What's the deal with Adam's ring?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe his ring is a little big for him and it keeps slipping around and around. Or maybe he plays with it when he's bored or has nothing to do with his hands. :shrug:

JezSnape said:
I've actually noticed that Bono doesn't seem to wear his ring anymore, but since I first noticed it watching the Boston/Elevation DVD, I figured that he left it off not to have someone trying to slide it off him when he grabbed fans' hands. Not that I would ever dream about trying to slide his ring off, but you never know... I would dream about sliding practically everything else off him, though. Him or anyone in the band actually...

Anyway, to go back to the topic off Adam, does anyone know how his smoking is doing? 'Cause I saw at the Boston show, that he was chewing gum like a madman during the whole thing, and as soon as he hung hos bass off, someone gave him a cigarette. During Chicago/Vertigo however, he didn't chew gum did he? That's a positive sign, right? I'm figuring that if he can quit, so can I :huh:

You mean the Boston DVD right?

Meghan said:
Maybe his ring is a little big for him and it keeps slipping around and around. Or maybe he plays with it when he's bored or has nothing to do with his hands. :shrug:

I thougth that I he wears his wedding ring on another finger because he sweats and it falls off. Or something like that!

Meghan said:

:hmm:

It DOES seem a little big for him. That happens to my rings all the time. Good theory!

I think it's the same ring. No offense intended to the male gender, but how many men would take the time to change rings periodically? I'm a woman and I never change the rings I'm wearing.

Livi

JezSnape said:
So, apparently he has two rings that he alternates between. At least that means that the question if he is, or isn't (as someone put it) is answered. I mean, if I had an engagement or wedding ring, or a ring to signify that I was dating someone for that matter, I wouldn't go around changing the ring every other day, would you?

Pretty sure he wears both one on each hand!

Like This...
26kw.jpg

JezSnape said:

Of course there are reasons not to wear a wedding ring (except not being married) But if you had an engagement ring, or a wedding ring, would you really put on another completely different ring? And as is the case with the Claddagh ring, put it on the "wrong" way?

And, just for the record, I wouldn't mind a 30-day trial of Adam either, but I could settle for Edge, if the Adam ones are out?

It really depends on how he wears the Claddagh ring.

"The ring worn on the right hand, crown turned inwards tells that the wearers heart is yet unoccupied, worn with the crown turned outward reveals love is being considered.

Worn on the left hand the crown turned outwards shows all, that the wearer's heart is truly spoken for".--claddaghrings.org

However the ring he's wearing in that pic, (where he's wearing the blue shirt and light colored pants), looks like a more traditional wedding ring.

To me it says, "I'm taken" whether he changes rings or not, he's wearing it on the same finger.

I, on occasion, will wear this silver ring I usually have on my right hand, on my left, if I go hang out with my sister when she takes me to clubs with her.

She likes nightclubs, I go just so she's not by herself, but I'm in a committed relationship, and I figure it's just easier than having to explain, hey I'm not interested, to have a ring on my left-hand ring finger.

He's been with Suzie almost 10? years I think, might as well be married, if not technically.

Last edited:
smk1379 said:

You mean the Boston DVD right?

I'm not sure, what are you referring to? I must be confused, 'cause I don't understand what you're asking? :confused:
Yeah, I know, I'm a bit slow sometimes... :shh:

I feel like such a dumbass sometimes... :laugh: Let's see if I can clear this up...
On the Boston/Elevation DVD, Adam chews gum, and in the end gets a cigarette.
On the Chicago/Elevation DVD, he does not chew gum (that I can see) and he isn't given a cigarette as soon as he hangs his bass off. Does that mean that he's one step closer to quit smoking?

JezSnape said:
[B}
On the Chicago/Elevation DVD, he does not chew gum (that I can see) and he isn't given a cigarette as soon as he hangs his bass off. Does that mean that he's one step closer to quit smoking? [/B]

Do you mean Vertigo!? :shrug: I meant the Elevation DVD from Boston because I remember that cigarette!

I make no sense and don't know how to explain myself better!:banghead: :crazy:

Bloody hell, I messed it up again! :lol:

Yes, in the VERTIGO/ CHICAGO DVD, Adam does not chew gum.
In the BOSTON/ ELEVATION DVD, he does.

I'm such a bloody loser... :reject: And yes, I use the word "bloody" too much...

I'm so sorry smk1379, you made perfect sense, I just had no clue about anything... :rolleyes:

JezSnape said:

I'm such a bloody loser... :reject: And yes, I use the word "bloody" too much...

I'm so sorry smk1379, you made perfect sense, I just had no clue about anything... :rolleyes:
don't forget the Slane dvd.. the gum chewing was very obvious ther :D and no ciggy seenby me there!

JezSnape said:

That is ok:up: :hug:

Back
Top Bottom