What would you do if......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
....this happened to you?!

ZP76930.jpg

You were at Disneyland and saw a U2 member and his family? The guy who took this didn't want to disturb them, but wouldn't it be hard not to do something? How could you stand it??!!

Bono is marked in the photo, Ali is the woman in black to the left of your screen pushing the baby stroller and Jordan and Eve are two little girls with ponytails and jackets tied around their waists in between their parents. I assume the blonde woman is Suzanne Doyle, their longtime personal assistant. Just your typical, average Irish family out for a normal vacation!
wink.gif

RS78846.jpg

Or what about this- you are working in the drive thru of the burger joint in the K-Mart parking lot and you go to the window to discover the customer is- BONO!! There he is, reaching for his drinks, four of them! One for him and each member of the band! Now what would you do??
confused.gif
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

------------------
"Walk On, stay safe tonight"

I'd freak out and not move, mouth wide open like an idiot
biggrin.gif

I don't think I'd have the guts to go up to them in public.

------------------
'listen as hope and peace try to rhyme' -*POP*

"Nothing of me is original. I am the combined efforts of everybody I've ever known."
-Chuck Palahniuk, 'Invisible Monsters'

1. It'd be cute to see Bono wearing one of those hats with mickey mouse ears

2. It's cool how the sign right above him says something about "_____ the greatest star of all lies our future"
biggrin.gif

3. I would jump through the takeout window FREE MONA WITH EVERY BEVERAGE PURCHASE!!

------------------
~*Mona*~
"I love to paint. I don't think it's just the fumes, but it might be." ~Bono

"What you don't have you don't need it now, What you don't know you can feel it somehow."

Bono with the wife and kids... No I would not disturb them.

Bono, Edge, Larry and Adam at MacDonalds... Yes! I would make a fool out of my self!
smile.gif

Yeah I dont think I could bug Bono if he was with his whole family doin the family thing. I would definatly
eek.gif
and then probly pass out!!

biggrin.gif

------------------
Sicilian Women Are More Dangerous Than Shotguns

My Website

I'd probably piss myself !

j/k

If Bono (or any other U2 member) was with his family I wouldn't approach him.

Now if they were alone or with their entourage yeah I would approach them...with great difficulty ! I'd be really shy, awestruck, excited and nervous..

If I would be working at the drive thru I would jump into his car and yell "Take me away Bono !!!"

biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Naya:

If I would be working at the drive thru I would jump into his car and yell "Take me away Bono !!!"

biggrin.gif

Lol! You want ME with that? I mean...you want fries with that?...

------------------
~*Mona*~

"What you don't have you don't need it now, What you don't know you can feel it somehow."

I thought about that Disneyland thing before and this is what I came up with an idea:
I have a daughter the same age as his girls and she likes to ride and I don't, so I would go up to them and pretend I didn't know who they were and say, mind if my daughter rides with yours, she likes riding with kids her own age. Then while we were waiting, I'd say, "beautiful day, I'm glad we didn't let it get away." Then once he caught on, I'd say, "am I buggin' ya? Didn't mean to BUG ya!" By then I'm sure he would either laugh or get mad, if he did I'd say, "Everybody's having a good time except YOU, you're acting like it's the end of the world!"

I did think of that and it would make a funny SNL skit or something but of course in real life I would likely be too scared to do anything, and of course not that stuff, just a joke. I'm sure I would really freeze and stand there all starstruck in disbelief! I do think it's possible to discreetly say 'hi' to a famous person without drawing attention and ruining their day, they have to expect it might happen, even the kids. But it wouldn't be me who made a move, I'd be afraid to.

As far as the drive-in window, I would be outside with them, no question, I wouldn't give a crap if I left the other customers and got fired!
biggrin.gif

Mona, you totally cracked me up!
I would probably hand them salt one at a time, just to keep them there as long as I could and I'd give them all the kids toys I had back there and then I'd offer to quit my job and be their tour guide, if that didn't work, I'd duct tape myself to the back of the car.
I would never bug Bono with his family. In fact, I am so protective I'd try to run defense for them and shoo away any fans that tried to approach them from behind. "Yes, you can talk to Bono IF you let me do a practice appendectomy on you ... I need the surgery hours and I've seen it done on TV".
Bluey of Doom

Originally posted by blueeyes:
Mona, you totally cracked me up!
I would probably hand them salt one at a time, just to keep them there as long as I could and I'd give them all the kids toys I had back there and then I'd offer to quit my job and be their tour guide, if that didn't work, I'd duct tape myself to the back of the car.
I would never bug Bono with his family. In fact, I am so protective I'd try to run defense for them and shoo away any fans that tried to approach them from behind. "Yes, you can talk to Bono IF you let me do a practice appendectomy on you ... I need the surgery hours and I've seen it done on TV".
Bluey of Doom

LOL @ giving them salt grain by grain! You could spend a lot of time giving them all the different sauces, napkins, plasticware, etc that you could find.
smile.gif

About the whole Disneyland thing, I wouldn't approach Bono (especially since he was with his family), but I might trail at a distance for a little bit. Or if I saw they were about to wait in line for ride, I would probably try to wait in line behind them. I would only do that once, though- I wouldn't them to think they had a stalker!
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by EPandAmerica:
Bono with the wife and kids... No I would not disturb them.

Bono, Edge, Larry and Adam at MacDonalds... Yes! I would make a fool out of my self!
smile.gif

i completly agree. gypsyheartgirl and blueeyes, you are hilarious!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Brought to you by the OTHER "creamy coated pop icon goddess."

Love,
Emily

LMAO at Bluey taping herself to the car.
biggrin.gif
I wouldn't disturb them with their families, cos I can imagine if the roles were reversed, it would really get on my nerves.
At the drive thru... well that's another matter entirely.
biggrin.gif

Gypsy - LOL - I had the exact same thought! Just try to slide on in line behind them with MY kids and strike up a casual conversation - "so, you guys having a good time? what's your favorite ride" and all that. I'd love to just have a chance to say thanks to any of the guys in the band. Truth, though, I'd probably just stand back and snap a picture I'd be so worried about coming off like an idiot.

Peace!

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

Sorry to be a killjoy, but I have some doubts surrounding that picture. A pregnant woman cannot fly after around 7.5 months.
1book.gif
So she was nearly two to three weeks near delivery, so I think traveling was out of the question for her. Besides, he had a concert that night (in Anaheim) and you can't go through Disneyland in a half a day.

------------------
u2achtungbaby.homestead.com

Come on take me away
Come on take me home
Home again

all i know is that i actually went to downtown disney that same night (or was it the night before?) as that picture was taken looking for any trace of u2 since they were in town. and i was going to go to disney land that day to see if they were there...i really missed out...i dont know what i would have done though, probably follow them around and have friends take pictures of me with him in the background.

------------------

It doesn't matter what songs we sing. I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me. - Larry

Hey Gypsy and crzy, same plan here!
biggrin.gif

My daughter is the only one in the family who would go on wild rides and I'm always looking for someone to ride with her, Eve or Jordan would perfect companions!
smile.gif

U2Kitten, the blonde woman was their Disney tour guide...So I don't think they were ever in line.
I used to work at McDs ages ago but my drive thru never was that exciting!
I'd spill the drinks on Bono, forsing me to go out there with napkins to help him clean up!
biggrin.gif

u2achtungbaby, Ali was traveling until the very end of her pregnancy.
On that day I went outside the venue to wait for the boys but they came very late and didn't have time to say hello to the fans.
While were waiting someone got a phone call on her cell phone from this person who saw Bono & family at Disneyland.
Also, after the first show in Anaheim we saw Ali walk in the party tent.

I'd duct tape myself to the back of the car.
lol at bluey of doom!

proof there is a God:
1. Bono
2. duct tape

also Nicamom!! lol! --
I'd spill the drinks on Bono, forsing me to go out there with napkins to help him clean up! *cackle*

In the 2nd pic Bono looks kinda like Pat from Train

------------------
~*Mona*~

oooohhh see the date at the top pf that pic? April 26...that's my birthday! So I would think it was the greatest present ever to be standing a few feet away from Bono! I think that it would be so hard to respect his privacy, but I wouldn't bother him. Imagine how little time his wife and children get to spend with him! It would absolutely kill me, but I would leave him alone. If his family weren't with him, I would approach him, but in this pic he's a dad and a husband, and I just couldn't interfere with that.

I'll TELL ya what I'd do: I'd completely FORGET the plans that I had up until that time, and follow Bono around for the rest of the day!!! (discreetly of course, I wouldn't be a freak or anything...maybe) And if the opportunity presented itself, whereby Bono was alone for a few minutes, then perhaps I'd approach him for an autograph...

But here's my question: why does the guy constantly wear LONG SLEEVES? Even in hot Florida? Look at everyone else in the picture: shorts, tshirts, etc., but Bono is in a long-sleeved hooded thing with pants...what's up with that?? Maybe he's cold-blooded, heh...
wink.gif

disco

I know Disco! When he came out to us in Lexington, it was at least 90 degrees F in the shade, and he came out with a leather jacket on! Jeez!

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

Ok,
I have a confession to make.
I'm like that too. I wear bunny hugs and leather pants in plus 40 degree heat (that's Celcuis people). I always have a jacket or a long sleeved shirt on. I am an overdresser.
I don't know why I do it, but I own about a bizzilion jackets and I like to wear them regardless of temperature because they are like little security blankies for me. I like to hang on to the cuffs, it's just something for my hands to do.
That's my take on it.
Bluey

------------------
"Yeah, Bono's a nice bunch of guys" - The Edge.

Ok,
I'm like that too. I wear bunny hugs and leather pants in plus 40 degree heat (that's Celcuis people). I always have a jacket or a long sleeved shirt on. I am an overdresser.
I don't know why I do it, but I own about a bizzilion jackets and I like to wear them regardless of temperature because they are like little security blankies for me. I like to hang on to the cuffs, it's just something for my hands to do.
That's my take on it.
Bluey

I love holding on to cuffs. Loooove it. But what in heaven's name is a bunny hug? The name has me laughing my head off!

------------------
~*Mona*~
"What you don't have you don't need it now, What you don't know you can feel it somehow." ~U2~

"You give me something to sleep to at night" ~Michelle Branch~

Ah. Bluey, are you a 'skinny minnie'???

friends and coworkers, if they are little tiny folks, are always freezing...ya don't have enough meat on yer bones!! EAT! EAT! MANGA! MANGA!!
biggrin.gif
hehehe...

Not to mention you're in Canada, eh? Well, it's freezing up there, no wonder!
rolleyes.gif

disco
p.s. bunny hugs??? are those long-johns?
smile.gif

Ok,
That's my take on it.
Bluey

Ha ha ha!
Ok, a bunny hug is a ... well its a ... it's a sweatshirt with a hood on it that zips up in the front. My mom calls them "hoodies".
And no, disco, I am definitly not a skinny minnie! I have some meat on my bones.
Bluey

Back
Top Bottom