What makes you love them...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flybabe

Blue Crack Addict
Hi guys Im bored out of my scull so I came here,Duh..

Me personally,is known to drive my parents and anyone I know crazy,with my love for U2 and Here I know I can talk to almost anyone about them and I just wanted to know...what makes you love U2 so much.could it be... Bono`s charm, larry`s Body, Adam`s hair, or Edge`s guitar playing, hmmm...:drool:
Cause I`m gonna try to go see them soon:wink:

Last edited:
Their 'realness', they're human and you get a great sense of that from their interaction with fans etc....and the way their chests (esp Bono's) make me feel when I'm sick:wink: :drool:

oh...and this.....
9f599d85.jpg

:wink:

I love the way that they seem so nice and down to earth.
I love the way they always seem to have time for their fans.
I love the way that they do so many good things and remain so modest.
I love their gorgeous looks :drool:
I love Edge...everything about him, and his dear little furry tummy, Bono's ultra-sexiness and gorgeous blue eyes, Adam's immense coolness and Larry's great no-nonsense style.
And I mean, just look at them!!
ilovethatpurpletop.jpg

:heart: It feels good to be able to get this out, whenever I blather on about them to my non-U2 friends, they seem to get cross with me! :wink:

What makes me love them?

EVERYTHING ABOUT THEM. The sheer essence of who they are and what they believe in.
I especially love their imperfections! It speaks volumes and the honesty that shows makes them relatable, human and ohhh so smart!
They are true men of GOD in a quiet but loud and life changing way that rocks the world. :rockon:
:drool: :drool: :drool:

Slopsy said:
I love the way that they seem so nice and down to earth.
I love the way they always seem to have time for their fans.
I love the way that they do so many good things and remain so modest.
I love their gorgeous looks :drool:
I love Edge...everything about him, and his dear little furry tummy, Bono's ultra-sexiness and gorgeous blue eyes, Adam's immense coolness and Larry's great no-nonsense style.
And I mean, just look at them!!
ilovethatpurpletop.jpg

:heart: It feels good to be able to get this out, whenever I blather on about them to my non-U2 friends, they seem to get cross with me! :wink:

Very true,mine hate me so bad when I just mouth the word U2.:mad:

Jeannieco said:
What makes me love them?

EVERYTHING ABOUT THEM. The sheer essence of who they are and what they believe in.
I especially love their imperfections! It speaks volumes and the honesty that shows makes them relatable, human and ohhh so smart!
They are true men of GOD in a quiet but loud and life changing way that rocks the world. :rockon:
:drool: :drool: :drool:

Amen to that! The last statement is everything my respect and sheer admiration and love for them is built on. God has used them and their music to build my faith and also help teach me what a real Christian faith is. Their music is brilliant. Bono is truly the best lyricist of all time and his voice is outstanding. There has never been a guitarist like The Edge. His sound is distinctive and powerful. Larry is an awesome drummer. He doesn't have to overpower the music and song like so many drummers do, yet he still shows so much power. Adam is often almost unnoticed in a way until you realize none of the songs would sound so amazing without the strength of his bass lines. God bless them for their example of faith and 30 years of the best music the world has ever seen. U2 is truly the greatest band of all time. No one has, is or ever will come close to the greatness that is U2!!!! God Bless!

"What no man can own...No man can take.": Yahweh-U2

U2isthebest said:

Amen to that! The last statement is everything my respect and sheer admiration and love for them is built on. God has used them and their music to build my faith and also help teach me what a real Christian faith is. Their music is brilliant. Bono is truly the best lyricist of all time and his voice is outstanding. There has never been a guitarist like The Edge. His sound is distinctive and powerful. Larry is an awesome drummer. He doesn't have to overpower the music and song like so many drummers do, yet he still shows so much power. Adam is often almost unnoticed in a way until you realize none of the songs would sound so amazing without the strength of his bass lines. God bless them for their example of faith and 30 years of the best music the world has ever seen. U2 is truly the greatest band of all time. No one has, is or ever will come close to the greatness that is U2!!!! God Bless!

WOW you guys are good,Total Amen I love them to much,Christian plus my favourite band what could be better:heart: :yes:

flybabe said:

WOW you guys are good,Total Amen I love them to much,Christian plus my favourite band what could be better:heart: :yes:

Are you a Christian too? That's awesome! I'm Brittany, btw. God Bless!!

i LOVED the kissy dancy thing at the end of the sports illustrated message <3<33

i love that i can say to my friends "I love you too!! o wait, did i say "you too"? I meant U2." ^________________^

ok seriosuly i love all that they stand for, the reason why they're still together and make amazing music, and that they're so loyal to eachother and to their fans. also their personalities and quirkiness is SO lovable. how could you not? <3
and lastly, i love that they have fans like us. not all bands have these kinds of fans! only the ones that deserve them ;]

Bono's appearance on the Oprah show. I'm just blown away! The Red campaign is really making a difference, and is so easy to join! Bono is amazing!!! How can people say he "sucks" and berate him? He has a genuine sense of compassion for other people, and truly wants to make a diffference for fellow human beings. People can at least respect him for that!

JCOSTER said:
My mother was watching Oprah.....she said I don't know why women go crazy over him, hes ugly and he can't sing....

I am now an ORPHAN!!!!!:mad:

Ugly?:madspit: CAN'T SING??:tsk:. That is so upsetting. LOL. It gets better: I was watching w/my grandma and she (along w/everyone else I know LOL) knows a lot about U2 because I talk about them so much, and she goes, "I hope he really becomes a Christian someday.":mad: :mad: I got so pissed. We won't go there. God Bless!

JCOSTER said:
My mother was watching Oprah.....she said I don't know why women go crazy over him, hes ugly and he can't sing....

I am now an ORPHAN!!!!!:mad:

hey, you can come and live with me. be my U2 sister :wink:
bonotalk all day long :blahblah:

What also makes me love them is that they would really do almost anyting for anybody,and they don`t just bite someone`s head off like other bands do, unless it was necessary...

I also love that the fame hasn't gone to their head. You still feel like they are approachable (hmm maybe except Larry, but we respect that!), and that although they enjoy the trappings that come with their fame etc, they still go down to their 'local' for a drink etc...

gluey said:
I also love that the fame hasn't gone to their head. You still feel like they are approachable (hmm maybe except Larry, but we respect that!), and that although they enjoy the trappings that come with their fame etc, they still go down to their 'local' for a drink etc...

another boring day,:yawn: how`s is going for you Gluey you better?

U2isthebest said:

Ugly?:madspit: CAN'T SING??:tsk:. That is so upsetting. LOL. It gets better: I was watching w/my grandma and she (along w/everyone else I know LOL) knows a lot about U2 because I talk about them so much, and she goes, "I hope he really becomes a Christian someday.":mad: :mad: I got so pissed. We won't go there. God Bless!

I hope you set her straight!

^^Oh, I have repeatedly. She really does believe he's and the rest of U2 are Christians, but she of course was raised in a different time, so she doesn't undertsand why their music is "secular" or why they might swear, etc. She actually really likes their music though which is a miracle. You really want to know of some people that might be a bit messed up in their understanding of God's Word and real Christianity? Go to Yahoo!, Google, etc and type in Slice of Laodicea. When you get to the website type in "Bono" and read the articles "Bono says I'm a Believer" and the articles about him speaking at Bill Hybel's conference last month. Wow..some of those things people say literally had me shaking I was so angry. Feel free to pm me later if u want! God Bless!!

The fact they're mates and have stayed together for 30 years. I think its fair to say there are not many people that would stick together to share the highs and lows, for their entire adulthood.
Its something that is too precious in this ever changing world.

I also love them for their supreme musicianship and the unadulterated passion that seams through their music especially live.

U2isthebest said:

Yep, I agree with you too! Their faith is what does it for me. It just makes the music so powerful and soo much more meaningful!
Transcendance.... as Bono says, now that's real power in the music! They are examples of Christ's love and act in way that I believe He would be so proud of. Faults and all. And they are so humble about what they are doing to help people, it's just so refreshing isn't it? LOVE THEM FOREVER
Peace

Jeannieco said:

Yep, I agree with you too! Their faith is what does it for me. It just makes the music so powerful and soo much more meaningful!
Transcendance.... as Bono says, now that's real power in the music! They are examples of Christ's love and act in way that I believe He would be so proud of. Faults and all. And they are so humble about what they are doing to help people, it's just so refreshing isn't it? LOVE THEM FOREVER
Peace

:applaud: :dancing: :rockon: Could not agree more!! You should pm me sometime, so we can discuss more! God Bless!!

gluey said:

Yep getting better now thanks, another week and I'll be dangerous again!!

I`m glad, I was also wondering,can I be included in the Pleban`s
cause it`s pretty wild and cool in there...:hyper: :hug:

Back
Top Bottom