Whats with Bono's eyes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kate1

War Child
Hi im just wondering whether Bono has brown or blue eyes?
Or if he has brown eyes but wears blue contacts.

Cos in older videos such as 'pride' and 'I still havent found' look like he has very dark eyes and in the 'Sweetest thing' vid and now he has light blue eyes.....

Whats going on here? :huh: :huh:

:huh: :crack: WTF?? There are pics of Bono with blue eyes way before those color contacts were invented. If they look darker sometimes it's the lighting in the pic.

bonocorbis.jpg

Yes, people who've met him always comment on how very blue his eyes are, and even early pictures show that. As to the pale eye colour in The Sweetest Thing, all of the colours in that video seem a bit washed out to me.

Very intense blue eyes. I think the color looks different with the lighting.
After seeing him in person, I felt like the little boy in The Jungle Book who is hypnotized by the snakes eyes. :lol: I could NOT look away from the eyes! Bono has to break the gaze... a mere mortal can not look away. :crack: ;)

EPandAmerica said:
After seeing him in person, I felt like the little boy in The Jungle Book who is hypnotized by the snakes eyes. :lol: I could NOT look away from the eyes! Bono has to break the gaze... a mere mortal can not look away. :crack: ;)

I can attest to the mesmerizing quality of his eyes. I had a dream a couple years back and he looked at me and all I could do was look in his eyes, and read what was behind them. They were very, veryblue behind his very blue shades.:laugh:

I've never met him, but I have been close enough in concert to see his eyes, and they are incredibly beautiful and mesmerizing :yes: I was standing right at his feet outside the heart in Baltimore when he took off his shades, blinked them and then opened them and looked at us. Several of us girls up close literally screamed. It was magic. I agree, his eyes and his gaze are intense and powerful.

Well, look at that baby picture. Those are the most intense, intelligent eyes I've ever seen on a baby. They're actually a bit alarming.

EPandAmerica said:

Amen to that! :lol:

Why wats wrong with his eyesight?
I also love the discription of Bono's eyes, lol :drool:

I think just might be the dark lighting or something.

I have been fortunate enough to have looked into Bono's beautiful BLUE eyes on few occassions, and I can attest that they are definitely a light, baby blue like a blue sky.

I have turqouise color eyes (Blue-green) and yes, that is their natural color. But lighting, especially with photography can make the eyes appear any shade of blue, green ect. or even brown. I know this because, when I was in college I worked as a photographer. Also, film, paper, can have a warm or cool color, intensity.

I have greeny/bluey eyes and they look darker when i wear dark clothes and a very light blue when i wear light shades!

same with eye shadow too. black eye shadow makes my eyes look brown :huh:

Bono has a very powerful gaze. It's kinda freaky. But his eyes are so pretty. :cute: I can't look into them for more than a few seconds before I have to look away.

Last edited:
me cos i get very shy around FIT blokes, also he would know that i love him otherwise by looking at my pupils.lol. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom