what was Bono listening to?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thankyou

Refugee
I'm trying to find the article again, where Bono mentioned who he had been listening to recently (approximately around the time he was traveling through africa ). He made comments on these different singers and their music, maybe even how their music was inspiring him?

I've been trying to find it, but i'm short on time. If anyone happens to remember the place where I could find the quote?

much thanks!

:up:

Is this it?

What song is going through your head?

I have a radio on in my head most of the time and I was smiling to myself about the fact that a lot of the songs on the radio I’ve never heard before, which is to say I’m making them up. I suppose that is what I do. I’m a songwriter.

Sometimes I have a song in my head from Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, I have a song in my head from Massive Attack called Protection, I have a whole album in my head from Arcade Fire. In fact, their songs are starting to haunt me. They were on the road so I actually can’t get them out of my head but they are very inspiring songs. I’m lucky to have that particular virus.

But a lot of the time they are songs I haven’t heard before and I’m sort of tuning in listening. Sometimes I find myself humming a melody into my phone. I call melodies into the phone or write the words down into a notebook.

I had a great one the other day called “Love is All we Have Left.” It’s like an old Broadway tune. I thought it was a Frank Sinatra song.

--Reuters

actually, i wanted to listen to some of it, to see what he was liking so much. Wondering if it might influence what he is writing since he mentioned that he was ready to join the band and work on new songs.
just curious i guess.

For my road trip I got me some heavy duty headphones cause I'm listening to "the boys" most of the time (without driving the kids crazy :wink: )

thanks again! gotta run, late for work!!

Back
Top Bottom