What was your favorite non-U2 concert?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
futureheads- shout out louds at the Henry Fonda music box
X at the Vault in Long Beach and at Inland Invasion

runners up

depche mode on the touring the angel tour
david bowie on the reality tour
dave gahan on the paper monsters tour
the weirdos- the skulls - the gears at the echo
Gang of Four at the avalon
the adicts- the skulls- 999 at the showcase in corona

i know it's a lot but there are a lot to choose from. (not bragging)

Russty Cat ! :hug: !

BluRmGrl said:
Probably Sting w/Annie Lennox at the Alltell Pavillion in Raleigh several years ago.

For me, it was the same tour, Sting with Sacred Love, altough the support act was Suzanne Vega, whom I like a lot as well!
It was a free concert, and I didn't like this idea at all, I thought there would be thousand of people who couldn't even name two songs of him and I wouldn't see anything of the stage because of them.... :huh:
So I went there in the early afternoon with my friend and we were waiting patiently....and it was worth it! We were very lucky to get to the front row, to a special VIP sector, so I could see and hear every little thing perfectly....and every little thing he did was magic ! :heart:

And I will see him again in June with the Broken Music Tour! And his son's band will also perform! YAY! :love:
I'm also looking for the Depeche Mode show in June as well...busy month it will be! :hyper:

Springsteen. A year ago to the day, I was at the opening night show of the Devils and Dust tour in Detroit. It was the way I'd always wanted to see him: Just Bruce, with his guitars and piano.

:love:

And right now I'm listening to his new album (We Shall Overcome: The Seeger Sessions). Not quite for everyone, but I like it. :wink:

I've also seen Springsteen with the E Street Band. Excellent shows. He and U2 are the best in the business.

Lemonboy said:
Definitely Metallica at Ullevi Stadium, Gothenburg 2004!!:rockon:

Surprise, surprise... :wink:

Got two favourites actually...

R.E.M at Viking Stadion, Stavanger, Norway 2005 - I wasn't even supposed to go to that concert, because it had been sold out the same day the tickets went on sale, but I got tickets by pure luck a few weeks before the concert! :D It was a great day and one of the first real summer days (June 23rd) :cool: which just made it even more perfect - it was great! :yes:

The other one was with a Danish band called "tv-2" - can't remember the exact year but it must have been 2003 or 2004 (I've been to so many concerts with them, that I can't remember the dates anymore!)... I'm in the front row at the middle of the stage, right in front of the lead singer... at a point they start playing a song that has a line in it that says "...I'm not a star..." and as soon as the lead singer sings that line a guy a few rows behind me yells "YES YOU ARE!!!" - from looking out into the crowd, the lead singer turns his eyes to me and is looking me directly in the eyes and trying very hard to continue the song and not start laughing! At the same time I'm looking :huh: and is trying to gesture to him that it wasn't me yelling at him, but he just keeps :Ding and :wink:ing at me! It was a great concert! :laugh:

Last edited:
Scha I've heard Sting is really good! I would love to see him live. I hope you have a great time! :heart:

I'm lucky enough to be seeing Pearl Jam again this summer. :hyper: I'm seeing them two days in a row at The Gorge up in Washington. 3 of my friends are going as well so we are having a girls weekend with Pearl Jam. I can't wait! :drool:

Last year was a busy year

Saw my first u2 concert in June at Manchester
Then the following month saw REM at Nottigham

REM was out of this world even though it rained all night long was a fantastic show n the atmosphere was great

022605-group-3_1.jpg

:happy:

Illumination70 said:
I Gorge Amphitheatre in George, WA in 2000.
At the end of the night, my friend and I retired to the Gorge campground via a small, narrow path.
The hilarious part of the path was it was an extremely narrow foot path where over 1,000 members of the KISS-army where getting shoved through.
In fact, I'm surprised the security guards didn't take cattle-prods to us because I felt as if we were being herded as cattle on the path LOL.
Enough about me, what was your favorite non-U2 concert?

oh my the gorge is lovely but leaving is a pain...
i can never ever find my car...

Russty Cat said:
Scha I've heard Sting is really good! I would love to see him live. I hope you have a great time! :heart:

I'm lucky enough to be seeing Pearl Jam again this summer. :hyper: I'm seeing them two days in a row at The Gorge up in Washington. 3 of my friends are going as well so we are having a girls weekend with Pearl Jam. I can't wait! :drool:

Thanks, I will! Your Pearl Jam weekend sounds enviable as well...

scha said:

And I will see him again in June with the Broken Music Tour! And his son's band will also perform! YAY! :love:
I'm also looking for the Depeche Mode show in June as well...busy month it will be! :hyper:

You're seeing Sting this summer?? :ohmy: Where is he touring? Where are the dates? I looked up Broken Music Tour and all I find is 2005 dates. :confused:

**nevermind, I found the dates. None in America. :sad:

Have a great time though!! :hyper: And PS Jake (his son) is hawt. :drool:

Last edited:
Wow! Many Sting fans here as I see... :up:
Sami and Russty Cat, I hope you'll see him soon, altough I think with the shows in the summer and some festival appearances he will finish the tour and start to work on the new album (which would be bloody time to do so...)
And :yes: Jake is hottt, maybe one day he can be as :drool:worthy as his father :wink:

Nothing will top the anticipation and excitement of my first U2 show last May but Pearl Jam put on one hell of a show. Radiohead and Dave Matthews are also always really good shows.

Haven't been to too many concerts but I'd have to say John Mayer at the Verizon Wireless Ampitheater in Alabama and a band called Lynam...every time they do a show it's awesome. They're about to go nationwide so look out, they rock!:rockon: They do lots of 80's covers, original stuff, Kelly Clarkson...you name it.

last week I saw Sigur Ros at the Civic Opera House in Chicago :drool:
they were amazing.

the visuals were so incredible. hopefully I'll see them play again. they were sooo fantastic.

I don't have much money right now, but maybe later if ebay gets nice or something, I'll get tickets for Radiohead :drool:
(I literally waited in line for Radiohead tickets at ticketmaster, and when my brother and I finally came up to the counter the lady bluntly told us, "oh, sorry, they sold out. maybe next time?" :sad:

youtooellen said:

I don't have much money right now, but maybe later if ebay gets nice or something, I'll get tickets for Radiohead :drool:
(I literally waited in line for Radiohead tickets at ticketmaster, and when my brother and I finally came up to the counter the lady bluntly told us, "oh, sorry, they sold out. maybe next time?" :sad:

I did the presale for Radiohead :crack:

The ticketdrop was at 6:13 am! :happy:

Back
Top Bottom