Some people, unfortunately, find the holidays to be extremely depressing and do not need to be reminded of it so frequently or insanely early.

Sorry to hear that

adamswildhoney said:
When one of my classes gets cancelled and im stuck at school!! Why cant my other classes be cancelled to now thats a novel idear!!! :eyebrow:

Oooh, that bites. That's happened to me, too. I used to think, "Oh, well I could actually do some homework or study to kill time *novel idea*" but nooo, I went and played on the computers or went to the graphic design lab. LOL

I NEED MY DAILY RANT TODAY!

LIARS-honesty is such a lonely word-how TRUE!!

narcissists-and of course they never realize that they are :rolleyes:

immaturity

people on pathetic power trips

:rant: *kicks stuff and goes to live on Mars*

:( :angry: :tsk: :barf:

Re: I NEED MY DAILY RANT TODAY!

Gina Marie said:
LIARS-honesty is such a lonely word-how TRUE!!

Ugh, liars...my sister is a compulsive one. She doesn't even know she lies.

I also get irritated when trying to find a space in a parking lot, and some lazy idiot leaves their cart right in the space instead of taking the it back to the cart corral.

:scream:

senrab said:
I also get irritated when trying to find a space in a parking lot, and some lazy idiot leaves their cart right in the space instead of taking the it back to the cart corral.
same here, or when someone had to double-park, and they parked just enough in that second space to where no one can fit unless they're a motorcycle.

basically, i hate it whenever someone's stupidity or carelessness makes you have to park super super far away.

Re: Re: I NEED MY DAILY RANT TODAY!

senrab said:

:scream:

lol at the cart corral. yeah i hate that crap too. i usually end up collecting those stranded shoppng carts around my car and take them to the cart corral or inside for those stupid lazy bastards. :mad:

one more pet peeve.

DELTA AIRLINES!!!! WTF is up with blocking seat assignments? and the limited space inside a 757 for carry on luggage!!! :scream:

KhanadaRhodes said:
- people who clap in front of any screen, be it a movie or television screen. THEY CAN'T HEAR YOU. NO ONE CARES.

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Enough nods for you? :lol: Two of my roommates do this all the time and now I'M starting to pick it up! grrrrr....

KhanadaRhodes said:

same here, or when someone had to double-park, and they parked just enough in that second space to where no one can fit unless they're a motorcycle.

basically, i hate it whenever someone's stupidity or carelessness makes you have to park super super far away.

:yes: In my apartment complex, there are a limited number of parking spots. There SHOULD be enough for everyone, but people in the far lot have to take up two spaces all the time so it's nearly impossible to find a space! Eek! My 4-door sedan is not gonna squeeze into some teeny spot!

* People who stop talking to me, act mad and WON'T tell me what I did to deserve that. I mean ... be a grown up.

*INS officers who WRECK THE BACK SEAT OF MY CAR!!!! It's RUINED. The fecking thing comes OFF now. Feck.

*Feeling in any situation that I'm the only one trying.

I have roommate greivances....

She sings off key to U2 guitar lines, and tries to make the sound effects. Gah, one DOES NOT SING THE MYSTERIOUS WAYS GROOVE!

She eats peanut butter sandwiches with her mouth open. There is no worse sound.

She uses hand sanitizer CONSTANTLY and it burns my nose and makes the room smell funny.

She locks the door constantly, even if she's only stepping out for a minute.

She listens to soft rock that I can't stand.

She reads over my shoulder.

She gives me pointers on my essays. Hello, she's a first year, I'm a second year, and I'm a History major. She's a bio major. GARRHHHHH!!!!!

On edit: All she talks about is school. That's it. Besides school, she tells the same like five stories over and over again. Then she'll tell them once more for good measure. AURGH! And she talks CONSTANTLY!

Well, to put it lightly, she's a little intense, I'm more than a tad laid back. We're not fighting, she just annoys me. Oh well, feels good to vent.

Last edited:
Someone mentioned early Christmas decorations and stuff... I hate that! It takes away from the thrill of the holidays... My neighbors already have their (artificial... I hate those too) tree in their living room. :huh:

And, I hate it when someone sits next to me when I'm browsing PLEBA. I just can't enjoy the dirty stuff when someone's watching me. :|

Thought of yet another...

People who COMPLETELY zone out when the TV's on...

One of my roommates in particular does this. I'll be sitting down in the living room watching TV and she'll come downstairs and just gawk at the TV. You can't say anything to her because she won't hear it.

:lol: One time I tried a little experiment...I started flipping through the channels really really fast and still she continued to gawk, not even so much as BLINKING!!! Man oh man! :rolleyes:

My pet peeve = the woman who was just in front of me at the supermarket. :|

It was her turn at the checkout and her basket was FULL. But she decides to make a cell call...while holding the phone with one hand, it only left one hand free to unload ALL THOSE FECKIN' GROCERIES!!!!!! :mad:

I wanted to scream!! :rant: She was going so slow that the cashier had to stop and wait for her to unload stuff to ring up. :banghead:

What's wrong with people?!? :scream:

All I wanted was a few cans of cat food for my kitties :sad:

Ok, thanks for letting me vent. :sigh:

erised said:
My pet peeve = the woman who was just in front of me at the supermarket. :|

It was her turn at the checkout and her basket was FULL. But she decides to make a cell call...while holding the phone with one hand, it only left one hand free to unload ALL THOSE FECKIN' GROCERIES!!!!!! :mad:

I wanted to scream!! :rant: She was going so slow that the cashier had to stop and wait for her to unload stuff to ring up. :banghead:

What's wrong with people?!? :scream:

All I wanted was a few cans of cat food for my kitties :sad:

Ok, thanks for letting me vent. :sigh:

I have issues with cell phones... what you just mentioned is one of my problems... People who think they can use them and be perfect drivers at the same time is another.

I don't own one, most people I know do own one and have very good cell phone etiquette... but others just piss me off. I especially hate it when people go inside a room and don't even say hi because they're on the phone with someone. Can't they finish their call and THEN go in the room??? :|

flaming june said:

I have issues with cell phones... what you just mentioned is one of my problems... People who think they can use them and be perfect drivers at the same time is another.

I don't own one, most people I know do own one and have very good cell phone etiquette... but others just piss me off. I especially hate it when people go inside a room and don't even say hi because they're on the phone with someone. Can't they finish their call and THEN go in the room??? :|

Oka,y I just started workin gfor trader joes, and the yuppies are CONSTANTLY on their cell phones even while in the checkout line. So I'm here, tyring to ask if they'd like their milk double bagged, and they are oblivious and continue with their conversation. They don't even thank the cashier or the bagger. Sometimes when I was stocking yesterday, the'd ask me a question WHILE on their cell phone and then I'd try to answer them, to no avail because they werent paying attention anyway.

MiniFly said:

Oka,y I just started workin gfor trader joes, and the yuppies are CONSTANTLY on their cell phones even while in the checkout line. So I'm here, tyring to ask if they'd like their milk double bagged, and they are oblivious and continue with their conversation. They don't even thank the cashier or the bagger. Sometimes when I was stocking yesterday, the'd ask me a question WHILE on their cell phone and then I'd try to answer them, to no avail because they werent paying attention anyway.

:yes: I had someone do that to me once...Man, what I would like to do now, if I could get away with it, is not serve them at ALL until they got off the fookin' thing!

My pet peeve is when people take their dogs to Pet Stores and then get mad when people pet their dogs!
Yesterday, I went to PetCo to buy some winter wear for my doggies. There was a lady with the cutest mut at the sweater
isle and her dog came to sniff me, I knelt down to pet her.
She gave me this snooty look, why bring your dog to a pet store if you don't want anyone to touch your dog!!!!

When I take my dog to the pet store, I expect people to
pet my dog and ask me questions. :shrug:

Been meaning to reply to this-you guys have got a lot of pet peeves!

Kristie said:
Well?
My big one is when people misuse apostrophes.
Like in R and H, when Bono writes "Rock and roll stop's the traffic?"
I was so disappointed in him.
STOPS, Bono. Are there any letters missing that warrant an apostrophe? NO. Does the traffic belong to stop? NO.

anyway
so, what's yours?

I was not aware of this! Now I'll have to go watch the movie later on here. Bad grammar can bug me, too...I'm not anal about it, but there have been times when I've been reading stories or whatever and I'll notice they use the wrong version of a word (such as "your" and "you're", or "there", "their" and "they're", and stuff like that, it's like, argh!).

Wertsie, I totally agree with you on the thing about someone coming to a U2 board to simply complain about them or talk about why they don't like them, or to prove that "Pop" sucks and all that. I mean, if someone loves the band, but just doesn't care for a particular song or album and mentiones why they don't care for that song or album, fine, but with some people, that's all they do, and you wonder why they're here if they can't find anything good to say about U2.

And you guys keep mentioning things involved with driving that bug you-reminds me of my friend Rachel, she hates it when people don't use their turn signals-she even has a sticker on the back window of her car that says, "Visualize using your turn signal". :).

Here's some of my pet peeves:

*Homophobic people. Seriously, they can really get on my nerves (and I just love their little catchphrase they use as an "argument"-"God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve". :rolleyes: AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH! That's got to be the stupidest phrase ever invented).

*Whenever I am singing along to a song, if someone tries to carry on a conversation with me, that bugs me. I honestly don't know why, but it does.

*Whenever I go to Subway and get a round, plain cheese sandwich, someone always has to make some little remark about the fact that I just want a cheese sandwich-they'll go, "Just cheese?" (no, I want more on my sandwich, I just don't want to tell you that :rolleyes:...), or one time a lady working there actually said to my dad when he went to get us Subway for dinner and he ordered my cheese sandwich-"Boy, your family doesn't have much taste, do they?" (did we ask for their comments on our food choices? No).

And what's really funny is this-I thought that was just a local thing, but no, when my school choir was going on a trip to New York City when I was in 10th grade, we stopped at a Subway in Ohio on our way out there-they did the same thing there, too!

Sorry...that just bugs me...

*Cigarette smoke-in my old town, I had friends whose parents smoked, and if my friend and I went somewhere, I'd be in their car, and their parents would be smoking, and I seriously cannot stand the smell of cigarette smoke, so I just rolled down my window.

At least nobody I know who smokes has ever blown smoke right in my face.

*Whenever my mom's fallen asleep, I'll take the remote and change the channel ('cause, you know, my mom's sleeping, she's not watching anything), and then my mom'll wake up and take the remote back and change it back to what she was watching...and then fall right back to sleep again. Uh...

*When crappy artists "cover" really good songs. It's not their genre. Why do they insist on butchering good songs?

There's a few things.

Angela

Re: Re: What's your pet peeve?

Moonlit_Angel said:

*Whenever I am singing along to a song, if someone tries to carry on a conversation with me, that bugs me. I honestly don't know why, but it does.

There's a few things.

Angela

:lol: Argh, that really bugs me too, especially if I have told the person I really like the song... Why can't they wait until the song ends? I never talk to people when their favorite song is playing! :rant:

Back
Top Bottom