What's up with Bono???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

firstlove

The Fly
I was just watching the Unforgettable Fire documentary on the Slane DVD and when they're back in the studio and they want Bono to sing and he says "I'll do some scat singing if it's any help to you" he looks sick or, for lack of a better words, like he needs to go to the loo . . . does anyone have any idea? after that, when he's singing in the studio, he seems fine, but was Bono just being weird??

thank you, and that would make sense . . . they talk later saying "its been a hard two days" still, don't you want to point him in the direction of the bathroom:laugh:, it looks like he needs to go . . . :lmao:

Maybe it's because he swallowed some fire. (Check towards the end of the documentary: he puts a lit match in his mouth!)

Rachel D. said:
Maybe it's because he swallowed some fire. (Check towards the end of the documentary: he puts a lit match in his mouth!)

Haha, I get a kick out of that-it's things like that that sometimes make me wonder if he's not of this world :wink:.

He does look tired in that documentary-the whole band does (that one part where Larry looks like he's falling asleep on the couch...awww, poor guy :hug:...). Can't say I'd blame them, either-long, long time to be doing all that stuff (also, Eno and Lanois and the band and others who were working with them on that album are all freakin' geniuses...it amazes me how they understand exactly what they need to do to get such and such song just right and what buttons to move around to make this sound better or that sound faster or slower or whatever. I have a ton of respect for people who make albums).

Angela

u2bonogirl said:
how about that little dance he does?:lmao:
seriously, hes so cute sometimes

:yes:...I love the dance, too, it's so adorable and funny :cute:. He's a real cutie in that documentary (heh, my mom watched it with me, and she just sat there going, "I can't believe how young he looks here!" :p).

Originally posted by u2bonogirl
I love the word knackered. It rocks

Yeah...the British always have these really neat ways of saying things. I love the way you British people talk :D.

Angela

I have a new word in my vocabulary! This girl from the U.S. South is going to be using the word "knackered".
*looking forward to weird looks*

Rachel D. said:

0a0a24b3.jpg

6ef28f7a.jpg

verte76 said:
I have a new word in my vocabulary! This girl from the U.S. South is going to be using the word "knackered".
*looking forward to weird looks*

:lol:...that will be interesting.

I've taken to using the term "arse" an awful lot now. And occasionally, I've said "bloody", too. Don't really think to use "wanker"...but it is a cool word :p. I've just been using them online, though...if I were to use them in everyday conversation offline, I expect I'd get some strange looks, seeing as I live in Wyoming...:D.

But this is what happens when you get interested in European bands/actors :yes:.

Angela

I don't know why people are so impressed with the whole putting a match out in your mouth thing. I was always afraid to try to do it. Then I saw Bono do it and I thought, Bono seems to be a bit of a wimp so how hard could it be. It is very easy and painless....although you do have a bit of a bad taste in your mouth afterwards.

I do have to say that my favorite part of the UF video is when Bono is singing into the mic with The Edge, they're singing something, and then Bono just starts to laugh. He kind of does a cackle laugh. It is so cute! :cute: Oh, of course when Bono does that little dance, kind of like the Macarena, now that is adorable! This doesn't have to do with Bono, but isn't there some part later on in the video where someone says something about the Flock of Seagulls, and then Larry gets right up to camera and says something like, "Just for the record I want that part edited out." He was so cute and was actually smiling and speaking on camera!! Oh, now I am going to have to watch that video tonight.

clementine_rose said:
I do have to say that my favorite part of the UF video is when Bono is singing into the mic with The Edge, they're singing something, and then Bono just starts to laugh. He kind of does a cackle laugh. It is so cute! :cute:

:yes:...they're trying to get that one song and just start laughing. You can tell from some of their actions in that documentary that it's been a long day. My sister and I do that sometimes-it'll be late at night and we can't get to sleep yet and we're just laughing at the dumbest stuff.

Originally posted by clementine_rose
This doesn't have to do with Bono, but isn't there some part later on in the video where someone says something about the Flock of Seagulls, and then Larry gets right up to camera and says something like, "Just for the record I want that part edited out."

Hmmm...can't remember seeing that part right now. But one part I found amusing was toward the end...Bono and Edge were sitting on that couch, and Bono was writing something down, and they were going to write Larry's full name out for some reason or other, and they were trying to remember how to spell it :p. I can imagine Larry was probably thinking something along the lines of, "You guys've been hanging out with me for HOW many years now, and you can't remember how to spell my freakin' name?" LOL.

Angela

yeah I agree - think he was knacered too, think they all were!

Love his little danicing bit (if you can call it dancing lol!!!) :lmao:

when they're talking about Larry's name, aren't they actually trying to mess it up?? aren't they trying to make fun of his name?
Eno was going of to 'freshen up' or something like that, so they told him to go get Larry

Edge calls Larry "Lardence" and Bono kind-of looks at him funny and says something (the subtitles dont catch it) and then The Edge spells out lardence and then Bono says (in a very odd accent that I cant place) "Lardence. Tutti Highlights." and then Larry comes in, they play pride. credits, and the end.

firstlove said:
when they're talking about Larry's name, aren't they actually trying to mess it up?? aren't they trying to make fun of his name?
Eno was going of to 'freshen up' or something like that, so they told him to go get Larry

Edge calls Larry "Lardence" and Bono kind-of looks at him funny and says something (the subtitles dont catch it) and then The Edge spells out lardence and then Bono says (in a very odd accent that I cant place) "Lardence. Tutti Highlights." and then Larry comes in, they play pride. credits, and the end.

Oh, is that what was going on? I thought they were trying to spell his name out for something and couldn't remember it. It's hard to catch what they're saying sometimes, 'cause they speak quietly, and quiet voices with thick accents can be hard to hear (but it's still cute anyway :)).

Angela

Back
Top Bottom