What non-U2 songs remind you of our boys?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lauryl

The Fly
There are certain songs you listen to which you come to almost associate with certain people or things- what about Adam, Larry, Edge & Bono? I hope this hasn't been posted about before- if it has, do tell me. However goofy, this could be interesting! As for mine, these are the first songs that come to mind.

:larry:- Self "Stay Home"... He's got that vibe to him, and especially the lyrics about marching to the beat of his own drum :wink: (we need a geeky "I just made a retarded pun!" smiley lol)

:bono:- The Who "Behind Blue Eyes"... Though it wouldn't be his "theme", I think he's felt that way at times. And he's always talking about his blue eyes even when eye colour doesn't make a difference.

:edge:- Clay Aiken "When You Say You Love Me" (I'm not afraid to say I really like this song :lol:)... So it's really slashy but I'm serious about this in the nicest way possible- listening to this song does remind me a little of Edge.

:adam:- Will Smith "Big Willie Style"... just kidding. It'd be something instrumental. Oh, hey, "Yellow" by Coldplay, cause Adam seems to like yellow so much. (I'm so friggin deep.)

Your turn- I'm sure you'll come up with much better ideas :p

Lauryl! You read my mind! It's interesting you should start such a topic up, because every time i hear 'filthy gorgeous' by the Scissor Sisters, i think of Bono! :drool:

"Clocks" by Coldplay
-- the repetitive musical thrum is all Adam; the piano is all Edge; the falsetto is all King B (although actually this song makes me think of Sting too)

"Love Will Tear Us Apart" by Joy Division
-- for obvious reasons (and U2 must feel the same way)

"Glycerine" by Bush
-- the same chord progression as "WoWY"

Please note: I'm interpreting this thread musically, as opposed to songs that make me think of our boys (if I did, "Brown Eyed Girl" by VM reminds me an awful lot of the lyric from "Sweetest Thing" -- and, by association, Ali and Bono)

Last edited:
nathan1977 said:
"Clocks" by Coldplay
-- the repetitive musical thrum is all Adam; the piano is all Edge; the falsetto is all King B (although actually this song makes me think of Sting too)

Ooooo you're right! :up: (eta- not that I disagree with the other songs; just haven't heard them.)

Last edited:
Whenever I hear "I Wear Sunglasses at Night" by Corey Hart, I think of Bono

Whenever I listen to Amsterdam by Coldplay, Chris Martin sounds sooooo much like Bono. :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom