What no Leather Day! Whatever!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MissHewson said:
bonodb0.jpg

thanks to whiteflag from U2place
Bono is invited to my house anytime for a glass of homemade blackberry wine. :giggle: :drunk:

Galeongirl said:

that's adorable! :cute:

translation:

Swivel (unsure about that word..), sniff and slurp: The U2 singer knows how to enjoy a rich taste. (rich in terms of lots of flavours) In New York restaurant Pastis (B's fave place there) he finds the nessecary red for that. (means red wine ofcourse)

Oh Ja! means Oh Yes!

:shame: oh Bono, want to be caught doing the snake dance again doncha?

:laugh: oh lord, why can't that be on youtube somewhere!

I don't mean to be a nit-picker, but "nötige Ruhe" means "necesary rest/calm/quiet".
So there is nothing mentioned about him drinking red wine at all, could even be a little stronger if you ask me. (that glass is way too big for a wine glass)

I think he's drinking whiskey or scotch, or at least something like that.
Cus' I believe "ein edlen Tropfen" is a "noble drop" (or in this case many drops :wink: )

greety said:

I don't mean to be a nit-picker, but "nötige Ruhe" means "necesary rest/calm/quiet".
So there is nothing mentioned about him drinking red wine at all, could even be a little stronger if you ask me. (that glass is way too big for a wine glass)

I think he's drinking whiskey or scotch, or at least something like that.
Cus' I believe "ein edlen Tropfen" is a "noble drop" (or in this case many drops :wink: )

yes I thought about that drop aswell, but I used several translators and it ended up ebing gout in frencdh, wich means taste... .
You're right about Ruhe... >< damn what was I thinking? It's even in the opening of the One vid :lol:

bonocomet said:
Ok I just checked that you tube link. That is indeed the Street Missions vid I have seen, however not where those caps are from. There are no close ups of Bono like that in the Street Missions vid... thanks anyways tho!

Like I just said, it's them performing Street Mission in some club or something, it's not the actual video of the song but just the band singing it!

Chacco said:

Ali said that Bono was quite the "girl charmer" in school, and that is why she sort of steered clear from him for a while when he first started hitting on her. I wonder if he used any of those looks to impress the girls. :der:

Maybe that is why she walked off thinking "what an eeyit." :giggle:

Babydoll said:

Like I just said, it's them performing Street Mission in some club or something, it's not the actual video of the song but just the band singing it!

No problem Bd! I was actually answering that in reference to the reply by anji, I knew what you meant. :)

Sorry if I was confusing! Gg says she has that show so hopefully we'll see the actual vid soon. :happy:

greety said:
une goutte = waterdruppel in Dutch or drop in English ;)

I used this one cus I wasn't sure about my German either :uhoh:
http://www.netonline.be/ondernemen/vertalen.asp

the dutch is wrong :lol: water=water and druppel=drop... so ti should be just druppel...

my translator did it wrong aswell, it said gout instead of goutte... gout = taste...
oh well, you cleared it up for me ^^

Back
Top Bottom