what would you do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PrincessBadgirl

Acrobat
A funny thought just ran across my mind after reading the prank call post. If you knew that any of the members of U2 were staying in your town would you go to their apartment? What would you do if you knew where they were?

hehe....U2 in town...
biggrin.gif

*collects gadgets...spy cam...night vision goggles*

*insert Mission Impossible music here*

Oh yeah! I'd go to the apartment, ring the doorbell, and faint as soon as one of 'em opens the door. Then they'd have teh take me inside and care for me cause the hotel is up in the mountains and the snow is too deep for an ambulance to come...and...

------------------
*~*Phuzzie*~*

*Owner of the BonoDoll*

WARNING: Insanity is highly contagious!

My U2 Site

"I don't usually come across as a very deep person, but really I am deep. I'm deep when I need to be. When I'm frustrated I'll let all my feelings out, I'll be deep. So let me be deep, but don't get me frustrated." ~ Me, when asked how I could write such a deep response to the meaning of "Beautiful Day"

I dunno if I'd be able to just go up to the apartment/hotel. First off I'd most likely get all nervous and stammering. Secondly, I think it would be intrusive to bug them at home.

------------------
Daisy :)

She's standing at the station with her face pressed up against the glass.

"Jon, why can't you do what Bono says"--The Daily Show

I wouldn't go to their apartment and ring the doorbell because that would be rude, and I would hate it if people did that to me. However, I would start hanging out close to their apartment, and ensure that I 'accidentally' bumped into them.

I really think that I wouldn't be able to speak if I ran into Bono. I would probobally just blurt out "I love you" then my face would go red and I would run away.

------------------
***Spinny***
"OH, SINNY- er,um- SPINNY!" (freudian slip?)-JulyFly

"Here I go and I don't know why
I spin so ceaselessly
Could it be he's taken over me????
"

Well ... I am going to be in NYC from February 28-March 6. I wonder if Bono will be there?

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

I wouldn't ring their bell either but I would make sure that I walked up and down their apartment hall many times and look lost if I saw one of them thus starting a conversation. heh...maybe more might come of it...like them calling the cops, lol!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Is there a time for keeping your distance
A time to turn your eyes away
Is there a time for keeping your head down
For getting on with your day

Fengche@aol.com

I would hang around the building for sure but I don't know if I'd have the guts to try and approach their door. My husband and I did hang around the airport in Vegas for a few hours waiting to see when Air Elevation was going to land, hoping to get a glimpse of the boys, but we missed it.

I can't elieve I am admitting this, but ... well, I had a co-worker who was absolutely in live with NSYNC.

When they were here with their tour last summer, they stayed at a hotel near our office. On the day they were leaving to go on to the next city, she dragged me along to watch them leave the hotel. We were there with a huge mob of little girls.

Needless to say, I am NOT a fan on NSYNC ... and I felt ridiculous. I have never stood outside of the boys' hotel/home/studio. I don't know how I would feel about it.

Don't get me wrong ... I want to meet them, but what would I say .. "So, this is where you live." If someone were to do that to me, I would totally be weirded out. They're just people, like the rest of us.

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

LOL, its easy to write these things but if it were reality I know I'd be at home crying my eyes out because I'd lose my will if I knew where they were, all sorts of morals would beat upon me too. So I'd just be really pissed at myself for a few days.

well, this is interesting because i actually *do* live 6 blocks away from bono's apt. building in NYC. and, rumor has it that adam lives in the same building! *swoon* (i loveth adam!) however, aside from showing my friends who are fans which building it is, i would never hang around outside. that's just invading their privacy- i don't think it's right. when they're on tour, i would (and have!) hang around the back of the arena to try to get autographs. i think that's OK, because it's not their "private" time, and it's not crossing the line between public and private lives- i think that's part of the whole rock star job. but if they're not on tour- ie, when they're at home/on vacation/with their families- i think they should absolutely be left alone.

i don't know what i'd do if i saw bono or adam on the street randomly in my neighborhood- if they were with people i'd definitely leave them alone, but if they were by themselves... hmmmmm..... lol!
wink.gif

I'd set up camp outside and wait...
biggrin.gif

Just kidding. I'd probably be too shy to do anything like actually go into the apartment building or something, except kinda hang around outside for a while to see what would happen. I'd be nervous as heck, though.

------------------
the only baggage you can bring is all that you can't leave behind

Originally posted by Phuzzie_the_camera_girl:
hehe....U2 in town...
biggrin.gif

Hmmm...my dad has night vision goggles...nah I couldn't bring myself to stalk them. Now hang around the hotel a bit...maybe. Live outside of it and be creepy...nah.

------------------
It's the puppets that pull the strings.

*You're very kind. Most people laugh when they see my googly eye.*

+fabulous+

The Edge, it's a direct object.

I wouldn't go up to their apartments, until Halloween. I wanna see what kinda candy they would hand out. Of course, they would all be at Larry's for his birthday, so maybe I would invite myself in for cake.

------------------
Dana

"U2 is hot."
-random girl from my math class.

I would probably go to their hotel and hang around outside. It's public property and I stand a good chance of catchting them going in and out.

I wouldn't go to their apartment. That's a family oriented enviroment, and much more private to them. I wouldn't want to invade.

------------------
"A word I've always liked more than happiness is joy. Happiness is a mood that comes and goes, whereas joy is just there." -Bono

The CIRCLE only has one side.

MESH RULES!!!!!
(thanks to Bono's American Wife)

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

Originally posted by DML:
I wouldn't go up to their apartments, until Halloween. I wanna see what kinda candy they would hand out. Of course, they would all be at Larry's for his birthday, so maybe I would invite myself in for cake.

ROFL!!!!!!! THAT's such a CUTE idea!!
biggrin.gif

I think any other day -- going to their house on purpose would be borderline -- if not ACTUAL --stalking.....but that's just me. Halloween is a good compromise.

.....there's always binoculars.....

------------------
~*Mona*~ LOVE me, give me SOUL
"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~Bono

"I...I had a one night stand with the Discoteque video" ~Mona

"If I knew who I was I wouldn't be an artist, I wouldn't be in a band, I wouldn't be here screaming for a living." ~Bono

The Man Corral

I don't know if I would go into their hotel or their apartment.

If you think about it, we may be fans but we are still strangers to them, and I know I wouldn't want a stranger entering my apartment or even my hotel room, so I don't think they'd appreciate it that much, either.

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*
"And the Lord said 'Humble thyself, Bono!'" ~ Bono

"It's not like a family. It's like a street gang." ~ Larry

But you know there's something more
Tonight, tonight, tonight

I'd probably bring a book and some water and camp out on the grass.. or a bench.. or something across the street and try to look inconspicuous. If I saw them I'd have one side of my brain screaming "This is probably the only time you'll get to meet this person! TAKE THE OPPORTUNITY!!!" and the other side going "Nooo, yer invading their privacy!!"
And all in all, I'd probably end up doing nothing and sitting there, staring, with my mouth open.

Originally posted by PrincessBadgirl:
A funny thought just ran across my mind after reading the prank call post. If you knew that any of the members of U2 were staying in your town would you go to their apartment? What would you do if you knew where they were?

I would probably find some way to cross paths, but not in stalker like fashion. Not like, turning up hanging over a bathroom stall or anything, lol
smile.gif
I would just find ways to be in the same public places at the same time as they were.
biggrin.gif

------------------
And love is not the easy thing...the only baggage you can bring is all that you can't leave behind.

BONO: FOAD, Lawrence. Just FOAD. (LOL, Mona)

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

Originally posted by Phuzzie_the_camera_girl:
hehe....U2 in town...
biggrin.gif

Oh yeah! I'd go to the apartment, ring the doorbell, and faint as soon as one of 'em opens the door. Then they'd have teh take me inside and care for me cause the hotel is up in the mountains and the snow is too deep for an ambulance to come...and...

lol! i love it! btw~ i read "U2 in town" too fast and saw "U2town". i got a little excited.
smile.gif

i have no idea what i'd do. mona and i could just stand there and stare at the building and giggle for hours on end. but i could also be easily satisfied with a pair of binoculars and a knowledge of which window is the bathroom window. heh heh...

*bribes cleaning lady to 'accidentally' lose all the bath towels next time she does the laundry*

------------------
~Julie*
ScottPhisto's Shampoo Girl

"Let me introduce you to the scientist in the family. The man who gets sexual pleasure out of the collection of data. The Edge!" ~Bono (Boston)

The Fly: *looking at Edge* Did you have a dictionary for breakfast or something?
(MPS)

"EEEEEDGE, BEDAZZLE MEEEEEE!"

Originally posted by FallDownJulie:

lol! i love it! btw~ i read "U2 in town" too fast and saw "U2town". i got a little excited.
smile.gif

i have no idea what i'd do. mona and i could just stand there and stare at the building and giggle for hours on end. but i could also be easily satisfied with a pair of binoculars and a knowledge of which window is the bathroom window. heh heh...

*bribes cleaning lady to 'accidentally' lose all the bath towels next time she does the laundry*
PILGRIMAGE!!!!

DOOD Where you at?

------------------
~*Mona*~ LOVE me, give me SOUL
"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~Bono

"I...I had a one night stand with the Discoteque video" ~Mona

"If I knew who I was I wouldn't be an artist, I wouldn't be in a band, I wouldn't be here screaming for a living." ~Bono

The Man Corral

i need to post my pic of me and bruce....

------------------
~Julie*
ScottPhisto's Shampoo Girl

"Let me introduce you to the scientist in the family. The man who gets sexual pleasure out of the collection of data. The Edge!" ~Bono (Boston)

The Fly: *looking at Edge* Did you have a dictionary for breakfast or something?
(MPS)

"EEEEEDGE, BEDAZZLE MEEEEEE!"

Originally posted by Ana:

Where the fuck you've been girlie???
Anyone else think that we should start calling Ana pottymouth
biggrin.gif
!!!

------------------
***Spinny***

I spin so ceaselessly
"

funnily enough, bono IS in my town today for the taping of a tribute to him AND im going to see the arrivals at the show in Hollywood so I stand a good chance of seeing him today. i know what hotel he stays at in town and i actually have tried to get in but security is scary. i wont be doing that today though...i dont think...

alison

------------------
It doesn't matter what songs we sing. I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me. - Larry

Originally posted by mrsmullen:
funnily enough, bono IS in my town today for the taping of a tribute to him AND im going to see the arrivals at the show in Hollywood so I stand a good chance of seeing him today. i know what hotel he stays at in town and i actually have tried to get in but security is scary. i wont be doing that today though...i dont think...

alison

WHAT?????

Pleba Commandment #47-Though must stalk any member of U2 when they are in my home town.

Pleba Commandment #48-Though must go to any ends of The earth to meet a member of U2.

Pleba Commandment #49-Though must cancel any previous commitments (Even on Valentine's Day, Christmas, your wedding day, your birthday, etc) to try to see any member of U2 in person.

------------------
***Spinny***

I spin so ceaselessly
"

Originally posted by spinninghead77:
Originally posted by mrsmullen:

alison

WHAT?????

Pleba Commandment #47-Though must stalk any member of U2 when they are in my home town.

Pleba Commandment #48-Though must go to any ends of The earth to meet a member of U2.

Pleba Commandment #49-Though must cancel any previous commitments (Even on Valentine's Day, Christmas, your wedding day, your birthday, etc) to try to see any member of U2 in person.

What are commandments 1-46?

------------------
Daisy :)

She's standing at the station with her face pressed up against the glass.

"Jon, why can't you do what Bono says"--The Daily Show

Back
Top Bottom