What is the weeeirdest thing you've done for U2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LMAO @ everyone!

We really are a bunch of crazies!

Oh yeah...I thought of another one...

I'm probably gonna write my senior thesis (read: the paper I have to use to get into grad school) about Irish literature...which class I am taking this semester...BECAUSE I love U2 so much and wanted to do "Irish" stuff! lol

geesh, how could I forget this...

I paid about $800 to stay in The Clarence for 2 nights. and cleared out the medicine cabinent. ( i should scan the items and post them here..hahaha, i think i will) and also took a pair of the royal purple linen slippers that the maids set out for us each night.:evil:

Last edited:
i am sad

here are my items from The Clarence :coocoo: :reject:

slipper pouch
334%3C4%3C9923232%7Ffp66%3Dot%3E2326%3D5%3B%3B%3D883%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3C95%3B4487ot1lsi

slippers
334%3C4%3C9923232%7Ffp67%3Dot%3E2326%3D5%3B%3B%3D883%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3C95%3B4837ot1lsi

matchbox:
334%3C4%3C9923232%7Ffp65%3Dot%3E2326%3D5%3B%3B%3D883%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3C95%3B4%3B55ot1lsi

back of matchbox with match
334%3C4%3C9923232%7Ffp66%3Dot%3E2326%3D5%3B%3B%3D883%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3C95%3B5373ot1lsi

LMFAO @ this thread!

MVD, those things are so COOL!

Well, I do many relatively insane things for U2... but the craziest, IMO, is that I plan everything around my U2 related auctions on Ebay.

Sis: Wanna go to the movies today?

Katty: What time?

Sis: Starts at 8:30PM

Katty: Let me ck my agenda... Sorry, that auction I'm bidding on ends at 9:00... I have to be in front of the computer in case some as*hole tries to steal that rare U2 book away from me!!!

And ever since my U2 (and PLEBA) obsession began, I've convinced myself that 4 hours of sleep are more than enough...

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Ah! This thread is GREAT!!!

I'm planning my craziest U2 endeavor right now... unfortunately, it's top secret at the moment. :silent:

But when it's ready, you ALL will be the first to know about it!!! :yes: :D

oliveu2cm said:

:laugh: omg is adam's willy the biggest one??!!

goldfish.gif

HAHA actually no, Bono is. He bosses evreyone else around and steals their food.
They're all really small and it takes me about 10 minutes of study to figure out who is who. Adam's Willy (who is Paul to those that don't need to hear about Adam's Willy... like my mom), his tail points down a little so he's kinda curved.
Um. :angel:

as to crasy things, I followed around a guy with an elevation shirt on yesterday for awhile

I camped out in front of a music store for 6 hours in the freezing cold english winter waiting for the elevation dvd.

i stayed up all night, from 11pm till 4am, to tape a u2 thing on the telly, and never actually went to sleep, just watched the interview all night.

I have:

Turned a Kermit the Frog into Kermit the Edge

Made a U2 shirt

Decorated my half of my dorm room with U2 stuff

Named my fish Bono

Ran around my house like a maniac when I saw Electrical Storm up for download on Kazaa

Wrote "I *heart* U2 on my Strat

Was known as "U2 Fan" at school

lets see....wait outside the Four Seasons for hours just incase Bono was there...AND HE WAS:drool: so that paid off:drool: :shifty: then made an ass out of myself in the window:lmao:

Heres where it all started:

1. 1981 after hearing them on radio, got in a cab at 14 to try to get into a local club, December 13th in the pouring rain down by the beach but to no avail.

2. For a class @ FIT in 1987 I redesigned SPIN magazine using U2 for my cover.

3. waited overnight for tickets.

4. Paid a fortune for tickets for Vertigo and received a pair only a few hours before the show.

5. In the 80's, had the following picture on the back of my door & used to think Bono was watching me. It had lipstick prints all over.
thbono14.jpg

:coocoo:

6. Joined here after 20 something love affair with the band.
7. collected dvds, cd, books, pictures, just bought 2 pr. of Bono like sunglasses.

Last edited:
Naming my firstborn son Jaden Bono Elijah John...
Is that enough? No?
Getting a B tattooed on the left inside of my wrist.
Enough? No...
Going to Ireland and going to every pub until I run into Bono.
I think that's all I'm gonna say because I don't want to scare anyone. :wink:

Here goes....

It involved spoons, paint, and about 3 hours total of waiting for paint to dry in between.

I put them in a plastic baggy with a little birthday note with them. I didn't get them to the intended band member :adam:, but I did meet Edge and asked if he could pass them along (it was April and was intended as a belated b-day gift). :) No clue if Adam ever got them. The last person to have them that I saw was Edge's bodyguard who held anything Edge was given to by fans.

Yeah, that's gotta be the craziest thing.

Though, I've been painting unusual objects for awhile now, my mom's glass candle holders and those free internet promo CD-roms never looked better ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom