What kind of dad do you think Edge is???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shygirl

Acrobat
I think he is pretty protective of his kids..I can totally see him having a special relationship with his daughters...ya know? I'm sure they are all "daddy's little girls".. God bless the guy who wants to take one of his daughters on a date one day!

Can you imagine Edge sitting in the evening helping his kids with homework???

[This message has been edited by Shygirl (edited 10-24-2001).]

I can totally see Edge helping kis kids with science fair projects (perhaps about barn owls) and getting so into the work that he completely takes over the project.

Originally posted by Shygirl:

Can you imagine Edge sitting in the evening helping his kids with homeowork???

------------------
Jessica

"Rock and roll doggie"
--Bono

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

LMAO I can so see that too...

I can see Edge like chasing after his kiddies "no no don't play with daddy's guitar!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOO you broke my guitar!!!!!!!! *cries*"

I can also see him playing with his kiddies all the time and fixing their toys "ok let daddy fix this"

biggrin.gif

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
www.angelfire.com/tx2/KITIYU2

"I am a sexy mofo, what can I say?" --What Larry really says to himself when he looks into the mirror every morning

I read some where that he dances in his kitchen to NYSNC with his daughter. AWW to the dancing, Ew to the music. LOL! If his kids were smart they would say, "Hey DAD! Here's my homework, do it!" hehe! I know I would
smile.gif

------------------
Dana

"AHH...this is civics in action!"
--Mr. Campbell and me at a U2 concert, 6/21/01

"I simulate love making by beating a piece of wood with a metal wire on which it vibrates."
-Adam, when asked, 'If a martian landed and was introduced to you and asked what you do, what would you say?'

I can't imagine him telling his kids off though. He's just too nice.

Edge- No um you can't do that er um well I said no and I mean no well um er um well. Oh O.K then this once.
biggrin.gif

I think part of the underlying reason why I like Edge so much is that he reminds me of my own dad...Mr. Fixit, Mr. Mathbrains, Mr. Laid-back...tho my dad is definitely NOT Mr. Technology like Edge!
biggrin.gif

I just know Edge is a GREAT dad...I'm sure he's very patient, very loving and gentle, probably hugs his kids a lot; and since he has 4 girls, I'm sure he's very protective of them. They'll probably end up like me: having a hard timing finding a guy who "measures up" to Dad!
smile.gif
But I bet he has a blast with his new son, being the only boy, although I'm sure Edge doesn't play favorites...

I picture all the guys as being GREAT dads - Bono is the fun/silly dad, Edge is the laid-back, brainy dad, and Larry is the strict dad...do we know for sure yet if Adam really is a daddy himself? There was that rumor going around awhile back....

disco

Originally posted by Discoteque:
I think part of the underlying reason why I like Edge so much is that he reminds me of my own dad...Mr. Fixit, Mr. Mathbrains, Mr. Laid-back...tho my dad is definitely NOT Mr. Technology like Edge!
biggrin.gif

I can totally see Edge fixing everything in sight... and messing around with the computer. Neglecting his kids because he spends all his time reading PLEBA!
wink.gif
heehee

You know who reminds me of MY dad, though...is actually Bono. I know I'm weird, but my dad is a short Irish man who's *got the gift of the gab* like Bono. Um...thats about it though...
OKAY nevermind.
*runs away in shame*
redface.gif

------------------
*Men should not be forced to wear pants if its not cold* ~Adam

*Larry's always been noticed cause he's the pretty one*

"Do you have a final message for the crowd today, something they can take home with them...as if this wasn't enough?"
Larry: "Something they can take home with them?...I'm not taking off my clothes."--MuchMusic tv show, May 2001

[This message has been edited by bluesky (edited 10-24-2001).]

Originally posted by DML:
I read some where that he dances in his kitchen to NYSNC with his daughter. AWW to the dancing, Ew to the music.

That is so adorable!!! Do you think Morleigh teaches them all how to belly dance?
smile.gif
I'd love to see the guys do the everyday parenting stuff- I'm sure it'd be very cute to see.

Originally posted by bluesky:

You know who reminds me of MY dad, though...is actually Bono. I know I'm weird, but my dad is a short Irish man who's *got the gift of the gab* like Bono. Um...thats about it though...
OKAY nevermind.
*runs away in shame*
redface.gif

LOL Bluesky,
I have a "Bono" dad too.
- He is into everything wheather he has time for it or not,
-big into public speaking and charity work.
-He looses EVERYTHING
-He has a temper, once he rammed a geometry compass into a guy's ass for being a jerk to him
-He's a little klutzy, he phoned me the other night and told me he shut his own head in the car door...for the third time in his life..."yeah I bled a little, but I'm okay."
-He thinks he is just about the funniest thing alive.
-He will talk to ANYONE for any amount of time
-He is constantly trying to embarass me in front of my boyfiend, it's quite funny usually it backfires and he looks like a weirdo.
Sigh, worst thing is everyone says I look like my mom but act JUST like my dad. I'm Doomed!
-Bluey

Originally posted by DML:
I read some where that he dances in his kitchen to NYSNC with his daughter

I read on Rolling Stone he dances in the kitchen with her daughter (doesn't specify which one) to the Backstreet Boys...

Ahh soooooo sweet
*Wants to dance with Edge to whatever music he likes, as long he hugs her tightly thru the melody*
biggrin.gif

------------------
...and I feel
like I'm holding on to nothing...

Have any of you guys seen the picture of Edge at an Elevation concert playing to Sian??? It's possibly the sweetest picture of him I have ever seen. Gaaah! I wish I could remember where I saw it. Someone's website. Anyway, you can just *see* what a cute dad he is.

------------------
"Those U2 songs, they seem to have a lot of big feelings in them."
--Bono, Details interview

"He...never...shuts...up."
--Sheila Roche, on Bono

"don't let go, you've got the music in you..."

Yes!!! God, that is THE cutest picture! Look at the expression on his face!

------------------
"Those U2 songs, they seem to have a lot of big feelings in them."
--Bono, Details interview

"He...never...shuts...up."
--Sheila Roche, on Bono

"don't let go, you've got the music in you..."

Well according to Candysroom I am his daughter. She says I look like him and said I was his love child today. I would say he would be good apart from the fact he is often away from home. He is intelligent and could help them with homework, he is funny and he has kind eyes.

Originally posted by blueeyes:
LOL Bluesky,
I have a "Bono" dad too.
- He is into everything wheather he has time for it or not,
-big into public speaking and charity work.
-He looses EVERYTHING
-He has a temper, once he rammed a geometry compass into a guy's ass for being a jerk to him
-He's a little klutzy, he phoned me the other night and told me he shut his own head in the car door...for the third time in his life..."yeah I bled a little, but I'm okay."
-He thinks he is just about the funniest thing alive.
-He will talk to ANYONE for any amount of time
-He is constantly trying to embarass me in front of my boyfiend, it's quite funny usually it backfires and he looks like a weirdo.
Sigh, worst thing is everyone says I look like my mom but act JUST like my dad. I'm Doomed!
-Bluey[/B]

Your dad sounds hilarious!!
biggrin.gif
Now that I see that picture of Edge and his daughter....awwwwww....I think my dad is sort of a mix between Bono and Edge. He has been in a band that plays Irish music at pubs in Seattle for over 20 years, and he once brought me up on stage when I was 5 to sing a song with him. I can see Edge doing that...Bono too...
smile.gif

My dad can talk to whoever, whenever, and for hours too!!

------------------
*Men should not be forced to wear pants if its not cold* ~Adam

*Larry's always been noticed cause he's the pretty one*

"Do you have a final message for the crowd today, something they can take home with them...as if this wasn't enough?"
Larry: "Something they can take home with them?...I'm not taking off my clothes."--MuchMusic tv show, May 2001

[This message has been edited by bluesky (edited 10-25-2001).]

Originally posted by blueeyes:
-He has a temper, once he rammed a geometry compass into a guy's ass for being a jerk to him.
Sigh, worst thing is everyone says I look like my mom but act JUST like my dad.

How come I feel like I just signed my life away?
eek.gif

------------------
Hip Pontiff of Sparkyism

"There's no room for spiritual constitpation here!" - Ian Astbury, The Cult

SlipStream Soul

Poor little girl. I bet she gets confused, traumatized or freaked out when she sees the way the fans scream, flirt, kiss, hug and say very bad naughty things about his daddy...

------------------
I'm hanging on
you're all that's left to hold on to...
I'm still waiting...

Back
Top Bottom