What makes me sad about the Vertigo video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Potential cover?? :D

ezhoz

starsgoblue said:
I've been drooling over the Spain shoot pics for weeks now and the footage clearly is not going to see the light of day.

Oh man, I was SOO disappointed when I saw this video! First of all, weird black stuff chasing them around for no particular reason. Second, no Bono wiggle! The one thing I was looking forward to this whole time! I mean, the footage is included in the video but they only shot his head! Let's just hope we get a good view of this in the Making of the Video documentary when it airs tonight...

I was a bit disappointed in the video too. There's a scene where he looks like he's doing a bit of salsa mambo move and all you can see is his head and shoulders!
AND what in the world happened with his neck to waist bareness!!!???
AND....am I numb or what...or is it possible that there isn't a Making the Video for this??? Last night I stayed up to watch it and MTV showed some reality show.

sweetie said:
am I numb or what...or is it possible that there isn't a Making the Video for this??? Last night I stayed up to watch it and MTV showed some reality show.

I also stayed up last night, because I wanted to see the wiggle, dammit!!! Thwarted again! Let's just hope they've delayed it until closer to the album release, or maybe it will be on that dvd single? Good thing I was planning on buying that ANYWAY...If they keep teasing me like this, I will NOT get an iPod! :eyebrow:

Okay, I'm going to go against what I said earlier that Bono isn't sexy, because what I want to say is that Bono doesn't have to strip off all his clothes to be sexy. I haven't seen the video, but I can tell you that I don't think Bono has to sell himself in order to be sexy. Period.

Last edited:
nurse chrissi said:
Things that should be included in every video
1. Shirts: optional, open, or ripped off during process of video
2. Pants: leather, jeans (tight) or optional
3. Rolling around in sand/water/snow/other natural substance
4. Sexy wiggle

I totally agree with these ideas. :drool: 'course, no shirt at all would be even better...:drool: :drool: :drool:

starsgoblue said:
Heck yeah. I wanted the oppurtunity to objectify him and treat him like a sexual beast! :angry:

Can we maybe try to tone it down just a hair?

starsgoblue said:
Was I the only faithful PLEBAn that realized the footage of Bono with his shirt completely ripped open and the footage of when he was rolling in the sand was NOT included in the video? :sad:

I've been drooling over the Spain shoot pics for weeks now and the footage clearly is not going to see the light of day.

Perhaps my recent accusations of COS struck a nerve and this is some part of a consipracy to coverup Bono's definite affliction. :hmm:

(raises a fist defiantly in the air) I demand that it be released for the consumption of PLEBA! Anyone with me on this?

i am! :lmao:

Back
Top Bottom